Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Currently over in New York 02:16 - Dec 20 with 10093 viewsmarchamjack

And fair to say, if our owners were hoping that Bradley would ignite some Stateside interest, then I've seen zero evidence of it so far.

Watched NBC Sports and ESPN PL highlights programmes and aside from showing the goals in our game, no mention of Bob. Bit like watching MOTD really, we were on last I think and no special mention of our Bob.

The US still totally obsessed by American football in particular. We and Bob seem the non-entities we no doubt are to 99% of the sport watching population.

Did read a piece in USA Today (I think it was) which blamed Bob's poor showing on the fact we don't like him cos he's American and speaks like an American...glossed over fact he's been sht funnily enough.

Anyway, still waiting for someone to ask me over here what I think of Bob? Will make sure not to mention he's sht cos he's American...

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Currently over in New York on 22:43 - Dec 20 with 1389 viewsDavillin

Currently over in New York on 22:15 - Dec 20 by eljinca

As a Swans fan in America I agree with this post. I picked the Swans because I loved the style of play, attitude and spirit of the players and club after promotion and have supported them ever since. That said, American fandom of any European club is different and I wouldn't presume to understand what the club means to the community, because I can't. I can, however, support the club as best I can from abroad.

As others have said on here, American football fandom is mostly country over club. Having watched the USMNT for 25+ years, I was appalled when Bradley was hired. His style of management is a direct anathema to the Swansea Way: pragmatic, out-hustled, out endurance other teams. The style worked for the USMNT, since there isn't the talent to play any other way. For this club, however, an absolute shambles. He was sacked when the US Soccer Federation wanted to take the next step and play a more attractive brand of football (that also didn't work out very well).

The signing of Bradley has promoted the club to the US market - all the games are now on TV, never before - but that means nothing if it changes the club from what made me love it to begin with.

The new ownership has been a disaster top to bottom. They should be ashamed of the state of the club right now and every misstep is directly on them. Almost all are "unforced errors" from ownership. There are clear holes on the roster (fullbacks have been weak for 2+ years) that are never addressed. If the roster isn't substantially strengthened in January to push towards safety, I hope all fans publicly voice their displeasure in every way possible.

Our club is good enough to stay up but with this ownership and manager, I'm looking for ways to watch Championship games in the US.

Good post comes from an excellent understanding of sports in the States. Thanks.

p.s. I've been with the Swans almost as long as you have been watching the USMNT. We are in 100% solid agreement about USMNT under Bradley. I couldn't watch his teams play. If you can imagine it, his Swans actually look better.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Currently over in New York on 00:26 - Dec 21 with 1318 viewsDJack

Currently over in New York on 18:28 - Dec 20 by jack2jack

DJ WTF is a FERDY I've looked on the web can't find it any where,just asking like,cheers in advance

You're new round these part's ain't you son.

...being serious now, search this site and you'll get the gist.

Also, just as i'm helpful (all donations gratefully accepted ) It comes from this sites predecessor when an article on a Les Ferdinand move was mentioned as a "new" thread topic repeatedly throughout the day. i.e. the subject was not new but repeatedly posted by users who themselves thought it to be new info.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Currently over in New York on 07:17 - Dec 21 with 1266 viewssomersetsimon

Currently over in New York on 22:15 - Dec 20 by eljinca

As a Swans fan in America I agree with this post. I picked the Swans because I loved the style of play, attitude and spirit of the players and club after promotion and have supported them ever since. That said, American fandom of any European club is different and I wouldn't presume to understand what the club means to the community, because I can't. I can, however, support the club as best I can from abroad.

As others have said on here, American football fandom is mostly country over club. Having watched the USMNT for 25+ years, I was appalled when Bradley was hired. His style of management is a direct anathema to the Swansea Way: pragmatic, out-hustled, out endurance other teams. The style worked for the USMNT, since there isn't the talent to play any other way. For this club, however, an absolute shambles. He was sacked when the US Soccer Federation wanted to take the next step and play a more attractive brand of football (that also didn't work out very well).

The signing of Bradley has promoted the club to the US market - all the games are now on TV, never before - but that means nothing if it changes the club from what made me love it to begin with.

The new ownership has been a disaster top to bottom. They should be ashamed of the state of the club right now and every misstep is directly on them. Almost all are "unforced errors" from ownership. There are clear holes on the roster (fullbacks have been weak for 2+ years) that are never addressed. If the roster isn't substantially strengthened in January to push towards safety, I hope all fans publicly voice their displeasure in every way possible.

Our club is good enough to stay up but with this ownership and manager, I'm looking for ways to watch Championship games in the US.

I'd happily take some hustling and endurance from the team at the moment.

Currently over in New York on 07:31 - Dec 21 with 1260 viewsLeonWasGod

Currently over in New York on 22:43 - Dec 20 by Davillin

Good post comes from an excellent understanding of sports in the States. Thanks.

p.s. I've been with the Swans almost as long as you have been watching the USMNT. We are in 100% solid agreement about USMNT under Bradley. I couldn't watch his teams play. If you can imagine it, his Swans actually look better.

It's the old guard Swans players with the embedded passing philosophy who are making this Bob team look better than the USMNT though (Leon, Rangel, Amat, Siggy will pass and move all day long under any manager). The one thing we were promised with Bob, that "indomitable American spirit" where we will out fight other teams, seems very absent.
Currently over in New York on 09:30 - Dec 21 with 1209 viewsjohnlangy

Currently over in New York on 14:42 - Dec 20 by swanmageddon

Bit surprised at the reaction, as you all have gone and done the same exact thing you would have expected, taking me as a representative as whatever shadowy entity you think is currently embroiled in a conspiracy to buy Swansea and make them fail.

1. You will find 1 centered area of discussion. http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/bob-bradley-swansea.2026609/ Have at it, try your best!

2. People that have followed the trials and tribulations of American Soccer do have a big chip on the shoulder regarding the Anti-American biases in Europe. How players don't get chances, how if they do get chances, they have incredibly short leashes. Same goes for Bob now I guess - but it's warranted if a player or coach has been awful. Most haven't been, yet still get treated this way. Any articles or outlets now are simply people who don't know how the game works, the time to write about bias isn't now.

3. I cannot justify Bradley's appointment, as I have been told by the people I work for to simply spread propaganda and not reveal my affiliations. Thank you for understanding!

4. Clearly American owners wanted to give one of their guys a shot, and why not. Don't like it? Buy your own club.

That's a strange post to say the least but point 4 is incredible. Do you actually support ANY team of any code ? And I mean support not follow the latest fashionable Club.

I'm not scoring points here but my first game watching the Swans was either 1957 or 58. And you're suggesting that now, myself and all the other Swans supporters should buy 'another 'Club'.

Sorry pal but that is so stupid. What on earth is your definition of support ?
Currently over in New York on 10:15 - Dec 21 with 1175 viewsSoberBaker

Currently over in New York on 14:42 - Dec 20 by swanmageddon

Bit surprised at the reaction, as you all have gone and done the same exact thing you would have expected, taking me as a representative as whatever shadowy entity you think is currently embroiled in a conspiracy to buy Swansea and make them fail.

1. You will find 1 centered area of discussion. http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/bob-bradley-swansea.2026609/ Have at it, try your best!

2. People that have followed the trials and tribulations of American Soccer do have a big chip on the shoulder regarding the Anti-American biases in Europe. How players don't get chances, how if they do get chances, they have incredibly short leashes. Same goes for Bob now I guess - but it's warranted if a player or coach has been awful. Most haven't been, yet still get treated this way. Any articles or outlets now are simply people who don't know how the game works, the time to write about bias isn't now.

3. I cannot justify Bradley's appointment, as I have been told by the people I work for to simply spread propaganda and not reveal my affiliations. Thank you for understanding!

4. Clearly American owners wanted to give one of their guys a shot, and why not. Don't like it? Buy your own club.

"1. You will find 1 centered area of discussion. http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/bob-bradley-swansea.2026609/ Have at it, try your best! "

Thanks for the link.

That place looks ripe for some good ol' fashioned, drunken, Christmas trolling.

You signing up, Fath/HighJack?

AMOW

Currently over in New York on 10:29 - Dec 21 with 1157 viewsBanosswan

Currently over in New York on 10:15 - Dec 21 by SoberBaker

"1. You will find 1 centered area of discussion. http://forums.bigsoccer.com/threads/bob-bradley-swansea.2026609/ Have at it, try your best! "

Thanks for the link.

Wow, they're really wound up about this accent thing.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Currently over in New York on 12:01 - Dec 21 with 1090 viewsDafyddHuw

Currently over in New York on 10:29 - Dec 21 by Banosswan

Wow, they're really wound up about this accent thing.

Innit. Like I posted earlier, massive inferiority complex.

Apparently, it's all our fault. Any excuse you can think of, except the true one. They just can't accept that Coach Bob is a steaming pile of shit.
Login to get fewer ads

Currently over in New York on 12:44 - Dec 21 with 1072 viewsjack2jack

Currently over in New York on 00:26 - Dec 21 by DJack

You're new round these part's ain't you son.

...being serious now, search this site and you'll get the gist.

Also, just as i'm helpful (all donations gratefully accepted ) It comes from this sites predecessor when an article on a Les Ferdinand move was mentioned as a "new" thread topic repeatedly throughout the day. i.e. the subject was not new but repeatedly posted by users who themselves thought it to be new info.

Yeah only been on here for a couple of months, I get it now thanks for the info
cheers DJack
Currently over in New York on 13:47 - Dec 21 with 1046 viewsSwanjaxs

Currently over in New York on 10:15 - Dec 21 by SoberBaker

Thanks for the link.

I've resisted the temptation to click on this link, but hey I'm off tonight and up for a few drinks, so perhaps a bit of trolling wouldn't harm would it🤔.... who's with me? 😊

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Currently over in New York on 13:49 - Dec 21 with 1039 viewsblueytheblue

Currently over in New York on 13:47 - Dec 21 by Swanjaxs

I've resisted the temptation to click on this link, but hey I'm off tonight and up for a few drinks, so perhaps a bit of trolling wouldn't harm would it🤔.... who's with me? 😊

You want any outside help?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Currently over in New York on 13:52 - Dec 21 with 1033 viewsSwanjaxs

Currently over in New York on 13:49 - Dec 21 by blueytheblue

You want any outside help?

Definitely! Let's go get em bluey my old mucka 👍 #togetherstronger

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Currently over in New York on 14:20 - Dec 21 with 1006 viewsSwanjaxs

Welcome aboard bluey son, I'm the post under yours, don't be fooled by my conciliatory first post, just getting my feet under the table and keeping my powder dry for later 😎👍

Currently over in New York on 14:24 - Dec 21 with 993 viewsblueytheblue

Shhhh. Spies everywhere.

Loose lips cause syphilis and all that.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Currently over in New York on 15:49 - Dec 21 with 937 viewsRogerstone

I wouldn't go to USA at the moment. US$ rate is shocking against the £ lol

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

Currently over in New York on 17:44 - Dec 21 with 857 viewsmarchamjack

Currently over in New York on 15:49 - Dec 21 by Rogerstone

I wouldn't go to USA at the moment. US$ rate is shocking against the £ lol

My God it is! Expensive over here compared to other times in the States!

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Currently over in New York on 13:03 - Dec 22 with 764 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The joys of Brexit - Also, having most Americans think Farage is the Prime Minister!

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Currently over in New York on 14:15 - Dec 22 with 723 viewsdeanscfc

Might be ok if we actually won some games.
Currently over in New York on 15:15 - Dec 22 with 690 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Best random Swans conversation I had in a NY bar was a lad loving Michu in his FF team.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024