Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all our new American fans 11:29 - Oct 4 with 11978 viewsDafyddHuw

There's a few points that you need to be aware of -

1. It's not soccer, it's football

2. All Americans are yanks, whatever part of the US you live.

3. The hostility to our new owners - these yanks couldn't care less about Swansea, they couldn't even care less about football. They only care about profit. And every penny that the slimeballs pocket is a penny less that could have been spent on strengthening the team. And although they've bought the club they've not invested a penny in the club.

4. The hostility towards Bucket Bob - we've got a manager that would never even have been on any other club's radar. If he wasn't a yank he would never have been considered here either. He may work out, but we don't know that yet. What we do know is that many excellent European managers have been ignored/excluded from any shortlist simply because they weren't american enough.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can stick your old glory up your arse (sorry, ass).
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:36]
To all our new American fans on 21:38 - Oct 4 with 1404 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 21:37 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

Ooh, it's like First Dates.

We just need a French bloke to take our names and order us a G&T.

Fabulous.

Lisa you little minx
To all our new American fans on 21:39 - Oct 4 with 1401 viewssherpajacob

To all our new American fans on 21:36 - Oct 4 by LeonisGod

Well I've lived here for 11 years and I've never heard football called 'soccer', whatever the origins were.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

To all our new American fans on 21:44 - Oct 4 with 1389 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 21:39 - Oct 4 by sherpajacob

#awkward
To all our new American fans on 21:45 - Oct 4 with 1384 viewsFireboy

To all our new American fans on 21:33 - Oct 4 by Timbersland

We yanks can be a touch insecure when it comes to one of own in the sport (until now it's been players not a manager), and any criticism levied 'no experience in the top flight' 'not Prem quality' generally is misconstrued to being anti-American. After reading the different threads it will tough winning over the faithful when the supporters don't trust ownership. That said a few things about Bob Bradley;

- His teams are always fit.
- He's given his entire adult life for this one opportunity. He could've of gone back to MLS at any point. Instead, he moved to Cairo, never left when the country almost had a civil war, dealt w/no domestic league, and empty stadiums for home qualifying matches.
- Took a Norwegian side newly promoted to the Europa League. That same side is back in the relegation zone since his departure.
- 1 goal from promotion to Ligue 1 last season, and pretty telling what the players thought of him by winning his last match after he was appointed yesterday, and he leaves them right in contention again for promotion.
- BB always uses the F word not the S word...'football'

http://www.espnfc.us/swansea-city/story/2965406/bob-bradley-swansea-city-job-an-
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 21:35]

Well we will see how he copes in the toughest league in the world then

I hope he does succeed but I doubt it and I do hope I'm proved wrong
To all our new American fans on 21:55 - Oct 4 with 1346 viewslonglostjack

To all our new American fans on 21:33 - Oct 4 by Timbersland

We yanks can be a touch insecure when it comes to one of own in the sport (until now it's been players not a manager), and any criticism levied 'no experience in the top flight' 'not Prem quality' generally is misconstrued to being anti-American. After reading the different threads it will tough winning over the faithful when the supporters don't trust ownership. That said a few things about Bob Bradley;

- His teams are always fit.
- He's given his entire adult life for this one opportunity. He could've of gone back to MLS at any point. Instead, he moved to Cairo, never left when the country almost had a civil war, dealt w/no domestic league, and empty stadiums for home qualifying matches.
- Took a Norwegian side newly promoted to the Europa League. That same side is back in the relegation zone since his departure.
- 1 goal from promotion to Ligue 1 last season, and pretty telling what the players thought of him by winning his last match after he was appointed yesterday, and he leaves them right in contention again for promotion.
- BB always uses the F word not the S word...'football'

http://www.espnfc.us/swansea-city/story/2965406/bob-bradley-swansea-city-job-an-
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 21:35]

Le Havre fans didn't seem particularly impressed last night and seem to be pleased that he's left them. Hope he is a success with us of course but all this crap making out that he's some kind of football genius who has done things the hard way and has finally been discovered is getting on my man boobs.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

To all our new American fans on 22:28 - Oct 4 with 1304 viewsperchrockjack

G and T oop north has sinister connotations

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

To all our new American fans on 22:33 - Oct 4 with 1294 viewsphact0rri

To all our new American fans on 21:39 - Oct 4 by sherpajacob

#toosoon?

#PleaseBeonPurpose

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

To all our new American fans on 22:38 - Oct 4 with 1280 viewssherpajacob

To all our new American fans on 21:36 - Oct 4 by LeonisGod

Well I've lived here for 11 years and I've never heard football called 'soccer', whatever the origins were.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

To all our new American fans on 00:03 - Oct 5 with 1225 viewsTimbersland

To all our new American fans on 21:55 - Oct 4 by longlostjack

Le Havre fans didn't seem particularly impressed last night and seem to be pleased that he's left them. Hope he is a success with us of course but all this crap making out that he's some kind of football genius who has done things the hard way and has finally been discovered is getting on my man boobs.

Bob Bradley is certainly no genius. Also, I wouldn't expect to find any Le Harve fans happy with him at the moment. However, he turned down a lot of money on multiple occasions in the States to pursue a dream, and that is something to be respected. Would he be getting this chance if the owners weren't American? No. Will this end badly? Considering the shelf life of gaffers in the Prem, I'd say the odds are against him.

Let me ask a question. What would be considered a 'success' this season? 11-15th?
To all our new American fans on 00:09 - Oct 5 with 1216 viewsLord_Bony

To all our new American fans on 00:03 - Oct 5 by Timbersland

Bob Bradley is certainly no genius. Also, I wouldn't expect to find any Le Harve fans happy with him at the moment. However, he turned down a lot of money on multiple occasions in the States to pursue a dream, and that is something to be respected. Would he be getting this chance if the owners weren't American? No. Will this end badly? Considering the shelf life of gaffers in the Prem, I'd say the odds are against him.

Let me ask a question. What would be considered a 'success' this season? 11-15th?

15th? I would take that right now ...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

To all our new American fans on 05:34 - Oct 5 with 1123 viewsJoeSoccerFan

I'm not going to read this thread - 1st page was sufficient. I won't get into a xenophobic discussion - regardless of which side of the Atlantic.

New American fans who come on here - ignore the turds, they proliferate in every forum. If you really start liking Swansea, come to a match here, the actual fans in real life are friendly and fun. The Welsh are some of the best people to have a pint and talk soccer. Also, don't be surprised if many of the Welsh don't like soccer - but prefer rugby (big surprise to me).

Please accept that many of the Swans fans are mourning the loss of their coach who saved the Swans from relegation last year, but the team started slow and the front office (HJ) sold 2 players (Ayew and Williams) and didn't really replace them.

The American owners purchased the team in a scandalous manner without involving the Trust (21% owner of the team), in my opinion. If you want to become a Swansea fan, find Jack to a King to get some prospective of the Swansea story (even if some consider it propaganda from some former owners). Some Welsh consider themselves as part of their team that they support even more than owners and for some of the owners selling to the American was an act of treachery if not treason to the club. Personally, I sometimes don't understand some opinion from a soccer business perspectives.

Enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024