Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May and Juncker 00:46 - May 1 with 26211 viewsFDC

Pretty extraordinary story in German press. (Long 30 tweet thread, click on tweet below and scroll down)

May and Juncker on 12:52 - May 1 with 1852 viewsQPR_John

May and Juncker on 12:23 - May 1 by QPR_Jim

False, there were plenty on here where keen to point out Gordon Brown was "unelected".

You may be right cannot be bothered to check however the point made about an unelected PM either by the right or left depending who is in power is rediculous. You cannot complain about an unelected PM when the concept does not exist in the current system. Complain about the system by all means but don't try and make a political statement about the office whoever holds the position
[Post edited 1 May 2017 12:54]
May and Juncker on 12:53 - May 1 with 1850 viewsWatford_Ranger

May and Juncker on 12:30 - May 1 by kensalriser

This is a common misunderstanding about our political system. We don't have a directly elected Premier, the PM is effectively either elected by MPs or by the political party he/she belongs to.

I don't think it's misunderstood. It's just annoying. The leader of the party is a huge part of the decision when voting. How many people can name the person they're putting an X next to on voting day? Hardly any in comparison to how many know who leads that party.
May and Juncker on 13:09 - May 1 with 1832 viewsTacticalR

This reminds me of an article a couple of weeks ago about two EU agencies leaving London (the European Banking Authority and the European Medicines Agency).

'Britain is fighting to remain the home of two of the EU’s most prestigious agencies covering medicines and banking after Brexit, in a move that is likely to cause astonishment in European capitals.

David Davis, Brexit secretary, does not accept that the two agencies and roughly 1,000 staff will have to move from London’s Canary Wharf, even though the EU is about to run a competition to relocate them.'

London battles to keep hold of two main EU agencies
https://www.ft.com/content/72ead180-229a-11e7-8691-d5f7e0cd0a16

I mean just how many of these Comical Alis are there in the cabinet?

Air hostess clique

May and Juncker on 13:18 - May 1 with 1802 viewsQPR_Jim

May and Juncker on 12:53 - May 1 by Watford_Ranger

I don't think it's misunderstood. It's just annoying. The leader of the party is a huge part of the decision when voting. How many people can name the person they're putting an X next to on voting day? Hardly any in comparison to how many know who leads that party.

I think as well that there's plenty of people saying they won't/can't vote labour because of Corbyn. So who may become PM is clearly a factor in some people's thinking and possibly more important than the policies of the party's or the competency of their local MP.
May and Juncker on 13:24 - May 1 with 1791 viewsBrightonhoop

Astonishing also that so little detail is being reported. This one is well worth a read.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2017/04/30/the-uk-government-is-comp
May and Juncker on 13:59 - May 1 with 1739 viewsstevec

And the alternative to May is?

Oh yeah, Tiny Tim and Jeremy, getting Britain bummed in the gob in front of a worldwide audience.

Still, at least the Britain haters will get their rocks off .
May and Juncker on 14:11 - May 1 with 1724 viewskensalriser

May and Juncker on 10:50 - May 1 by stevec

The simple truth is the whole of mainland Europe within the EU are sh it scared of the Germans, always have been always will be.

We, on the other hand, are England. Bailed them all out, one time or another, from German occupation. They know that and one by one they'll show their appreciation and start abstaining from any anti UK bo locks.

That'll leave German industry who'll tell their Government to back off and that leaves the French.
The French can just fck off.

We're the United Kingdom, not England.

And neither 'bailed out' Europe from occupation, the Allies did. Without those allies, the UK may well have been occupied itself.

Don't let nationalism lobotomise you.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

May and Juncker on 14:13 - May 1 with 1723 viewsLythamR

Theres nothing new here and no surprises. this is how its going to go down. We will only get some concessions it we agree to more significant concessions first. We cant realistically make any demands as we do not have a negotiating position of strength from which to do so.

The Government are conning people by suggesting anything different and foisting the lie that having a stroppy belligerent PM with an increased majority will make any difference whatsoever during negotiations. if anything its likely to make matters worse.

As Johhny once sang, "and Englands dreaming"
Login to get fewer ads

May and Juncker on 14:34 - May 1 with 1681 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure there are the kitting chickens that want to go back and to grovel to the EU to let us stay can't even see how bad that would end up

The smug looks on Juncker's and others faces would want to me start another european war.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

May and Juncker on 14:47 - May 1 with 1657 viewsTacticalR

May and Juncker on 14:34 - May 1 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm sure there are the kitting chickens that want to go back and to grovel to the EU to let us stay can't even see how bad that would end up

The smug looks on Juncker's and others faces would want to me start another european war.

Don't worry there will be another one along soon.

Air hostess clique

May and Juncker on 14:56 - May 1 with 1641 viewsJigsore

May and Juncker on 10:50 - May 1 by stevec

The simple truth is the whole of mainland Europe within the EU are sh it scared of the Germans, always have been always will be.

We, on the other hand, are England. Bailed them all out, one time or another, from German occupation. They know that and one by one they'll show their appreciation and start abstaining from any anti UK bo locks.

That'll leave German industry who'll tell their Government to back off and that leaves the French.
The French can just fck off.

as tempting as it may be, the back of a Wetherspoons menu is not the ideal place to obtain your political opinions

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

May and Juncker on 15:00 - May 1 with 1631 viewsMedwayR

German media, just who I'd go to for an honest and unbiased view of Brexit. I don't trust any media when it comes to Brexit, or anything else for that matter, because they all have an agenda to push.

The fact is that Brexit is happening, the EU appear to think that they're in a position to punish the UK when they're not, when we leave they'll be worse off financially, their trade will suffer if there's no agreement and because EU citizens won't be leaving for the UK their unemployment will increase, imagine the response in the EU when that happens, it won't just be France on the brink of leaving. They'll then have to deal with their problems rather than have the UK deal with their problems. The UK economy will suffer but will also have far more opportunities to recover and as we have one of the strongest economies in the world we can take this risk, the burden on national infrastructure will decrease in time and in the long run we'll see how it plays out.

People are trying to draw conclusions before anything has happened to push their agenda, talks haven't even started yet.

As for May, to me she seems the best of a bad bunch, she has a lot of political experience and isn't part of the Bullingdon Boys Club, that's a good start on paper...

Poll: Who’s better?

May and Juncker on 15:19 - May 1 with 1610 viewsQPR_Jim

May and Juncker on 15:00 - May 1 by MedwayR

German media, just who I'd go to for an honest and unbiased view of Brexit. I don't trust any media when it comes to Brexit, or anything else for that matter, because they all have an agenda to push.

The fact is that Brexit is happening, the EU appear to think that they're in a position to punish the UK when they're not, when we leave they'll be worse off financially, their trade will suffer if there's no agreement and because EU citizens won't be leaving for the UK their unemployment will increase, imagine the response in the EU when that happens, it won't just be France on the brink of leaving. They'll then have to deal with their problems rather than have the UK deal with their problems. The UK economy will suffer but will also have far more opportunities to recover and as we have one of the strongest economies in the world we can take this risk, the burden on national infrastructure will decrease in time and in the long run we'll see how it plays out.

People are trying to draw conclusions before anything has happened to push their agenda, talks haven't even started yet.

As for May, to me she seems the best of a bad bunch, she has a lot of political experience and isn't part of the Bullingdon Boys Club, that's a good start on paper...

"the burden on national infrastructure will decrease in time"

Not if they keep making cuts it won't.
May and Juncker on 15:57 - May 1 with 1553 viewsqprphil

Blimey, can tell were all QPR supporters, no positives at all...... Let's just wait and see, I think they need us more than they make out. It's not in any ones interest to block us out on deals, it works both ways. Do I have hope of May achieving a reasonable deal, well, I'd rather her going than Corbyn, we wouldn't have a pot to piss in if he went imo. We can all guess at what might happen, I don't feel as despondent yet.!!!!!!!!
May and Juncker on 16:44 - May 1 with 1491 views2Thomas2Bowles

May and Juncker on 14:47 - May 1 by TacticalR

Don't worry there will be another one along soon.

Cheers I'll keep an eye out for some guns

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

May and Juncker on 16:44 - May 1 with 1491 viewsTrom

May and Juncker on 10:57 - May 1 by FDC

Post-Empire fantasy. No one gives a hoot about any of that. Britain is a small country with a failing economy.

We are not a small economy. The UK is the fifth largest in the world when ranked by GDP.

Our GDP growth rate year on year is 2.1%

The idea that we are not a big fish in Europe is just not true. The UK economy is only smaller than Germany in the EU.

Facts and figures http://www.tradingeconomics.com
May and Juncker on 16:47 - May 1 with 1484 viewsWatford_Ranger

May and Juncker on 16:44 - May 1 by Trom

We are not a small economy. The UK is the fifth largest in the world when ranked by GDP.

Our GDP growth rate year on year is 2.1%

The idea that we are not a big fish in Europe is just not true. The UK economy is only smaller than Germany in the EU.

Facts and figures http://www.tradingeconomics.com

I find GDP on its own quite misleading. We are in decline in real terms, I think.
May and Juncker on 17:56 - May 1 with 1419 viewsRosieG

May and Juncker on 13:59 - May 1 by stevec

And the alternative to May is?

Oh yeah, Tiny Tim and Jeremy, getting Britain bummed in the gob in front of a worldwide audience.

Still, at least the Britain haters will get their rocks off .

Most of the tw ats on here are Gurdian reading lefty Britian haters, they make me want to vomit.

And if the Prime Minister told Junckers to eff off, then I'm proud of her.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 18:04]
May and Juncker on 18:11 - May 1 with 1400 viewsWatford_Ranger

May and Juncker on 17:56 - May 1 by RosieG

Most of the tw ats on here are Gurdian reading lefty Britian haters, they make me want to vomit.

Did we remind him we won two wars and that Brexit means Brexit?

I don't read the Guardian and I don't hate Britain. I also think May is a self-serving parasite who would happily piss all over the future of this country for her personal legacy. They aren't mutually exclusive.
May and Juncker on 18:18 - May 1 with 1393 viewsTacticalR

We didn't fight through two world wars and then Brexit to have people not vote Tory, so we need to find a way to stop traitors voting.

Air hostess clique

May and Juncker on 18:46 - May 1 with 1351 viewsTrom

May and Juncker on 16:47 - May 1 by Watford_Ranger

I find GDP on its own quite misleading. We are in decline in real terms, I think.

Well GDP measures the output of final goods and services and is pretty much the barometer of a nations economy.

Without trying to sound a smart arse "real terms" just means in the absence of inflation.

Unemployment is also at the lowest level for 12 years (4.7%).

If you mean equality of living standards you do have a point - but that's an issue shared by many market economies.
May and Juncker on 18:55 - May 1 with 1332 viewsjohncharles

May and Juncker on 17:56 - May 1 by RosieG

Have you tried thinking about this ?

Strong and stable my arse.

May and Juncker on 19:03 - May 1 with 1316 viewsRosieG

May and Juncker on 18:55 - May 1 by johncharles

Have you tried thinking about this ?

And up pops litle lord Halifax, surrender monkey.
May and Juncker on 19:04 - May 1 with 1306 viewsjohncharles

It all boils down to who do you believe.

Theresa "Absolutley no election until 2020" May. ?

Strong and stable my arse.

May and Juncker on 19:07 - May 1 with 1298 viewsRosieG

May and Juncker on 18:18 - May 1 by TacticalR

We didn't fight through two world wars and then Brexit to have people not vote Tory, so we need to find a way to stop traitors voting.

Surrender monkeys everywhere, especially on this forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024