Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread 12:30 - Feb 2 with 48545 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 12:36]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 16:55 - Feb 5 with 2652 viewsUplandsJack

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 16:09 - Feb 5 by union_jack

Let me try and put this Fabianski thing to bed, though I doubt I will.

It was a free header. Ironically, because it was not a good header it was more difficult to deal with. There was little pace on it as it came down off his head near to his body. If it had been to either side of him with a bit more pace it may have been easier to push away.

It was unfortunate but the blame goes 3 or 4 incidents back, not with Fabianski.

I agree as i previouly had stated, that the cross shouldn't have got in. I also agree it was never a free kick on Kolorov. They also took the free kick (as clement pointed out in his post match interview) 10 - 15 yards further forward than the place where the alleged free kick was conceded. I also strongly agree Naughton should have been goal side and up challanging Jesus for the header. But ask Fabianski himself, or any other keeper of any reasonable standard and he would have expected to have held onto what was in all honesty a really poor header.

We have to accept that although Fabianski is a good keeper, he has regular mistakes in his locker, like other players in our squad. That's why he's playing for us and not 1st choice at Arsenal.....

Sorry but hopefully that's putting it to bed....
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:00 - Feb 5 with 2618 viewsmax936

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:32 - Feb 5 by union_jack

It was a point blank header that could have gone anywhere.

Not Fab's fault regardless what some on here may think.

Agree, I did say it was a bit of a reaction save, very unlucky that the ball didn't stick, on first view I was in two minds, but after seeing it a few times it was hard luck for him and us, but it was never a free kick leading up to it, in fact Narsingh was going forward when there was a coming together and I always that that the attacker gets the benefit of the doubt for those, meaning that the freekick should have gone our way if indeed it was a freekick, just looked like a coming together to me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:03 - Feb 5 with 2590 viewsSwans_16

Thought Swansea done really well today given that was the same team that gave West Ham a pasting a few days ago !

Unlucky with the final result, big game next week !
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:22 - Feb 5 with 2529 viewsDarran

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:20 - Feb 5 by Murph75

F**k off you pr!ck

Murph you're very angry lately Mate.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:50 - Feb 5 with 2435 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 16:55 - Feb 5 by UplandsJack

I agree as i previouly had stated, that the cross shouldn't have got in. I also agree it was never a free kick on Kolorov. They also took the free kick (as clement pointed out in his post match interview) 10 - 15 yards further forward than the place where the alleged free kick was conceded. I also strongly agree Naughton should have been goal side and up challanging Jesus for the header. But ask Fabianski himself, or any other keeper of any reasonable standard and he would have expected to have held onto what was in all honesty a really poor header.

We have to accept that although Fabianski is a good keeper, he has regular mistakes in his locker, like other players in our squad. That's why he's playing for us and not 1st choice at Arsenal.....

Sorry but hopefully that's putting it to bed....

Now that is really, really funny "That's why he's playing for us and not 1st choice at Arsenal"
Did you not see Cech's absolute bloomer against Chelsea yesterday and he IS their 1st choice goalkeeper?
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:57 - Feb 5 with 2395 viewsunion_jack

I mentioned the similarity in pattern to the game last season. They score, we equalised, they score in added time.

Not the only similarity I think (though I may be wrong). Jesus scores on his home debut and didn't Aguerro do the same in our first ever PL game?
[Post edited 5 Feb 2017 17:57]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:05 - Feb 5 with 2372 viewsUplandsJack

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 17:50 - Feb 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Now that is really, really funny "That's why he's playing for us and not 1st choice at Arsenal"
Did you not see Cech's absolute bloomer against Chelsea yesterday and he IS their 1st choice goalkeeper?

Really, your comparing Cech to Fabianski. With the greatest respect.....

Cech has a mistake in him every now and again. Fabianski has at least one EVERY game....
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:12 - Feb 5 with 2338 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:05 - Feb 5 by UplandsJack

Really, your comparing Cech to Fabianski. With the greatest respect.....

Cech has a mistake in him every now and again. Fabianski has at least one EVERY game....

Are you comparing Fabs fumble with Cech's complete balls up which gifted them a goal?
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:28 - Feb 5 with 2288 viewsUplandsJack

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:12 - Feb 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Are you comparing Fabs fumble with Cech's complete balls up which gifted them a goal?

No I'm simply stating a fact.

Fabianski is a good goalkeeper who simply made a mistake. I'm certain he'd agree.
To add though he's also made a good save from Toure's free kick.

However he is susceptible to a mistake every game. That's why he plays for us or a mid -table premier league team at best and not Arsenal (I used them obviouslyI thought, as they were his last team), but you could equally have inserted Chelsea or Man utd or Spurs....
If you cant see that, well thats fair enough. Football after all is all about opinions. You respectfully have yours and likewise so do I.

That's merely all I'm pointing out....
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:32 - Feb 5 with 2275 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:28 - Feb 5 by UplandsJack

No I'm simply stating a fact.

Fabianski is a good goalkeeper who simply made a mistake. I'm certain he'd agree.
To add though he's also made a good save from Toure's free kick.

However he is susceptible to a mistake every game. That's why he plays for us or a mid -table premier league team at best and not Arsenal (I used them obviouslyI thought, as they were his last team), but you could equally have inserted Chelsea or Man utd or Spurs....
If you cant see that, well thats fair enough. Football after all is all about opinions. You respectfully have yours and likewise so do I.

That's merely all I'm pointing out....

All I am saying is that lots of top class Goalkeepers have Brain F@rts, but some have more than others, a bit like defenders, mid fielders and forwards really.
They are human afterall.
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:44 - Feb 5 with 2247 viewsUplandsJack

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 18:32 - Feb 5 by A_Fans_Dad

All I am saying is that lots of top class Goalkeepers have Brain F@rts, but some have more than others, a bit like defenders, mid fielders and forwards really.
They are human afterall.

True, but some moreally than others...

But that's not really the point of my initial comment.
I was simply stating that Fabianski made a mistake for the goal. I stated this as others were trying to say he did'nt/ or couldn't be blamed.

Yes he did & yes he could. Just watch the footage back, he holds his head in his hands while on his knees, he knew....

Finally though I will say again, his was not the only mistake that cost us that goal. Naughton, Siggy, Olson, the ref & the linesman could all also had the finger pointed at them for errors/mistakes.
The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 19:43 - Feb 5 with 2130 viewsbonymine

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 16:08 - Feb 5 by SgorioFruit

Fernandez and naughton complete waste of spaces

Naughton yeah not so much Fernandez I think he did okay 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:36 - Feb 5 with 2019 viewsGlyn1

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 19:43 - Feb 5 by bonymine

Naughton yeah not so much Fernandez I think he did okay 👍

He did especially OK in showing Mawson where to be.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 20:43 - Feb 5 with 2008 viewsbonymine

Yes Glyn I agree our centre back partnership has been vitally important to our survival hopes ......I said to my lads a few weeks ago that Alfie will play for England in years to come getting better every game & can pick out a pass too as well as read the game ......£5M ..Bargain I think he's better than John Stones @ £50M 😂😂😂

The spine of our side is settling down now from Fab to Llorente ....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 21:43 - Feb 5 with 1909 viewsLoyal

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 16:06 - Feb 5 by UplandsJack

Spot on. I said so on another thread.
Olson answer Siggy both stood off of Silva allowing him all daughter to pinpoint his cross right into the mixer...

Absolutely gutted though, that Fabianski didn't hold on to what was a bread and butter take, or at least push it away. Jesus should have honestly burried that initial header, but when he put it straight down fabbys throat he should have done better.....Foook, foook, foook........

The free kick should never have been taken from there, the whole thing was mismanaged by coin head. And that's why it all occurred.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 22:12 - Oct 26 with 1456 viewsDarran

The Official Man City Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Day Thread on 15:26 - Feb 5 by Murph75

The lads have battled well this afternoon and didn't deserve to lose that match. Yet dickheads like yourself can't wait to jump all over players. I'm pretty sure you wait there every week hoping someone makes a mistake so you can tap furiously away at your keyboard.

If anyone is "tough boy" its yourself. You are one of the biggest bullies on here. No doubt a big pussy in real life though.

Well said Murph.
I miss you
Dar
XXX

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024