Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Very dangerous. 14:26 - Aug 13 with 4332 viewsSwans777

People will soon have to have driving lessons on the motorways, before the pass their test.
Very dangerous in my opinion.
Very dangerous. on 18:08 - Aug 13 with 1075 viewsJack_Kass

Very dangerous. on 18:03 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

F*ck me sideways

Does the car magically change in any appearance or form once it gets on the M4?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Very dangerous. on 18:12 - Aug 13 with 1071 viewsNeath_Jack

Very dangerous. on 18:08 - Aug 13 by Jack_Kass

Yes, they morph into giant black penis.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Very dangerous. on 18:47 - Aug 13 with 1050 viewsjack2jack

Anymore dangerous than some of the Muppets with licences that already frequent our motorways FFS, some of the driving I've seen over the years beggars belief.😠
Very dangerous. on 19:10 - Aug 13 with 1046 viewsFlashberryjack

Very dangerous. on 17:32 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

I think all new drivers should be made to take a Welsh language exam before they do their actual driving test. Those bilingual signs are a right bastard.

Good point....but what about drivers that can't read them whether they're in English or Welsh ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Very dangerous. on 19:41 - Aug 13 with 1029 viewsJackfath

Very dangerous. on 18:47 - Aug 13 by jack2jack

Anymore dangerous than some of the Muppets with licences that already frequent our motorways FFS, some of the driving I've seen over the years beggars belief.😠

I encountered one of these the other day, not on the motorway, but on the Mumbles Road. They were sitting in the outside lane indicating to turn right up Brynmill Lane. The filter lane was full and they had obviously overshot the turning. I was behind them, flashed and parped my horn and they started gesticulating like I was the one who was in the wrong.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Very dangerous. on 19:43 - Aug 13 with 1028 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very dangerous. on 19:41 - Aug 13 by Jackfath

I encountered one of these the other day, not on the motorway, but on the Mumbles Road. They were sitting in the outside lane indicating to turn right up Brynmill Lane. The filter lane was full and they had obviously overshot the turning. I was behind them, flashed and parped my horn and they started gesticulating like I was the one who was in the wrong.

It's illegal to parp your horn in such a manner. Shane on you.

Poll: Tory leader

Very dangerous. on 19:50 - Aug 13 with 1020 viewsjack2jack

Very dangerous. on 19:41 - Aug 13 by Jackfath

That's the thing though, they are never wrong.
Very dangerous. on 19:57 - Aug 13 with 1016 viewsNeath_Jack

Very dangerous. on 19:10 - Aug 13 by Flashberryjack

Good point....but what about drivers that can't read them whether they're in English or Welsh ?

Refuse them a licence.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Very dangerous. on 20:06 - Aug 13 with 1007 viewsjack2jack

Very dangerous. on 19:43 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

It's illegal to parp your horn in such a manner. Shane on you.

It should be made illegal to drive like a tvvat too
Very dangerous. on 20:07 - Aug 13 with 1007 viewsunion_jack

Very dangerous. on 19:10 - Aug 13 by Flashberryjack

You mean non-language specific people. Yes, they should have a role in society.

On this issue, what about Mrs Fortescue from Surrey, down here on her hols and her 5 year old has an anyphylactic shock. She's frantically trying to find Morriston Hospital and doesn't know the Welsh for it and misses the turn because she doesn't see it on time.

5 year old can't be saved when they get to the hospital due to the minutes wasted trying to turn around.

Of course, incredibly unlikely but there are undoubtedly a million scenarios one could come up which would have higher risk. I've no problem with bi-lingual signs (well maybe I have) but the two languages should be easily distinguished such as by different font type or something.

I expect some backlash but I'm never going to change my opinion on the matter. I wish the WAG would though however.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Very dangerous. on 20:14 - Aug 13 with 997 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very dangerous. on 20:07 - Aug 13 by union_jack

You mean non-language specific people. Yes, they should have a role in society.

On this issue, what about Mrs Fortescue from Surrey, down here on her hols and her 5 year old has an anyphylactic shock. She's frantically trying to find Morriston Hospital and doesn't know the Welsh for it and misses the turn because she doesn't see it on time.

5 year old can't be saved when they get to the hospital due to the minutes wasted trying to turn around.

Of course, incredibly unlikely but there are undoubtedly a million scenarios one could come up which would have higher risk. I've no problem with bi-lingual signs (well maybe I have) but the two languages should be easily distinguished such as by different font type or something.

I expect some backlash but I'm never going to change my opinion on the matter. I wish the WAG would though however.

The two languages are easily distinguishable by the fact that they're different languages. Mrs Fortescue's brain would automatically zone out the Welsh place names and concentrate on the English ones. She wouldn't even have to think about it. I do it, because I don't speak Welsh. It's easy. Honest.

Very dangerous. on 20:20 - Aug 13 with 989 viewsunion_jack

Very dangerous. on 20:14 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

The two languages are easily distinguishable by the fact that they're different languages. Mrs Fortescue's brain would automatically zone out the Welsh place names and concentrate on the English ones. She wouldn't even have to think about it. I do it, because I don't speak Welsh. It's easy. Honest.

Think that answer through now and take into account what I said in my post.

-Doesn't recognise Welsh (you do and have a smattering). It merges into one.

-Doesn't come from here so has to rely on signage.

-In a panic due to the situation so not easy to decipher one from the other.

You are defending something which in my mind, and plenty of others, is wrong and easily dealt with. Go to Ireland and see what they do.

Very dangerous. on 20:26 - Aug 13 with 982 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very dangerous. on 20:20 - Aug 13 by union_jack

Think that answer through now and take into account what I said in my post.

-Doesn't recognise Welsh (you do and have a smattering). It merges into one.

-Doesn't come from here so has to rely on signage.

-In a panic due to the situation so not easy to decipher one from the other.

You are defending something which in my mind, and plenty of others, is wrong and easily dealt with. Go to Ireland and see what they do.

they won't "merge into one" at all. The Welsh will be a collection of letters that Mrs F doesn't recognise and has no interest in. The English will take the form of familiar and easily understandable words that she will automatically focus on. As we're dealing in hypotheticals I'd posit that Mrs F may also have some experience at driving outside of the UK where many places don't have English on their road signs at all. I reckon she'll be ok.

This is almost the very definition of a non-issue.

Very dangerous. on 20:29 - Aug 13 with 976 viewsNeath_Jack

Oh dear, i hoped i wouldn't cause any kerfuffle when i posted that.

Very dangerous. on 20:35 - Aug 13 with 971 viewsunion_jack

Very dangerous. on 20:26 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

they won't "merge into one" at all. The Welsh will be a collection of letters that Mrs F doesn't recognise and has no interest in. The English will take the form of familiar and easily understandable words that she will automatically focus on. As we're dealing in hypotheticals I'd posit that Mrs F may also have some experience at driving outside of the UK where many places don't have English on their road signs at all. I reckon she'll be ok.

This is almost the very definition of a non-issue.

You are wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. I have a business that attracts people mostly from England and the topic has arisen on many occasions. No one finds it user friendly when it could be quite easily.

And yes, if she drives in `France or Germany there may be issues but she may have a smattering of the language. Not many understand one word of Welsh and nor should they as it is an English speaking country predominantly. Did I say not have it in Welsh at all? No, make it more recognisable to the c. 60 million people in the UK who speak it and many millions more that visit from across the world.

To call it a non-issue is clearly not understanding the issue. Or not trying to do which then smacks of arrogance. With respect of course

Very dangerous. on 20:42 - Aug 13 with 964 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very dangerous. on 20:35 - Aug 13 by union_jack

You are wrong. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. I have a business that attracts people mostly from England and the topic has arisen on many occasions. No one finds it user friendly when it could be quite easily.

And yes, if she drives in `France or Germany there may be issues but she may have a smattering of the language. Not many understand one word of Welsh and nor should they as it is an English speaking country predominantly. Did I say not have it in Welsh at all? No, make it more recognisable to the c. 60 million people in the UK who speak it and many millions more that visit from across the world.

To call it a non-issue is clearly not understanding the issue. Or not trying to do which then smacks of arrogance. With respect of course

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all and it certainly doesn't make it a "fact". If it were such an issue Wales would have a much higher accident rate than other parts of the UK. It doesn't. So you're saying that Mrs F will struggle in Wales with signs in two languages, one of which she understands perfectly but would be safer in France where there is absolutely no English on the signs at all. That's a huge leap and a bit silly. A non-issue.

Very dangerous. on 21:01 - Aug 13 with 950 viewsunion_jack

Very dangerous. on 20:42 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

Anecdotal evidence is no evidence at all and it certainly doesn't make it a "fact". If it were such an issue Wales would have a much higher accident rate than other parts of the UK. It doesn't. So you're saying that Mrs F will struggle in Wales with signs in two languages, one of which she understands perfectly but would be safer in France where there is absolutely no English on the signs at all. That's a huge leap and a bit silly. A non-issue.

Just because there have been no accidents doesn't mean it is the safest of policies nor that it is to many, damned inconvenient. Unnecessarily!

Don't try and trap me into saying that in France they speak French, that it's their language and then try a check-mate move on me. That won't work.

But the main language of Wales is, you're not going to like this, English. Forget equal status because the numbers don't stack up. And no-one is going to visit from outside and have an understanding of Welsh. Don't be silly and say Patagonia!

You know I'm right but you won't concede because that's not your style. And if I'm sounding a bit like The Res here, well I believe in what I'm saying not just in a wind-up.

Please have the last word. I have a wife to beat and I'm late ready!!

Very dangerous. on 21:04 - Aug 13 with 945 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very dangerous. on 21:01 - Aug 13 by union_jack

Just because there have been no accidents doesn't mean it is the safest of policies nor that it is to many, damned inconvenient. Unnecessarily!

Don't try and trap me into saying that in France they speak French, that it's their language and then try a check-mate move on me. That won't work.

But the main language of Wales is, you're not going to like this, English. Forget equal status because the numbers don't stack up. And no-one is going to visit from outside and have an understanding of Welsh. Don't be silly and say Patagonia!

You know I'm right but you won't concede because that's not your style. And if I'm sounding a bit like The Res here, well I believe in what I'm saying not just in a wind-up.

Please have the last word. I have a wife to beat and I'm late ready!!

I think you're talking absolute nonsense to be honest but you're entitled to your view even if there is no evidence to back it up. Let's agree to disagree cos I wouldn't want to keep you from showing Mrs UJ the four walls.

Very dangerous. on 21:05 - Aug 13 with 939 viewsDr_Winston

Is motorway driving massively different from dual carriageway driving other than the slower speed limit?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Very dangerous. on 21:08 - Aug 13 with 931 viewsexiledclaseboy

Very dangerous. on 21:05 - Aug 13 by Dr_Winston

Is motorway driving massively different from dual carriageway driving other than the slower speed limit?

Depends whether you can read the road signs.

Very dangerous. on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 926 viewsjack2jack

The style of font was specifically chosen due to the fact that it is easily distinguished,it is proven that the words on signs are not read,however the pattern of the wording is easily picked out, the size of font,spacings of words all help in recognising words quickly and easily.
Very dangerous. on 21:13 - Aug 13 with 923 viewsunion_jack

Very dangerous. on 21:04 - Aug 13 by exiledclaseboy

I think you're talking absolute nonsense to be honest but you're entitled to your view even if there is no evidence to back it up. Let's agree to disagree cos I wouldn't want to keep you from showing Mrs UJ the four walls.

She was very grateful, thanks.

Very dangerous. on 08:18 - Aug 14 with 865 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Some funny ideas on here. It seems to be fine for a learner driver to drive on a busy A road that is a dual carriage with slips roads often with shorter slips road than motorways but he cannot drive on a motorway which is a safer road. A learner could drive on the A1 but not on the A1M.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Very dangerous. on 09:00 - Aug 14 with 852 viewsMrSwerve

I don't see all the fuss about motorway driving. It's not hard to hold the wheel straight and keep your speed at 65-70mph. It's no different to Fabian way towards the m4 end. National speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph and learners are perfectly fine to drive on those.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Very dangerous. on 09:03 - Aug 14 with 849 viewsMrSwerve

Very dangerous. on 18:08 - Aug 13 by Jack_Kass

Maybe it was just a proposition.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024