Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will we win in the league 17:18 - Sep 3 with 10932 viewsinthenet

I think we will really struggle in the league this season and I can't honestly see us getting a win until the new year....we really need a left back , centre back good organiser and tackler in midfield along with a proven scorer on loan if only for 3 months.
In other words shocking planning over pre-season.

Rastrickblue

When will we win in the league on 10:56 - Sep 4 with 3060 viewsfitzochris

When will we win in the league on 10:50 - Sep 4 by boromat

Hopefully a few players get a chance Tuesday and grab it with both hands. I'm thinking Tanser, Hooper and even Camps who has been out of favour.

Hooper. Hmmm.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

When will we win in the league on 11:09 - Sep 4 with 3028 viewsD_Alien

When will we win in the league on 10:54 - Sep 4 by TalkingSutty

It might re-ignite Hills fire, hopefully.

The trouble is, how much face is he prepared to lose with his players by changing things away from what he's been trying to impress upon them during the pre-season, which imo has been a waste and put us on the back foot.

If your manager at work comes along and says, right, we've been getting it wrong and need a Plan B, what would anyone think? He talks about players being brave, but he's the one who needs to be brave. As long as we start picking up points, ultimately it'll be forgotten, or a case of "Hilly's turned it around". Fair enough, but if he deserves plaudits for his achievements then the reverse applies too.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2016 11:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

When will we win in the league on 11:17 - Sep 4 with 2993 viewsYorkshire_Dale

When will we win in the league on 09:17 - Sep 4 by 1907

I was referring to the actual thread title of when will we win in the league, nothing manager related

We are not allowed any EXPECTATION to win ANY match......so we are told.
When will we win in the league on 11:32 - Sep 4 with 2947 viewsTVOS1907

When will we win in the league on 11:17 - Sep 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

We are not allowed any EXPECTATION to win ANY match......so we are told.

Really? By who?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

When will we win in the league on 13:06 - Sep 4 with 2813 viewsboromat

When will we win in the league on 10:56 - Sep 4 by fitzochris

Hooper. Hmmm.

I know a forgotten man. This year he should be making the appearances Cannon was last year if he's going to make it.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

When will we win in the league on 14:49 - Sep 4 with 2726 viewsolympicdale

This board is always more entertaining during a poor spell, its barely September, the season is only just started. I've seen teams bottom in December and still go up, the team isn't playing badly, just seems to be that the fine margins aren't dropping our way yet. We cant bring anyone in until January, so we're stuck with what we have.

I agree it was incredibly short sighted of Hill, not to bring in better quality in the final third, but we are were we are. Hill needs to stop overcomplicating the team, get back to basics, two up front, be it Hendo with Davies or Andrew, and Donal and NML out wide. It's a long season, perhaps we're getting our April slump in early this season.

Life is a game of fate.

When will we win in the league on 15:37 - Sep 4 with 2665 views49thseason

When will we win in the league on 14:49 - Sep 4 by olympicdale

This board is always more entertaining during a poor spell, its barely September, the season is only just started. I've seen teams bottom in December and still go up, the team isn't playing badly, just seems to be that the fine margins aren't dropping our way yet. We cant bring anyone in until January, so we're stuck with what we have.

I agree it was incredibly short sighted of Hill, not to bring in better quality in the final third, but we are were we are. Hill needs to stop overcomplicating the team, get back to basics, two up front, be it Hendo with Davies or Andrew, and Donal and NML out wide. It's a long season, perhaps we're getting our April slump in early this season.

You can hardly call it short sighted if the players KH might have wanted to sign
a) Didn't want to sign for Rochdale
b) Were unaffordable within our wage structure and budgets
c) Needed a transfer fee we could not match

You can blame the board for not providing the required funds, you can blame supporters for not turning up, you can blame the fact that rafc is not a particularly exciting destination but I have no doubt that if he had been give a few million pounds to play with he would have signed some better players. He wasn't, he couldn't, he didn't.
When will we win in the league on 01:09 - Sep 5 with 2505 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 15:37 - Sep 4 by 49thseason

You can hardly call it short sighted if the players KH might have wanted to sign
a) Didn't want to sign for Rochdale
b) Were unaffordable within our wage structure and budgets
c) Needed a transfer fee we could not match

You can blame the board for not providing the required funds, you can blame supporters for not turning up, you can blame the fact that rafc is not a particularly exciting destination but I have no doubt that if he had been give a few million pounds to play with he would have signed some better players. He wasn't, he couldn't, he didn't.

So you can't blame Hill for anything then, but point the finger at everybody else? Fair enough.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 8:33]
Login to get fewer ads

When will we win in the league on 09:53 - Sep 5 with 2391 viewsParkinsGimp

I wish I had your confidence in the Chairman and the Directors TalkingSutty. But alas I do not. Dunphy needs to grow a pair, for a start he should of man-handled that buffoon Rawlinson out of the door last week. But I bet he dare not say a word to Hill either.
I am wondering a little deeper into a conspiracy , perhaps both Hill and the board want to go down and start again, with lower expectations. It seems so with signings like Caravan, Keen , Davies , JT , RNL etc . Maybe its a " I am the boss and you lot can shut the feck up!" I will show you because I am untouchable at the Dale. If he wants to go elsewhere , he may need to learn that he will have more than a few moaners on his back in the main stand. This is something he cannot deal with and as a football manager its something you have to deal with. Meanwhile we as supporters and left to suffer.
When will we win in the league on 10:30 - Sep 5 with 2356 views49thseason

When will we win in the league on 01:09 - Sep 5 by TalkingSutty

So you can't blame Hill for anything then, but point the finger at everybody else? Fair enough.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 8:33]

Hill is indeed the Manager, in every sense of the word, he manages with the resources he is given to him by the Board of Directors who have a legal responsibility to run the Limited Company as a going concern. Like most other businesses, there is a price to be paid if the product does not stand up to the competition, especially when the competitor has greater resources to deploy.
It's not as if RAFC is a new club seeking to impress a new audience, for over 100 years it has been one of the worst-performing clubs in football league history, the audience has lost patience. The Directors are now attempting to prevent the ship from sinking and presumably have a plan which unfortunately means the Manager is unable to spend what he might want to spend or have to spend to bring the resources he would like into the club. This is probably the ultimate test of his ability but it won't be his fault if, in the final analysis, the resources available are not equal to the competitive challenge.
Call it finger pointing if you like, for me, it's simply the facts of life. No money equals no success, welcome to the Football League.
If not this, then what?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 10:32]
When will we win in the league on 10:53 - Sep 5 with 2320 viewsD_Alien

When will we win in the league on 10:30 - Sep 5 by 49thseason

Hill is indeed the Manager, in every sense of the word, he manages with the resources he is given to him by the Board of Directors who have a legal responsibility to run the Limited Company as a going concern. Like most other businesses, there is a price to be paid if the product does not stand up to the competition, especially when the competitor has greater resources to deploy.
It's not as if RAFC is a new club seeking to impress a new audience, for over 100 years it has been one of the worst-performing clubs in football league history, the audience has lost patience. The Directors are now attempting to prevent the ship from sinking and presumably have a plan which unfortunately means the Manager is unable to spend what he might want to spend or have to spend to bring the resources he would like into the club. This is probably the ultimate test of his ability but it won't be his fault if, in the final analysis, the resources available are not equal to the competitive challenge.
Call it finger pointing if you like, for me, it's simply the facts of life. No money equals no success, welcome to the Football League.
If not this, then what?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 10:32]

From the perspective of a widget-factory, that'd make some sense.

Hill says he is satisfied the resources he has at his disposal are competitive in League One. It's a matter of deployment, and to some extent luck, with injuries and form. That's why there's a call to get back to basics - to simplify things on the pitch.

[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 10:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

When will we win in the league on 11:11 - Sep 5 with 2293 viewsTVOS1907

When will we win in the league on 09:53 - Sep 5 by ParkinsGimp

I wish I had your confidence in the Chairman and the Directors TalkingSutty. But alas I do not. Dunphy needs to grow a pair, for a start he should of man-handled that buffoon Rawlinson out of the door last week. But I bet he dare not say a word to Hill either.
I am wondering a little deeper into a conspiracy , perhaps both Hill and the board want to go down and start again, with lower expectations. It seems so with signings like Caravan, Keen , Davies , JT , RNL etc . Maybe its a " I am the boss and you lot can shut the feck up!" I will show you because I am untouchable at the Dale. If he wants to go elsewhere , he may need to learn that he will have more than a few moaners on his back in the main stand. This is something he cannot deal with and as a football manager its something you have to deal with. Meanwhile we as supporters and left to suffer.

So which players would you have brought in with our attendance and budgetary restrictions?

By the way, Akpa Akpro, Widdowson, Lancashire, Vincenti - all brought in from sides who were relegated to the Conference.

Mendez-Lang - double figures for goals last season ("He came from Cambridge FFS")

Yes, things aren't good at the moment and recruitment has been questionable, but instead of ranting the same old nonsense, try to come out with some constructive comments.

When will we win in the league on 11:41 - Sep 5 with 2259 viewsnordenblue

Order me half a pint of whatever you've been supping...
When will we win in the league on 12:28 - Sep 5 with 2219 viewsTalkingSutty

Well when it comes to the 'love of the Club' I am firmly on the side of the Chairman and the Directors. They might make a pigs ear of things from time to time but they haven't volunteered to take on the role for the good of their health have they?

The manager is a different kettle of fish, he does the job because we pay him, if we didn't he would walk out. Not knocking Hill for that but this is just a job to him and he will always be on the look out for a better opportunity with greater financial rewards. Very high maintenance is Hill but he owes us bugger all.

Your theory about the powers that be wanting us to drop down a league is a non starter in my mind. The handouts for being in League One plus the income from larger away support makes it very important to stay in this league. There are no expectation neither, that needs putting to bed because I think Hill uses it as a excuse, it's his mantra. There's plenty of dreaming and hoping but without that what's the point in going to the match?
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 12:33]
When will we win in the league on 12:50 - Sep 5 with 2179 viewsfitzochris

When will we win in the league on 12:28 - Sep 5 by TalkingSutty

Well when it comes to the 'love of the Club' I am firmly on the side of the Chairman and the Directors. They might make a pigs ear of things from time to time but they haven't volunteered to take on the role for the good of their health have they?

The manager is a different kettle of fish, he does the job because we pay him, if we didn't he would walk out. Not knocking Hill for that but this is just a job to him and he will always be on the look out for a better opportunity with greater financial rewards. Very high maintenance is Hill but he owes us bugger all.

Your theory about the powers that be wanting us to drop down a league is a non starter in my mind. The handouts for being in League One plus the income from larger away support makes it very important to stay in this league. There are no expectation neither, that needs putting to bed because I think Hill uses it as a excuse, it's his mantra. There's plenty of dreaming and hoping but without that what's the point in going to the match?

I’m with you on that one. The chairman and directors (whatever their faults) are Dale fans. There are fewer and fewer clubs that can claim their board are supporters these days.

As for Hill, his level of achievement here will be a major reference point in the club’s history forever more. I won’t say his achievements are unsurpassable, because nobody knows what the future holds, but what he has achieved since he stepped up as manager (and came back) is incredible. While not a supporter, he probably does have a soft spot for the club. You can’t spend nearly 10 years in a job and not develop some emotional attachment to your place of work.

But yes. He’s ultimately in it for himself. Like the players. They have to be. Their collective aim to be successful benefits us, of course, but not one of them would hesitate to leave us for a better offer. They cannot be blamed for that.

You do have to wonder about Hill, though. He knows he’s unsackable here. For me, that removes a certain edge. A certain pressure. A healthy pressure. I often wonder if he’s bored. If he believes he should be somewhere else. If so, I wonder if that translates to the players. These are questions you would never get an honest answer to while he’s still at the club, of course.

I don’t for one minute believe he’s deliberately trying to sabotage the club back into League Two, as has been suggested. That would only damage his own stock for starters. His professionalism with regards to getting a team organised to win games is not in doubt, but questioning his mentality is, at this point, only natural.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

When will we win in the league on 13:00 - Sep 5 with 2049 viewsupthedale

When will we win in the league on 12:50 - Sep 5 by fitzochris

I’m with you on that one. The chairman and directors (whatever their faults) are Dale fans. There are fewer and fewer clubs that can claim their board are supporters these days.

As for Hill, his level of achievement here will be a major reference point in the club’s history forever more. I won’t say his achievements are unsurpassable, because nobody knows what the future holds, but what he has achieved since he stepped up as manager (and came back) is incredible. While not a supporter, he probably does have a soft spot for the club. You can’t spend nearly 10 years in a job and not develop some emotional attachment to your place of work.

But yes. He’s ultimately in it for himself. Like the players. They have to be. Their collective aim to be successful benefits us, of course, but not one of them would hesitate to leave us for a better offer. They cannot be blamed for that.

You do have to wonder about Hill, though. He knows he’s unsackable here. For me, that removes a certain edge. A certain pressure. A healthy pressure. I often wonder if he’s bored. If he believes he should be somewhere else. If so, I wonder if that translates to the players. These are questions you would never get an honest answer to while he’s still at the club, of course.

I don’t for one minute believe he’s deliberately trying to sabotage the club back into League Two, as has been suggested. That would only damage his own stock for starters. His professionalism with regards to getting a team organised to win games is not in doubt, but questioning his mentality is, at this point, only natural.

Great post. I have wondered whether there's an element of boredom. Of course he's not trying to sabotage the club back into League Two - as you say a relegation wouldn't look great on his cv!
When will we win in the league on 13:18 - Sep 5 with 2023 viewsolympicdale

When will we win in the league on 23:20 - Sep 3 by Shun

I'd agree with this. The fact we haven't lost by more than one goal and we've only conceded 8 in 6 hints more that our problems lie in scoring goals rather than conceding them. We're creating the chances, plenty of them - we just aren't putting them away and, truthfully, not really looking like doing either. I think if we solve the problem up front then the problems at the back won't look anywhere near as alarming.

Strikers win games, defenders win titles, unfortunately we aren't striking enough to win any games, every game is the same, plenty of chances created but no cutting edge to take advantage, and the longer it goes on, knowing that the opposition will most likely nick it.

We are a team that is one good striker away from pushing the top of this league,which makes it all the more frustrating when we see chance after chance wasted. We need the strikers to start taking pressure off the defence, once the goals do come it will give the back 4 more confidence the longer the game goes on.

Life is a game of fate.

When will we win in the league on 13:20 - Sep 5 with 2020 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 12:50 - Sep 5 by fitzochris

.....and that's what I've been suggesting over the last month. I honestly think that Hill is bored and that could be responsible for him tinkering around with the team at times, playing people out of position etc.

It's like he's testing himself against everybody else at times rather than plumping for the obvious,which leads to confusion. Glad I'm not the only one who is wondering about the boredom factor, that's what I was getting at when I mentioned his 'Mojo' at the start of the Season.
When will we win in the league on 13:31 - Sep 5 with 1993 viewsTVOS1907

When will we win in the league on 13:18 - Sep 5 by olympicdale

Strikers win games, defenders win titles, unfortunately we aren't striking enough to win any games, every game is the same, plenty of chances created but no cutting edge to take advantage, and the longer it goes on, knowing that the opposition will most likely nick it.

We are a team that is one good striker away from pushing the top of this league,which makes it all the more frustrating when we see chance after chance wasted. We need the strikers to start taking pressure off the defence, once the goals do come it will give the back 4 more confidence the longer the game goes on.

Have you seen every game?

I have and they have been far from the same.

When will we win in the league on 14:31 - Sep 5 with 1932 viewsBigDaveMyCock

When will we win in the league on 12:28 - Sep 5 by TalkingSutty

'Firmly on the side of the Directors'

You were offering one out last week?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

When will we win in the league on 16:38 - Sep 5 with 1835 viewsTalkingSutty

When will we win in the league on 14:31 - Sep 5 by BigDaveMyCock

'Firmly on the side of the Directors'

You were offering one out last week?

So, we have a Club Director verbally abusing supporters at the last home match, so much so that the Chairman as to issue a statement regarding the incident. Rawlinson himself apologises. That was all his own work and nothing to do with me. He represents the Club though,so fans are entitled to comment and plenty did.

Now we have you who we all know is a friend ( they don't like you really) of one of the Directors and his hanger on mates, coming onto the Supporters forum making allegations against one of the forum posters (me) in an attempt to stop me posting. I can go a bit more public with all of this if necessary and start naming names if you want?

Full marks to you in your efforts to deter fans from criticising anybody connected to the Club now please produce the evidence to the forum for them all to judge before you scurry off back to the Organ Grinders and their Director friend in order to plot your next attempt. Before you go...you've got something on the end of your nose!!
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 16:40]
When will we win in the league on 18:04 - Sep 5 with 1742 viewsBigDaveMyCock

When will we win in the league on 16:38 - Sep 5 by TalkingSutty

So, we have a Club Director verbally abusing supporters at the last home match, so much so that the Chairman as to issue a statement regarding the incident. Rawlinson himself apologises. That was all his own work and nothing to do with me. He represents the Club though,so fans are entitled to comment and plenty did.

Now we have you who we all know is a friend ( they don't like you really) of one of the Directors and his hanger on mates, coming onto the Supporters forum making allegations against one of the forum posters (me) in an attempt to stop me posting. I can go a bit more public with all of this if necessary and start naming names if you want?

Full marks to you in your efforts to deter fans from criticising anybody connected to the Club now please produce the evidence to the forum for them all to judge before you scurry off back to the Organ Grinders and their Director friend in order to plot your next attempt. Before you go...you've got something on the end of your nose!!

You've gone and got yourself all hysterical again TS. I have never even met this Director. Also, what allegations am I making about you and why am I trying to stop you posting?

I made a simple observation that you support the Directors but you your view was very different last week. There's no conspiracy TS and it doesn't go right to top. You posted it!!

When will we win in the league on 19:21 - Sep 5 with 1637 viewsWill_RAFC

Hill will turn this start around. It feels like we have massively shot ourselves in the foot though with very poor transfer dealings over the summer that was always going to hinder us improving/matching last seasons achievements. The season ticket fiasco has surely affected the playing budget.
When will we win in the league on 20:19 - Sep 5 with 1548 viewsBigDaveMyCock

When will we win in the league on 16:38 - Sep 5 by TalkingSutty

I must admit I'm intrigued as to all of this bold talk of conspiracy. Let's hear you then and please feel free to name names as threatened.

When will we win in the league on 20:33 - Sep 5 with 1514 viewsmoth5368

You're flogging a dead horse, he never answers questions.
Sorry, this is to TVOS asking gimp to justify his statements.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2016 20:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024