Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins 21:37 - Dec 28 with 3838 viewsGowerjack

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/dec/28/bob-bradley-swansea-chairm

An excellent read both the article and the reader comments.

#jenkinsout

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 22:59 - Dec 28 with 2986 viewsVetchitBack

Pretty much spot on.

How both our squad and starting eleven have been allowed to get to this state of depletion looks wilfully negligent?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:08 - Dec 28 with 2941 viewsPrivate_Partz

Lots of good points but complete bollocks on Guidolin. Jenkins mistake was not giving him a contract but not standing by him whilst the Yanks pushed for Bob to come in. Frankie may not have been a fix all solution but we would have been in a much more stable condition now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:14 - Dec 28 with 2912 viewsdobjack2

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:08 - Dec 28 by Private_Partz

Lots of good points but complete bollocks on Guidolin. Jenkins mistake was not giving him a contract but not standing by him whilst the Yanks pushed for Bob to come in. Frankie may not have been a fix all solution but we would have been in a much more stable condition now.

We should have said thanks to Guidolin at the end of the season and looked to bring in a long term manager. However the process of getting that manager would have detracted from the more important business of the share sale.

We took an easy and cheap option.
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:15 - Dec 28 with 2907 viewsjasper_T

"In May last year Swansea finished eighth in the Premier League with a club-record points total. Their attractive and distinctive playing style — “The Swansea Way” — was deeply ingrained and integral to their success."

Nonsense, it was dead long before then. The record finish was achieved with "Plan B".
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:22 - Dec 28 with 2869 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:15 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

"In May last year Swansea finished eighth in the Premier League with a club-record points total. Their attractive and distinctive playing style — “The Swansea Way” — was deeply ingrained and integral to their success."

Nonsense, it was dead long before then. The record finish was achieved with "Plan B".

Yep agree another bit of bollo. Missed that one. Appointing Monk after wrongly sacking ML was another mistake. Particularly as Ronald K was waiting in the wings.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:30 - Dec 28 with 2832 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:14 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

We should have said thanks to Guidolin at the end of the season and looked to bring in a long term manager. However the process of getting that manager would have detracted from the more important business of the share sale.

Agree to disagree I guess. Frankie could have been a failure this season but, whilst they were distracted by share sales, going for The Bob option on the whim of the Yanks has clearly been a disaster. The cheaper option would have at least bought us time and my personal opinion is we may even have progressed the following season with a decent DOF working with FG. We will never know. I just hope we can now get someone decent in but I suspect this will be a difficult task without giving them full control and a war chest.£5m ain't going to do it.

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:31 - Dec 28 with 2829 viewsTheResurrection

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:22 - Dec 28 by Private_Partz

Yep agree another bit of bollo. Missed that one. Appointing Monk after wrongly sacking ML was another mistake. Particularly as Ronald K was waiting in the wings.

FFS he's a journalist not Mark Crutches.

The article as a whole hits the spot so lets not be childish about it. At least now more people are talking about Jenkins and Co who are the real cause of our issues.

I'm also glad this has come out today after that Trust endorsement of him - at least it re-focuses our attention back on him again..

What's with this scouting malarky?? WTF is all that about?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:34 - Dec 28 with 2813 viewsUplandsJack

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:15 - Dec 28 by jasper_T

Absolutely, it gripes my shit how all these pressers go on how great Monk was. Christ he took us further away from "the Swansea way" than any manager, well apart from Bob.
I listened to a half cut Leighton on radio Wales earlier going on how it all went tits up AFTER Monk got axed....

But it was at least refreshing to see the press are now onto HJ.....

#JenkinsOut
Login to get fewer ads

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:37 - Dec 28 with 2793 viewsdobjack2

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:30 - Dec 28 by Private_Partz

Agree to disagree I guess. Frankie could have been a failure this season but, whilst they were distracted by share sales, going for The Bob option on the whim of the Yanks has clearly been a disaster. The cheaper option would have at least bought us time and my personal opinion is we may even have progressed the following season with a decent DOF working with FG. We will never know. I just hope we can now get someone decent in but I suspect this will be a difficult task without giving them full control and a war chest.£5m ain't going to do it.

No problems with agreeing to disagree.

One year further on and two more managers gone. We had enough problems getting a manager then on the terms and conditions we were offering.

With an even worse situation would a new manager demand a say in the transfer window and would we give it to them or are there people out there desperate enough for a job who will accept what they are given?
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:39 - Dec 28 with 2773 views34dfgdf54

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:31 - Dec 28 by TheResurrection

The article as a whole hits the spot so lets not be childish about it. At least now more people are talking about Jenkins and Co who are the real cause of our issues.

I'm also glad this has come out today after that Trust endorsement of him - at least it re-focuses our attention back on him again..

Been wondering about the scouting comment myself
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:48 - Dec 28 with 2744 viewsCambJack

Makes for pretty sobering reading, I'm sure even Jenkins will shed a tear into his Dom Perignon reading how his legacy is in tatters after just a few awful decisions. We escaped disaster last season and nothing was done to make sure it wasn't repeated, and the board dragged their feet through player recruitment, decision on Guidolin and his replacement. Let's hope they act decisively this transfer window and for once get it right
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:49 - Dec 28 with 2742 viewsGowerjack

Yep.

Judas Jenkins the cause of our fall from grace.

He's been incompetent for at least the last 3 years.

Trousered £8 million big ones for selling his soul.

Then robbing the club of £1370 per day in "wages" for being completely f ucking useless at his job.

Nice one.

#jenkinsout

Plastic since 1974

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:49 - Dec 28 with 2736 viewsDarran

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:39 - Dec 28 by 34dfgdf54

Been wondering about the scouting comment myself

Its obvious,why the fuçk would Swansea scouts be watching Swansea play?

Who are they going to scout?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:52 - Dec 28 with 2725 views34dfgdf54

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:49 - Dec 28 by Darran

Its obvious,why the fuçk would Swansea scouts be watching Swansea play?

Who are they going to scout?

I know that you thick c*nt I'm wondering why the f*ck it's happening for.
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:55 - Dec 28 with 2707 viewsDarran

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:52 - Dec 28 by 34dfgdf54

I know that you thick c*nt I'm wondering why the f*ck it's happening for.

It's obvious,nobody's telling them they should be out watching other games.

It was the same under Hollins this is nothing new,Glan Letheran was goalkeeper coach and chief scout and he was at every Swansea game home and away. I actually posted about it on the old version of this forum jackarmy and someone replied he's needed at our games to warm the keepers up.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 00:01 - Dec 29 with 2690 viewsGowerjack

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:55 - Dec 28 by Darran

It's obvious,nobody's telling them they should be out watching other games.

It was the same under Hollins this is nothing new,Glan Letheran was goalkeeper coach and chief scout and he was at every Swansea game home and away. I actually posted about it on the old version of this forum jackarmy and someone replied he's needed at our games to warm the keepers up.

Pross

It's so they can see how bad we are and Identify where we need strengthening.

Like at left back,centre halves,right back,defensive midfielder,creative midfielder,left wing,right wing and striker.

Obviously.

#jenkinsout
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 0:03]

Plastic since 1974

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 07:42 - Dec 29 with 2469 viewsPrivate_Partz

Personally I am fed up of journalist spouting their opinions when they have not been following the situation fully and then chuck in fillers that are incorrect. The reporter got many things right but there were errors. Crucial ones in fact as I think we would have been in a much better place had FG been kept on. Childish for pointing it out? It is just an opinion. It makes the world go round ;-)

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 08:04 - Dec 29 with 2407 viewsKilkennyjack

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:49 - Dec 28 by Gowerjack

Yep.

Judas Jenkins the cause of our fall from grace.

He's been incompetent for at least the last 3 years.

Trousered £8 million big ones for selling his soul.

Then robbing the club of £1370 per day in "wages" for being completely f ucking useless at his job.

Nice one.

#jenkinsout

Hard to disagree. #jenkinsout

Beware of the Risen People

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 08:40 - Dec 29 with 2329 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:37 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

No problems with agreeing to disagree.

One year further on and two more managers gone. We had enough problems getting a manager then on the terms and conditions we were offering.

With an even worse situation would a new manager demand a say in the transfer window and would we give it to them or are there people out there desperate enough for a job who will accept what they are given?

Fully agree on that one. Anyone with a decent pedigree will be very costly.

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 08:59 - Dec 29 with 2258 viewsbarry_island

All I would disagree with is that it is not just Jenkins. Not SOME but ALL selling shareholders have collective responsibility for our situation. The local ones must feel the most ASHAMED of their actions.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 09:08 - Dec 29 with 2206 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

One comment sums it up for me.....

This is actually truly painful to watch unfold. I may be a Liverpool supporter, but as with all supporters of one club or another, there are other sides we admire. Swansea were all about everything we hold in our ideals - local ownership, strong links to the community, a promotion system from within, an attractive style that held from manager to manager, season to season. If you were told before 2015-16 that a team from outside the traditional powers would shock the world and win the League, you'd have picked Swansea 50 times before you'd pick Leicester. The Swans were that good. Frankly, I worry that if they go down they'll never come up again and that would be a bloody shame. Good luck to all the Swans' supporters - I've got fingers crossed for you.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 09:51 - Dec 29 with 2108 viewsSwansNZ

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 00:01 - Dec 29 by Gowerjack

Pross

Like at left back,centre halves,right back,defensive midfielder,creative midfielder,left wing,right wing and striker.

Obviously.

#jenkinsout

And goalkeeper

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 10:45 - Dec 29 with 1996 viewsDafyddHuw

For an outsider looking in, that article was pretty insightful. Well said Stuart James.

The Ryan Giggs sentence apart, the CarrieGoldman comment nailed it.
Reading the comments, we are the laughing stock of the Prem. And quite rightly so.

HJ and the yanks - you've got so much to be sorry for. I was going to say "I hope you all die of cancer", but I thought that was a bit harsh. On second thoughts....
[Post edited 29 Dec 2016 10:59]
The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 10:53 - Dec 29 with 1962 viewsmonmouth

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 00:01 - Dec 29 by Gowerjack

Pross

Obviously.

#jenkinsout

It's why we target so many players that have one good game against us. They are the only ones that the Scouts see. Cunning.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 11:04 - Dec 29 with 1916 viewsmax936

The Guardian blame Judas Jenkins on 23:14 - Dec 28 by dobjack2

This last summer was all about Jenkins and his cronies getting the biggest buck for their shares, everything else paled into insignificance for them all.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024