Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage 12:47 - Dec 19 with 9062 viewsTheResurrection

….with 2 massive games coming up. I think we all know how important these games are but unfortunately so will West Ham and Bournemouth who will also know the fans are on the edge of mutiny and despair.

We really need to get behind Bradley and the team for these 2 games — no matter if Bradley stays or goes in the new year we will never get these 2 winnable games back then. We need at least 3 points preferably more.

Into January we need to make big decisions. I feel the courage behind these decisions are as vital as us bringing in the right players for us.

People will hate me [again] for this but for me Siggy should go. His heart has gone and so has his performances. He feels he’s too good for us now — which is probably the case — but we don’t need that sort of prima donna in the ranks when we are where we are. His 2 mistakes for the opener at Boro have been brushed under the carpet on this site and that itself is wrong. I can’t remember an assist from him from open play all season or a cutting edge cross or through ball. I maybe wrong there but I’m sure even the blindest of his fans would agree he’s been lacking from open play.

- Siggy to go - £25m
- Taylor also £5m
- Ki £10m
- Montero £8m
- Llorente or Baston will either need shipping out or shaping up — Llorente is at best an impact player as I’ve not seen an easier ride for centre halves up against him since Vasquez or Schechter

I think we can raise upwards of £40m and we need to be brave enough to go for these sales but make absolutely sure we give this Premier League one last fight.

We need:-

- At least 1 full back
- A centre half
- A dog in midfield
- A winger or 2
- A striker

This is the scale of our task and has been Bradley’s plight. It’s this much change that’s needed and 4 months overdue. If the Americans are serious about keeping us up or at least not going down without a fight they can chip in another £20/£30m on top of these sales to give us that survival warchest.

The Yanks are business people but shrewd ones at that, so I’d hope they have seen through Jenkins and his useless attempt at playing football God and at least consult a real professional Director of Football type, or even better bring one in.

These decisions should have been going on for at least the last 2 months now and I’ve been banging on to the Trust about this as they should have been in Pearlman’s ear the whole time.

There is so much still to play for!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:11 - Dec 19 with 1374 viewsshandyjack

1. Siggy's value won't drop if we get relegated (see Sissoko)
2. if we sold him for true value £25/30M do you honestly see the full amount getting reinvested
3. Won't be surprised to see him go, he's far to good for our team
4. Would happily sell Ki and Taylor and bring in a CM for that price and rely on Kingsley for rest of the season
5. This is all immaterial due to the cluless one being in charge, it wouldn't matter what business we do we don't stand a chance
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 14:13]

Poll: Expectation for the season

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:11 - Dec 19 with 1382 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:04 - Dec 19 by monmouth

I can't really see beyond the next two games at the moment, and we have what we have for those in terms of player resources. Whether they go well or badly might well decide american transfer strategy in any case.

Whatever happens, to stand any realistic chance in the second half of the season, we need to shore up that bloody defensive capability. The best way to do that will be a real test of the decision makers (whoever they are these days).......for me, it's three or even four new players (full backs, centre back, defensive midfield) and someone somewhere on the (coaching or playing) team that can effectively lead and organise a defence.

If selling Sigurdsson is the price of getting somewhere with that little lot then so be it. Actually I think Siggy wants out now anyway, I'd say his body language for a while has indicated that even when he has put the physical effort in.

You remind me a bit of Siggy — you’re the site darling like he is the team’s — you’re also very moody and your attitude has been questionable for some time. You’re also showing very obvious signs of giving up — can we sell you too? ;-)

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:12 - Dec 19 with 1380 viewsmonmouth

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:11 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

You remind me a bit of Siggy — you’re the site darling like he is the team’s — you’re also very moody and your attitude has been questionable for some time. You’re also showing very obvious signs of giving up — can we sell you too? ;-)

£20m?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:15 - Dec 19 with 1367 viewsShonky

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:04 - Dec 19 by monmouth

I can't really see beyond the next two games at the moment, and we have what we have for those in terms of player resources. Whether they go well or badly might well decide american transfer strategy in any case.

Whatever happens, to stand any realistic chance in the second half of the season, we need to shore up that bloody defensive capability. The best way to do that will be a real test of the decision makers (whoever they are these days).......for me, it's three or even four new players (full backs, centre back, defensive midfield) and someone somewhere on the (coaching or playing) team that can effectively lead and organise a defence.

If selling Sigurdsson is the price of getting somewhere with that little lot then so be it. Actually I think Siggy wants out now anyway, I'd say his body language for a while has indicated that even when he has put the physical effort in.

Where are we going to find a Premier quality defence, for sale,at an affordable price, in two weeks?

Its just a ride...

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:15 - Dec 19 with 1364 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:07 - Dec 19 by NeathJack

If we accept an offer for anyone who has not requested a transfer, we still have to pay their loyalty payments so to say "I think it’s pretty obvious Siggy will get an offer, then that will cost us nothing..." is plainly wrong.

It would cost us millions in terms of his remaining payments. Same with Montero.

That would be offset in the amount we accept you numpty. You think if we sell Siggy for £25/£30m we’d only see £10/£15m??

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:18 - Dec 19 with 1347 viewsLegend83

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:06 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

MOM v Sunderland? I thought that was Leon. I’m not saying he needs to go as he’s a bad player — I just think we need a different type of player and his attitude is getting worse. Have you seen the replays of Boro’s first goal? The 2 mistakes there were a hundred times worse than Amat’s lazy trip in the box, even, but no one has slagged the little side darling off. He’s great technically but he is slow, he can’t go past a player in this league and can’t get stuck in or tackle. His set pieces we’d miss hugely but very little else.

It was terrible touch which is unlike him but he was receiving the pass with back to goal and two Boro players breathing down him.

To be fair, losing the ball there we shouldn't be conceding 15 seconds later - Boro still had a lot to do but somehow we let them a) get a pretty crap cross in; and b) allow Negredo all the time in the world to set himself because both Taylor and Amat thought it would be more effective if they stood 5 yards away.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:20 - Dec 19 with 1335 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:06 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

MOM v Sunderland? I thought that was Leon. I’m not saying he needs to go as he’s a bad player — I just think we need a different type of player and his attitude is getting worse. Have you seen the replays of Boro’s first goal? The 2 mistakes there were a hundred times worse than Amat’s lazy trip in the box, even, but no one has slagged the little side darling off. He’s great technically but he is slow, he can’t go past a player in this league and can’t get stuck in or tackle. His set pieces we’d miss hugely but very little else.

Seriously mate .

Your saying he's not a bad player then saying he can't do anything .

That game against Boro ,yeah he wasn't at his best he didn't give up though kept going .

He's no darling of mine either I'll slag them all off if they deserve it & I have .

Selling our best players have got us in this hole selling more would just dig it deeper .

It's a massive No from me .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:22 - Dec 19 with 1325 viewsNeathJack

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:15 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

That would be offset in the amount we accept you numpty. You think if we sell Siggy for £25/£30m we’d only see £10/£15m??

Well it would depend on the value of the loyalty payments in his contact. If for instance he is due £2m a year in loyalty payments, then that would be £8m (minus any payments already made) off any incoming transfer fee that would come to us.

So suddenly a £20m fee becomes significantly less.

Add to that the fact he is the only player remotely capable of creating anything on even a semi regular basis and you've got yourself a grim proposition.
Login to get fewer ads

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:22 - Dec 19 with 1321 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:18 - Dec 19 by Legend83

It was terrible touch which is unlike him but he was receiving the pass with back to goal and two Boro players breathing down him.

To be fair, losing the ball there we shouldn't be conceding 15 seconds later - Boro still had a lot to do but somehow we let them a) get a pretty crap cross in; and b) allow Negredo all the time in the world to set himself because both Taylor and Amat thought it would be more effective if they stood 5 yards away.

No mate — the crucial mistake was Siggy’s as his pondering on the ball (twice!!) got us all over the shop. He had an easy pass back the way it came but he couldn’t be bothered. Also, he had so much time to do it Rangel made his way forward. That showed a bad facking attitude and he should have been slaughtered for it.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:25 - Dec 19 with 1308 viewsDevz00

Siggy has 5 goals and 5 assists in the league.

He's 10th in the assists charts. I don't know how many are set pieces but if we sell him then we are 100% gone.

Also, nobody would want to join us now anyway. Let alone if we are seen to be selling our very best players.

Interesting stats here - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 14:27]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:25 - Dec 19 with 1305 viewsmonmouth

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:15 - Dec 19 by Shonky

Where are we going to find a Premier quality defence, for sale,at an affordable price, in two weeks?

The short answer is that we aren't. But that's what we need. Loans might be a start? If we just get two players as Jenkins has said, and one of them is the usual mythical super striker, then we've had it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:25 - Dec 19 with 1303 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:22 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

No mate — the crucial mistake was Siggy’s as his pondering on the ball (twice!!) got us all over the shop. He had an easy pass back the way it came but he couldn’t be bothered. Also, he had so much time to do it Rangel made his way forward. That showed a bad facking attitude and he should have been slaughtered for it.

Couldn't be bothered ?

Maybe he was slaughtered for it , because he gave his all second half .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:28 - Dec 19 with 1289 viewsLegend83

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:22 - Dec 19 by TheResurrection

Agreed, he gave up possession by taking a touch (a terrible one at that) whereas one touch back from whence it came or an inside pass to release Rangel were both on the cards.

I'll give him pelters for a terrible touch but I can't blame him solely and directly for the goal that followed, which effectively went through another two phases before it was in the back of the net.

It's a pointless argument anyway - my opinion FWIW is he at most just needs to be rested. Swap him out for Fer (or feck it, give George Byers a go) for a couple of games to get his mojo back.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:30 - Dec 19 with 1278 viewsjasper_T

Even if they're playing poorly we can't afford to lose any of our actual footballers.

Gylfi had been poor and was getting slated on here this time last year. Look how the rest of his season turned out.

The team needs fixing. You don't do that by selling the only players with quality on the books.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:30 - Dec 19 with 1274 viewsCooperman

I don't think we are anywhere near capable of getting through that amount of player trading in a single month.

The January window is notoriously difficult at the best of times let alone when relegation is a major risk. Unless we've had a major upgrade to our recruitment process I think we'll be lucky to get more than 2 in through the door. The CEO will need to pull his finger out.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:36 - Dec 19 with 1167 viewstheloneranger

I think at the mo Gylfi is playing like a man possessed. He's trying to do everything and making too many mistakes. Many of our attacks break down on the edge of the box with his attempted flicks....something that worked well with Wilf.

Perhaps starting him on the bench and letting Fer take his place...I know he's a lazy player and a defensive nightmare.......but there's goals in him from open play, something sadly lacking in the Gylfi of today.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:36 - Dec 19 with 1167 viewsjack247

Wouldn't it just make more sense to get a competent manager in to get the best out of Siggy and the rest?

You are looking at around 10 transfers in the January window and half a new team having to gel very quickly. You are also trusting our board to bring in decent quality from the proceeds of selling Siggy, exactly as they didn't do with the Ayew and Williams money.

It's just not realistic.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:38 - Dec 19 with 1155 viewsCooperman

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:36 - Dec 19 by jack247

Wouldn't it just make more sense to get a competent manager in to get the best out of Siggy and the rest?

You are looking at around 10 transfers in the January window and half a new team having to gel very quickly. You are also trusting our board to bring in decent quality from the proceeds of selling Siggy, exactly as they didn't do with the Ayew and Williams money.

It's just not realistic.

I think it's marginally easier to find 1 appropriate manager and his support team than it is 5 new and decent players.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:38 - Dec 19 with 1150 viewsShonky

No one ever saw Wes Morgan as premier league winning captain fantastic. Its someone like him we are looking for and he cost fk all.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 14:39]

Its just a ride...

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:40 - Dec 19 with 1137 viewsjasper_T

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:38 - Dec 19 by Shonky

No one ever saw Wes Morgan as premier league winning captain fantastic. Its someone like him we are looking for and he cost fk all.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2016 14:39]

The drugs he's on aren't cheap, though.

Wearing off a bit this season, mind.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:44 - Dec 19 with 1120 viewssketty_jack

The team needs major surgery and the time for that was last summer. Even if we had a decent scouting and recruitment set up and had all the required players lined up with the money and desire to go get them at the start of the window, what player would want to come here and be managed by that gormless idiot, destined for relegation?
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:46 - Dec 19 with 1111 viewsLegend83

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:44 - Dec 19 by sketty_jack

The team needs major surgery and the time for that was last summer. Even if we had a decent scouting and recruitment set up and had all the required players lined up with the money and desire to go get them at the start of the window, what player would want to come here and be managed by that gormless idiot, destined for relegation?

Nail. Head.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:48 - Dec 19 with 1102 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:20 - Dec 19 by oh_tommy_tommy

Seriously mate .

Your saying he's not a bad player then saying he can't do anything .

That game against Boro ,yeah he wasn't at his best he didn't give up though kept going .

He's no darling of mine either I'll slag them all off if they deserve it & I have .

Selling our best players have got us in this hole selling more would just dig it deeper .

It's a massive No from me .

Yeah — I did and stand by everything I said. Monmouth has said the same. We all know Siggy and what he can and can’t give and bad games aside, his head isn’t with us it seems. I also think we need someone with different qualities to his in a dog fight. Someone that won’t get muscled off the ball, someone street wise, someone that can get us ten yards further up the field quicker by going past a man, that sort of thing. This season, all he’s good for is set pieces — and yeah he’s deadly at those but is that enough?

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:57 - Dec 19 with 1072 viewsglanmorjak

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:07 - Dec 19 by NeathJack

If we accept an offer for anyone who has not requested a transfer, we still have to pay their loyalty payments so to say "I think it’s pretty obvious Siggy will get an offer, then that will cost us nothing..." is plainly wrong.

It would cost us millions in terms of his remaining payments. Same with Montero.

I have no doubts that once Pearlman has come to terms with the way the Commercial/sponsorship departments are run, Dineen will be on his way, while I also believe the Yanks have changed their opinion of Jenkins to such an extent that it is quite worrying as to who they will take advice from when it comes to not only signing or selling players but eventually sacking Bradley. A couple of performances like last week's at WBA and Boro will see them eat humble pie and send him on his way. That's the easy bit, the hardest is deciding who to take over from him.

What is vitally important, is that the 3 points difference does not extend by more than another 3/4 points before the window re-opens.

Hopefully Ki can be offloaded for more than we paid for him but if there are serious bids for Gylfi of anything more than £15M, it must be taken. Apart from being without a dead ball specialist in Gylfi, I think Fer could quite easily take over in the role further upfield that doesn't see him have the responsibility for tracking back.

Will we get £5M for Taylor. If we do it means there are some mugs out there other than at our club.
Likewise for Montero, I don't think we will get £4M for him, but if serious money is offered for Barrow then he to can go. He is still raw but playing football in a team that isn't looking over their shoulder at relegation is a different kind of pressure to the pressure he finds himself under now and quite possibly the reason why he is struggling for consistency.

The January window usually sees very little quality available and when it does, they won't come cheap. Naughton and Cork haven't become poor players overnight, and it isn't that long ago that Cork in particular was deemed a bargain after signing from Saints.

Getting the 3 quality players in won't be easy, but if it can be achieved at full back, centre back and midfield at least, then it only takes a couple of wins to turn round a team low in confidence currently into one that can keep clean sheets and put pressure on the teams above them as the matches count down.
Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:58 - Dec 19 with 1070 viewsTheResurrection

Sell Siggy - We are 3 points worse off than we were last season at this stage on 14:28 - Dec 19 by Legend83

Agreed, he gave up possession by taking a touch (a terrible one at that) whereas one touch back from whence it came or an inside pass to release Rangel were both on the cards.

I'll give him pelters for a terrible touch but I can't blame him solely and directly for the goal that followed, which effectively went through another two phases before it was in the back of the net.

It's a pointless argument anyway - my opinion FWIW is he at most just needs to be rested. Swap him out for Fer (or feck it, give George Byers a go) for a couple of games to get his mojo back.

The only mistake in that goal was his — the rest you could argue could have done better — but they didn’t make a mistake.
When play is turned over on the half way line needlessly it is borderline criminal. Especially as he had time and options. I was disgusted with him in for that. Mawson got dragged over leaving confusion in the shape — all caused by Siggy not passing back or to Rangel and him just not being there. Amat and Taylor were scrambling back and in a way they were unlucky the ball was played backwards, but they arguably could have done better closing down — but ultimately they did not make a mistake.

For you to even try and make a case to excuse him says it all really. Imagine if that was Routs?!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024