Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... 15:36 - Jan 28 with 21139 viewsSimonM

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-breaking-

Excellent!
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:25 - Jan 28 with 3940 viewsmax936

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:03 - Jan 28 by WarwickHunt

He'll be picking the team and taking training next...

Huw, seems to have learnt a little.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:54 - Jan 28 with 3804 viewsSwan91

I can't think of a time where Swansea has announced that we will be signing a player before he actually arrives.... usually its all secret
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:55 - Jan 28 with 3796 viewsGriffting

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:54 - Jan 28 by Swan91

I can't think of a time where Swansea has announced that we will be signing a player before he actually arrives.... usually its all secret

Still going to have to wait until tomorrow for him to have his medical.. You won't rush the swans see
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 18:09 - Jan 28 with 3717 viewscostalotta

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:47 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

I know it's too soon to tell, but initial impressions of Guidolin are very good in my view. He seems calm and thoughtful - I like the comment that says he's trying to bring in two that he knows will strengthen us, but that he doesn't want to upset the apple cart by bringing in too many before he's had a proper chance to assess. That's the sort of non kneejerk reaction we need.

Also very interesting to hear him talk in a manner which is so inclusive - not so much of the 'I do this and I do that' as we've had before. The picture of him and Curt hugging each other at Everton was lovely - both of them being man enough to share in success without ego. Great first impression.

Your last paragraph sums it very well!

This a particular strength of the italian way in creating the right mentality. The "us" element is vital. italian coaches know to nurture this better than most as was evident in 1982 and 2006 when they won the World Cup. I know that was the national team and a World Cup but the point is, that's what they do so well. They won those world cups and they had no business doing so! I hope that these initial impressions and indicative of what's he's doing. We should be really excited at the prospect of what he's going to do here. Bring it on!
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 18:12 - Jan 28 with 3694 viewsWingstandwood

Is it just me?........ but SCFC's new coaching staff?.........Got vastly better transfer-acquisition 'contacts' and pulling power than the three previous clowns/Trojan-horse impostors i.e. the utterly crap and useless Pep, Beattie and Kristian O' Leary.

Argus!

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 18:16 - Jan 28 with 3666 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 17:20 - Jan 28 by dailew

Still not official - his wiki page says Chievo.

Reminds me of Daniel Peacock - have they ever been seen together?

Daniel Peacock.

Alberto Paloschi

Actually looks like Rafael Nadal there.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 18:43 - Jan 28 with 3523 viewsmarchamjack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 16:28 - Jan 28 by Davillin

I don't where the idea comes from that Swansea managers are just "handed players by Huw/the board that he doesn't know about and doesn't want."

To my recollection Laudrup was the only manager who never said that he was involved with Huw in targeting players, and Laudrup used Muley to do that. [I forget his name.] To our -- and Laudrup's -- detriment.

Yes, perhaps some young players, or players already in the pipeline, might be recommended to Guidolin for an up-or-down, but from his hiring forward, he'll either recommend to Huw or Huw will recommend to him, but he'll have the say.

It's clear that Guidolin was hired because he has the same football philosophy as Swansea City, including the kind of players we need. That's central to the Swansea way and to Swansea's success. And he knew that before he came here.

Of course, Huw will do the negotiating [as it should be], but even that will be subject to Guidolin's input, such as max. transfer fee and annual salary.

C'mon Dav

Aside from Laudrup, Monk was clearly handed players (look at this summer's signings...).

Have a look back at our Jan window signings over the years and tell me that many of them were hand selected by our managers at the time...as it appears Guido has now selected Paloschi.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 18:55 - Jan 28 with 3460 viewsmonmouth

If it goes tits up now, everyone who is slagging off the signing will suddenly be claiming that he would have been the greatest player ever to grace our grass.

See the Asspass Chronicles for further details.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:04 - Jan 28 with 3408 viewsWatchman

Bauza's twin!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:13 - Jan 28 with 3365 viewsGlyn1

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 18:43 - Jan 28 by marchamjack

C'mon Dav

Aside from Laudrup, Monk was clearly handed players (look at this summer's signings...).

Have a look back at our Jan window signings over the years and tell me that many of them were hand selected by our managers at the time...as it appears Guido has now selected Paloschi.

In fact, wasn't it supposed to be a positive point that the chairman and staff were selecting the transfer targets rather than the manager - allowed long-term scouting and planning, blah blah, identified players who could fit into the Swansea way, blah blah, a "Continental" means of selecting players rather than leaving it to the manager, blah, blah, blah.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:23 - Jan 28 with 3303 viewsbluenile

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:49 - Jan 28 by jasper_T

Mickey Laudrup's poor face on Christmas morning after opening a slightly used Marvin Emnes.

WHO the f**k are you???..............................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:40 - Jan 28 with 3227 viewsdameedna

If we discount Jdg
There was a centre half who failed medical due to knees think he was at Derby
It's not so long ago
some recent signings have been strange and lacked support for the manager
We are a small club with some appeal but most players like Austin and Long choose others
Most if not all managers would bankrupt the club so they need to be managed and limited to coaching the team to some extent
Thus is also what the trust us for, advising on investments
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:40 - Jan 28 with 3220 viewscaerleon_jack

Dean Leacock.

Huw got his fingers severely burned there, and we started to be far more secretive about possible signings from then on.

Insert something witty here

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:00 - Jan 28 with 3156 viewsmax936

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:40 - Jan 28 by dameedna

If we discount Jdg
There was a centre half who failed medical due to knees think he was at Derby
It's not so long ago
some recent signings have been strange and lacked support for the manager
We are a small club with some appeal but most players like Austin and Long choose others
Most if not all managers would bankrupt the club so they need to be managed and limited to coaching the team to some extent
Thus is also what the trust us for, advising on investments

Dean Leacock, think he ended up at Derby after failing medical with us didn't he?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:07 - Jan 28 with 3113 viewsPacemaker

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:00 - Jan 28 by max936

Dean Leacock, think he ended up at Derby after failing medical with us didn't he?

I think it was about the same time that Pratley came here?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:19 - Jan 28 with 2886 viewsDavillin

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:40 - Jan 28 by caerleon_jack

Dean Leacock.

Huw got his fingers severely burned there, and we started to be far more secretive about possible signings from then on.

I'm sorry Huw got his fingers burned, but I'm extremely glad that we keep our business to ourselves, especially about things that could fail.

I don't know whether to laugh or get angry when every time we are reported to be interested in a player, a half-dozen other clubs suddenly get interested, too.

I just assume that that is a way to save money on genuine scouting effort. Pissants.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:24 - Jan 28 with 2854 viewsDewi1jack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 19:04 - Jan 28 by Watchman

Bauza's twin!

🎤 "Oh Guillem Bauza, you are the love of my life..."

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:45 - Jan 28 with 2714 viewsmagicdaps10

Leacock was an interesting one. He actually passed his medical but a physio picked up on his strange walk and suggested that they done further and more in depth tests on his hips and thighs, his second medical found problems.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:55 - Jan 28 with 2652 viewsDyfnant

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 20:45 - Jan 28 by magicdaps10

Leacock was an interesting one. He actually passed his medical but a physio picked up on his strange walk and suggested that they done further and more in depth tests on his hips and thighs, his second medical found problems.

Wouldn't get away with discriminating against a bit of mincing these days.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 21:15 - Jan 28 with 2533 viewsEdmundo

Excellento👍

Getting happier by the day

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 21:19 - Jan 28 with 2500 viewsSwansNZ

I know nothing about Paloschi, but if the boss wants him, and we can get him, I’ll be happy.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 21:37 - Jan 28 with 2393 viewsMrSwerve

Scored at the Liberty already (Italy v Wales U19s)...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 21:53 - Jan 28 with 2325 viewsJJJack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 21:37 - Jan 28 by MrSwerve

Scored at the Liberty already (Italy v Wales U19s)...

Good knowledge son!
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 21:58 - Jan 28 with 2272 viewsLoyal

This guy can't be any worse than Eder, Vazquez or Schecter. About time we invested.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:07 - Jan 28 with 2206 viewshobo

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 21:58 - Jan 28 by Loyal

This guy can't be any worse than Eder, Vazquez or Schecter. About time we invested.

1. Gomis
2. Vazquez
3. Paloschi
4. Eder
5. Schecter
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024