Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? 13:16 - Jan 22 with 10538 viewsStarsky

The BT commentator touched on this yesterday.

I know we've beaten the very best in the last 6 years but yesterday... Liverpool would have gone second if they'd won against a Swansea side bottom of the table with a squad deemed not good enough and a defence that was stated, the worst defence in Europe.

We go 2-0 up and I was just waiting for the comeback, just like in 1981 at Anfield.

Well, it happened and at 2-2 it was almost inevitable that if any team got the winner it would be Liverpool. That winner for us, still going forward to get a goal on the break was richly deserved.

History has been made and it's our first ever League win at Anfield, who hadn't lost at home for over a year.

For me... this is our finest win in 6 a Premier years, given the current circumstances.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 13:19]

It's just the internet, init.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:33 - Jan 22 with 2671 viewsStarsky

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:30 - Jan 22 by veng9

I don't think it was our most impressive win either but West Ham definitely weren't on the beach. I remember their fans being very annoyed with the result because it realistically ended their chances of getting top 4. They were only 5 points off Manchester City in 4th after the game but a win could've taken that to 2 points off with 2 games left to play.

They played like they were on the beach, lol

It's just the internet, init.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 15:40 - Jan 22 with 2640 viewsBloodyhills

Given the context, yes.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:29 - Jan 22 with 2548 viewsJack_Kass

Luke Moore with the header against Man City

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:43 - Jan 22 with 2514 viewsjasper_T

Nowhere near, sensationalist nonsense.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:46 - Jan 22 with 2494 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 14:46 - Jan 22 by STID2017

You are a price idiot.
You did nothing but slag the team off, then when they proof you and many others wrong with an outstanding performance and result (especially given how bad the team was and how low in confidence) you still don't have the good grace to acknowledge what a stand out result yesterday was

I acknowledged the excellent result and the performance of a few players yesterday.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/188099/best-performance-

Why post lies?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:48 - Jan 22 with 2494 viewsRancid

Given our situation and the way Liverpool have been playing under Klopp then it's a yes from me.In the top 3 results of all time for me behind the Hull game and the Reading playoff final.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:54 - Jan 22 with 2465 viewsDr_Winston

Impressive? No. Important? Yes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:55 - Jan 22 with 2454 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 16:54 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

Impressive? No. Important? Yes.

The rubbish served up by Guidolin and Bradley this season really has impaired the judgement of a lot of our fans.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Login to get fewer ads

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:00 - Jan 22 with 2427 viewsmorningstar

Have too say, i think our most impressive win was away at Man Utd on the first day of 2014/15. It was meant to be the coronation of King Louis Van Gaal, and the script was written that we would be on a hiding to nothing.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:03 - Jan 22 with 2406 viewsblueytheblue

Was in the pub watching the first half before going for a pre-game walk. So missed the goals other than the winner, when I was in CCS.

First half, thought you were well organised, defended well, looked to hit on break. Figured you'd played with more confidence, expected Liverpool to sneak a 1-0 win eventually with a late goal.

Ho hum.

Much improved performance and I'd like to remind you that I did say you were good enough to stay up.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:06 - Jan 22 with 2394 viewsHeadmaster

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:03 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

Was in the pub watching the first half before going for a pre-game walk. So missed the goals other than the winner, when I was in CCS.

First half, thought you were well organised, defended well, looked to hit on break. Figured you'd played with more confidence, expected Liverpool to sneak a 1-0 win eventually with a late goal.

Ho hum.

Much improved performance and I'd like to remind you that I did say you were good enough to stay up.

We're good enough now because of the new signings. We were dogsh!te before. We looked a different team with Carroll and Olsson.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:09 - Jan 22 with 2385 viewsdailew

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:43 - Jan 22 by Phil_S

The current top four have lost just three between them at home this season

Both Chelsea and Arsenal lost at home to Liverpool

If you add in the two Manchester clubs then Man City lost at home to Chelsea and Man Utd at home to Man City

So yesterday's win was the first away win for a non top 6 side at a top 6 club this season

Everton have only lost once at home (to Liverpool).

So make that top 7.

Hang on, WBA only lost at home to Citeh and Everton so make that top 8.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:09 - Jan 22 with 2383 viewsblueytheblue

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:06 - Jan 22 by Headmaster

We're good enough now because of the new signings. We were dogsh!te before. We looked a different team with Carroll and Olsson.

Not deny they looked good.

You looked a lot more organised and committed at the back. That's not personnel, that's coaching.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:13 - Jan 22 with 2369 viewsHeadmaster

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:09 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

You looked a lot more organised and committed at the back. That's not personnel, that's coaching.

I'd say it's a combination. If it had been Taylor as left back, things may have been quite different.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:18 - Jan 22 with 2348 viewsRancid

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:09 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

That's Claude Makalele.
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:35 - Jan 22 with 2073 viewsLord_Bony

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:03 - Jan 22 by blueytheblue

Ho hum.

Shame we wont be playing you lot next season....

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 17:39 - Jan 22 with 2071 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In order of impressiveness of performance and importancw combined :-

1. Liverpool 2 - 3 Swansea
2. Arsenal 0 - 2 Swansea
3. Swansea 1 - 0 Man City
4. QPR 0 - 5 Swansea

* The League cup wins at Anfield and more so vs the current European Champions Chelsea over two legs also deserve a mention

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:00 - Jan 22 with 2020 viewsswancity

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 13:20 - Jan 22 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I do not think so. I'd put the 5-0 win at QPR above it. I'm sure there are others which rival it or surpass it too.

😂

A good win at QPR yes but against very poor opposition. Not comparable with beating Liverpool at Anfield especially as no one else has managed it in more than a year.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:16 - Jan 22 with 1990 viewsmonmouth

The real test is how memorable it is when the news is just chip paper. In premier league terms, it is this, Arsenal at home 3-2 and away 2-0, plus Man City home and Tottenham home 1-1 when we finally 'arrived' that come to mind. Maybe QPR AND Fulham away, but that was against dog teams.

Strangely the various wins against ManUnd don't stick in my mind at all. Nor the other Arsenal or Liverpool or even Chelsea wins.

So yes, I think the first three will stand the test of time and be talked about like the Leeds 1981 match in 'remember when....' terms in 30 and 40 years. Over our second 'golden' period add both Wembley games, Hull and Forest. The others, probably not.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:39 - Jan 22 with 1964 viewsjasper_T

It's only Liverpool ffs. It's hardly beating Arsenal at Old Trafford, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, or Arsenal at the Emirates, is it?
Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:51 - Jan 22 with 1942 viewsmorningstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:39 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

It's only Liverpool ffs. It's hardly beating Arsenal at Old Trafford, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, or Arsenal at the Emirates, is it?

Spot on Jasp, they're only the most successful club in British football history after all!

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:56 - Jan 22 with 1929 viewsexiledclaseboy

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:51 - Jan 22 by morningstar

Spot on Jasp, they're only the most successful club in British football history after all!

Who hadn't lost at home in the league for over the year. A piffling win, not worth celebrating.

Poll: Tory leader

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:02 - Jan 22 with 1904 viewsmorningstar

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:56 - Jan 22 by exiledclaseboy

Who hadn't lost at home in the league for over the year. A piffling win, not worth celebrating.

The youth of today eh!

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:02 - Jan 22 with 1904 viewsLoyal

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 20:39 - Jan 22 by jasper_T

I would love to beat Arsenal at old Trafford. That would be a first for us 👍
Like the old days of the FA cup semi finals.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Was yesterdays win the most impressive in our Premier history? on 21:03 - Jan 22 with 1897 viewsRancid

'It's only Liverpool', he said.I thought he was being genuinely sarcastic until I read it again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024