Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Those booing Hull pass it round it back 15:08 - Aug 21 with 3137 viewstherealme

That was their plan, to frustrate the crowd, they mugged you off! They got what they came for which was a point, and some more!

Maybe if we kept Paloschi and didn't replace him with a slow old man, they wouldn't have been able to pass it around so easily

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 15:12 - Aug 21 with 3119 viewsjack247

I liked Paloschi, great work ethic and football intelligence, but I'm pretty confident Llorente will prove to be a far better player. I thought he did well last week. Don't know a lot about Baston and you can't really rely on price tag or reputation, but both of those indicate he will be a step up too.
Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 15:18 - Aug 21 with 3104 viewsjojaca

We struggle to break teams down when the onus is on us to take the game to teams. We used to bore teams into submission with our tika taka possession under Rodgers, but our style now is just your ordinary run of the mill team, where the likes Hull can easily cope with.

Even when you know, you never know?

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 18:31 - Aug 21 with 2891 viewsSkewenMitch

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 15:18 - Aug 21 by jojaca

We struggle to break teams down when the onus is on us to take the game to teams. We used to bore teams into submission with our tika taka possession under Rodgers, but our style now is just your ordinary run of the mill team, where the likes Hull can easily cope with.

Burnley did the same to Liverpool yesterday 19% possesion 2 banks of 4 defending and won 2 nil. Is there any difference?
Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 18:55 - Aug 21 with 2833 viewsmonmouth

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 18:31 - Aug 21 by SkewenMitch

Burnley did the same to Liverpool yesterday 19% possesion 2 banks of 4 defending and won 2 nil. Is there any difference?

Yes. Liverpool losing was funny.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 01:54 - Aug 22 with 2568 viewsJack123

I admit I shouted and booed, their goalie wound me up time wasting straight away, every opportunity, and then with the throw in's as well.. Maybe it's my biased hat on, but I think they are total shit! And how they bummed 3 points off us, I'm still confused.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 1:55]

libera nos a malo

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 06:52 - Aug 22 with 2522 viewsSwaneeRiver

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 01:54 - Aug 22 by Jack123

I admit I shouted and booed, their goalie wound me up time wasting straight away, every opportunity, and then with the throw in's as well.. Maybe it's my biased hat on, but I think they are total shit! And how they bummed 3 points off us, I'm still confused.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 1:55]

They are a poor side who will frustrate teams and supporters, waste time, put eleven in their own half when need be, then deliver the sucker punch given the opportunity.
They don't generally the luxury of a large squad that most teams have, yet will do everything they can to stay up.
We won't be the last to lose a point or three to them.
It's up to teams to find a way through. We didn't and it was frustrating for all of us looking on, but the meltdown on here and at the stadium on Saturday is laughable.
We could go to Leicester next week and beat them - do you think they'd be booed off and have some idiots calling for Ranieri's head ? Not a chance
Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 07:47 - Aug 22 with 2482 viewsHeadmaster

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 06:52 - Aug 22 by SwaneeRiver

They are a poor side who will frustrate teams and supporters, waste time, put eleven in their own half when need be, then deliver the sucker punch given the opportunity.
They don't generally the luxury of a large squad that most teams have, yet will do everything they can to stay up.
We won't be the last to lose a point or three to them.
It's up to teams to find a way through. We didn't and it was frustrating for all of us looking on, but the meltdown on here and at the stadium on Saturday is laughable.
We could go to Leicester next week and beat them - do you think they'd be booed off and have some idiots calling for Ranieri's head ? Not a chance

I agree, Hull will be difficult to break down this season even though they're a sh!t team without a manager and with only 13 fit players. If we have any hope of a top 10 finish we need to be beating teams like them. But on your last point: the difference is Leicester won the title last season, whereas we still can't even defend from f*cking set pieces.

I know there is overreaction, but some of the criticism is justified. 3 shots on target is simply not good enough. And yet we can't criticise that or we're somehow being negative ninnies. But it's all good, at least the players *tried* to win. Give me a break.

Llorente needs to improve quick. Baston hopefully can get fit soon. Again, a defender and a creative midfielder is all we need I reckon.
Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 09:07 - Aug 22 with 2412 viewsSwaneeRiver

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 07:47 - Aug 22 by Headmaster

I agree, Hull will be difficult to break down this season even though they're a sh!t team without a manager and with only 13 fit players. If we have any hope of a top 10 finish we need to be beating teams like them. But on your last point: the difference is Leicester won the title last season, whereas we still can't even defend from f*cking set pieces.

I know there is overreaction, but some of the criticism is justified. 3 shots on target is simply not good enough. And yet we can't criticise that or we're somehow being negative ninnies. But it's all good, at least the players *tried* to win. Give me a break.

Llorente needs to improve quick. Baston hopefully can get fit soon. Again, a defender and a creative midfielder is all we need I reckon.

"the difference is Leicester won the title last season"
So, by your definition, Leicester fans should have been chomping at the bit and angry as f@@k after losing to them last week.
They are starting from a much higher expectation stand point and have a fairly settled side, where as we are a team who survived relegation last year and are in the process of rebuilding.
I like all of us was disappointed at our lack of efforts on goal and giving away the two goals, but to listen to some and the childish booing on Saturday, you'd swear we'd been relegated
Login to get fewer ads

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 09:46 - Aug 22 with 2358 viewsmonmouth

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 09:07 - Aug 22 by SwaneeRiver

So, by your definition, Leicester fans should have been chomping at the bit and angry as f@@k after losing to them last week.
They are starting from a much higher expectation stand point and have a fairly settled side, where as we are a team who survived relegation last year and are in the process of rebuilding.
I like all of us was disappointed at our lack of efforts on goal and giving away the two goals, but to listen to some and the childish booing on Saturday, you'd swear we'd been relegated

Booing Hull was fine, booing us was ridiculous. Probably the difference between hope (rather than expectation) and reality. I was bitterly disappointed but booing never entered my head.

It's not like it's the first time a park the bus team has done a job on us after all, nor the first time we've played poorly and run out of ideas. They defended brilliantly and got the bounces. The entire match hinged on Siggy's shot for me. Then there would have been the opposite ridiculous over-reaction probably...top 6 etc. Fine margins.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 9:49]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 09:47 - Aug 22 with 2357 viewsHeadmaster

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 09:07 - Aug 22 by SwaneeRiver

"So, by your definition, Leicester fans should have been chomping at the bit and angry as f@@k after losing to them last week."

No, I did not say that. But they should be able to criticise their team and press for good performances across the whole 90 minutes, instead of just the first 45, which was the case with us. As long as the criticism is constructive, of course, much of which hasn't been.

"They are starting from a much higher expectation stand point and have a fairly settled side, where as we are a team who survived relegation last year and are in the process of rebuilding"

But that's exactly my point. The difference is Leicester had the quality to win the league and we did not. We need to seriously improve if we are to beat teams like Hull and other relegation favourites. I was not that convinced by our performance against Burnley either, but it's only the second game of the season, so there is time.
Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 09:48 - Aug 22 with 2355 viewsPrivate_Partz

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 18:31 - Aug 21 by SkewenMitch

Exactly. That was a bigger mugging that we experienced. It is going to happen time and time again to all teams throughout the season. Had our wingers been more effective one to one, or had we taken one of our chances early on, we would have hailed it as great tactics.
Yes, we could be in for a long struggle this season but I see no evidence of it yet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 2247 viewsandypitt56

Think it is harsh if people are saying llorente had a poor game,have to remember its only the second time they have played 90 mins, and its obvious hes not match fit. he looked good in the first half. What he was lacking was a decent cross into the box. the couple of times that happened he got a decent header . Okay one of them probably should have scored. Imo he just didnt have the service. I still think he will come good when we start to work to his strengths.
Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 17:11 - Aug 22 with 2116 viewsSwaneeRiver

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 12:13 - Aug 22 by andypitt56

Think it is harsh if people are saying llorente had a poor game,have to remember its only the second time they have played 90 mins, and its obvious hes not match fit. he looked good in the first half. What he was lacking was a decent cross into the box. the couple of times that happened he got a decent header . Okay one of them probably should have scored. Imo he just didnt have the service. I still think he will come good when we start to work to his strengths.

Correct. Don't think we had one offside against us (mind you that's not too hard against a side that virtually played the whole match in or around their 18 yard box).
Llorente looks much more promising than Gomis did for most of lthe games he played in.
Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 20:12 - Aug 22 with 2050 viewsclloy2

Those booing Hull pass it round it back on 17:11 - Aug 22 by SwaneeRiver

Correct. Don't think we had one offside against us (mind you that's not too hard against a side that virtually played the whole match in or around their 18 yard box).
Llorente looks much more promising than Gomis did for most of lthe games he played in.

Bottom line is, that against these poor sides that come to frustrate and play for a point, even on our worst days, when nothing goes for us, worst case we end up with a 0-0 and take a point. Towards the end of the second half, we lost our shape, Fernadez in their half more than ours, and we switched off, lulled into a false sense of security that Hull wont score, their only here for a point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024