Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome home Wilfred 20:04 - Aug 26 with 23119 viewsdazdec197296

Bony to sign by Monday.
Welcome home Wilfred on 00:49 - Aug 29 with 2733 viewsSwansea93

Welcome home Wilfred on 00:35 - Aug 29 by lancasterswan

Here's a left field thought. Ignore Wilf. What would you ask Chelsea for Llorente if we took on Abraham full time?

They'd never let Abraham leave permanently now, he's just signed a new 50k a week 5 year deal at Chelsea, if he scores goals for us, I think we'd possibly have another loan before he breaks into the Chelsea team, depending on how successful he is.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Welcome home Wilfred on 01:16 - Aug 29 with 2682 viewslancasterswan

That's what I was afraid of. An upcoming asset or fit in replacement home grown for Chelsea.... BUT, BUT, if they want, really want, Llorente, would you negotiate an exchange? Chelsea can afford the services of an over 30 on a short shelf life but we can speculate on a twenty year old. As an obvious 'selling club' it might be exceptional business in 12 months time to secure Abraham full time....
Welcome home Wilfred on 02:03 - Aug 29 with 2634 viewsNirvana

Welcome home Wilfred on 23:51 - Aug 27 by harryhpalmer

it was a bit more than a chip. he broke his lower arm. I while it didnt require surgery, it's still a 3-6 week immobility of the arm.

"Rehabilitation typically begins after a few weeks of keeping the arm still by using a cast or brace. In many cases, a physical therapist will help with rehabilitation, beginning with gentle exercises to increase range of motion, and gradually adding exercises to strengthen the arm. "

It can take between 3 and 6 months for a full recovery. in the meantime, he'd need to protect it and be careful with any over physical contact on the arm.

Bearing mind Llorente uses his arms to hold off defenders, and as leverage to jump, he is at obvious risk of physical contact when doing so, and thus danger with the arm still healing.

So it's not surprising that they are taking every precaution that he is right, and the arm is protected for as long as possible so he doesn't get hurt further, and damage the arm again, this time needing surgery.

Excellent post, Harry.
Welcome home Wilfred on 02:05 - Aug 29 with 2629 viewsNirvana

Welcome home Wilfred on 12:11 - Aug 28 by nantywatcher

£13 mill for a player no other club in the world has an interest in - madness. Christmas comes early to the Ethiad!

I disagree with you on Mesa, Nanty.

On Bony?

Have to say you're spot on here.
Welcome home Wilfred on 02:11 - Aug 29 with 2623 viewsNirvana

Welcome home Wilfred on 22:42 - Aug 28 by awayjack

So player who kept us up with six goals last year wanted by Chelsea, versus player the who's done nothing for 2 seasons who nobody else wants. Sound logic.

Spot on, Away.

It truly makes no sense.

If Bony scored 5-10 goals last season, you could make a case for him not getting proper time, etc.

But he scored two, against us, and they were both flukey/scrappy goals.

I am not confident he can be the Bony we all love, and I am confident Llorente will score this season.

Easy decision for me.
Welcome home Wilfred on 02:17 - Aug 29 with 2614 viewsE20Jack

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:11 - Aug 29 by Nirvana

Spot on, Away.

It truly makes no sense.

If Bony scored 5-10 goals last season, you could make a case for him not getting proper time, etc.

But he scored two, against us, and they were both flukey/scrappy goals.

I am not confident he can be the Bony we all love, and I am confident Llorente will score this season.

Easy decision for me.

Llorente is in the last year of his contract you moron.

I know you cannot grasp finance but this is painful.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:22 - Aug 29 with 2605 viewsNirvana

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:17 - Aug 29 by E20Jack

Llorente is in the last year of his contract you moron.

I know you cannot grasp finance but this is painful.

Update: 5th thread you've followed me to.
Welcome home Wilfred on 02:25 - Aug 29 with 2598 viewsE20Jack

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:22 - Aug 29 by Nirvana

Update: 5th thread you've followed me to.

Can you show us the 5 threads so we can decide who followed who?

So far I have the score as 3 threads you have followed me on to and 2 I have followed you on to. But I live in the real world not fantasyville like you.

I am hoping to equalise and even take the lead by the time I am finished though. Keep making silly comments if you can. "If you can" who am I kidding, of course you can
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 2:36]

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:35 - Aug 29 with 2571 viewsEasternJack

Guys - have a day off.

Bony is a big upgrade on Llorente. He matches his goal scoring capabilities and brings hold up and link up play that Llorente doesn't have. We need this as we become less dependent on set pieces.

Anyone who says Bony hasn't played for 2 years is not paying attention. His general play has been as good as he was with us (potentially better in his season with Man City). His lack of goal scoring is obvious to anyone who watched him thrive under us - he's a confidence player that needs games to get up to speed. Man City never gave him consistency and Stoke expected miracles from him out of the gate.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 2:39]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:41 - Aug 29 with 2555 viewsNirvana

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:35 - Aug 29 by EasternJack

Guys - have a day off.

Bony is a big upgrade on Llorente. He matches his goal scoring capabilities and brings hold up and link up play that Llorente doesn't have. We need this as we become less dependent on set pieces.

Anyone who says Bony hasn't played for 2 years is not paying attention. His general play has been as good as he was with us (potentially better in his season with Man City). His lack of goal scoring is obvious to anyone who watched him thrive under us - he's a confidence player that needs games to get up to speed. Man City never gave him consistency and Stoke expected miracles from him out of the gate.

Just for the record, Eastern, I've ignored the guy for quite some time. He commented on my threads with his usual bbullsshitt and I responded. He has now taken to following me around on every thread.

As for Bony, I just don't think he'll regain the form he showed with us. When I've seen him the past couple seasons, he has not been the player you're describing. I'd rather have Llorente.

Having said that, if he comes in I will support him like every other player. A lot of great memories of Wilf, and I am not against making more. I just don't think it's likely.

We can agree to disagree.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 2:42]
Welcome home Wilfred on 02:46 - Aug 29 with 2543 viewsE20Jack

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:41 - Aug 29 by Nirvana

Just for the record, Eastern, I've ignored the guy for quite some time. He commented on my threads with his usual bbullsshitt and I responded. He has now taken to following me around on every thread.

As for Bony, I just don't think he'll regain the form he showed with us. When I've seen him the past couple seasons, he has not been the player you're describing. I'd rather have Llorente.

Having said that, if he comes in I will support him like every other player. A lot of great memories of Wilf, and I am not against making more. I just don't think it's likely.

We can agree to disagree.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 2:42]

I was not talking to you, you felt it necessary to challenge me as you could not face the fact someone watched a Las Palmas game and said Viera was rubbish. You decided to question me on the game, when I got the answer correct (and compounded it with external analysis agreeing he was rubbish) you threw a tantrum and ran away and went and quoted me on yet another thread. You were made to look an idiot on there and ran away from that one too.

You counted them as me following you bizarrely, and even counted a thread twice by proclaiming it was the 4th thread I followed you on (it was the 2nd as you are great for my sport urge) and then claimed later it was the 6th (it was still the 2nd).

You are truly wonderful
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 2:51]

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:51 - Aug 29 with 2541 viewsLeonWasGod

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:35 - Aug 29 by EasternJack

Guys - have a day off.

Bit harsh to write Llorente off as a set piece merchant only. Some of his hold up play for us last season was excellent.
Welcome home Wilfred on 02:57 - Aug 29 with 2532 viewsEasternJack

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:51 - Aug 29 by LeonWasGod

Bit harsh to write Llorente off as a set piece merchant only. Some of his hold up play for us last season was excellent.

Sorry - didn't intend to suggest that on Llorente. He's a fine player who excels with balls into the penalty area. I just think Bony is much more well rounded - particular more so in hold-up/link-up play.

I'm happy to keep Llorente - I'd be delighted to swap him up for Bony.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Welcome home Wilfred on 03:08 - Aug 29 with 2518 viewsLeonWasGod

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:57 - Aug 29 by EasternJack

Sorry - didn't intend to suggest that on Llorente. He's a fine player who excels with balls into the penalty area. I just think Bony is much more well rounded - particular more so in hold-up/link-up play.

Fair enough, I'd agree with that. I can't see us having both of them, so presumably Bony is only likely if Llorente goes first. Either will do me but wish they'd get a move on. 3 days left.....
Welcome home Wilfred on 06:25 - Aug 29 with 2417 viewsjack247

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:51 - Aug 29 by LeonWasGod

He is far from a set piece merchant only, but his hold up play isn't in the same league as Bonys. At the same time, Bony is great in the air, but he's no Llorente.

If he had longer on his contract, it would be a different story, but as it is, even if we break even on transfer fees (I'm sure we will make a profit) I'd take Bony on a 2/3 year deal over Llorente going for nothing at the end of the season.
Welcome home Wilfred on 06:49 - Aug 29 with 2361 viewsandrew

Welcome home Wilfred on 02:03 - Aug 29 by Nirvana

Excellent post, Harry.

Well surely he would have been told 3-6 months? When I bumped into him beginning of July he said 1-2 months, which would mean next week latest.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Welcome home Wilfred on 06:50 - Aug 29 with 2361 viewsswansea68

Superb video. I can see Abraham linking up well with him. It's pace up front we need to run off him. He could prob help Narsingh get his game going . 2 speedsters up front with Wilf will get the best out of him.
Welcome home Wilfred on 08:10 - Aug 29 with 2188 viewsawayjack

Welcome home Wilfred on 06:50 - Aug 29 by swansea68

Superb video. I can see Abraham linking up well with him. It's pace up front we need to run off him. He could prob help Narsingh get his game going . 2 speedsters up front with Wilf will get the best out of him.

I hoe you're right about Wilf but have you seen how poor he's been at City and Stoke? I know their systems don't suit him, but what concerns me is he seems to have lost basic ball control, a yard of pace and missed so many easy goals. I hope there is something in the Swansea air he likes, but it would be a hell of a turnaround to get him back to player we sold. In PC we trust!!
Welcome home Wilfred on 08:21 - Aug 29 with 2140 viewskarnataka

Welcome home Wilfred on 06:50 - Aug 29 by swansea68

Great video compilation yes, but the music that accompanied it?? FFS, lasted about 10 seconds watched the rest on silent. Dear me.
Welcome home Wilfred on 09:34 - Aug 29 with 2029 viewsmax936

Bony has a 15yr old son so at a rough estimate he's surely around 33 to 35 and he's a heavy guy, I don't mean overweight but big built so how much has he got left in him I wonder.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Welcome home Wilfred on 09:47 - Aug 29 with 1952 viewscjjack

Welcome home Wilfred on 09:34 - Aug 29 by max936

Bony has a 15yr old son so at a rough estimate he's surely around 33 to 35 and he's a heavy guy, I don't mean overweight but big built so how much has he got left in him I wonder.

Bony's son played in an under 11's tournament in Manchester last summer..
Welcome home Wilfred on 09:53 - Aug 29 with 1930 viewsmax936

Welcome home Wilfred on 09:47 - Aug 29 by cjjack

Bony's son played in an under 11's tournament in Manchester last summer..

Has he just the one son? Fella told us last night that his son was 15 as his wife teaches him, thought it a bit strange unless she teachers in Manchester.

I need to practice this a bit more if that's false

Never believe anything you hear or read and only half of what you see

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Welcome home Wilfred on 09:59 - Aug 29 with 1906 viewswhoflungdung

Steve

Naked plagiarism there of Lou Reed.

Tsk

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Welcome home Wilfred on 10:00 - Aug 29 with 1899 viewscjjack

Welcome home Wilfred on 09:53 - Aug 29 by max936

Has he just the one son? Fella told us last night that his son was 15 as his wife teaches him, thought it a bit strange unless she teachers in Manchester.

I need to practice this a bit more if that's false

Never believe anything you hear or read and only half of what you see

He definitely had a son younger than 11.. but other than that I have no idea what to believe

Roll on Friday I say!
Welcome home Wilfred on 17:46 - Aug 29 with 1601 viewsawayjack

It comes down to our tactics. Agree Bony holds up play better, but if we're going with one CF it'll be Tammy. We've also struggled creating much in open play so far, and with over 40% of our goals last season from set-pieces, I don't think we'll create enough from open play to cover. Also if Tammy is starter, Wilf be spending a lot of time on bench . As a confidence player needs to be the main man. I'd love to see him smadhing goals in again, but it's a big risk. If it's PC call he must have decent plans. My worry is it's Huw reverting back to old players. Worked with Siggy so there is hope!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024