Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman 19:33 - Oct 24 with 16327 viewsmarchamjack

https://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2016/10/24/Franchises/Swansea

We have a new COO...

Were The Trust consulted?

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:46 - Oct 24 with 3385 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:43 - Oct 24 by Landore_Jack

Were the Trust informed about the appointment?

By the look of it Swansea City FC hasn't been informed.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:46 - Oct 24 with 3385 viewsvetchonian

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:43 - Oct 24 by Landore_Jack

Were the Trust informed about the appointment?

Maybe the barman in Morgan's mentioned it to HC on Saturday night

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:47 - Oct 24 with 3378 viewslonglostjack

Or will Steve and Jason be apologising again.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 21:52 - Oct 24 with 3184 viewsNeiltheTaylor

He's the fella tasked with setting up the mechanisms by which vast amounts of cash are to be extracted from the club most probably.

Even more than our 'saviours' were trousering on the sly

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:00 - Oct 24 with 3151 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Shame it's not Ron Pearlman.

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:00 - Oct 24 with 3147 viewsWingstandwood

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 21:52 - Oct 24 by NeiltheTaylor

He's the fella tasked with setting up the mechanisms by which vast amounts of cash are to be extracted from the club most probably.

Even more than our 'saviours' were trousering on the sly

Aye, watch out for any 'consultancy fee(s)' in any upcoming accounts! Cost for having a newly commissioned SCFC fluffy stuffed teddy bear?...............That'll be £20,000,000 (what's that in Dollars?)).......ting.....ting......ting!

Argus!

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:01 - Oct 24 with 3141 viewsexiledclaseboy

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:00 - Oct 24 by NeiltheTaylor

Shame it's not Ron Pearlman.

This season's seemed a bit like Hell, boy.

Poll: Tory leader

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:20 - Oct 24 with 3056 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:47 - Oct 24 by longlostjack

Or will Steve and Jason be apologising again.

Probably.

As they were writing the apology for not including HC in the Guidolin/Bradley discussion they were holding a meeting about season ticket prices and not including him in that either.

Then they sent the apology to HC's company for printing.

You really couldn't make it up.

I expect to see another apology in the Man U programme along the lines of:-

We unreservedly apologise to the Trust director and the supporters for not including him in any of the really important decisions we will be taking for the foreseeable future. Once the foreseeable future is over lessons will be learned and another apology will be provided for another foreseeable future. We really are very sorry.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:24 - Oct 24 with 3040 viewsWingstandwood

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:20 - Oct 24 by Joe_bradshaw

Probably.

As they were writing the apology for not including HC in the Guidolin/Bradley discussion they were holding a meeting about season ticket prices and not including him in that either.

Then they sent the apology to HC's company for printing.

You really couldn't make it up.

I expect to see another apology in the Man U programme along the lines of:-

We unreservedly apologise to the Trust director and the supporters for not including him in any of the really important decisions we will be taking for the foreseeable future. Once the foreseeable future is over lessons will be learned and another apology will be provided for another foreseeable future. We really are very sorry.

Brillant take, analysis and superbly written! It really sums up recent insanity of events! To say we are watching crazy events unfolding is an understatement.

Argus!

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:42 - Oct 24 with 2961 viewsjacabertawe

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 22:01 - Oct 24 by exiledclaseboy

This season's seemed a bit like Hell, boy.

A rose by any other name.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 23:29 - Oct 24 with 2865 viewsGowerjack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 20:16 - Oct 24 by WxmJax

About Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment (VWSE)

Van Wagner Sports & Entertainment LLC (VWSE), a wholly owned subsidiary of Van Wagner Group LLC, is one of the preeminent sports marketing and media sales organizations in the world. It is an acknowledged innovator in property consulting and branding solutions and a global leader in naming rights, team and venue services, high-impact visible TV signage throughout the MLB, NBA, NCAA, MLS, and internationally in soccer, advertising and sponsorships sales, premium ticketing, technology design and integration, and in-venue content production. VWSE assists teams, organizations and properties in creating and selling advertising; sponsorships; and media that maximize revenue potential, and helps clients develop effective and powerful customized brand campaigns. VWSE works with more than 300 professional and college teams worldwide.

Commercial side then ?

Lets hope he can do better than this barely literate nonsense....

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 23:42 - Oct 24 with 2834 viewsDavillin

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 00:08 - Oct 25 with 2785 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I got word from a trusted source who says he has it on good authority that HJ is indeed stepping aside.

If this guy is his replacement, I don't know what to say. On the surface, this looks like an awful move. This is a sports marketing guy that knows nothing about European football, or even the sport of football in general.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 0:09]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 00:20 - Oct 25 with 2752 viewsphact0rri

I suppose this is what a festering wound would feel like... *smh*

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 00:32 - Oct 25 with 2721 viewsSwansNZ

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 00:08 - Oct 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

I got word from a trusted source who says he has it on good authority that HJ is indeed stepping aside.

If this guy is his replacement, I don't know what to say. On the surface, this looks like an awful move. This is a sports marketing guy that knows nothing about European football, or even the sport of football in general.

To be fair, the awful move was done months ago, and can never be undone.
Anything and everything from here, is down to what the “Swans supporting” board did to the club.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 01:35 - Oct 25 with 2637 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 00:08 - Oct 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Bloody hell. Even our American supporters are more ITK now! :)

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 02:56 - Oct 25 with 2592 viewsstAteSwan

Question is are we sure he's going to actually maintain the HJ role? Chief Operating Officer can mean so many different things.

It's not something that logically makes sense. Makes me think he's going to be over the day to day operations of the actual club, but not in charge of player contracts and transfers.
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 04:49 - Oct 25 with 2564 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 02:56 - Oct 25 by stAteSwan

Question is are we sure he's going to actually maintain the HJ role? Chief Operating Officer can mean so many different things.

It's not something that logically makes sense. Makes me think he's going to be over the day to day operations of the actual club, but not in charge of player contracts and transfers.

1) Pearlman is in. I was hoping it means he is taking over Dineen's role, because in no way, shape or form is he qualified to make football decisions.
2) Jenkins, it sounds, is OUT.
3) Due to the coincidental timing of 1 & 2, I cant help but be worried this freaking guy has somehow been trusted to run our fb operations. Surely Levien and Kaplan HAVE to be smarter than this...but you and I live in a nation that is about to elect HRC or Trump as our President. So it's getting hard for me to keep any faith that logic counts for shit, anymore.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 5:01]

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 06:33 - Oct 25 with 2523 viewsphact0rri

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 04:49 - Oct 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

1) Pearlman is in. I was hoping it means he is taking over Dineen's role, because in no way, shape or form is he qualified to make football decisions.
2) Jenkins, it sounds, is OUT.
3) Due to the coincidental timing of 1 & 2, I cant help but be worried this freaking guy has somehow been trusted to run our fb operations. Surely Levien and Kaplan HAVE to be smarter than this...but you and I live in a nation that is about to elect HRC or Trump as our President. So it's getting hard for me to keep any faith that logic counts for shit, anymore.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2016 5:01]

For me... COO is the second in command of a coperation, they oversee the buisness as the CEO's mouth/ears. Honestly this could describe a chairperson. But I don't know if it translates over to a director of football kind of role.

For me they'd have be completely insane, to put a former baseball player, and marketing exec into the front seat of handling transfers and personel for a sport they know very little about, in a continent they have never dealt with before (this organization for the record, only lists US sport in the CV).

I would assume that this Pearlman guy, is coming in as a proper COO as the puppet on strings for the American owners. And that either:

a) Jenkins stays on only in a director of football role (which is the opposite of what the supporters are complaining about)

b) That before january we will be hiring on a new person to be the director of Football.

I could be wrong, but oh my goodness, it will be quite obvious that these new majority shareholders are trying to take command of a ship without knowing starboard from port side.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 07:25 - Oct 25 with 2448 viewsGlyn1

To me it looks like a sensible decision. The new guy to run the commercial side of things, which he is very well qualified to do, leaving Jenkins (or a replacement) to look after the footballing affairs. It's logical.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:06 - Oct 25 with 2396 views34dfgdf54

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 07:25 - Oct 25 by Glyn1

To me it looks like a sensible decision. The new guy to run the commercial side of things, which he is very well qualified to do, leaving Jenkins (or a replacement) to look after the footballing affairs. It's logical.

I'm not really getting the negativity on the board regarding this. It is imperative Jenkins and Dineen need replacing, this is step one, I would be more worried if the Americans couldn't see that.

However, if the trust hasn't been informed then there needs to be questions asked yet again. Can you comment on this at this moment Phil? Ux?
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:23 - Oct 25 with 2355 viewsDewi1jack

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 07:25 - Oct 25 by Glyn1

It seems the most likely scenario.
Pearlman in to increase revenue on the commercial side.
Although the Merrycans could have appointed a hard boiled egg and made a marked improvement to the CD position of Leigh Dimwit.

The front Septics (and their suspected money men) are successful businessmen.
I seriously do believe they know they've been mugged off by our EX board and are now trying to unravel the shambles, to indeed find a way forward.
This may explain their present position with the Trust- they think there was collusion and our sneaky, snidey b'stards are trying to help the Trust by ensuring that the World knows the Trust are totally blameless (kept like Mushrooms!)
Either that, or they believed the hype that the PL is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow
Either way, their fault for not carrying out due diligence themselves.
Although I'm struggling to understand how any company would spend close on £100 million buying a business without making the proper checks

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:25 - Oct 25 with 2350 viewsLeonisGod

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 00:32 - Oct 25 by SwansNZ

To be fair, the awful move was done months ago, and can never be undone.
Anything and everything from here, is down to what the “Swans supporting” board did to the club.

True, but there was a chance things could have been salvaged if we retain some people who know us and what the PL is about. I've said it before, once Huw goes and is replaced by an outsider with no knowledge of either us or the PL, we're stuffed. It's definitely better the devil you know in this case (assuming that devil is bothered any more).
Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:27 - Oct 25 with 2342 viewsSwansNZ

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:25 - Oct 25 by LeonisGod

True, but there was a chance things could have been salvaged if we retain some people who know us and what the PL is about. I've said it before, once Huw goes and is replaced by an outsider with no knowledge of either us or the PL, we're stuffed. It's definitely better the devil you know in this case (assuming that devil is bothered any more).

Yes, but the problem is that it's not up to Huw, he (and the others) sold control.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 08:29 - Oct 25 with 2335 viewsvetchonian

Welcome to Swans new Chief Operating Officer Chris Pearlman on 06:33 - Oct 25 by phact0rri

For me... COO is the second in command of a coperation, they oversee the buisness as the CEO's mouth/ears. Honestly this could describe a chairperson. But I don't know if it translates over to a director of football kind of role.

For me they'd have be completely insane, to put a former baseball player, and marketing exec into the front seat of handling transfers and personel for a sport they know very little about, in a continent they have never dealt with before (this organization for the record, only lists US sport in the CV).

I would assume that this Pearlman guy, is coming in as a proper COO as the puppet on strings for the American owners. And that either:

a) Jenkins stays on only in a director of football role (which is the opposite of what the supporters are complaining about)

b) That before january we will be hiring on a new person to be the director of Football.

I could be wrong, but oh my goodness, it will be quite obvious that these new majority shareholders are trying to take command of a ship without knowing starboard from port side.

Id pitch a name for our new DoF.....Landon Donavon

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024