Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shared access and right of way. 20:01 - Mar 14 with 4097 viewsmorningstar

Does anyone know anything about this?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Shared access and right of way. on 20:01 - Mar 14 with 2341 viewsItchySphincter

Expensive.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Shared access and right of way. on 20:04 - Mar 14 with 2334 viewsjunior_jack

I've taken advice from this website in the past;

http://www.boundary-problems.co.uk/boundary-problems/openplan.html
Shared access and right of way. on 20:04 - Mar 14 with 2331 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 20:01 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

Expensive.

You haven't asked what the issue is yet????

Shared access and right of way. on 20:05 - Mar 14 with 2321 viewsJackfath

Shared access and right of way. on 20:04 - Mar 14 by morningstar

Can I ask what the issue is?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shared access and right of way. on 20:14 - Mar 14 with 2302 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 20:05 - Mar 14 by Jackfath

Can I ask what the issue is?

You may. We've had an offer for a property accepted. It's an Old Brewery divided into two houses. Ours is too the rear where there is a large garden with various fruit trees and double garage that has planning to convert in to an annexe.
However, The front property has no garden. The only outside land that belongs to it it is the driveway that leads to our property! The vendor tells us that everything is nicey nicey with the neighbours, but could this be an issue in the future?

Edit: I'm starting to feel quite silly now as I honestly think it's a major issue! As if there was no 'shared drive' it would certainly be valued much higher than it is!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 20:16]

Shared access and right of way. on 20:16 - Mar 14 with 2292 viewsblueytheblue

Well, the vendor would be in trouble legally if they neglected to inform of any known issues.

Best advice I can give is sadly not legal; just play nice with the neighbours. Not necessarily be best buddies but be on good terms. Don't take the p*ss with that driveway and things should be ok - and inexpensive as oposed to the legal route.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Shared access and right of way. on 20:22 - Mar 14 with 2274 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 20:16 - Mar 14 by blueytheblue

Well, the vendor would be in trouble legally if they neglected to inform of any known issues.

Best advice I can give is sadly not legal; just play nice with the neighbours. Not necessarily be best buddies but be on good terms. Don't take the p*ss with that driveway and things should be ok - and inexpensive as oposed to the legal route.

Don't think it's as easy as that bluey. The driveway outside their house is their land. Currently the park their car on the street. If the house was sold what's to stop the newbies parking in the drive and denying us access to our property? Could mean expensive litigation which I could not afford and could also lose!

Shared access and right of way. on 20:24 - Mar 14 with 2270 viewsmonmouth

Don't touch with a bargepole unless you have legal protections. Otherwise what's to stop current or future neighbours charging you rent to get into your own house? Also make sure maintenance is covered. Think of when you come to sell. You need it tied up tighter than a nun's chuff.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Shared access and right of way. on 20:27 - Mar 14 with 2263 viewsJackfath

I've sent a PM

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Shared access and right of way. on 20:28 - Mar 14 with 2255 viewsItchySphincter

Shared access and right of way. on 20:04 - Mar 14 by morningstar

If there's an issue it will be expensive.

Shared access and right of way. on 20:32 - Mar 14 with 2246 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 20:24 - Mar 14 by monmouth

Don't touch with a bargepole unless you have legal protections. Otherwise what's to stop current or future neighbours charging you rent to get into your own house? Also make sure maintenance is covered. Think of when you come to sell. You need it tied up tighter than a nun's chuff.

That's what I'm thinking Mon. Shame as it means we could be mortgage free in a little Oasis. Guess there's always a catch though! Agh well, the search goes on.

Shared access and right of way. on 20:32 - Mar 14 with 2241 viewsItchySphincter

Shared access and right of way. on 20:22 - Mar 14 by morningstar

Don't think it's as easy as that bluey. The driveway outside their house is their land. Currently the park their car on the street. If the house was sold what's to stop the newbies parking in the drive and denying us access to our property? Could mean expensive litigation which I could not afford and could also lose!

Even if you don't have right of way you will probably have access. Just get your conveyancing solicitor to look at it, any issues will jump out at him. Cheaper to sort now than as a separate issue in the future.

Shared access and right of way. on 20:43 - Mar 14 with 2216 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 20:32 - Mar 14 by ItchySphincter

Even if you don't have right of way you will probably have access. Just get your conveyancing solicitor to look at it, any issues will jump out at him. Cheaper to sort now than as a separate issue in the future.

Thanks Itch. But i think best left alone. We could come home one day to find a car in the drive meaning we couldn't get to our property. What we could we do? We couldn't call the police as it's a civil matter. And that's where it' gets expensive. Also selling would be for sh!t if buyers needed a mortgage. Leave alone I think.

Shared access and right of way. on 21:13 - Mar 14 with 2162 viewsLoyal

Shared access and right of way. on 20:43 - Mar 14 by morningstar

Thanks Itch. But i think best left alone. We could come home one day to find a car in the drive meaning we couldn't get to our property. What we could we do? We couldn't call the police as it's a civil matter. And that's where it' gets expensive. Also selling would be for sh!t if buyers needed a mortgage. Leave alone I think.

Have you done a right of way search via land registry, they usually have aLl the details sorted already as this won't be the first time it's been an issue.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Shared access and right of way. on 21:19 - Mar 14 with 2149 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 21:13 - Mar 14 by Loyal

Have you done a right of way search via land registry, they usually have aLl the details sorted already as this won't be the first time it's been an issue.

I will do it. But I'm just not sure how things work if agreements or legalities break down. As Mon said, it would have to be seriously water tight.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 21:26]

Shared access and right of way. on 21:27 - Mar 14 with 2135 viewsjack247

Gary, others have already said it but that's a potential minefield mate. Your biggest problem is likely to be trying to sell it in the future.

In the shorter term, make sure you have some kind of legal right to access your house, because if it does go wrong with the neighbours, it sounds like they could pretty much do whatever they want.
Shared access and right of way. on 21:45 - Mar 14 with 2115 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 21:27 - Mar 14 by jack247

Gary, others have already said it but that's a potential minefield mate. Your biggest problem is likely to be trying to sell it in the future.

In the shorter term, make sure you have some kind of legal right to access your house, because if it does go wrong with the neighbours, it sounds like they could pretty much do whatever they want.

That's what i'm thinking Tim. Ill look into the legal stuff, but a house like this should really be on the market for a hell of a lot more than what it is.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/39680313?search_identifier=2a4ccd2f61ca

You can see in the first picture where the problem lies. The driveway to our house would have to go through the house in fronts driveway which is accessed by a gate to the two properties. If they decided to park their car in that drive then we wouldn't be able to get in!

Shared access and right of way. on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 2053 viewsBanosswan

Shared access and right of way. on 21:45 - Mar 14 by morningstar

That's what i'm thinking Tim. Ill look into the legal stuff, but a house like this should really be on the market for a hell of a lot more than what it is.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/39680313?search_identifier=2a4ccd2f61ca

You can see in the first picture where the problem lies. The driveway to our house would have to go through the house in fronts driveway which is accessed by a gate to the two properties. If they decided to park their car in that drive then we wouldn't be able to get in!

Speak to other neighbours. It looks like they have rear access through that lane and may know more about what's going on.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Shared access and right of way. on 22:19 - Mar 14 with 2052 viewsDarran

Shared access and right of way. on 21:45 - Mar 14 by morningstar

How the f*ck are you gonna fit in that bath?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shared access and right of way. on 22:30 - Mar 14 with 2030 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 22:19 - Mar 14 by Darran

How the f*ck are you gonna fit in that bath?

Well ye, but you know. We have talked about this and the double garage does have a pit that could be converted if need be. It's not a major Dar.

Shared access and right of way. on 22:33 - Mar 14 with 2025 viewsDarran

Shared access and right of way. on 22:30 - Mar 14 by morningstar

Well ye, but you know. We have talked about this and the double garage does have a pit that could be converted if need be. It's not a major Dar.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Shared access and right of way. on 22:34 - Mar 14 with 2025 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 22:18 - Mar 14 by Banosswan

Speak to other neighbours. It looks like they have rear access through that lane and may know more about what's going on.

No the rest of the 'lane' is our driveway/property but they could block access completely if they parked in front which is their property.

There are no other neighbours.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2016 22:35]

Shared access and right of way. on 22:56 - Mar 14 with 1999 viewsSwanseajill

Shared access and right of way. on 22:34 - Mar 14 by morningstar

No the rest of the 'lane' is our driveway/property but they could block access completely if they parked in front which is their property.

Shame about shared driveway Gar, it looks tidy mun.
Same postcode as me, you should have warned me.😝
Shared access and right of way. on 23:11 - Mar 14 with 1983 viewsmorningstar

Shared access and right of way. on 22:56 - Mar 14 by Swanseajill

Shame about shared driveway Gar, it looks tidy mun.
Same postcode as me, you should have warned me.😝

We're already the same postcode Lor!

Shared access and right of way. on 23:21 - Mar 14 with 1972 viewsBanosswan

Shared access and right of way. on 22:34 - Mar 14 by morningstar

How does the detached house next door access the back of their house?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024