Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May and Juncker 00:46 - May 1 with 26235 viewsFDC

Pretty extraordinary story in German press. (Long 30 tweet thread, click on tweet below and scroll down)

May and Juncker on 19:34 - May 3 with 1845 viewsDorse

May and Juncker on 16:44 - May 3 by Jigsore

May's isolation here says more about her speech than anything she could say.

she's dragging us off a cliff.

It was a mistake to make the announcement at the agoraphobics convention.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

May and Juncker on 19:36 - May 3 with 1841 viewskensalriser

May and Juncker on 19:18 - May 3 by johncharles

If I was French, German or whatever I would be well p1ssed off with Britain's posturing.
"You want to go ? Well p1ss off and don't expect any favours"

We're the Joey Barton of Europe.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

May and Juncker on 19:52 - May 3 with 1821 viewsE17hoop

May and Juncker on 16:21 - May 3 by FDC

Wow, May's speech just now.

She's deliberately ramping up the tough rhetoric (the EU is now trying to interfere in the election, apparently?!) because it plays well with the Brexit-fuelled jingoism enjoyed by many like our excitable friend Rosie, for example.

What makes it all the more striking is that she was a Remain-er until very recently. She's playing a divisive political game for no-one's benefit other the Tory party. It's certainly not in the country's interest.

Incidentally I think she's looking less stable with every passing day.

It's almost as if she doesn't believe in Brexit and is sabotaging it from the front.
As she herself said in the Lancaster House speech...
[Post edited 3 May 2017 19:53]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

May and Juncker on 20:27 - May 3 with 1772 viewsDWQPR

May and Juncker on 19:52 - May 3 by E17hoop

It's almost as if she doesn't believe in Brexit and is sabotaging it from the front.
As she herself said in the Lancaster House speech...
[Post edited 3 May 2017 19:53]

The Americans complained about outside interference from the Russians in their elections, ISIS are influencing European elections with their terrorist activity and as I said when I read the report about Juncker and May falling out and that this information had been leeked, this again was political interference. Europe wants us to fail. And before people have a go at me about being a Brexiteer I would like to remind people and they can check back on the Brexit thread from last year that I was a Remainer. But not any more. The actions of the EU heads and also those of an undemocratic and unelected commission has swayed me into believing that we should leave, and play hard ball. Fûck 'em. We will survive, we always do, and we thrive. The people who are undermining our corner are those who keep on telling us that the EU are the good guys and we are the bad guys like Farron and Sturgeon. Sturgeon on top of that is the biggest hypocrite of the lot. And then you get cretins like Keir Starmer warning us that if no trade deal is agreed then our car manufacturers will have 10% tariffs put in their exports, our food producers a 40% tariff. What he forgets to say is that the German, Italian, French and Spanish car manufacturers will suffer similar tariffs as will their food producers, net result each side could waive the tariffs or each side could subsidise their own producers with the tariffs collected.

All the power to May's corner I say. The EU don't want to negotiate with her because they know that she will play hardball. They would prefer some pushover, the want to hold all the negotiating cards and they don't like the fact that this will not be the case. The EU once we leave will have a £9billion annual black hole to fill and the Germans know it! And let's remember all the threatening has been coming from the EU and not from us. We voted to leave after having the audacity of holding a democratic vote. As a remainer I am really glad we are leaving.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

May and Juncker on 21:04 - May 3 with 1730 views2Thomas2Bowles

Oh wow People catching on to what many that wanted to leave already knew, The EU bureaucrats wanting to control everything and if you don't do what they say they will feck you over.

One good thing is that those that want to remain may now see how totalitarian and crooked the EC is.

I don't trust May at all not with Brexit but more importantly the domestic issues that the tories have failed miserably at. poverty, Infrastructure, NHS, Housing, education.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 21:05]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

May and Juncker on 21:16 - May 3 with 1708 viewsdistortR

May and Juncker on 19:18 - May 3 by johncharles

If I was French, German or whatever I would be well p1ssed off with Britain's posturing.
"You want to go ? Well p1ss off and don't expect any favours"

It's not nice to be told you'll be punished for leaving their gang either. I don't like May, but i thought it was despicable behaviour to leave her on her own at that meal a few weeks ago. They come across as a bunch of bullies. We, the people, are stuck between a rock and a hard place and, quite frankly, the contempt we're held in is thoroughly depressing.
May and Juncker on 21:33 - May 3 with 1675 viewsjonno

May and Juncker on 21:16 - May 3 by distortR

It's not nice to be told you'll be punished for leaving their gang either. I don't like May, but i thought it was despicable behaviour to leave her on her own at that meal a few weeks ago. They come across as a bunch of bullies. We, the people, are stuck between a rock and a hard place and, quite frankly, the contempt we're held in is thoroughly depressing.

There will be many people in the EU countries who are actually admiring the UK's approach against the unelected bullies that is the EU hierarchy and Merkel.
May and Juncker on 22:42 - May 3 with 1575 viewsFDC

Being a Tory really is like playing Politics on easy mode. People lap this shit up.

Login to get fewer ads

May and Juncker on 22:48 - May 3 with 1563 viewsFredManRave

May and Juncker on 22:42 - May 3 by FDC

Being a Tory really is like playing Politics on easy mode. People lap this shit up.

And to think I didn't even know my wife had Botox.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 22:49]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

May and Juncker on 22:50 - May 3 with 1560 viewsPunteR

Botox kills your sex life!!!!??

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

May and Juncker on 22:52 - May 3 with 1553 viewsPunteR

May and Juncker on 22:48 - May 3 by FredManRave

And to think I didn't even know my wife had Botox.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 22:49]

beat me to it fred..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

May and Juncker on 00:13 - May 4 with 1498 viewsAgedR

Funny, I wouldn't have said she'd had Botox

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

May and Juncker on 01:54 - May 4 with 1465 viewsjohncharles

She who laughs last .... Can't stop laughing
At you

Strong and stable my arse.

May and Juncker on 08:30 - May 4 with 1394 viewshopphoops

May and Juncker on 22:50 - May 3 by PunteR

Botox kills your sex life!!!!??

Come back when you've had 750 injections in your bell end.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

May and Juncker on 09:37 - May 4 with 1349 viewsjohncharles

May and Juncker on 21:16 - May 3 by distortR

Britain will not be "punished" there's no mechanism to "punish" any member who wants to leave. There can be negotiations but Theresa May doesn't do negotiations.

Strong and stable my arse.

May and Juncker on 09:48 - May 4 with 1340 viewsDWQPR

May and Juncker on 09:37 - May 4 by johncharles

Britain will not be "punished" there's no mechanism to "punish" any member who wants to leave. There can be negotiations but Theresa May doesn't do negotiations.

Naive. The EU need to see the UK fail rather than succeed after Brexit as it could encourage further fragmentation of the bloc. It is a self-serving gravy train that people are starting to wake up to. Therefore they will do their damnedest to make it difficult for the UK. Barnier yesterday quoted that we are not entitled to any of the €154billion of EU assets as the EU 'is not a shareholder institution', but we will have a leaving bill because of future funding commitments! Surely this cannot be so because the EU 'is not a shareholder institution''!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

May and Juncker on 10:10 - May 4 with 1307 viewsstevec

If they want 100 billion euros from us, get them to prove it. They'll have to get their own accounts signed off first and they haven't been able to for the last 20 years.

If any of us run Companies like that we'd have been struck off.
May and Juncker on 11:55 - May 4 with 1225 viewskensalriser

May and Juncker on 10:10 - May 4 by stevec

If they want 100 billion euros from us, get them to prove it. They'll have to get their own accounts signed off first and they haven't been able to for the last 20 years.

If any of us run Companies like that we'd have been struck off.

Myth.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

May and Juncker on 13:39 - May 4 with 1131 viewshoof_hearted

May and Juncker on 11:55 - May 4 by kensalriser

Myth.

https://fullfact.org/europe/did-auditors-sign-eu-budget/

The myth is that the accounts haven't been signed off by the auditors but read that site and the conclusion is:-

"Auditors say the accounts are accurate and have been since 2007. But they record significant errors in how money is paid, and this has been the case since 1995."

So the auditors are now signing off the accounts but only because the accounts include acknowledgement of the massive errors. No respectable organisation would want to have a qualified auditors report every year. They wouldn't get away with it and rightly so. It makes Philip Green look like Mother Theresa.
May and Juncker on 13:55 - May 4 with 1098 viewsDannytheR

May and Juncker on 09:48 - May 4 by DWQPR

Naive. The EU need to see the UK fail rather than succeed after Brexit as it could encourage further fragmentation of the bloc. It is a self-serving gravy train that people are starting to wake up to. Therefore they will do their damnedest to make it difficult for the UK. Barnier yesterday quoted that we are not entitled to any of the €154billion of EU assets as the EU 'is not a shareholder institution', but we will have a leaving bill because of future funding commitments! Surely this cannot be so because the EU 'is not a shareholder institution''!

A lot of people said last year that logically and politically the EU was always going to have to take as hard a line in negotiations as possible.

At the time we were told that was ridiculous, and they would be falling over themselves to cut a generous trade deal with Britain to ensure continued sales of (what was it Boris Johnson said again?) "German cars and prosecco."

Now apparently they're a bunch of seditious Frogs and Hun sabotaging British democracy itself.

We are a sad, sad case of a country at the moment.
May and Juncker on 14:02 - May 4 with 1087 viewsHunterhoop

May and Juncker on 20:27 - May 3 by DWQPR

The Americans complained about outside interference from the Russians in their elections, ISIS are influencing European elections with their terrorist activity and as I said when I read the report about Juncker and May falling out and that this information had been leeked, this again was political interference. Europe wants us to fail. And before people have a go at me about being a Brexiteer I would like to remind people and they can check back on the Brexit thread from last year that I was a Remainer. But not any more. The actions of the EU heads and also those of an undemocratic and unelected commission has swayed me into believing that we should leave, and play hard ball. Fûck 'em. We will survive, we always do, and we thrive. The people who are undermining our corner are those who keep on telling us that the EU are the good guys and we are the bad guys like Farron and Sturgeon. Sturgeon on top of that is the biggest hypocrite of the lot. And then you get cretins like Keir Starmer warning us that if no trade deal is agreed then our car manufacturers will have 10% tariffs put in their exports, our food producers a 40% tariff. What he forgets to say is that the German, Italian, French and Spanish car manufacturers will suffer similar tariffs as will their food producers, net result each side could waive the tariffs or each side could subsidise their own producers with the tariffs collected.

All the power to May's corner I say. The EU don't want to negotiate with her because they know that she will play hardball. They would prefer some pushover, the want to hold all the negotiating cards and they don't like the fact that this will not be the case. The EU once we leave will have a £9billion annual black hole to fill and the Germans know it! And let's remember all the threatening has been coming from the EU and not from us. We voted to leave after having the audacity of holding a democratic vote. As a remainer I am really glad we are leaving.

DW, that logic only works if the trade relationship, in terms of importa and exports, is balanced.

I'm pretty sure the EU, as a market, constitutes, a greater % of our exports than the UK does of the EU's exports. Ergo, we will be worse off.

Ps. It is possible to dislike the EU, as a bureacratic entity, and still think we should remain in it. Reform, which we influence will be better for the UK population than simply leaving. Business is too globalised, an our economy too bound up in Europe, for us to leave and suffer no impact. And the people who'll suffer the most, as always, will be those with the lowest incomes.

I'm was a Remainer, remain one, and am more passionate about it given the ridiculous approach May is taking. A soft, sensible Brexit, I could stomach, and to some degree, see the logic of. This willy waving, jingoistic, irresponsible "hard" Brexit is stupid and will hurt the poorest the most, and set our economy back for years. To negotiate successfully, you have to create "win wins" and you have to compromise. On all fronts, especially trade, we have less leverage. Our "hard" approach is stupid and simply playing up to nationalistic emotion.
May and Juncker on 14:05 - May 4 with 1085 viewsjonno

May and Juncker on 14:02 - May 4 by Hunterhoop

DW, that logic only works if the trade relationship, in terms of importa and exports, is balanced.

I'm pretty sure the EU, as a market, constitutes, a greater % of our exports than the UK does of the EU's exports. Ergo, we will be worse off.

Ps. It is possible to dislike the EU, as a bureacratic entity, and still think we should remain in it. Reform, which we influence will be better for the UK population than simply leaving. Business is too globalised, an our economy too bound up in Europe, for us to leave and suffer no impact. And the people who'll suffer the most, as always, will be those with the lowest incomes.

I'm was a Remainer, remain one, and am more passionate about it given the ridiculous approach May is taking. A soft, sensible Brexit, I could stomach, and to some degree, see the logic of. This willy waving, jingoistic, irresponsible "hard" Brexit is stupid and will hurt the poorest the most, and set our economy back for years. To negotiate successfully, you have to create "win wins" and you have to compromise. On all fronts, especially trade, we have less leverage. Our "hard" approach is stupid and simply playing up to nationalistic emotion.

Exactly how often has the EU "reformed" at the UK's suggestion over the last ten years?
May and Juncker on 14:05 - May 4 with 1084 viewsBucksRanger

"So what does all this say about the EU’s accounts? The numbers accurately reflect what’s actually happened, it’s just that some of it shouldn’t have happened in the first place."

It would appear that the EU accounts are such that, in order to get them signed off, the EU has had to admit to 'misplacing' around 5.5 billion euros (3.8% of total EU spend of 145 billion euros) for 2015 and this figure is lower than in previous years.

"3.8% of EU spending was subject to error. As long as the estimated error is above a threshold of 2%, it’s considered “material”. 3.8% is slightly lower than the estimated level of error in previous years."

Take a look at the 'Signing off of the EU accounts' table in the link provided. Look at the 'Payments Free From Material Error' column in it. There have been material errors every year since 1994.

Money misplaced in total must be in excess of 100 billion euros by now.

The EU is a crooks paradise and the money they are 'misplacing' comes from taxation of workers within the EU. It's no wonder the British people voted to get out of the cesspit.
May and Juncker on 14:12 - May 4 with 1078 viewsQPR_Jim

May and Juncker on 14:05 - May 4 by BucksRanger

"So what does all this say about the EU’s accounts? The numbers accurately reflect what’s actually happened, it’s just that some of it shouldn’t have happened in the first place."

It would appear that the EU accounts are such that, in order to get them signed off, the EU has had to admit to 'misplacing' around 5.5 billion euros (3.8% of total EU spend of 145 billion euros) for 2015 and this figure is lower than in previous years.

"3.8% of EU spending was subject to error. As long as the estimated error is above a threshold of 2%, it’s considered “material”. 3.8% is slightly lower than the estimated level of error in previous years."

Take a look at the 'Signing off of the EU accounts' table in the link provided. Look at the 'Payments Free From Material Error' column in it. There have been material errors every year since 1994.

Money misplaced in total must be in excess of 100 billion euros by now.

The EU is a crooks paradise and the money they are 'misplacing' comes from taxation of workers within the EU. It's no wonder the British people voted to get out of the cesspit.

From the same article:

Error is not always the same as fraud or waste

Just because some money is paid in error doesn’t mean people all the people involved have deliberately tried to defraud the EU.

A small minority of the cases that the auditors look at each year involve suspected fraud. The UK’s Public Accounts Committee of MPs has concluded for years that the complexity of the EU’s spending programmes, which creates misunderstandings, contributes towards these errors.

It also doesn’t necessarily mean the money was ‘wasted’, just that it wasn’t paid out according to the rules. One way to run afoul of the rules, for instance, is to award an EU-funded contract directly without holding a proper bidding process. Even though the rules haven’t been followed, it's not always the case that another firm would have been able to put in a lower bid.
May and Juncker on 14:13 - May 4 with 1075 viewsFDC

May and Juncker on 14:02 - May 4 by Hunterhoop

It is possible to dislike the EU, as a bureacratic entity, and still think we should remain in it. Reform, which we influence will be better for the UK population than simply leaving. Business is too globalised, an our economy too bound up in Europe, for us to leave and suffer no impact. And the people who'll suffer the most, as always, will be those with the lowest incomes.

[Post edited 4 May 2017 14:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024