Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? 05:10 - Sep 18 with 5716 viewsLoyal

He clearly doesn't have a development policy nor a transfer strategy, that's what the club do. So that leaves us with his tactical ability, motivation and coaching as we see it on a matchday.

For me he is tactically niave at times but does display an ability to change thugs quickly when they are going wrong. I like him as a person from what I can gauge, and enjoy his increased understanding of English. I think he is average but average this season may well be best for us all round.

Will he last the season ?
I would say not.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 06:25 - Sep 18 with 2586 viewsJethroJack

We only have one THUG in the squad, that Leroy Fer, he keeps fouling England centre halves who can't control the ball....and after robbing the ball unfairly, he then has the cheek to go on and scuff the ball into the net.
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:12 - Sep 18 with 2485 viewsQuincy999

I find the nervous energy he displays a little off putting. I believe a manager should have a calming influence on the team and deliver clear instructions when needed. I can't see how he does that. He wouldn't motivate me. It wouldn't suprise me if the team didn't listen to him that much.
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:21 - Sep 18 with 2459 viewsbarry_island

Sometimes reading this forum it feels like taking part in a game of "Remember When" in a care home, with fond memories being rekindled of old Mr Rodgers or old Mr Martinez. I think it must be the same in our boardroom as well.

As long as F G is crouching in our technical area he has my full backing. Perhaps the players sense the lukewarm backing he gets from the elders on here and in Liberty Towers.

Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:27 - Sep 18 with 2427 viewspencoedjack

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:12 - Sep 18 by Quincy999

I find the nervous energy he displays a little off putting. I believe a manager should have a calming influence on the team and deliver clear instructions when needed. I can't see how he does that. He wouldn't motivate me. It wouldn't suprise me if the team didn't listen to him that much.

His results last season would make me believe that the team do listen to him ( although some still claim that was Curt)

4 points from the next 4 games then kick on.

I believe a lot of our fans are pining for the return of mr ego currently managing a pub side in Scotland ....
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:36 - Sep 18 with 2396 viewsDr_Winston

We could have asked for little more from him than he delivered last season, although some are desperate to find fault with everything he does.

For me he needs to stand up for himself a little more with the club, although if he was the kind of manager to do that he probably wouldn't have got the job in the first place.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:44 - Sep 18 with 2367 viewsSmellyplumz

Meh from me, hardly set the club alight with his brand of football and his lack of communication with the fans is annoying, "I am appy" on repeat. It's make our break this season for FG.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:44 - Sep 18 with 2362 viewsicecoldjack

He has a good reputation as a coach and has done well with unfashionable clubs so I think his ability is not in question.

Do the players buy into it ? Not sure, it seems FG was indented to come in and steady the ship but do it on the cheap, I also think it's hard to judge while he has a limited input into transfers, I'm not sure we are seeing the guy in full flow rather we are seeing an effort steeped in compromise .

I get the feeling that he is happy to work with restrictions , and will be happy to compromise further,(not a good thing IMO) to keep working in the prem league , this is where he may lose out with regards to his playing staff.

I like FG and I think he is respected by the players, he is probably working with one arm tied behind his back though, and because of this its more difficult to judge.

He carries a solid reputation as a coach so don't think he is a mug, the way he de fused the taylor situation in the presser is proof his ability is more calculating and precise than his language skills suggest, you don't hang around the the Italian leagues and manage Monaco unless you know all the strokes, his biggest problem here will be the things that go on around him without his total control .
Fingers crossed for the guy, instantly likeable and one of the few managers who seems to carry no ego or arrogance.
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:47 - Sep 18 with 2349 viewspencoedjack

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:36 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

We could have asked for little more from him than he delivered last season, although some are desperate to find fault with everything he does.

For me he needs to stand up for himself a little more with the club, although if he was the kind of manager to do that he probably wouldn't have got the job in the first place.

But a lot of clubs now just have coaches who are given players to work with (admittedly who picks our signings I do not agree with)

Got to admit he went down a notch in my very high estimations with not giving Taylor a fuker last Sunday
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:48 - Sep 18 with 2341 viewspencoedjack

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:44 - Sep 18 by Smellyplumz

Meh from me, hardly set the club alight with his brand of football and his lack of communication with the fans is annoying, "I am appy" on repeat. It's make our break this season for FG.

There's a surprise you are not happy with something
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:50 - Sep 18 with 2335 viewsmagicdaps10

Well to start, i think he has developed players like Barrow and Kingsley for starters.........just by playing them in the first team is a development.

A man of his experience should have more say in what players come in to the club. He will have a way he wants to play and certain players he would have in mind that would suit that way. Ultimately if things go wrong then he can say that he did not have the correct tools for the job he was asked to do...................and really you could not argue with that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:00 - Sep 18 with 2301 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:47 - Sep 18 by pencoedjack

But a lot of clubs now just have coaches who are given players to work with (admittedly who picks our signings I do not agree with)

Got to admit he went down a notch in my very high estimations with not giving Taylor a fuker last Sunday

A lot of clubs doing it doesn't make it a good idea.

I can't see the logic in a club our size bringing players in (or letting them go) without making absolutely sure that they're players that the manager actually wants.

I'm not saying give him full control or a free reign, but there should be a cohesive working partnership between scouting staff, coaching staff and the board, not whatever the f*ck we have now.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:05 - Sep 18 with 2278 viewspencoedjack

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:00 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

A lot of clubs doing it doesn't make it a good idea.

I can't see the logic in a club our size bringing players in (or letting them go) without making absolutely sure that they're players that the manager actually wants.

I'm not saying give him full control or a free reign, but there should be a cohesive working partnership between scouting staff, coaching staff and the board, not whatever the f*ck we have now.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You probably know better than me but you believe there is no discussion between Jenkins and the manager (whoever that may be) about transfer targets ?

Find that hard to believe
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:06 - Sep 18 with 2277 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:36 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Would like to see what he could do with five or six of his own players added to the squad rather than the creaking old guard and Jenkins' Bargain Basement Lemons he largely has to work with.
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:09 - Sep 18 with 2262 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:05 - Sep 18 by pencoedjack

You probably know better than me but you believe there is no discussion between Jenkins and the manager (whoever that may be) about transfer targets ?

Find that hard to believe

I believe they discuss the kind of player they need. For example I don't doubt that the need for a centre back was discussed. I just find it harder to believe that Guidolin has much say in the individual players concerned.

We go back to Laudrup, where all this started. He'd have asked the club for a striker. There's not a chance on this Earth that he requested Ngog or Emnes.

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:10 - Sep 18 with 2259 viewsGlyn1

A solid 8 out of 10 from me, and I think that we're lucky to have him. His results last season were consistently better than Garry Monk's when compared against the same clubs, so he's a step up from GM.

So far he's always been near the relegation zone through no fault of his own, but if he survives the next tough series of matches, and we're safe by December we'll see what he can do.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2016 9:15]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:11 - Sep 18 with 2254 viewsWarwickHunt

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:09 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

I believe they discuss the kind of player they need. For example I don't doubt that the need for a centre back was discussed. I just find it harder to believe that Guidolin has much say in the individual players concerned.

We go back to Laudrup, where all this started. He'd have asked the club for a striker. There's not a chance on this Earth that he requested Ngog or Emnes.

Or would have agreed to them...
Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:36 - Sep 18 with 2167 viewsraynor94

If he goes with a back three today, he will go down in my estimation, lessons should be learned from last week far to early to experiment

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:38 - Sep 18 with 2158 viewsperchrockjack

Most aren't looking to fault any manager for the sake of it.

We ve got one who hasn't either the interest ,guts or wherewithal to improve our squad.
Chadli, looked OK ,did he not. Still, some on here didn't think he s much.

Opinions innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:45 - Sep 18 with 2134 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:38 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Most aren't looking to fault any manager for the sake of it.

We ve got one who hasn't either the interest ,guts or wherewithal to improve our squad.
Chadli, looked OK ,did he not. Still, some on here didn't think he s much.

Opinions innit

Our squad?

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:46 - Sep 18 with 2120 viewsDarran

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:45 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Our squad?

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:46 - Sep 18 with 2126 viewsperchrockjack

Up early then

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:48 - Sep 18 with 2117 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:36 - Sep 18 by raynor94

If he goes with a back three today, he will go down in my estimation, lessons should be learned from last week far to early to experiment

What, the last Saturday when we took Chelsea's 100% record off them and arguably should have won it in the end?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:52 - Sep 18 with 2096 viewsraynor94

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:48 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

What, the last Saturday when we took Chelsea's 100% record off them and arguably should have won it in the end?

That's the one, when we reverted to a flat back four and looked far more comfortable, my opinion if we go with the three this afternoon we could be in trouble, time will tell

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:56 - Sep 18 with 2074 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 08:44 - Sep 18 by icecoldjack

He has a good reputation as a coach and has done well with unfashionable clubs so I think his ability is not in question.

Do the players buy into it ? Not sure, it seems FG was indented to come in and steady the ship but do it on the cheap, I also think it's hard to judge while he has a limited input into transfers, I'm not sure we are seeing the guy in full flow rather we are seeing an effort steeped in compromise .

I get the feeling that he is happy to work with restrictions , and will be happy to compromise further,(not a good thing IMO) to keep working in the prem league , this is where he may lose out with regards to his playing staff.

I like FG and I think he is respected by the players, he is probably working with one arm tied behind his back though, and because of this its more difficult to judge.

He carries a solid reputation as a coach so don't think he is a mug, the way he de fused the taylor situation in the presser is proof his ability is more calculating and precise than his language skills suggest, you don't hang around the the Italian leagues and manage Monaco unless you know all the strokes, his biggest problem here will be the things that go on around him without his total control .
Fingers crossed for the guy, instantly likeable and one of the few managers who seems to carry no ego or arrogance.

Apart from having both hands tied behind his back as opposed to one I unsurprisingly 100% agree with you again Icey. You should be up there contesting POTY no doubt!

I think Jenkins' reign as chief scout will shortly be coming to an end. I don't want him out of the club but completely out of any transfer deals apart from setting the budget FG has to play with.

Guidolin has been in the game a long time, he has the contacts and should be left to buy/release who he wants. It would be really interesting to chuck him 25 million next summer and see who he got in. I'm betting he'd get 5 to 6 players in with lots of spare change.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guidolin - how do you rate him ? on 09:56 - Sep 18 with 2076 viewsdameedna

He tried something against Chelsea which did not come off and he changed it before half time.

Not bad at all.

May go the same for Southmapton but maybe Routledge can do a wing back job in place of Taylor.

Overall, He and Curtis did well last season and brought on the diamond.

We are probably 3 players short or making his job easier so based on his role and his resources he would be an 8 out of 10.

Not sure how much he loves the club but he seems honest and tranpsarent, all qualities I see in Curtis, Laudrup, Sousa, Jackett Flynn, etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024