Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes 17:44 - Jul 17 with 5587 viewsmax936

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/bbc-civil-war-looming-as-broadcaster-is-for

No wonder there's so much crap on they can't afford to spend on more decent viewing, just how does Graham fecking Norton get a 2.5 mill salary ffs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 07:12 - Jul 19 with 983 viewssquarebear

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 00:53 - Jul 19 by PozuelosSideys

So break it down for me then. Tell me where he spends all his time to earn that

Just wanted to highlight that in addition to his evening show there's his weekly three hour radio show. Plus Eurovision.

I doubt there's too much preparation time involved in his radio show as it seems unprepared, and hours 2 and 3 he just seems to be "phoning it in" (not literally).

Some of his 2.52m (I've not seen this broken down) is related to royalty payments.
So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 08:58 - Jul 19 with 963 viewsfelixstowe_jack

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 11:39 - Jul 18 by Highjack

Just watching bbc news now and there was a 20 minute piece on a study on life expectancy dipping slightly. What was the cause of this according to the bbc? That's right. Theresa May and "austerity". Now there's a lot of things that she and her rabble can legitimately take the blame for but this is ridiculous."

I blame the rise in obesity over the last 20 years.

Interesting to see very little BBC coverage of 'UK inequality reduced since 2008'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40644850

It should please Corbyn

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 12:38 - Jul 19 with 935 viewsDr_Winston

Two hundred and fifty grand a year of licence payers money goes to Jason Mohammed. Money you must pay or go to court.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 13:55 - Jul 19 with 899 viewslonglostjack

I wonder why David Dimbleby isn't on that list

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 13:56 - Jul 19 with 899 viewsMarinaJack

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 12:38 - Jul 19 by Dr_Winston

Two hundred and fifty grand a year of licence payers money goes to Jason Mohammed. Money you must pay or go to court.

hard to disagree with the Good Dr here, that is a total disgrace
So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 15:04 - Jul 19 with 883 viewsPozuelosSideys

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 07:12 - Jul 19 by squarebear

Just wanted to highlight that in addition to his evening show there's his weekly three hour radio show. Plus Eurovision.

I doubt there's too much preparation time involved in his radio show as it seems unprepared, and hours 2 and 3 he just seems to be "phoning it in" (not literally).

Some of his 2.52m (I've not seen this broken down) is related to royalty payments.

Cheers

I havent looked at the numbers or how the total spend is broken down. But im curious as to whether the £2.52m is his entire earnings from the BBC for the year or just for his Graham Norton show.

I suspect there is a fair bit of writing and researchers, but they probably have armies of these guys scripting everything

Id be interested to see whether these diclosures only cover what is "taxpayer funded" or whether it includes funding coming from other sources such as the EU, and other countries where the rights have been sold (ie income from Top Gear sold in the US etc)

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 16:32 - Jul 19 with 858 viewsexiledclaseboy

Now I yield to no one in my complete and irrational dislike of Jason Mohammed but he does multiple presenting jobs across national TV and radio and five radio shows a week on Radio Wales. It's not like he's sitting on his thumbs picking up money for nothing.

I don't watch Norton or listen to Chris Evans but I've no doubt both of them could earn more on commercial TV and radio if they were so minded.

The real story here is why the BBC is still apparently paying women lower salaries than men for particular jobs. It's none of my business how much anyone earns really.

Poll: Tory leader

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 17:03 - Jul 19 with 850 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 23:02 - Jul 17 by jack2jack

Well I agree with you,always a good show imo, whether or not he is worth 2.5 million is up for debate,if his employers are prepared to pay that for him,then he must be,not saying it's right,when you look at nurses,police pay etc and I'm not saying they are comparable at all,just saying it's unfair.If it wasn't him it'd be someone else.

That must include London weighting

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 17:58 - Jul 19 with 829 viewsswanjackal

So the biggest shows, the bigger perceived celebrity names, longer terms of service or more active presenters get paid the most. Not really a shock.

Unless there is a centralised pay scale for entertainers set out by the BBC, not much is able to change there. The better negotiator gets the better contract.

It would be more interesting to see the pay levels of comparative roles , and the rank and file figures.

People can debate their worth, but no real controversy there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:31 - Jul 19 with 784 viewsPozuelosSideys

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 16:32 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Now I yield to no one in my complete and irrational dislike of Jason Mohammed but he does multiple presenting jobs across national TV and radio and five radio shows a week on Radio Wales. It's not like he's sitting on his thumbs picking up money for nothing.

I don't watch Norton or listen to Chris Evans but I've no doubt both of them could earn more on commercial TV and radio if they were so minded.

The real story here is why the BBC is still apparently paying women lower salaries than men for particular jobs. It's none of my business how much anyone earns really.

Got any particular examples of gender pay bias in mind?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:33 - Jul 19 with 782 viewsdickythorpe

I don't really want to know what anyone is on. Good luck to anyone who can earn big bucks.

We get massive problems at times in work when stupidly someone reveals their pay, and it can be that one gets 20p an hour more.

Anyway if anyone thinks they could do better than Mohammed, Lineker, winkleman et al then do a media study course, write to the broadcasters, promote yourself on social media. Big yourself up - you get rewarded for it in this day and age.

However, and this is my take on it as a man In his early 40's who experienced some lows (as well as highs) I'd rather health and happiness over wealth anyday.
So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:37 - Jul 19 with 780 viewsexiledclaseboy

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:31 - Jul 19 by PozuelosSideys

Got any particular examples of gender pay bias in mind?

It's difficult to be specific really without knowing contractual details, which is why I said "apparently' but on the surface it seems that male presenters on the Today show get paid more than their female counterparts. In fact that seems to be a running theme among the news journalists in general looking at the figures. More generally, only a third of the 96 top earners listed today are women.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:41 - Jul 19 with 770 viewsPozuelosSideys

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:37 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

It's difficult to be specific really without knowing contractual details, which is why I said "apparently' but on the surface it seems that male presenters on the Today show get paid more than their female counterparts. In fact that seems to be a running theme among the news journalists in general looking at the figures. More generally, only a third of the 96 top earners listed today are women.

Il be honest, i have a stake in this particular topic in my professional life and the agenda being pushed here in the public eye is misleading and counterproductive.

Media in particular is a difficult industry. Example - man and woman on the Today show. Both join on 100k pa. Guy has been there for 5 years, woman has been there for 2. Guy has been through 4 contract renewal negotiations, a woman has been through one. Is there a gender pay bias there? Probably not - depends how you interpret it - oh, and how good yours and your agents negotiation skills are.

The underlying data suggests the questions that should be asked are why are women not progressing through the grades/heirarchies in the same way as men are. It seems the vast majority of womens careers stagnate at middle managament.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:42 - Jul 19 with 767 viewsDarran

I'm really stunned that anyone in the UK is shocked by these wages they must have been living on the moon for over a decade.
I really couldn't give much of a fuçk but I do think Lineker is a total çunt.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:43 - Jul 19 with 764 viewsSwans777

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 16:32 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

You don't think it's your business what people earn at the BBC ?.
Well I hope then you don't buy a tv license then.
So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:44 - Jul 19 with 761 viewsdickythorpe

I wouldn't want Lineker's job anyway. I know the scores hours before he does.
So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:44 - Jul 19 with 761 viewsexiledclaseboy

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:43 - Jul 19 by Swans777

You don't think it's your business what people earn at the BBC ?.
Well I hope then you don't buy a tv license then.

I do if course. I'd happily pay more as well. But I still don't see why I have the right to know what its employees earn. My own wages are paid out of public money, does that mean everyone has the right to know what I earn as well?

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:46 - Jul 19 with 758 viewsSwans777

People need to rise up and refuse to pay the license fee.
Absolutely scandalous, to be forced to pay for a service (BBC) that you may not even want.
So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:46 - Jul 19 with 758 viewsDarran

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:44 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

I do if course. I'd happily pay more as well. But I still don't see why I have the right to know what its employees earn. My own wages are paid out of public money, does that mean everyone has the right to know what I earn as well?

Plus it's not the fault of the employees what they earn either.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:46 - Jul 19 with 758 viewsexiledclaseboy

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:41 - Jul 19 by PozuelosSideys

Il be honest, i have a stake in this particular topic in my professional life and the agenda being pushed here in the public eye is misleading and counterproductive.

Media in particular is a difficult industry. Example - man and woman on the Today show. Both join on 100k pa. Guy has been there for 5 years, woman has been there for 2. Guy has been through 4 contract renewal negotiations, a woman has been through one. Is there a gender pay bias there? Probably not - depends how you interpret it - oh, and how good yours and your agents negotiation skills are.

The underlying data suggests the questions that should be asked are why are women not progressing through the grades/heirarchies in the same way as men are. It seems the vast majority of womens careers stagnate at middle managament.

I don't disagree with anything you said.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:48 - Jul 19 with 755 viewsswanjackal

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:37 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Today show? Do you mean The One show?

If that is the one then maybe it's because the guy presents a second popular show as well as it. Does he not work on Countryfile? Also seems to have a longer service record too.

News journalists may possibly be due to length of service, and prominence also.

The parameters , as you outlined initially, are non existent, and thus without comparing many factors, there isn't a great deal to judge on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:50 - Jul 19 with 752 viewsexiledclaseboy

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:48 - Jul 19 by swanjackal

Today show? Do you mean The One show?

If that is the one then maybe it's because the guy presents a second popular show as well as it. Does he not work on Countryfile? Also seems to have a longer service record too.

News journalists may possibly be due to length of service, and prominence also.

The parameters , as you outlined initially, are non existent, and thus without comparing many factors, there isn't a great deal to judge on.

No, I meant the Today Show. If I'd meant The One Show I'd have said The One Show.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:51 - Jul 19 with 750 viewsDarran

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:50 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

No, I meant the Today Show. If I'd meant The One Show I'd have said The One Show.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:53 - Jul 19 with 747 viewsswanjackal

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:42 - Jul 19 by Darran

I'm really stunned that anyone in the UK is shocked by these wages they must have been living on the moon for over a decade.
I really couldn't give much of a fuçk but I do think Lineker is a total çunt.

Exactly. I think the only one on the main list, other than the Irish fella, who I have no idea who he is that stunned me was Shearer. Wouldn't have expected emotionless football punditry to be so lucrative on the BBC. I hope Garth Crooks is on a wage for his bizarre ramblings, a far more entertaining fella.

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:55 - Jul 19 with 743 viewsexiledclaseboy

So this is where our TV Licence Money Goes on 19:53 - Jul 19 by swanjackal

Exactly. I think the only one on the main list, other than the Irish fella, who I have no idea who he is that stunned me was Shearer. Wouldn't have expected emotionless football punditry to be so lucrative on the BBC. I hope Garth Crooks is on a wage for his bizarre ramblings, a far more entertaining fella.

I bet Stuart Hall used to get a tidy whack for his surreal full time reports on Radio 5...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024