Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... 15:36 - Jan 28 with 21138 viewsSimonM

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-breaking-

Excellent!
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:15 - Jan 28 with 3217 viewsDaggyjack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:07 - Jan 28 by hobo

1. Gomis
2. Vazquez
3. Paloschi
4. Eder
5. Schecter

An the list means what exactly?
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:32 - Jan 28 with 3108 viewshobo

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:15 - Jan 28 by Daggyjack

An the list means what exactly?

Hi Daggy, I listed those names from 1-5 based on their perceived ability
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:51 - Jan 28 with 3028 viewsmax936

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:32 - Jan 28 by hobo

You rate him below Gomis and Vasquez then?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:35 - Jan 29 with 2772 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 15:50 - Jan 28 by londonlisa2001

He didn't say that though did he.

Are you prepared to give him a chance or have you decided he's not Guardiola and he's not signing Ronaldo so he's crap? Only asking so that I can just ignore any posts you make if the second is true.

If you want to ignore me based on arguments you've invented for me that's your business and I won't lose any sleep over it.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:42 - Jan 29 with 2743 viewsJackSomething

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:07 - Jan 28 by hobo

1. Gomis
2. Vazquez
3. Paloschi
4. Eder
5. Schecter

Seeing as Paloschi isn't even confirmed yet, let alone kicked a ball as a Swansea player, it's impressive that you've been able to judge him so conclusively.

Also, although I doubt Eder is good enough for the PL, to rank him beyond Vazquez is an insult he doesn't deserve.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:56 - Jan 29 with 2696 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:42 - Jan 29 by JackSomething

Seeing as Paloschi isn't even confirmed yet, let alone kicked a ball as a Swansea player, it's impressive that you've been able to judge him so conclusively.

Also, although I doubt Eder is good enough for the PL, to rank him beyond Vazquez is an insult he doesn't deserve.

Paloschi made his debut for Milan 7 years ago. It's entirely fair to judge him as a player based on what he has done in that period.

I hope he does well but from what I've seen (everyone latched onto the highlights comment but I only said mostly highlights. Plenty of full games, too) I don't expect him to pull up any trees for us. It's not an exciting signing beyond the fact that any new signing at the moment is a bit exciting.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:58 - Jan 29 with 2689 viewslovejuicejack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:56 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

Paloschi made his debut for Milan 7 years ago. It's entirely fair to judge him as a player based on what he has done in that period.

I hope he does well but from what I've seen (everyone latched onto the highlights comment but I only said mostly highlights. Plenty of full games, too) I don't expect him to pull up any trees for us. It's not an exciting signing beyond the fact that any new signing at the moment is a bit exciting.

Your lucky to get any signing let alone an exciting one, what was you expecting? Ronaldo?
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:02 - Jan 29 with 2670 viewstrampie

There is no reason not to suspect that Alberto Paloschi will not continue scoring 1 in 3 or 1 in every 3 1/2 games as the Italian league is harder to score in than the Premier League and he has been playing for a team that is always in the bottom half.

Gomis played for a top team in France, France is not as tough a league as the Italian league and although Gomis was scoring 1 in 3 possibly a fraction better it was almost certain he would not keep up that average in the Premier League and playing for a less dominant team than his French team.

If they were both in the same environment they both could be 1 in 3 strikers, possibly 1 in 3 and a half [forgetting sub appearances for a few minutes here and there], but Paloschi was 26 only a few days ago, Gomis is 4 1/2 years older and is 31 this year.
I would guess that Gomis wages would be far far greater than Paloschi wages.

They could end up playing together with Gomis, Paloschi, Ayew and Siggy all in the same team in which case we should score goals or Gomis might move on in which case we might have a player that will score a similar amount of goals as Gomis with their transfer fees cancelling each other out [26 year old in 30 and half year old out] and possibly, probably even a huge saving on wages.

Lets see if we get to sign Paloschi, if so I wonder if we will get his signature today.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 10:06]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:12 - Jan 29 with 2634 viewsJackSomething

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:56 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

Lucky the club see things a little differently, else the likes of Sinclair, Routledge and Cork would never have been signed. None of them were pulling up trees before joining us were they?

I get that Paloschi may not be that good and people who watch Serie A will have some idea about him, but I find this rush to slate new signings a bit sad. When those posters turn out to be right (Eder), we never hear the end of it. Yet when they're wrong (Bony), they don't mention that and just move on to slag off our newest potential signing.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:19 - Jan 29 with 2609 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 09:58 - Jan 29 by lovejuicejack

Your lucky to get any signing let alone an exciting one, what was you expecting? Ronaldo?

I think our squad is good enough to stay up without new signings, so I would prefer the club not spend money on players that won't be a direct improvement on the first team.

Ronaldo would ask for too much in wages so I'll pass on him, thanks.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:22 - Jan 29 with 2579 viewsLandore_Jack

Medical today according to BBC.

#backtojack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:31 - Jan 29 with 2550 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:12 - Jan 29 by JackSomething

Lucky the club see things a little differently, else the likes of Sinclair, Routledge and Cork would never have been signed. None of them were pulling up trees before joining us were they?

I get that Paloschi may not be that good and people who watch Serie A will have some idea about him, but I find this rush to slate new signings a bit sad. When those posters turn out to be right (Eder), we never hear the end of it. Yet when they're wrong (Bony), they don't mention that and just move on to slag off our newest potential signing.

Sinclair dropped down to the Championship to play for us. Routledge joined a newly promoted side. I was a fan of Cork and he was being kept out of a strong Southampton midfield of Schneiderlin and Wanyama, both of whom were constantly linked with bigger sides.

Paloschi is a decent player in an average Serie A team, and yes Swansea are currently an average Premier League team but the bottom half over here is much stronger than anywhere on the continent (thanks, Sky) and we were 8th last year with much the same squad.

And to quote whoscored.com his weaknesses are holding the ball up and offside awareness. Based on recent Swans striking history that should set a few alarm bells ringing.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:59 - Jan 29 with 2464 viewstrampie

All transfers are a risk, but I wouldn't say he is not that good, he is a former Italian U21 international, Italians are about the best footballers in the World, he is AC Milan trained and they are historically one of the best teams in the whole of Europe, he has been playing for a struggling team in Serie A which is one of the toughest leagues in the World and scoring goals, not a huge amount of goals for a striker but a reasonable amount of goals which on paper he should repeat over here.

No guarantees particularly I would say with an Italian although they are about the best footballers you will get, they loves their mammies just like the Welsh, they love their country, their culture, their food and just like the Welsh they are tied to their mothers apron strings but he will be surrounded by Italian staff and South Wales is one area of the World where Italian people have settled .
The boyo is 26 the right age [personally] to leave what he knows and for a footballer he should be at his peak.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 11:23]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:10 - Jan 29 with 2421 viewsjasper_T

Manchester United are historically one of the best teams in the world but that doesn't make Federico Macheda any good.

"Big team pedigree" is a poor method for judging quality. Every academy produces players good and bad.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:15 - Jan 29 with 2394 viewstrampie

Playing for Italy at every level up to and including having 29 caps at U21 level does make you a very good player [whether his ability can be transferred to another country is another matter].
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 11:17]

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:18 - Jan 29 with 2373 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 22:32 - Jan 28 by hobo

Percieved by whom? Albert Hoffman?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:24 - Jan 29 with 2354 viewsDaggyjack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:19 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

I think our squad is good enough to stay up without new signings, so I would prefer the club not spend money on players that won't be a direct improvement on the first team.

Ronaldo would ask for too much in wages so I'll pass on him, thanks.

You're the only one who feels our squad is good enough.
With regards to the list, if Paloschi is worse than Vazquez, I'll be very disappointed, as he was awful.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:25 - Jan 29 with 2341 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:24 - Jan 29 by Daggyjack

You're the only one who feels our squad is good enough.
With regards to the list, if Paloschi is worse than Vazquez, I'll be very disappointed, as he was awful.

Him and Guidolin.
( And me) So hes not the only one. You are really asking for trouble when you start trying to speak for 1000s of people.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 11:28]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:29 - Jan 29 with 2316 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:15 - Jan 29 by trampie

Playing for Italy at every level up to and including having 29 caps at U21 level does make you a very good player [whether his ability can be transferred to another country is another matter].
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 11:17]

I wanted to pull up one of their squads to show how many poor players make it at that level but ended up reading their 2009 Euro U21 Championships teamsheet and it's immense.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:32 - Jan 29 with 2287 viewstrampie

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:29 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

I wanted to pull up one of their squads to show how many poor players make it at that level but ended up reading their 2009 Euro U21 Championships teamsheet and it's immense.

I'm not going to waste my time looking at u21 records but 29 appearances for Italy is immense I even wondered if it was a misprint.

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:47 - Jan 29 with 2231 viewsDaggyjack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:25 - Jan 29 by Jackanapes

Him and Guidolin.
( And me) So hes not the only one. You are really asking for trouble when you start trying to speak for 1000s of people.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2016 11:28]

Lol..."asking for trouble"...laughable!
Guidolin wanting one or two signings suggests that he feels the current squad is not good enough.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:48 - Jan 29 with 2213 viewsDaggyjack

You really want Paloschi to fail don't you?
Some supporter...
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 12:08 - Jan 29 with 2157 viewsBanosswan

I went for a nose at the squads and Nordfeldt was in the Sweden squad. Chico was in the Spain squad.

The German squad is scary, no wonder they beat England 4-0 in the final.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 12:51 - Jan 29 with 2095 viewsjasper_T

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 11:48 - Jan 29 by Daggyjack

You really want Paloschi to fail don't you?
Some supporter...

I don't want him to fail. Why do you want me to want him to fail?

It may be easier to argue against my concerns when you completely misrepresent my argument (apparently I expect us to sign Ronaldo), but that doesn't make Paloschi any more exciting a prospect.
Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 14:20 - Jan 29 with 1918 viewsskippyjack

Guidolin confirms Paloschi on his way... on 10:31 - Jan 29 by jasper_T

Sinclair dropped down to the Championship to play for us. Routledge joined a newly promoted side. I was a fan of Cork and he was being kept out of a strong Southampton midfield of Schneiderlin and Wanyama, both of whom were constantly linked with bigger sides.

Paloschi is a decent player in an average Serie A team, and yes Swansea are currently an average Premier League team but the bottom half over here is much stronger than anywhere on the continent (thanks, Sky) and we were 8th last year with much the same squad.

And to quote whoscored.com his weaknesses are holding the ball up and offside awareness. Based on recent Swans striking history that should set a few alarm bells ringing.

"Paloschi is a decent player in an average Serie A team, and yes Swansea are currently an average Premier League team but the bottom half over here is much stronger than anywhere on the continent (thanks, Sky) and we were 8th last year with much the same squad.

And to quote whoscored.com his weaknesses are holding the ball up and offside awareness. Based on recent Swans striking history that should set a few alarm bells ringing."

You see this jasper.. it's incorrect, you have completely missed the independent variables and correlation analysis of Gomis and Paloschi's offside's perception..

Paloschi - 26
Gomis - 35

The difference? Gomis has been offside 21 times while coming back from an offside position.
Paloschi has been offside 6 times while coming back from an offside position.

Gomis = 60%
Paloschi = 23%

The Italian League and style is known for playing the offside game.. Filippo Inzaghi, one of the Italian greats.. always played on the edge.. couldn't hold it up to save his life.. but he was deadly with that offside line..

Adrian Mutu
Andriy Shevchenko
Hernan Crespo
Antonio Di Natale
Mauro Icardi
Jose Callejon
Michael Owen
Jermaine Defoe

Have you been watching Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez this season?..

Snipers of the game.. Gomis has been a lazy lumbering tw*t.. that's why he's offside.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024