Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley 01:44 - Oct 6 with 2764 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The closest thing we've got to a quality "national" newspaper (but I'm biased as my sister writes about politics for them) pretty much sums up the American perspective, and should confirm to you that your concerns are being noticed. (Advance Warning: "soccer" used so that American readers don't get confused.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/soccer-insider/wp/2016/10/05/bob-bradley-bla
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 2:02]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 02:05 - Oct 6 with 2734 viewscockneyswan

Thanks for this tummer, interesting and pretty accurate account of the Swansea situation. It's interesting to see for me how the American press view the situation here. Can I ask how much interest there is in the USA about the Bradley appointment?
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 02:22 - Oct 6 with 2718 viewsLoyal

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 02:05 - Oct 6 by cockneyswan

Thanks for this tummer, interesting and pretty accurate account of the Swansea situation. It's interesting to see for me how the American press view the situation here. Can I ask how much interest there is in the USA about the Bradley appointment?

Apparently there's a piece in the Washington post 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 02:30 - Oct 6 with 2708 viewscockneyswan

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 02:22 - Oct 6 by Loyal

Apparently there's a piece in the Washington post 👍

That's what I was responding to 👍
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 03:18 - Oct 6 with 2666 viewsStarsky

It's just the internet, init.

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 03:22 - Oct 6 with 2665 viewsTummer_from_Texas

ESPN and others all talking about BB and what it means to America. Admitting that we are a country that is begging for validation from the UK is spot on, to be honest.

I've had a couple friends who would have never heard of Swansea, except they know about my love for the club, pointing it out to me that we are a news story in the USA now.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 03:59 - Oct 6 with 2639 viewsnyc_swans

"The closest thing we've got to a quality "national" newspaper"

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 04:41 - Oct 6 with 2606 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 03:59 - Oct 6 by nyc_swans

"The closest thing we've got to a quality "national" newspaper"

Ok then, what else is?

The New York Times is a New York paper with a degree of local focus. USA Today is a nationally-focused paper, but it's a long way from being quality anymore.

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 05:38 - Oct 6 with 2566 viewsnavyjack

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 04:41 - Oct 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Ok then, what else is?

The New York Times is a New York paper with a degree of local focus. USA Today is a nationally-focused paper, but it's a long way from being quality anymore.

Youyre lucky- I got an office colleague who reads the Daily Mail every day, and I swear it has taken 20 years off his life, and has morphed into a racist ogre.........
Login to get fewer ads

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 06:21 - Oct 6 with 2512 viewsSmellyplumz

Hopefully the new owners have read it, not that they would give a shit for the fans.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 06:55 - Oct 6 with 2460 viewsGowerjack

More spin from #MSM

#MAGA

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 07:52 - Oct 6 with 2313 viewstaffpop

"Major League Soccer".............

Here we go then.
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 08:27 - Oct 6 with 2203 viewsLoyal

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 05:38 - Oct 6 by navyjack

Youyre lucky- I got an office colleague who reads the Daily Mail every day, and I swear it has taken 20 years off his life, and has morphed into a racist ogre.........

It's a medical fact that cnt lumps will grow on the back of your neck if you read that rag for two weeks solid.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 08:50 - Oct 6 with 2137 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Thats probably the best article I've read on the appointment - hits the nail on the head.
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 08:50 - Oct 6 with 2136 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Reasonable analysis of the big risk taken by the new owners.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 09:25 - Oct 6 with 2051 viewsmax936

Good read that Tummer, there's obviously the view of what it can do for American Football, but obviously our only focus is on SCFC and the article recognises that in fairness, I do feel encouraged by what I've read about Bradley, all we can do is give him our best wishes and wish him luck, its not his fault that he's been thrust into this hostile position, the hostility from me is focus on Jenkins and the new controlling shareholders looking in from the outside it seems like they sense an opportunity to promote American football and make a huge name for themselves in America, a vanity project if you like.

They'll soon find out that us Swansea City fans wont be treated like their puppets so they better get things right and then they can enjoy their success along with us, its a tough ask though, over to you Kaplan and Levien.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 09:45 - Oct 6 with 1985 viewsjack247

That's a very fair article. Good on them for acknowledging the difference between 'what's best for US soccer' and what's best for SCFC
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 10:01 - Oct 6 with 1959 viewsmax936

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 09:45 - Oct 6 by jack247

That's a very fair article. Good on them for acknowledging the difference between 'what's best for US soccer' and what's best for SCFC

Nicely summed up Jack, I tried it and got there in the end, but I did go around the houses in getting there

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 10:34 - Oct 6 with 1900 viewscockneyswan

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 07:52 - Oct 6 by taffpop

"Major League Soccer".............

Here we go then.

Should be some interesting away trips 👍😂
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 10:39 - Oct 6 with 1884 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

interesting comment on this article

"Good luck to him (BB). Just shows how tone deaf Levein has proven himself to be already at DCU"
[Post edited 6 Oct 2016 10:40]

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 10:39 - Oct 6 with 1885 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 10:34 - Oct 6 by cockneyswan

Should be some interesting away trips 👍😂

Hopefully we can play proper American MLS teams rather than east bumfcuk college for pre-season now

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 11:37 - Oct 6 with 1786 viewsUxbridge

It's a good article. Highlights the issues, and actually notes that the issues here have little to do with nationality.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 12:33 - Oct 6 with 1683 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 10:39 - Oct 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Hopefully we can play proper American MLS teams rather than east bumfcuk college for pre-season now

I think we got bumfcuked 2-0 by east bumfcuk last summer.

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 03:51 - Oct 7 with 1436 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 10:39 - Oct 6 by NeiltheTaylor

Except, Swansea hasn't played a college team.

Richmond (USL - 3rd Division)
Charlotte (USL - 3rd Division)

2015 - canceled - I blame Tummer

Chivas (Mexican 1st Division)
Minnesota United (NASL - 2nd Division)

Utah or Colorado - Can't remember - (MLS)
OC Blues (PDL - 4th Division) - Zardes impressed in that match.

Perhaps, I missed a scrimmage?
Washington Post on Swansea City and Bradley on 06:29 - Oct 7 with 1382 viewsnierika

That 2015 cancellation was really disappointing; I would have made a 10 hour drive down there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024