Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis of to Galatasaray 10:01 - May 25 with 4844 viewshughesy2013

4 million pound is the rumours.....surely he is worth more than that after the season he has had?
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:04 - May 25 with 4001 viewsperchrockjack

He is

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:10 - May 25 with 3980 viewspencoedjack

Final year of contract /33 (ish) /didn't prove it in PL /doesn't understand the offside rule /lazy as fuk

Sounds about right to me
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:11 - May 25 with 3970 viewsexiledinenglandjack

I think the main thing for us is his large wage off the books, any fee will be a bonus
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:14 - May 25 with 3952 viewsjack247

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:10 - May 25 by pencoedjack

Final year of contract /33 (ish) /didn't prove it in PL /doesn't understand the offside rule /lazy as fuk

Sounds about right to me

Most of us would have been happy to give him a free this time last year, just to free up a bit of wage budget. I think £4m after an underwhelming season here and a great one in France is decent.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:16 - May 25 with 3939 viewsicecoldjack

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:11 - May 25 by exiledinenglandjack

I think the main thing for us is his large wage off the books, any fee will be a bonus

Yep wages off the books is priority i would guess.

Good luck to him, not a bad player at all if given the right service, just not a fit in the current Swans model, ditto Borja.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:20 - May 25 with 3924 viewsLeonWasGod

Take it and run.

He was scoring goals by the bucketful before he joined us too, so I suspect he's just not cut out for us/the PL for whatever reason.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:00 - May 25 with 3814 viewshobo

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 10:10 - May 25 by pencoedjack

Sounds about right to me

33 ish? He's 31. £4m would be robbery after the season he's had. Hopefully Marseille get involved too and we could get a decent amount for him
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:07 - May 25 with 3798 viewsjasper_T

Bite their hand off for that.
Login to get fewer ads

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:09 - May 25 with 3791 viewsyogibear_412

I guarantee all the people who agree with 4 million did not see him play 90 mins last season for Marseille. He was captain, worked a lot more than he did for us and scored a bucket full. He's worth a load more than 4 million.

Championship strikers are going for double digits easily now
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:14 - May 25 with 3771 viewsjack247

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:09 - May 25 by yogibear_412

I guarantee all the people who agree with 4 million did not see him play 90 mins last season for Marseille. He was captain, worked a lot more than he did for us and scored a bucket full. He's worth a load more than 4 million.

Championship strikers are going for double digits easily now

I didn't. I saw him play 90 minutes too many times for us though.

He is in his thirties, in the last year of his contract, on massive wages and can't cut it at PL level (before people start saying Ligue 1 is nearly as good, it isn't).
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:17 - May 25 with 3754 viewsicecoldjack

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:00 - May 25 by hobo

33 ish? He's 31. £4m would be robbery after the season he's had. Hopefully Marseille get involved too and we could get a decent amount for him

It's my guess the fee is low because his wages are fookin' huge !! the Swans would probably be happy to let him go for free in that regard.

As for his ability, no doubt he has plenty of talent, we saw flashes of it here when we played to his strengths, a more astute coach like clement could probably get more out of him than last time but in fairness i don't think the player would like to take that chance here again if possible.

He took a pay cut to go on loan, so is clearly working his nuts off to get a good deal somewhere else, the Swans will be up on this too so the fee has been placed at that figure to oil the wheels for everyone IMO.

£4m not a true reflection in todays market but the package means that for a club like us it's a worthwhile fee to free up funds/wages. If he gets sold everyones happy and the swans only come out of it a couple million lost in signing on fees.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:20 - May 25 with 3730 viewsperchrockjack

icey makes a good point but quite how his wages got to be so big baffles me but... certainly get rid and replace with quality

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:23 - May 25 with 3725 viewspencoedjack

32 before the season starts,he scored the same amount of goals in the poor French league prior to joining us

4 million plus about the same amount saved in wages no brainier for me.

Of course you can disagree ....
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:25 - May 25 with 3718 viewsDr_Winston

I'd take £4m.

It's quite clear that the club could do with freeing up the wages and the player could do with a fresh start in front of fans who don't consider him the second coming of Satan.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:35 - May 25 with 3697 viewsjack247

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:25 - May 25 by Dr_Winston

I'd take £4m.

It's quite clear that the club could do with freeing up the wages and the player could do with a fresh start in front of fans who don't consider him the second coming of Satan.

I'd say more the second coming of N'Gog
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:38 - May 25 with 3680 viewsperchrockjack

n gog.

Saw him in the flesh

Was traumatised for three weeks after

Worse buy than Steve Watkin or anyone IMO

He really was THAT bad ,kids

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:51 - May 25 with 3649 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 11:20 - May 25 by perchrockjack

icey makes a good point but quite how his wages got to be so big baffles me but... certainly get rid and replace with quality

Half of his wages was his signing-on fee.

Free transfer, see.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 15:27 - May 25 with 3345 viewsyogibear_412

Wish people would stop going on about how poor the French league is. It isn't poor!

Monaco got to semis in champions league, PSG are still a force, Lyon and Marseille are starting to comeback again as is Bordeaux and Nice are brilliant to watch.

It's not a sh*t league!
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 15:31 - May 25 with 3333 viewsWarwickHunt

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 15:27 - May 25 by yogibear_412

Wish people would stop going on about how poor the French league is. It isn't poor!

Monaco got to semis in champions league, PSG are still a force, Lyon and Marseille are starting to comeback again as is Bordeaux and Nice are brilliant to watch.

It's not a sh*t league!

It's not a shît league, it's a ligue de merde.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 15:40 - May 25 with 3312 viewsmonmouth

I'm no fanboy for pouty frog, but people seem to have forgotten all the goals he scored for us in turning Monk into 'the brightest young English manager' since the last hopeless cock, and in us finishing eighth. I don't consider him a failure. Without his goals after Bony left we might well have collapsed totally after the Chelsea five niller.

It went south after the first four games of the next season - he scored in all of them mind - but he is in no way a talentless turd like some of the shite we've bought. And from what we've seen he's a sight better than baston.

If Clemo doesn't think he can use him though, and we don't want to give yet another pointless contract, then 4m sounds fair to me now. Particularly if we save a portion of the signing on fee on top of the wages. We'll probably have to pay him to go though. Poor lamb.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 16:32 - May 25 with 3218 viewsAnotherJohn

£4m sounds deeply underwhelming to me, particularly when you see what that buys these days. Imagine that the shoe was on the other foot and we were in for a 20-goal striker from a leading French club . We wouldn't believe our luck at that price. The problem is that our judgment is clouded by bad memories.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 16:39 - May 25 with 3195 viewsjack247

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 16:32 - May 25 by AnotherJohn

£4m sounds deeply underwhelming to me, particularly when you see what that buys these days. Imagine that the shoe was on the other foot and we were in for a 20-goal striker from a leading French club . We wouldn't believe our luck at that price. The problem is that our judgment is clouded by bad memories.

And the fact we are scared that no-one will match his wages, which (probably won't but) could result in him spending a season on the bench here, with us paying him huge amounts, then leave on a free this time next year.

It's not worth the gamble of trying to squeeze another million or two.
Gomis of to Galatasaray on 16:43 - May 25 with 3177 viewsYossarian

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 16:32 - May 25 by AnotherJohn

Have to disagree - he's the wrong side of 33 but more importantly, he didn't want to play for us and if they are willing to pay the money and get him off the wage bill then fantastic. Return to what got us up, talented and hungry players or someone with a point to prove, and Gomis, my friend, was neither of these. He chose us over Newcastle because we paid him more than they were prepared to!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 16:49 - May 25 with 3158 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What I don't get is why Marseille has cooled on him, especially with them qualifying for Europa.

If they let Galatasaray steal him away for only 4m, I'd be really furious if I were a Marseille fan.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Gomis of to Galatasaray on 17:30 - May 25 with 3059 viewsSwansea93

He'd probably be worth 8m if he had two years left.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024