Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all our new American fans 11:29 - Oct 4 with 12414 viewsDafyddHuw

There's a few points that you need to be aware of -

1. It's not soccer, it's football

2. All Americans are yanks, whatever part of the US you live.

3. The hostility to our new owners - these yanks couldn't care less about Swansea, they couldn't even care less about football. They only care about profit. And every penny that the slimeballs pocket is a penny less that could have been spent on strengthening the team. And although they've bought the club they've not invested a penny in the club.

4. The hostility towards Bucket Bob - we've got a manager that would never even have been on any other club's radar. If he wasn't a yank he would never have been considered here either. He may work out, but we don't know that yet. What we do know is that many excellent European managers have been ignored/excluded from any shortlist simply because they weren't american enough.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can stick your old glory up your arse (sorry, ass).
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:36]
To all our new American fans on 17:57 - Oct 4 with 1431 viewsstid

The ''Yanks'' were quick to warn us about this muppets when they took over
To all our new American fans on 18:06 - Oct 4 with 1404 viewsOldjack

To all our new American fans on 14:08 - Oct 4 by ONENATIONUNDERGOD

You Brits should be darn grateful that a stand up citizen like Bob has agreed to come and save your limey asses!

Just like the history books ,''better late than never '' i suppose

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

To all our new American fans on 18:09 - Oct 4 with 1388 viewsFireboy

Gregg do you know that it won't be a total disaster for the americans if we go down as there's a thing called parachute payments that relegated clubs receive for 3 years (I think) and it's quite a few million iirc

Just ask karl oyston of blackpool as he's siphoned every penny from the club and put it into his business ventures,atm he's being sued by a co-owner

The americans know this and Imo they won't waste money spending big on players as they aren't bothered as they know they will make money either way

There are a few american owners of PL clubs ala manure and lpool,I'm surprised there aren't many more as the PL is a lucrative money making business,I just hope we don't end up like villa who aren't looking too good atm,they gambled and now they are paying for it
To all our new American fans on 18:18 - Oct 4 with 1359 viewslonglostjack

To all our new American fans on 17:36 - Oct 4 by greggk

Awww you think I am a Trump supporter don't you. I am not. I am a staunch liberal and a proud american. And let me remind you, you guys actually voted for a policy just as stupid and silly as anything to come out of Donald's mouth. On this day, Trump is WAY behind in the polls. We are not so easily swayed by stupidity I guess.

3. I think they bought it because they love Soccer and want to have a team in one of the biggest leagues in the world. Swansea has zero chance of getting any traction in the states. It won't happen unless you guys sign a guy like Christian Pulisic, which you can't afford. I honestly believe they love the game and jumped at the chance to own a historic club like yours. They obviously don't want to lose money and the fact is and the only way you they are going to do that is with success on the field. If you guys go down it is a disaster of an investment.

4. You are not wrong about it other than he was the manager of a very fine USA team. On club level sure, he is lacking, but sometimes a gamble. There is a tendency I have seen in English sports to never take chances with managers and stay conservative. There is a tendency in American sports to give an outsider a chance. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but maybe you guys should give the guy a chance first.

Guys normally get burned on November 5th but we'll get a result against those horrible Glaziers you blokes just wait and see.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

To all our new American fans on 18:24 - Oct 4 with 1346 viewsWatchman

To all our new American fans on 11:38 - Oct 4 by jack247

We may get a lot of new American fans on here in the next few weeks and they are probably going to think we're a hostile bunch of racists.

Hopefully they will understand the anger isn't directed at Americans in general, just the Americans that run our club.

erm have you ever visited the deep south in Candy Corn Land

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

To all our new American fans on 18:28 - Oct 4 with 1333 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 16:30 - Oct 4 by stAteSwan

1. It is indeed, but the word soccer was first coined in England, so its their fault and not ours.

2. Which is an interesting view. In America, Yanks is considered a putdown for someone from the North.part of the country. We use Yankee, but same thing.

3. Been following the club since 2010. You don't have to explain to me Welsh feelings on the new owners. I know the history, and have seen Jack to a King. I'm as angry as you about the so called transfer dealings of the club last summer.

4. To be fair to Bradley, he's been on the short list for fore than a few Premier League Jobs. Hull was the last to take a look at him.

Did the new owners force this hire? Who knows. The few reputable Journalists we have in the states have said that Huw Jenkins was the one who turned down a couple of the European coaches immediately, and made a final decision based on Bradley vs Gigs. They could be completely getting this story fed to them from Kaplan and Levien, but we can't say that for sure.

We've got enough problems over here (See Race Riots/2016 Election of Idiots...err President) to show too much national; pride right now. The reasonable of us are acutely aware that the rest of the world is laughing at us right now.

If I may make a tiny suggestion - probably not best to say things such as 'I've been following the club since 2010 and have seen Jack to A King so you don't have to explain to me'.

Because in itself, that means you don't understand how people feel.

This appointment is receiving the anger from supporters that has actually been caused by the sale in many ways. It's the straw that has broken the back of quite a few of the Swansea camels if you like.

It doesn't mean that we won't support the team and Bradley because of course we will, but you don't (can't actually) understand how we feel. It has nothing to do with being 'American' or any other nationality, we are bothered about the fact of selling our soul, not the nationality of the people who then bought it.

I for one welcome anyone who supports our club - I genuinely mean that, but for some of us (many of us probably), the club has been a part of our lives and the lives of our families for generations, it is part of us, not 'our favourite team'.
To all our new American fans on 18:34 - Oct 4 with 1321 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 18:28 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

If I may make a tiny suggestion - probably not best to say things such as 'I've been following the club since 2010 and have seen Jack to A King so you don't have to explain to me'.

Because in itself, that means you don't understand how people feel.

This appointment is receiving the anger from supporters that has actually been caused by the sale in many ways. It's the straw that has broken the back of quite a few of the Swansea camels if you like.

It doesn't mean that we won't support the team and Bradley because of course we will, but you don't (can't actually) understand how we feel. It has nothing to do with being 'American' or any other nationality, we are bothered about the fact of selling our soul, not the nationality of the people who then bought it.

I for one welcome anyone who supports our club - I genuinely mean that, but for some of us (many of us probably), the club has been a part of our lives and the lives of our families for generations, it is part of us, not 'our favourite team'.

Can you be any more patronising?

The only anger being displayed is by some mindless idiots on here.
To all our new American fans on 18:37 - Oct 4 with 1308 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 18:34 - Oct 4 by Murph75

I could indeed. I could say 'I've supported the club for 6 years and seen a film so you don't have to explain to me'.

That's a far more patronising post than my reply which was trying, without any hint of anger, to explain why people are angry,
Login to get fewer ads

To all our new American fans on 18:39 - Oct 4 with 1297 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 18:37 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

I could indeed. I could say 'I've supported the club for 6 years and seen a film so you don't have to explain to me'.

That's a far more patronising post than my reply which was trying, without any hint of anger, to explain why people are angry,

B0ll0cks you love a good patronising dig at people.
To all our new American fans on 18:40 - Oct 4 with 1292 viewsGowerjack

To all our new American fans on 18:37 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

Quite right Lisa.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

To all our new American fans on 18:41 - Oct 4 with 1289 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 18:39 - Oct 4 by Murph75

B0ll0cks you love a good patronising dig at people.

Whatever.
To all our new American fans on 18:43 - Oct 4 with 1276 viewsTummer_from_Texas

To all our new American fans on 14:08 - Oct 4 by ONENATIONUNDERGOD

You Brits should be darn grateful that a stand up citizen like Bob has agreed to come and save your limey asses!

You need to work on your trolling skills.

@Coach_B_Bradley on Twitter was funny, at least.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

To all our new American fans on 18:44 - Oct 4 with 1274 viewsTummer_from_Texas

To all our new American fans on 11:38 - Oct 4 by jack247

We may get a lot of new American fans on here in the next few weeks and they are probably going to think we're a hostile bunch of racists.

Hopefully they will understand the anger isn't directed at Americans in general, just the Americans that run our club.

If they do, they need to learn what racist means.

American isn't a race.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

To all our new American fans on 18:46 - Oct 4 with 1260 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 18:44 - Oct 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

American isn't a race.

It's a state of mind
To all our new American fans on 18:47 - Oct 4 with 1253 viewsjack247

To all our new American fans on 18:44 - Oct 4 by Tummer_from_Texas

American isn't a race.

Ok well that's just wrong terminology on my part. Xenophobes.
To all our new American fans on 18:49 - Oct 4 with 1238 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 18:47 - Oct 4 by jack247

Ok well that's just wrong terminology on my part. Xenophobes.

Isn't that a musical instrument?
To all our new American fans on 18:57 - Oct 4 with 1215 viewslonglostjack

To all our new American fans on 18:34 - Oct 4 by Murph75

Jackfath it's not particularly funny any longer.

To all our new American fans on 19:00 - Oct 4 with 1206 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 18:57 - Oct 4 by longlostjack

That's a shame you no longer find him funny.
To all our new American fans on 19:03 - Oct 4 with 1190 viewsJackfath

Care to explain why you see fit to bring me into this horrid thread?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

To all our new American fans on 19:03 - Oct 4 with 1192 viewslondonlisa2001

Oh A is it jackfath? I thought it was dwight.
To all our new American fans on 19:08 - Oct 4 with 1175 viewsJackfath

To all our new American fans on 19:03 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

Oh A is it jackfath? I thought it was dwight.

No, it's not me. I don't use other names on here, despite people imagining I do.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

To all our new American fans on 19:14 - Oct 4 with 1161 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 19:03 - Oct 4 by Jackfath

Care to explain why you see fit to bring me into this horrid thread?

He thinks I'm you.
To all our new American fans on 19:17 - Oct 4 with 1148 viewslonglostjack

To all our new American fans on 19:14 - Oct 4 by Murph75

He thinks I'm you.

Ventriloquist and his dummy come to mind.

To all our new American fans on 19:18 - Oct 4 with 1137 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 19:17 - Oct 4 by longlostjack

Ventriloquist and his dummy come to mind.

Don't bring your sexual preferences in to it. You're on the wrong site.
To all our new American fans on 19:20 - Oct 4 with 1126 viewslonglostjack

To all our new American fans on 19:18 - Oct 4 by Murph75

Don't bring your sexual preferences in to it. You're on the wrong site.

You clearly have a vivid imagination - but whatever floats your goat.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024