Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? 13:16 - Jan 22 with 10539 viewsStarsky

The BT commentator touched on this yesterday.

I know we've beaten the very best in the last 6 years but yesterday... Liverpool would have gone second if they'd won against a Swansea side bottom of the table with a squad deemed not good enough and a defence that was stated, the worst defence in Europe.

We go 2-0 up and I was just waiting for the comeback, just like in 1981 at Anfield.

Well, it happened and at 2-2 it was almost inevitable that if any team got the winner it would be Liverpool. That winner for us, still going forward to get a goal on the break was richly deserved.

History has been made and it's our first ever League win at Anfield, who hadn't lost at home for over a year.

For me... this is our finest win in 6 a Premier years, given the current circumstances.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:19]

It's just the internet, init.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:17 - Jan 22 with 1876 viewsjasper_T

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:51 - Jan 22 by morningstar

Spot on Jasp, they're only the most successful club in British football history after all!

When did they last win the league? How often do the compete in the Champions League?

I'm bored of beating big sides at their places. Been there done that.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:19 - Jan 22 with 1871 viewsexiledclaseboy

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:17 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

When did they last win the league? How often do the compete in the Champions League?

So what then? Should we lose at big clubs to relieve your boredom. Cos we've done a fair bit of that over the last six years too.

Poll: Tory leader

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:20 - Jan 22 with 1868 viewsjasper_T

Unless you're a Liverpool fan I don't know how you can consider beating Liverpool to be a more remarkable result than beating one of the big 4 teams of the modern Premier League era.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:21 - Jan 22 with 1866 viewsjasper_T

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:19 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

So what then? Should we lose at big clubs to relieve your boredom. Cos we've done a fair bit of that over the last six years too.

I want to see us beat more lower league teams in the cup.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:22 - Jan 22 with 1859 viewsDarran

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:51 - Jan 22 by morningstar

Spot on Jasp, they're only the most successful club in British football history after all!

All depends in what way you mean successful. They've won more ECs but I wouldn't say they're the most successful.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:24 - Jan 22 with 1853 viewsmorningstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:17 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

Manchester United didn't win the league for 26 years and we're even relegated during that time, but they still were Manchester United. And the same goes for Liverpool. To even say it's 'only Liverpool ffs' and mention Chelsea in the same breath shows that you have no idea what you are talking about!......as usual.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:26 - Jan 22 with 1845 viewsRancid

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:20 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

Unless you're a Liverpool fan I don't know how you can consider beating Liverpool to be a more remarkable result than beating one of the big 4 teams of the modern Premier League era.

I know but Klopp has turned them into genuine title contenders again and a win yesterday would have kept it going.They're a very good side this season and winning at anfield for the first time in the league ever was as good as it gets for me.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:27 - Jan 22 with 1838 viewsswancity

Not when we have been bottom of the table with off field problems and given virtually no hope by anyone of winning.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Login to get fewer ads

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:27 - Jan 22 with 1836 viewsJack_Kass

Let's gets more points in the remaining 16 games and then we can talk about being impressed, all summer long.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:30 - Jan 22 with 1825 viewsmorningstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:22 - Jan 22 by Darran

All depends in what way you mean successful. They've won more ECs but I wouldn't say they're the most successful.

Ok, it's arguable between them and Man Utd, but it doesn't excuse you being a pedantic tvvat does it!

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:30 - Jan 22 with 1824 viewsJack_Kass

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:26 - Jan 22 by Rancid

I know but Klopp has turned them into genuine title contenders again and a win yesterday would have kept it going.They're a very good side this season and winning at anfield for the first time in the league ever was as good as it gets for me.

They've still got a hell of a shift to put in between now and May. Beating Liverpool means f**k all if we finish 18th.

If you were talking to them like that in the changing rooms after the game, they'd all be booking their holidays the day after.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:32 - Jan 22 with 1813 viewsDarran

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:30 - Jan 22 by morningstar

Ok, it's arguable between them and Man Utd, but it doesn't excuse you being a pedantic tvvat does it!

Fuçk off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:42 - Jan 22 with 1781 viewsmorningstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:32 - Jan 22 by Darran

Fuçk off.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:44 - Jan 22 with 1768 viewsRancid

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:30 - Jan 22 by Jack_Kass

They've still got a hell of a shift to put in between now and May. Beating Liverpool means f**k all if we finish 18th.

If you were talking to them like that in the changing rooms after the game, they'd all be booking their holidays the day after.

I'm pretty sure the players would have had a massive lift after that win and with our new signings making the difference it's all the more sweeter.

And honestly, why would Clement or i even entertain the thought that the win was enough to make us safe? It was all about the confidence yesterday and the lift it would have given the players.That result could prove so important to our season and against a side unberaten in a year there.

Reasons to be cheerful.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 01:38 - Jan 23 with 1652 viewsRuDeMan1970

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:39 - Jan 22 by Brynmill_Jack

In order of impressiveness of performance and importancw combined :-

1. Liverpool 2 - 3 Swansea
2. Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea
3. Swansea 1 - 0 Man City
4. QPR 0 - 5 Swansea

* The League cup wins at Anfield and more so vs the current European Champions Chelsea over two legs also deserve a mention

Agree with you 100% Bryn

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 01:50 - Jan 23 with 1648 viewsmajorraglan

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:39 - Jan 22 by Brynmill_Jack

In order of impressiveness of performance and importancw combined :-

1. Liverpool 2 - 3 Swansea
2. Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea
3. Swansea 1 - 0 Man City
4. QPR 0 - 5 Swansea

* The League cup wins at Anfield and more so vs the current European Champions Chelsea over two legs also deserve a mention

It's not PL, but as you are highlighting big performance the Europa League win in Valencia is also up there.

These are all games which would have made people sit up and take note of Swansea City.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 07:37 - Jan 23 with 1586 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 01:50 - Jan 23 by majorraglan

It's not PL, but as you are highlighting big performance the Europa League win in Valencia is also up there.

These are all games which would have made people sit up and take note of Swansea City.

I knew I should have included that ! Massive victory for any club let alone ours Major!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 09:39 - Jan 23 with 1511 viewsjasper_T

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 01:50 - Jan 23 by majorraglan

People only seem to have noticed that Liverpool slipped up against one of the worst teams in the league after Saturday.

Swansea City barely gets a mention.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 10:12 - Jan 23 with 1500 viewsPrivate_Partz

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 07:37 - Jan 23 by Brynmill_Jack

I knew I should have included that ! Massive victory for any club let alone ours Major!

I always think that it was a different type of game. Not the most important but gave us massive publicity and was just about the best away trip any of us lucky effers could have gone on.
Has the top bloke who posted the lovely sunset over the city still got it ? Love to see it again. Cheers me up no end, not that I need much after this weekend ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 11:09 - Jan 23 with 1477 viewskarnataka

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 10:12 - Jan 23 by Private_Partz

I always think that it was a different type of game. Not the most important but gave us massive publicity and was just about the best away trip any of us lucky effers could have gone on.
Has the top bloke who posted the lovely sunset over the city still got it ? Love to see it again. Cheers me up no end, not that I need much after this weekend ;-)

There you go PP, just for you!

And one of the scoreboard with the sunset reflected in it (love this one, like a BOGOF)

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 11:53 - Jan 23 with 1462 viewsKrisP

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:20 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

Perhaps because we were in the relegation zone and favourites to go down and they were attempting to go second? I find that to be more impressive than beating Man Utd or Arsenal away when we were considered a mid table side.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 12:43 - Jan 23 with 1440 viewsPrivate_Partz

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 11:09 - Jan 23 by karnataka

There you go PP, just for you!

And one of the scoreboard with the sunset reflected in it (love this one, like a BOGOF)

Hey thanks. You are very kind. Wonderful sight. Sorry for late reply. Morning chores :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 12:58 - Jan 23 with 1431 viewsjasper_T

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 11:53 - Jan 23 by KrisP

Perhaps because we were in the relegation zone and favourites to go down and they were attempting to go second? I find that to be more impressive than beating Man Utd or Arsenal away when we were considered a mid table side.

I found us far more impressive when we had a good team but maybe I'm weird.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:06 - Jan 23 with 1425 viewsPrivate_Partz

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 12:58 - Jan 23 by jasper_T

I think it is all relative.
It was impressive, not only because of the damage that Bob had done to us, but the organisation, game plan and the belief we had to come again after they had drawn level.
A better team will always be more impressive to watch but this victory was very impressive due to the circumstances relating to what has been going on this season plus we were fielding two new players.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:43 - Jan 23 with 1387 viewsAngelRangelQS

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 12:58 - Jan 23 by jasper_T

So Chelsea beating Liverpool is more impressive than Accrington Stanley beating Liverpool because Chelsea have a better team?

Surely the fact that we've had a terrible season, on our third manager, conceded something like 20 goals in our last 6 league games and were playing a side capable of ripping anyone apart who haven't lost at home in a year was pretty damn impressive, irrespective of what we've done in previous seasons?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024