Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does he stay or does he go now? 09:14 - Feb 25 with 12582 viewsRangersDave

I know, the last thing you want is another in or out thread, but I’m truly interested.

Ok, we know we are in the merde financially, and constraints on buying and selling are there for all to see, but........

Do we think that Ollie has now had his chance, and must be shown the door, as it’s plain he won’t go through it himself?

My opinion is that , although I love him to bits, the time is ‘almost’ upon us. I say almost as i’d Like him to stay until we are assured , mathematically, of staying up, then go. Leaving, hopefully 5-6 matches for a new sucker, sorry, manager to see what he has to work with, and what he might need for next season.

Who would replace Ollie? I’d pick one guy from a list of the top 3 managers from all the leagues below and that way there is a chance we pick a hungry one, one with nouse, intelligence and ability.

I think, sadly that Ollie is way out of his depth, and has been since arrival back.
I’d get rid of the coaches too. As they don’t seem to be up to much.

Yup, almost a nuclear option but one we have to consider unless by some miracle Shteeeeeve comes back to Rangers.

Thoughts guys?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:33 - Feb 26 with 1597 viewsAntti_Heinola

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:09 - Feb 26 by vegasranger

It would make a nice change if the club could think outside the box and find us an up and coming foreign manager. Other clubs manage to do it but we seem to plod along with re -treads or ex players.

other clubs have also appointed foreign managers who've been utter disasters. For every Wagner there are dozens of nightmares: Zenga, Solbakken, Magath, Stam now looking like a dead duck, Solskjaer, Garde, Christiansen, Milanic, Montanier etc etc.

Bare bones.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 16:09 - Feb 26 with 1553 views2Thomas2Bowles

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:33 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

other clubs have also appointed foreign managers who've been utter disasters. For every Wagner there are dozens of nightmares: Zenga, Solbakken, Magath, Stam now looking like a dead duck, Solskjaer, Garde, Christiansen, Milanic, Montanier etc etc.

Zola is free

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Does he stay or does he go now? on 16:14 - Feb 26 with 1542 viewsWestbourneR

Does he stay or does he go now? on 16:09 - Feb 26 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Zola is free

Zola. *shudder*

Is there a worse manager in football? I'm not sure.

ps I know it was a gag 2T2B - a good one.

pps I think Monk would consider the job here, he needs to get back into the game.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 16:17 - Feb 26 with 1535 viewsdaveB

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:09 - Feb 26 by vegasranger

It would make a nice change if the club could think outside the box and find us an up and coming foreign manager. Other clubs manage to do it but we seem to plod along with re -treads or ex players.

What like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink or Paulo Sousa?
Does he stay or does he go now? on 16:19 - Feb 26 with 1533 viewsAntti_Heinola

Does he stay or does he go now? on 16:14 - Feb 26 by WestbourneR

Zola. *shudder*

Is there a worse manager in football? I'm not sure.

ps I know it was a gag 2T2B - a good one.

pps I think Monk would consider the job here, he needs to get back into the game.

Bryan Robson. Peter Reid.

Bare bones.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 21:57 - Feb 26 with 1403 viewsdigswellhoop

as had been said where do we think we are .
hopefully championship for 3 years atleast.
then have a hungry young squad who want to play for QPR
Does he stay or does he go now? on 22:35 - Feb 26 with 1375 viewsLblock

I said I'd never call for Ollie'shead --- I haven't done that; at least I think I haven't, have I?

Anyway, most concerning thing for me on Saturday and last few games has been the players increasingly declining attitudes PLUS a lot of them now openly questioning the bench in a "what the fcuk are we doing here?" manner.
I'm starting to feel the players are feeling they are set up to fail. Sure as God they must see that Bidwell is being shoe horned and flogged, we have no width, no pace, no movement and the players appear to have drifted away from Ollie

Sad to see but I'd imagine it's a combined effect with his treatment of Cilla, his set up's and his blame everyone including the fans and sticking to a stubborn plan that has done for him.

Christ I hope we pick up 3 wins and 2 draws asap
Ollie can walk out the door then with a little bit of a job done scenario as I feel he came in to save us from the drop and get an even keel back. The latter isn't yet showing too many signs but the first was done season one and I just hope it's achieved season two

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Does he stay or does he go now? on 03:00 - Feb 27 with 1320 viewsisawqpratwcity

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:20 - Feb 26 by qprphil

I don't think are out of the woods yet regarding relegation, but I hope to be proved wrong with a couple of wins starting against Villa. As for sacking Holloway, not the greatest of managers tbf, but could we afford better, even if we could would they fair better.? Names crop up, but for me, we stay put, you can only work with what you have, personally I don't think the players are performing as they should, I think the main let down is his use of tactics, or should I say non use.

His own words: "My job is to try to help this squad improve and create an environment that the players can succeed in."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37943477

I said we should replace him last May as he wasn't doing very well. He isn't doing much better this year, so unless he pulls a decent string of results from somewhere (I'm guessing, his arse) I'll be saying the same this year.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 3:10]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024