Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To all our new American fans 11:29 - Oct 4 with 12413 viewsDafyddHuw

There's a few points that you need to be aware of -

1. It's not soccer, it's football

2. All Americans are yanks, whatever part of the US you live.

3. The hostility to our new owners - these yanks couldn't care less about Swansea, they couldn't even care less about football. They only care about profit. And every penny that the slimeballs pocket is a penny less that could have been spent on strengthening the team. And although they've bought the club they've not invested a penny in the club.

4. The hostility towards Bucket Bob - we've got a manager that would never even have been on any other club's radar. If he wasn't a yank he would never have been considered here either. He may work out, but we don't know that yet. What we do know is that many excellent European managers have been ignored/excluded from any shortlist simply because they weren't american enough.

So as far as I'm concerned, you can stick your old glory up your arse (sorry, ass).
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 11:36]
To all our new American fans on 19:21 - Oct 4 with 1236 viewsJackfath

To all our new American fans on 19:14 - Oct 4 by Murph75

He thinks I'm you.

How utterly bizarre.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

To all our new American fans on 19:22 - Oct 4 with 1239 viewscsf

To all our new American fans on 14:34 - Oct 4 by jack247

My money is on Morningstar

Post of the year
To all our new American fans on 19:23 - Oct 4 with 1233 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 19:21 - Oct 4 by Jackfath

How utterly bizarre.

Maybe its something they do?

Obviously they don't have the strength of character to say what they want under the one username.
To all our new American fans on 19:23 - Oct 4 with 1224 viewsJackfath

To all our new American fans on 19:23 - Oct 4 by Murph75

Maybe its something they do?

Obviously they don't have the strength of character to say what they want under the one username.

Weirdos.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

To all our new American fans on 19:24 - Oct 4 with 1227 viewsphact0rri

I wonder how many "real yanks" are posting on here... and how many are new screen names taking a piss.

It is for a laugh to see my home nation, and nation of origin having a bits of fits about this.

But for the record. The dislike of the appointment has little to do with his nationality and more to do with:

1) his favoured systems are not in any shape or form parellel to what Swansea City Football club have been known for supposedly aiming to get back to. Its defensive "set up not to lose" boring, and pensive playing.

2) Our well respected and class act of a previous manager Guidolin was treated very poorly in how the club conducted the appointment

3) the trust (and I would assume a good bit of the board members) were not concidered at all in this either the sacking or hiring process. Which asks some serious questions about how this club is being ran.

Its not just about Bradley being an american, hell I've lived in america most of my life an I'm upset at it.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

To all our new American fans on 19:25 - Oct 4 with 1234 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 19:23 - Oct 4 by Jackfath

Weirdos.

Indeed.
To all our new American fans on 19:27 - Oct 4 with 1227 viewslonglostjack

To all our new American fans on 19:24 - Oct 4 by phact0rri

I wonder how many "real yanks" are posting on here... and how many are new screen names taking a piss.

It is for a laugh to see my home nation, and nation of origin having a bits of fits about this.

But for the record. The dislike of the appointment has little to do with his nationality and more to do with:

1) his favoured systems are not in any shape or form parellel to what Swansea City Football club have been known for supposedly aiming to get back to. Its defensive "set up not to lose" boring, and pensive playing.

2) Our well respected and class act of a previous manager Guidolin was treated very poorly in how the club conducted the appointment

3) the trust (and I would assume a good bit of the board members) were not concidered at all in this either the sacking or hiring process. Which asks some serious questions about how this club is being ran.

Its not just about Bradley being an american, hell I've lived in america most of my life an I'm upset at it.

Good post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

To all our new American fans on 20:31 - Oct 4 with 1139 viewsclloy2

To all our new American fans on 15:41 - Oct 4 by vetchonian

The issue of his nationality is only due to the fact those who employed him have done so because they are of the same nationality.

Our gripe is his relvent experience and past history and ability to do this job at this level.

Had he been European, South American or form Mars he would not have been considered suitably "qualified" for interview due to the level he has managed at.....albeit a spell at international level whihc is so diferent to working at a club level...ask the likes of Coleman

Just remind me, where Martinez, Rodgers, and Monk built up their hugely impressive managerial Cv's before getting the gig. I had really hoped that FG would have built on a good finish from last season and moved us on. More of the West Ham type displays maybe. Admittedly the transfer window did him no favours, and that is something that Bob will have to live with. But the fact is he is now our Manager, and I am prepared to give him a chance. If it doesn't work out, the owners will really feel the flack, but he does come across as desperate to be given a chance at the big league, and could have easily sat back in the MLS taking the easy money, so hey really sorry that things didn't work out for FG, I really wanted him to succeed, but the decision has been made, and I will continue to back the manager and my team.
STID
Login to get fewer ads

To all our new American fans on 20:34 - Oct 4 with 1130 viewsperchrockjack

Some will want Bob to fail for no other reason than he s yank and appointed by yanks

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

To all our new American fans on 20:51 - Oct 4 with 1086 viewsclloy2

To all our new American fans on 20:34 - Oct 4 by perchrockjack

Some will want Bob to fail for no other reason than he s yank and appointed by yanks

Pictures of him now on WOL sat next to HJ and Curt at the U23's match in Newport. Hopefully that is a sign that Curt will be brought back into the fold.
To all our new American fans on 20:53 - Oct 4 with 1080 viewslondonlisa2001

No one wants him to fail.

No one cares that he's American.

People care that he appears underqualified. Hopefully he can step up.
To all our new American fans on 20:54 - Oct 4 with 1075 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 20:53 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

It's only the narrow minded few like yourself that have pre judged him.

I'm happy to give the man a chance.
To all our new American fans on 20:55 - Oct 4 with 1074 viewsFireboy

To all our new American fans on 20:53 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

This^
To all our new American fans on 21:01 - Oct 4 with 1052 viewsDewi1jack

And that's sad.
In a straight choice between hiring Bob or Giggs , IMHO the right decision has been taken.
The new board have to back their compatriot in the next transfer window- they hired him.
Friendly interviews for the best candidates were held?.
Really?
Surprised Giggs turned up at all. Couldn't be arzed to turn up for Wales friendlies
Have the Merrycans have been stitched up?
Now they know how the Trust and its shareholders feel, so no sympathy there.
Many Merrycans believe what Hollywood and the TV tells them.
Jack to a hit and run job.
Their fault for believing what they see on the big screen.

Let's get rid of this "barmy army sh1te" as well
Every tw@ has a barmy army chant.

Bob Bradleys Black and White Army!

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

To all our new American fans on 21:13 - Oct 4 with 1027 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 20:54 - Oct 4 by Murph75

It's only the narrow minded few like yourself that have pre judged him.

I'm happy to give the man a chance.

I haven't judged him, I've judged the appointment.

Perhaps you're too small minded to understand the difference?

Have you nothing on in Salford tonight?
To all our new American fans on 21:15 - Oct 4 with 1019 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 21:13 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

I haven't judged him, I've judged the appointment.

Perhaps you're too small minded to understand the difference?

Have you nothing on in Salford tonight?

Salford is quite busy on a Tuesday evening. How is it in your ivory tower? You seem a little sensitive today.
To all our new American fans on 21:17 - Oct 4 with 1017 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 21:15 - Oct 4 by Murph75

Salford is quite busy on a Tuesday evening. How is it in your ivory tower? You seem a little sensitive today.

I just get bored having to explain nuance to dimwits.
To all our new American fans on 21:19 - Oct 4 with 1011 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 21:17 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

I just get bored having to explain nuance to dimwits.

Touché Lisa, touché indeed.
To all our new American fans on 21:29 - Oct 4 with 1001 viewsCooperman

Anyway, welcome to Planet Swans Bellingham Whiff.

Brilliant user name, I'm creased. Where do you come from?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

To all our new American fans on 21:29 - Oct 4 with 1001 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 21:19 - Oct 4 by Murph75

Touché Lisa, touché indeed.

You're quite funny - I'm warming to you.
To all our new American fans on 21:30 - Oct 4 with 996 viewssherpajacob

To all our new American fans on 13:42 - Oct 4 by nierika

1. The word SOCcer was first coined in England in the late 1800s to refer to aSOCciation football in order differentiate the sport from "rugby football."

Why is "Hull FC" a rugby club?
Why is the Australian national team called the Socceroos?

If Im posting on this board I'll use football but if Im talking to my friends that arent into the sport, they will think Im referring to the NFL.

Anyone that feels the need to jump on someones back because they use a different word to refer to the same thing probably has deeper issues in life.

http://blog.dictionary.com/why-is-it-called-soccer/

2. I dont mind being called a "yank;" I find it to be a term of endearment. I live in the dead center of the U.S.

3. You're making numerous assumptions about people you don't know personally.

Just because the owners arent long time fans of the club doesn't mean they don't care about winning. If you purchased a football club, wouldn't you want to win? I would. If you think they only care about money, winning and staying in the Premier League EQUALS more profit.

4. He has previously been in the running for manager of Aston Villa, Sunderland, Fulham and Hull. Everyone has to start somewhere. For the sake of us Yank fans I hope he is successful (god help us if he's not). We all want the team to move up the table and I can guarantee you he will work his ass off to make that happen.

And as far as I'M concerned, anyone spewing the lame xenophobic stereotypes on here can shove it.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 13:43]

Soccer is a perfectly acceptable abbreviation of association football,particularly in regions and countries where other forms of football are regularly played. E.g. south wales where rugby football is a major sport.

There is The swans - swansea city association football club and The all whites - Swansea cricket and football club.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

To all our new American fans on 21:33 - Oct 4 with 985 viewsTimbersland

We yanks can be a touch insecure when it comes to one of own in the sport (until now it's been players not a manager), and any criticism levied 'no experience in the top flight' 'not Prem quality' generally is misconstrued to being anti-American. After reading the different threads it will tough winning over the faithful when the supporters don't trust ownership. That said a few things about Bob Bradley;

- His teams are always fit.
- He's given his entire adult life for this one opportunity. He could've of gone back to MLS at any point. Instead, he moved to Cairo, never left when the country almost had a civil war, dealt w/no domestic league, and empty stadiums for home qualifying matches.
- Took a Norwegian side newly promoted to the Europa League. That same side is back in the relegation zone since his departure.
- 1 goal from promotion to Ligue 1 last season, and pretty telling what the players thought of him by winning his last match after he was appointed yesterday, and he leaves them right in contention again for promotion.
- BB always uses the F word not the S word...'football'

http://www.espnfc.us/swansea-city/story/2965406/bob-bradley-swansea-city-job-an-
[Post edited 4 Oct 2016 21:35]
To all our new American fans on 21:34 - Oct 4 with 981 viewsMurph75

To all our new American fans on 21:29 - Oct 4 by londonlisa2001

You're quite funny - I'm warming to you.

Thank you.

Sorry if I've come across as bit of an arsehole. Will you accept my apology and allow us to start with a clean slate?
To all our new American fans on 21:36 - Oct 4 with 973 viewsLeonisGod

To all our new American fans on 21:30 - Oct 4 by sherpajacob

Soccer is a perfectly acceptable abbreviation of association football,particularly in regions and countries where other forms of football are regularly played. E.g. south wales where rugby football is a major sport.

There is The swans - swansea city association football club and The all whites - Swansea cricket and football club.

Well I've lived here for 11 years and I've never heard football called 'soccer', whatever the origins were.
To all our new American fans on 21:37 - Oct 4 with 968 viewslondonlisa2001

To all our new American fans on 21:34 - Oct 4 by Murph75

Thank you.

Sorry if I've come across as bit of an arsehole. Will you accept my apology and allow us to start with a clean slate?

Ooh, it's like First Dates.

We just need a French bloke to take our names and order us a G&T.

Fabulous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024