Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. 22:16 - Aug 9 with 11798 viewsSwans777

Flynn, Martinez, Rodgers, Tate, Monk, Rangel, Britton, Trundle and a few more.
Great evening at the Liberty, made me feel proud to be a Jack, my friends. 👍
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 06:49 - Aug 10 with 1804 viewsSwans777

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 06:14 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

The man who turned Flynn's team into winners and delivered the first promotion wasn't there.

"All the architects" my arse.

Your post proves the negativity among members of this board.
The glass is always half empty brigade is live & kicking on here.

Thankfully this board doesn't represent the vast majority of Swans fans.
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 09:30 - Aug 10 with 1734 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 06:49 - Aug 10 by Swans777

Your post proves the negativity among members of this board.
The glass is always half empty brigade is live & kicking on here.

Thankfully this board doesn't represent the vast majority of Swans fans.

I don't see what negatives he's said there mate, with all due respect. Why is it that Kenny and Paulo are airbrushed from our rise, despite the significant impact that they had, Paulo in particular?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 09:53 - Aug 10 with 1717 viewsLoyal

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 06:14 - Aug 10 by Dr_Winston

The man who turned Flynn's team into winners and delivered the first promotion wasn't there.

Probably his supporting life, ten years.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 09:54 - Aug 10 with 1717 viewsWarwickHunt

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 09:30 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

I don't see what negatives he's said there mate, with all due respect. Why is it that Kenny and Paulo are airbrushed from our rise, despite the significant impact that they had, Paulo in particular?

Because Sousa's football went over the heads of many on here.
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 09:56 - Aug 10 with 1714 viewsWarwickHunt

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 00:06 - Aug 10 by EasternJack

This tit is one more "my friend" from joining DYSS and Placebo on my ignore list

At least he's stopped "PMSL" every post.
All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 10:14 - Aug 10 with 1677 viewsDr_Winston

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 09:30 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Possibly because neither of them had much tolerance for bullshit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 11:25 - Aug 10 with 1630 viewsswancity

He wasn't there for a reason Jobs. He'd fallen out with every plucker by the time he was sacked as we slid down the league table.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 11:27 - Aug 10 with 1621 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 09:54 - Aug 10 by WarwickHunt

Because Sousa's football went over the heads of many on here.

Not just here, but every documentary and fairy tale (JTAK) too

Login to get fewer ads

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 11:42 - Aug 10 with 1606 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 11:25 - Aug 10 by swancity

He wasn't there for a reason Jobs. He'd fallen out with every plucker by the time he was sacked as we slid down the league table.

Nothing to do with el greaseball sh*t stirring, hey?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 11:54 - Aug 10 with 1598 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 11:42 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Nothing to do with el greaseball sh*t stirring, hey?

Innit a manager releases a player at the end of a season like happens at every club in the land since the beginning of time and he's the bad guy.

Fuçk me even Forbes had a moan because he turned up over an hour late for his meeting and Jackett had gone home.

Pricks.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 12:03 - Aug 10 with 1584 viewsEasternJack

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 06:08 - Aug 10 by Swans777

Goodbye my friend

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 12:50 - Aug 10 with 1545 viewsr0ckin

Absolutely spot on.

Flynn for me is the forgotten man, his legacy was absolutely awesome. He rescued us after the shambles of Cusack (no disrespect loved the man) and managed to bring in the likes of Tate, Trundle, Leon and Martinez

Just think about that for one second, all of those players were iconic for us. We survived by the skin of our teeth then nearly got promoted following season, I believe he holds a special place in the hearts of those of us who understand the game.

I watched from the stands yesterday with that feeling of thank you to all those who have been focal to us becoming a premier league team. We've had ups and downs along the way but I'm proud to be a swans fan, for me it really brought home our soul as a club.

I know there's always the very small Kenny Jackett and Sousa groupies out there who keep the flame flying but they were periods to forget really. The core of our success was built around a vision and the three focal points were Flynn, Martinez & of course Rodgers.

Pleasure to be there to celebrate our golden period.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 1519 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 11:54 - Aug 10 by Darran

Innit a manager releases a player at the end of a season like happens at every club in the land since the beginning of time and he's the bad guy.

Fuçk me even Forbes had a moan because he turned up over an hour late for his meeting and Jackett had gone home.

Pricks.

I wonder if Leon and Judas spoke to each other?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 13:07 - Aug 10 with 1511 viewswaynekerr55

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 12:50 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Absolutely spot on.

Flynn for me is the forgotten man, his legacy was absolutely awesome. He rescued us after the shambles of Cusack (no disrespect loved the man) and managed to bring in the likes of Tate, Trundle, Leon and Martinez

Just think about that for one second, all of those players were iconic for us. We survived by the skin of our teeth then nearly got promoted following season, I believe he holds a special place in the hearts of those of us who understand the game.

I watched from the stands yesterday with that feeling of thank you to all those who have been focal to us becoming a premier league team. We've had ups and downs along the way but I'm proud to be a swans fan, for me it really brought home our soul as a club.

I know there's always the very small Kenny Jackett and Sousa groupies out there who keep the flame flying but they were periods to forget really. The core of our success was built around a vision and the three focal points were Flynn, Martinez & of course Rodgers.

Pleasure to be there to celebrate our golden period.

Periods to forget? Jackett was penalties away from back to back promotions, played some great stuff (Brizzle City home) and finished the job Brian Burnley Flynn started. Nobody has forgotten Flynn, his wheeling and dealing sorted us out, he kick started it.

Sousa then tidied up Judas' raping and pillaging of club staff and finished higher up the league table despite losing 40+ goals from Scotland and Gomez. He also had the ghost of Monk/Guidolin future at the wheels of transfer business.

To mock their achievements is errant bollocks. Did you have input on the JTAK script by any chance?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 15:06 - Aug 10 with 1449 viewsDr_Winston

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 13:07 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

Periods to forget? Jackett was penalties away from back to back promotions, played some great stuff (Brizzle City home) and finished the job Brian Burnley Flynn started. Nobody has forgotten Flynn, his wheeling and dealing sorted us out, he kick started it.

Sousa then tidied up Judas' raping and pillaging of club staff and finished higher up the league table despite losing 40+ goals from Scotland and Gomez. He also had the ghost of Monk/Guidolin future at the wheels of transfer business.

To mock their achievements is errant bollocks. Did you have input on the JTAK script by any chance?

Flynn fanboys are weird. Usually the first in the queue to disparage the considerably greater achievements of the man who replaced him too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 15:50 - Aug 10 with 1426 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 13:07 - Aug 10 by waynekerr55

I don't see them as periods of time that were lost just forgettable.

I believe Flynn would have got us promoted, any manager worth their salt would have got that team promoted and I strongly disagree regarding the football under Jackett. It was for the most part dire.

Sousa is soo overrated with some, this Martinez myth that has developed is just that a myth. If you talk to the likes of Brendan Rodgers they would laud his achievements here. We had great foundations to work with, people still have a hissy fit over this period because they treat Martinez like an ex Mrs. It's largely pathetic.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 15:52 - Aug 10 with 1418 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 15:50 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

I don't see them as periods of time that were lost just forgettable.

I believe Flynn would have got us promoted, any manager worth their salt would have got that team promoted and I strongly disagree regarding the football under Jackett. It was for the most part dire.

Sousa is soo overrated with some, this Martinez myth that has developed is just that a myth. If you talk to the likes of Brendan Rodgers they would laud his achievements here. We had great foundations to work with, people still have a hissy fit over this period because they treat Martinez like an ex Mrs. It's largely pathetic.

Flynn might have got us promoted if he could have been arsed to be here instead of treating us in such a disgraceful manner.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:04 - Aug 10 with 1405 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 15:52 - Aug 10 by Darran

Flynn might have got us promoted if he could have been arsed to be here instead of treating us in such a disgraceful manner.

Point is whatever the finer details he left a tremendous legacy and any manager worth their salt would have got us promoted.

I mean Tate, Trundle, Leon, Martinez to name but a few.

When you consider we were down in all but name when he took over. It amazes me how some will laud Jackett over Flynn is doesn't make sense. It's like praising an incoming Government for the construction of a new bridge. It's called a legacy.

Jackett did an ok job, I'd never say he took us backwards but as Tate quite clearly showed the 3 key men were Flynn, Martinez and Rodgers. No question.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:06 - Aug 10 with 1399 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:04 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Point is whatever the finer details he left a tremendous legacy and any manager worth their salt would have got us promoted.

When you consider we were down in all but name when he took over. It amazes me how some will laud Jackett over Flynn is doesn't make sense. It's like praising an incoming Government for the construction of a new bridge. It's called a legacy.

Jackett did an ok job, I'd never say he took us backwards but as Tate quite clearly showed the 3 key men were Flynn, Martinez and Rodgers. No question.

"An ok job"

He almost got us two successive promotions he deserves more credit.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:08 - Aug 10 with 1394 viewsr0ckin

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:06 - Aug 10 by Darran

"An ok job"

He almost got us two successive promotions he deserves more credit.

Won us the paint trophy and moved us forward.

Decent job, but no defining legacy like the other 3.

Peace

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:09 - Aug 10 with 1389 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:08 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

Won us the paint trophy and moved us forward.

Decent job, but no defining legacy like the other 3.

What a load of Bollox.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:20 - Aug 10 with 1374 viewsDr_Winston

Flynn's "legacy" was a team so hopelessly unfit and ill disciplined it couldn't perform for more than about 50 minutes a game.

It took a proper professional manager to whip them into shape and, with his own shrewd defensive signings, put together a team capable of winning promotion at the first time of asking.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:33 - Aug 10 with 1361 viewsEasternJack

Interesting thread.

Personally I view them all (Flynn onwards) as integral to the journey we needed to take to get to where we are today (up until Laudrup - after that it went off the rails). They all contributed in an important way - some more than others in terms of importance of success, but each equally important to the overall journey.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:34 - Aug 10 with 1358 viewsDarran

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:33 - Aug 10 by EasternJack

Interesting thread.

Personally I view them all (Flynn onwards) as integral to the journey we needed to take to get to where we are today (up until Laudrup - after that it went off the rails). They all contributed in an important way - some more than others in terms of importance of success, but each equally important to the overall journey.

Indeed.

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:38 - Aug 10 with 1353 viewsGaryjack

All the architects of the Renaissance of Swansea city fc were there tonight. on 16:04 - Aug 10 by r0ckin

"When you consider we were down in all but name when he took over." There was still 37 games left mun! .....and he lost 18 of those!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024