Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now 20:31 - Aug 10 with 24585 viewsTheResurrection

Exactly

And I could've written that statement word for word for the simple reason it's brutally honest and blunt.

We needed to cut back.

We needed the big earners gone

We needed the players who didn't want to be here gone.

Ideally they would've gone early into the window but these things never work like that for umpteen reasons.

We had a job to do and as brutal as it was it just had to be done to keep a professional football club in the city.

The best news from all this is the understanding we needed to reset, the fact we're going to be brave on the ball so we'll see some football and the promise we'll be dipping into the loan market.

We can now do this after a breather and from a strong platform.

They've made mistakes, so what, who doesn't. They seem keen to put those mistakes right

Superb statement

Up the Jacks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 03:23 - Aug 11 with 1811 viewsAnotherJohn

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 01:06 - Aug 11 by DJack

Res, I don't think that Huw was the only one but we have seen his pattern of signings before the Yanks and the same pattern after they arrived.

As to "Clement murdered us and if we had had a tidy manager last August we'd still be in the league.2...Bollix, if we'd

A. Kept Frankie G

B. Replaced Frankie with anyone but Bob Bradley

we would still be in the Premier league.

So, again I disagree with you but hey, all I care about is going forward from now on...So the Yanks need to up their game. (...and definitely get rid of Huw)

The statement is utter hogwash! Restructuring involves having a plan and using at least some income from sales to plug gaps by recruiting targets who have already been identified. It does not involve going into a game with just one senior CB and one striker, whilst having about 7 wingers available. What we saw was a fire sale where anybody of value was for sale. If a bid had come in for VD Hoorn then he would have gone too. What will it take before the ****-**** who started this thread desists from ruining this forum? Next level indeed.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 4:01]
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 05:51 - Aug 11 with 1765 viewssnork44

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 23:16 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Let's wait and see. One thing for sure, you can't look at some of the players we loaned out and compare their time there to what they may do under Potter and better players.

Didn't Wigan get promoted though?

I'm also not sure how many loan players we bring in but we have another window in January as it was always going to be some ask to put everything right this time around in 5 facking weeks....

We have anther window in January, so how many players will Huwbert aided by Statler and Waldorf get rid of then ? We are supposed to be devoid of any cash , so how the hell are we supposed to buy any players , especially when it is a well known fact that players are much more expensive in the January transfer window ? I don't disagree that we needed to get rid of players that were bleeding the club dry, an asset like Mawson or didn't want to play Championship football, but why wait until the last day of the transfer window! There is no guarantee that Potter can find quality players in the loan window, will we wait till the last day in August get some players down at the club only for the Americans to veto those players coming in because we couldn't cover their loan fees or wages.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:34 - Aug 11 with 1730 viewspeenemunde

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:42 - Aug 10 by Chief

Yea he's a WUM. Constantly goes against what the majority say and says stuff for affect. Hence 'box office'. Posts stuff for attention and not to be taken seriously.

So everyone who doesn’t agree with you is a WUM.
Have a word with yourself ffs.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:42 - Aug 11 with 1723 viewspeenemunde

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:42 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

That's the crux of it I suppose. The statement is a common sense appraisal of the situation but what we are going to need is some kind of outline of what the plan is, what we hope to achieve over the next couple of years, and that is missing.

Everyone knows that the cost cutting is non negotiable but once again we seem to have left the ins and outs so late there is no time to fix the problems. To do it with Gylfi could be seen as arrogance,or inexperience, but to do it for the second summer in row makes it look like it's the model.

You do realise the decision when players actually leave the club isn’t down to the club ?
You obviously don’t.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:48 - Aug 11 with 1723 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:42 - Aug 11 by peenemunde

You do realise the decision when players actually leave the club isn’t down to the club ?
You obviously don’t.

Not if they're under contract you f*cking baboon

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:57 - Aug 11 with 1706 viewssnork44

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:42 - Aug 11 by peenemunde

You obviously don’t.

I understand player power, but it wasn't a secret that Fernandez, Amat, Clucas and Ayew were leaving ! So we knew that we were going to be short at centre half at least, we could have arranged at least a loan for a player as we are lead to believe we don't have any money to buy someone, but somehow we do have money to loan someone ! It is called forward planning , you know anticipate the worst and then take action !

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 07:00 - Aug 11 with 1692 viewspeenemunde

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:48 - Aug 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Not if they're under contract you f*cking baboon

Wrong again.
Have another go.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 07:09 - Aug 11 with 1697 viewssnork44

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 07:00 - Aug 11 by peenemunde

Wrong again.
Have another go.

So how am I wrong ? I just need to know out of interest?

Login to get fewer ads

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 07:22 - Aug 11 with 1688 viewsDaggyjack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:44 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

We are weak in one or two areas and hopefully only temporarily

How would you speculate to accumulate exactly, when it's that very rule of thumb that's got us into the mess we're in now?

Let's hope that it is only temporary. We can re-evaluate at the end of August and see who has been brought in on loan.
Cost cutting was a priority and no one would disagree; it is again the terribly blinkered approach of selling so many with no thought for squad balance that is annoying.
It's so bad, it's as if the Americans had planned it that way.....
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 07:32 - Aug 11 with 1672 viewswildswan

Everyone keeps going on about our owners being investors

Get it right They Are NOT investors just shareholders who like any one of us

If we had the money to buy morgan and his clowns out.

They knew these yanks had no money so why they cashed in to these bafoons apart from cash quick who knows.

They are just as bad or worse than these Yanky joker scumbags.

They can all go and f**k right off.

Up the Swans
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 08:25 - Aug 11 with 1598 viewsclloy2

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:55 - Aug 10 by IAN05

The statement as always lacks any detail or content and is faceless as usual.

We all know we need to cut costs dramatically but we also know that they have caused the problem in the first place. We also know that this is our 3rd pre season of shambles they have overseen.

The first statement they made said they had The financial clout to compete- we have seen no investment at all and fact they wanted Trust to help fund stadium expansion tells they have no clout.

The same statement said they will work harder than any other in the board room and pitch to beat competitors - quite the opposite has happened again.

They also stated they would lean on expertise of directors remaining on board - Then ignored all and appointed Bradley and again ignored when advised to sell Gylfi earlier.

Then they stated that the Supporters trust involvement was a huge appeal to them - They've since done everything to rubbish any potential relationship.

They then offered Trust money for shares before changing the terms and scuppering the deal.

Dragged the club's name and loyal as employee through the courts as a result of an unfair dismissal case.

I'm surprised that you still choose to believe anything they say Chris ? Particularly when they have shown no attention, passion, or financial/time investment in the football club you have supported so passionately over the years.

I think what they have done in their time here is nothing short of disgraceful from a football, business and moral perspective.

They did actually find the time to do the deal to get Rooney over to DC united
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 08:32 - Aug 11 with 1585 viewsclloy2

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 07:00 - Aug 11 by peenemunde

Wrong again.
Have another go.

I think you'll find that J. Grealish (Aston Villa) was under contract - Spurs offered £25m, the owners said no were not interested and he's still there.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:06 - Aug 11 with 1543 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 06:57 - Aug 11 by snork44

I understand player power, but it wasn't a secret that Fernandez, Amat, Clucas and Ayew were leaving ! So we knew that we were going to be short at centre half at least, we could have arranged at least a loan for a player as we are lead to believe we don't have any money to buy someone, but somehow we do have money to loan someone ! It is called forward planning , you know anticipate the worst and then take action !

We didn't know anything until they signed the dotted line.

People talk about planning around a transfer deadline window like they're some kind of expert in the matter, when everyone in football tells how manic, disorganised and chaotic it is.

The poster Another John is a particular type of fool.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:15 - Aug 11 with 1523 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wrong again.
Have another go.

Jack Grealish under contract at Villa. Club say no sale at any price. Grealish, even if he wants to go can't.
Is that easier for you, you f*cking moron?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 1509 viewsjack_lord

I've read the statement.
They are treating us like fools.
I understand that we had to cut costs.
I also understand we have to be able to field a team that will be competitive or we will be at the next level.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 1467 viewsTheResurrection

It's easy for everyone to jump on a bandwagon but a few facts:-
* The Americans have not taken a single penny out of the Club. To do that they would have to declare a dividend and the Trust would also get it. Neither have.
* The Club HAS spent all the money we've had in on transfers on transfers/wages/agents etc. This is very much true from their statement yesterday.
* There is no £30m / £40m / £50m in monies we've received. It just doesn't work like that.
* We had a £90m wage bill in the last accounts and we had over £110m from last seasons TV money.
* This season we had the same wage bill but will only receive circa £45m.
* The monies we are receiving now are to keep paying the players wages we have left
* The Americans can't put any extra money into the Club without disrupting the status quo of share ownership. If they did inject their own capital as so many have been calling for, it would either dilute the Trust shareholding or we'd be in debt to them.
* As it stands and even thought they own a controlling share, it's still the Club that has paid and is paying for everything. We haven't got a rich Arab or Russian and we should be proud of that. We've done it by ourselves.
* Potter and his new exciting signings DO NOT deserve any protests today. This is what blighted all of last season and if t's the same this one, we'll be the masters of our own destiny - and that will be relegation.
* THE TRANSFER WINDOW IS NOT CLOSED.
* If at the end of the window we are in the same position as we are in now ie weak in certain areas then I will agree with the need for anger. But not now.
* We HAD to get rid of the players that wanted to go or were going to drain all our parachute payments from us
* If the Club had a choice they would have gone in the beginning of the window - not at the death. But we are dealing with football players who hold out until they see ALL their options and Football Clubs who also wait and wait until they exhaust all their other targets. As what happened with Fede.
* The Club had to get rid by this window and it HAD to make sure all their resources were put into these players going. As these players would not be going to Championship Clubs and the EPL window was shutting. This was the number 1 priority and largely it's been successful.
* THE WINDOW IS STILL OPEN.

GET BEHIND GRAHAM POTTER AND HIS NEW SIGNINGS

GET BEHIND SCFC - We'll only ever have the one Club, lets not kick it while it's down.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 1467 viewscostalotta

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:06 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

We didn't know anything until they signed the dotted line.

People talk about planning around a transfer deadline window like they're some kind of expert in the matter, when everyone in football tells how manic, disorganised and chaotic it is.

The poster Another John is a particular type of fool.

Buldar... not even on!

You also like to post as if you’re some kind of expert! But obviously your far from that. Nothing personal but you are either being fed rubbish mis information and by default one gullible soul, or you are getting it consistently wrong all on your own.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:47 - Aug 11 with 1465 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:24 - Aug 11 by jack_lord

I've read the statement.
They are treating us like fools.
I understand that we had to cut costs.
I also understand we have to be able to field a team that will be competitive or we will be at the next level.

The real idiots can't understand your second paragraph.
When we're back in League 2 the same people will be telling us that it's more enjoyable. Proper football like.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:51 - Aug 11 with 1448 viewspencoedjack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 07:32 - Aug 11 by wildswan

Everyone keeps going on about our owners being investors

Get it right They Are NOT investors just shareholders who like any one of us

If we had the money to buy morgan and his clowns out.

They knew these yanks had no money so why they cashed in to these bafoons apart from cash quick who knows.

They are just as bad or worse than these Yanky joker scumbags.

They can all go and f**k right off.

Up the Swans

Spot on fella 👍
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:08 - Aug 11 with 1409 viewsJackSomething

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:51 - Aug 11 by pencoedjack

Spot on fella 👍

So Chris spent years hammering Jenkins and the owners, swearing blind they were doing a terrible job, while all the while the club was on a pretty spectacular upward trajectory.

He keeps on hammering them, then has a meeting with Leigh Dineen (was this about 2 years ago?) and gradually his posts change to blaming all our problems on anyone but the current or past owners. It's the manager's fault, or Gylfi's, or Llorente's...

We know why Wathan is relentlessly positive about the club, it's for the little tidbits he gets thrown, which help his career.

So why does the Res do it? Draw your own conclusions.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:25 - Aug 11 with 1370 viewsdobjack2

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:47 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

* The Americans have not taken a single penny out of the Club. To do that they would have to declare a dividend and the Trust would also get it. Neither have.
* The Club HAS spent all the money we've had in on transfers on transfers/wages/agents etc. This is very much true from their statement yesterday.
* There is no £30m / £40m / £50m in monies we've received. It just doesn't work like that.
* We had a £90m wage bill in the last accounts and we had over £110m from last seasons TV money.
* The monies we are receiving now are to keep paying the players wages we have left
* The Americans can't put any extra money into the Club without disrupting the status quo of share ownership. If they did inject their own capital as so many have been calling for, it would either dilute the Trust shareholding or we'd be in debt to them.
* As it stands and even thought they own a controlling share, it's still the Club that has paid and is paying for everything. We haven't got a rich Arab or Russian and we should be proud of that. We've done it by ourselves.
* Potter and his new exciting signings DO NOT deserve any protests today. This is what blighted all of last season and if t's the same this one, we'll be the masters of our own destiny - and that will be relegation.
* If at the end of the window we are in the same position as we are in now ie weak in certain areas then I will agree with the need for anger. But not now.
* We HAD to get rid of the players that wanted to go or were going to drain all our parachute payments from us
* If the Club had a choice they would have gone in the beginning of the window - not at the death. But we are dealing with football players who hold out until they see ALL their options and Football Clubs who also wait and wait until they exhaust all their other targets. As what happened with Fede.
* The Club had to get rid by this window and it HAD to make sure all their resources were put into these players going. As these players would not be going to Championship Clubs and the EPL window was shutting. This was the number 1 priority and largely it's been successful.

GET BEHIND SCFC - We'll only ever have the one Club, lets not kick it while it's down.

Don’t disagree with a lot of what you have said but:

A) I don’t trust the owners or believe all they say.

B) reports suggest we turned down a bid for Jordan Ayew at the beginning of the window. If reports are correct then that was a bad move.

C) leaving the squad this thin is an extremely risky business even with the loan window open

D) why chase Woods for weeks then pull out at the last minute?

E) the loan window is open but it is also about the quality of the players we get in. If as the owners suggest we don’t have a pot to pass in then Will our loan players be starters or back ups?

F) we can still loan out players or sell them abroad so our outgoings may not have finished

G) everyone accepts we have had to cut costs dramatically but we have put the playing squad at risk. Are the likes of pearlman, Jenkins etc. going to help cut costs through their salaries?

H) We’ll see where we are at the end of this window
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:31 - Aug 11 with 1355 viewsHCMC

Why is anyone responding to this wind up merchant.

He proved to us all last season is virtual zero knowledge of football.

If I did not know better it could be big nose Jenkins.

He is now on ignore I urge you all to.do the same.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:48 - Aug 11 with 1299 viewsThornburyswan

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 09:47 - Aug 11 by TheResurrection

This - every. Word. Spot. On. ......nice job Res
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:51 - Aug 11 with 1292 viewsOldjack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:55 - Aug 10 by IAN05

The statement as always lacks any detail or content and is faceless as usual.

We all know we need to cut costs dramatically but we also know that they have caused the problem in the first place. We also know that this is our 3rd pre season of shambles they have overseen.

The first statement they made said they had The financial clout to compete- we have seen no investment at all and fact they wanted Trust to help fund stadium expansion tells they have no clout.

The same statement said they will work harder than any other in the board room and pitch to beat competitors - quite the opposite has happened again.

They also stated they would lean on expertise of directors remaining on board - Then ignored all and appointed Bradley and again ignored when advised to sell Gylfi earlier.

Then they stated that the Supporters trust involvement was a huge appeal to them - They've since done everything to rubbish any potential relationship.

They then offered Trust money for shares before changing the terms and scuppering the deal.

Dragged the club's name and loyal as employee through the courts as a result of an unfair dismissal case.

I'm surprised that you still choose to believe anything they say Chris ? Particularly when they have shown no attention, passion, or financial/time investment in the football club you have supported so passionately over the years.

I think what they have done in their time here is nothing short of disgraceful from a football, business and moral perspective.

This 100% , theses guys words are not worth the paper they're written on and that goes for the sly lying devious one aswell
[Post edited 11 Aug 2018 10:54]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 10:51 - Aug 11 with 1290 viewsShaky

You didn't write that.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024