Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A fair assessment after ten games 19:12 - Oct 29 with 8572 viewsDarran

It's always said on here and probably on other clubs Forums too that you can get a fair assessment of where you are after ten games of the season.

So is it fair to say we are utter shite and are in a regulation battle?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:19 - Oct 29 with 2113 viewsE20Jack

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:16 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

I believe Clement had far more of a say in the last window than Guidolin ever did. The lack of decent wide players and abundance of midfielders seems to be exactly the kind of system he was aiming for.

It's down to him to get a tune out of what is, on paper, a far better side than performances so far have suggested. Problem is that a negative approach is leading to negative performances, and he needs to kick himself and the squad out of that funk or it won't be long before he's replaced.

Similar I would say.

Sanches for Clement and Paloschi for Guidolin.

Everyone else is probably on a longstanding list.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:19 - Oct 29 with 2113 viewsjack2jack

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:08 - Oct 29 by KingBony

See I think we are in a relegation battle after 10 games.

What makes you think we’ll play any better than we have up to this point?

We’re on course for 30 / 31 points as things stand, we didn’t exactly have a difficult start either really so even low thirties could be a problem.

Couple of wins on the bounce paints a different picture of course and I wish I could be more positive but if nothing significantly changes in terms of how we are setting up (particularly at home) and personnel I’m struggling to see how we’ll get lucky this season.

Hope I’m wrong.

Forgot to mention our home form or lack of it,this is key , if we can start getting results at home it will make all the difference that is obvious but true.
The next 3 game will be key and will probably tell us all we need to know,because if we don't turn it around before Christmas we could well be in the brown stuff.
Our fortunes have got to turn around and fast.
A fair assessment after ten games on 21:36 - Oct 29 with 2092 viewspencoedjack

A fair assessment after ten games on 19:22 - Oct 29 by lifelong

For some reason we are utter shite at home, that has to change, yes, we are in a relegation battle.

We are not much better away

Battered by Southampton
Lucky to get a point at Spurs
Won at a p iss poor Palace side
Lost to a p iss poor West Ham
On a positive note some improvement ar Arsenal yesterday.

We sold the 2 players that saved us from relegation & replaced them with players who have not improved us.

For some bizarre reason I don’t think we will get relegated as I think ther are 3 worse sides than us.

Anyway we are little old Swansea & should be grateful of 7 years in the top flight
A fair assessment after ten games on 21:37 - Oct 29 with 2093 viewsthe_gasman

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:39 - Oct 29 by TheResurrection

No but neither did you, did you? We probably saw the exact same 2 minutes of that game from Match of the Day.

We've played West Ham and we know there's nothing in that team to be afraid of or to think they are better. We've played and beaten Palace and the only difference there is Zaha, who I think is world class on his day, but there's a lot of pressure on his shoulders as they're a very average side.

Stoke beat Watford away but lost at home to Bournemouth. I hope people are not going to highlight random victories and pass them off as their standard. You wouldn't do that for the Swans, weird as it is considering you're supposed to be a supporter of us.

West Brom have won 3 times since February I think I heard yesterday - that is seriously worrying. Did we fold against Arsenal yesterday or Spurs? Strange you're so down on the team you're supposed to love.

Its all a bit doom and gloom innit. Shake yourself out of it FFS and get behind the Swans.

You're from Sketty, not Boscombe or Burselm or Birmingham, fack em all.

Sketty park. Not sketty. And if he was one of the Herbert’s from the 80’s. I’d know him

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:46 - Oct 29 with 2061 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:37 - Oct 29 by the_gasman

Sketty park. Not sketty. And if he was one of the Herbert’s from the 80’s. I’d know him

That being the case gasman you defy would know me.

I invented the Herberts.
A fair assessment after ten games on 21:48 - Oct 29 with 2049 viewsZZoric

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:36 - Oct 29 by pencoedjack

We are not much better away

Battered by Southampton
Lucky to get a point at Spurs
Won at a p iss poor Palace side
Lost to a p iss poor West Ham
On a positive note some improvement ar Arsenal yesterday.

We sold the 2 players that saved us from relegation & replaced them with players who have not improved us.

For some bizarre reason I don’t think we will get relegated as I think ther are 3 worse sides than us.

Anyway we are little old Swansea & should be grateful of 7 years in the top flight

yeah but no but

we've achieved beyond even the most negatives' worst positive - quite the achievement

u have a glimpse of positivity

can u articulate why ? - could be a lesson for the usual negatives........they need a guiding light
A fair assessment after ten games on 22:01 - Oct 29 with 2027 viewsthe_gasman

A fair assessment after ten games on 21:46 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

That being the case gasman you defy would know me.

I invented the Herberts.

Fair play 😀. Good old days of the spinning wheel as a base then off to cause chaos throughout the land. Gary ford , kiffy , balachy , torchy, Mel Jeff , custard, billy . Just a few off top of my head . Good times

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:05 - Oct 29 with 2012 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:01 - Oct 29 by the_gasman

Fair play 😀. Good old days of the spinning wheel as a base then off to cause chaos throughout the land. Gary ford , kiffy , balachy , torchy, Mel Jeff , custard, billy . Just a few off top of my head . Good times

Are you from Sketty Park, and what age are you, are you the same age as Jeff Ford and Balachy??
Login to get fewer ads

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:10 - Oct 29 with 1997 viewsthe_gasman

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:05 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

Are you from Sketty Park, and what age are you, are you the same age as Jeff Ford and Balachy??

Originally bud yes. I was few years younger than Jeff. He passed away earlier this year. I was good friends with both him and Gary . I was 50 (fuk my eyes) two weeks ago !! Where did it all go ?? 😘

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:16 - Oct 29 with 1981 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:10 - Oct 29 by the_gasman

Originally bud yes. I was few years younger than Jeff. He passed away earlier this year. I was good friends with both him and Gary . I was 50 (fuk my eyes) two weeks ago !! Where did it all go ?? 😘

Sad about Jeff i didn't know he had passed away.
I used to go to Judo with Jeff and Garry back in the late 70's

What is your name i must know you from back in the day my name is Abe
A fair assessment after ten games on 22:16 - Oct 29 with 1981 viewslabrax

The Swans have mustered fewer shots (76) and shots on target (20) than any other Premier League side this season.

Sums us up really!

Codfish

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:31 - Oct 29 with 1941 viewsthe_gasman

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:16 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

Sad about Jeff i didn't know he had passed away.
I used to go to Judo with Jeff and Garry back in the late 70's

What is your name i must know you from back in the day my name is Abe

I remember you Abe !! Yes mayes

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:34 - Oct 29 with 1932 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:31 - Oct 29 by the_gasman

I remember you Abe !! Yes mayes

Mayes, can't remember your name, did you come away with the Swans on my bus from the Wheel??
A fair assessment after ten games on 22:45 - Oct 29 with 1912 viewsthe_gasman

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:34 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

Mayes, can't remember your name, did you come away with the Swans on my bus from the Wheel??

Ha I was one of the youngest back then Abe. I did go sone of the home games mind. Was more into the bikes back then , still am . We’d go out on Pennatd golf course (gary on his lc350 Jeff on the rd 400 hooting like chimps being chased by the golfers 🏌️ You remember benjy , Howells and mirch ? They were same age as me

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:52 - Oct 29 with 1895 viewsskettyparkherbert

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:45 - Oct 29 by the_gasman

Ha I was one of the youngest back then Abe. I did go sone of the home games mind. Was more into the bikes back then , still am . We’d go out on Pennatd golf course (gary on his lc350 Jeff on the rd 400 hooting like chimps being chased by the golfers 🏌️ You remember benjy , Howells and mirch ? They were same age as me

Gasman, i'm getting old and my memory is shite, i do remember the bikers with the Ford boys. Can't place Benjy or Howells but was Mirch Jonny Marchant??
A fair assessment after ten games on 22:59 - Oct 29 with 1883 viewsthe_gasman

A fair assessment after ten games on 22:52 - Oct 29 by skettyparkherbert

Gasman, i'm getting old and my memory is shite, i do remember the bikers with the Ford boys. Can't place Benjy or Howells but was Mirch Jonny Marchant??

Yes. John merchant
[Post edited 30 Oct 2017 7:11]

A fair assessment after ten games on 14:19 - Oct 30 with 1698 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Yes, we are sh*te. Yes, we should be prepared for a relegation battle.
Given our current squad, if we finish 17th, that will be a job well done.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

A fair assessment after ten games on 14:44 - Oct 30 with 1686 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I thought that we have been showing progress, despite Bony not being available or up to scratch.
Sam Clucas showed some of what he is capable of when teamed up with someone like Tammy, as was Olsson last year.
We need our players to get back to their best and the only way that will happen is their confidence can be boosted.
They showed that despite their tens of millions of pounds on superior quality players Arsenal are still not invulnerable to our low scoring players.
A bit more of that kind of forward play could see a big improvement in both results and their confidence.
I also thought that the last ten minutes (which should have been 20 minutes) had Arsenal hanging on to their lead with dear life when we really went for them instead of sitting back, but we all know the penalty of doing so if the defense doesn't stay alert to avoid the sucker punch.

Tammy not being offside by a fraction would also have made a big difference, our attack had their defense completely beaten at that point.
A fair assessment after ten games on 14:47 - Oct 30 with 1687 viewsYossarian

Back to the original post - uh, yes and yes.
Anyone who thinks otherwise should change their rose tinted specs and flush the shit out their brains- and that's just my opinion without being disrespectful to any named individuals. We are absolute dogshit - and I've been going since 1969 - not to every game granted, but enough to be considered enough of a fan to have a few pieces in some recent publications.
Do I think we'll survive - YES, but it'll be close.....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

A fair assessment after ten games on 11:49 - Nov 1 with 1545 viewsdameedna

It looks like we will be fighting to get out of the bottom 6.

The early season anticipation of the new signings has not exactly come home to roost.

If Ki is our saviour all good but it is not going to be pretty which is fine with me results come first at present.
A fair assessment after ten games on 14:39 - Nov 1 with 1497 viewsGlyn1

Of course we're in a relegation battle.

Mainly because of this:

Swansea? Of their 76 shots on goal this season, only 20 have been on target. Even if they had all gone in, the Swans would still not have scored as many as Manchester City and Manchester United. BBC Article today.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A fair assessment after ten games on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 1480 viewssherpajacob

For us a relegation battle has become regulation.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

A fair assessment after ten games on 16:09 - Nov 1 with 1439 viewsFlashberryjack

Just what constitutes being in a relegation battle ? I would say being in the relegation zone does.

So theoretically we're not, but it's only goal difference that's stopping us from being so.

One win from our five home games, and after only ten games we're already looking for 3 teams that are worse than us (and struggling to find them, well I am)

In my humble opinion we are most certainly are in a relegation battle, and the sooner our manager, players and supporters accept this, the sooner we can start fighting to get out of it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

A fair assessment after ten games on 20:20 - Nov 1 with 1369 viewsJokeren1943

The board would rather have a bad offense then a bad defense.

The board also have to ask themselves- if we sack Clement, can we get a better manager in November. Sacking the little Italian for Bradley, this time last year, most have scared the board.

Clement is no way close of getting sacked, yet.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 20:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024