Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Dan James 15:49 - Dec 1 with 9550 viewsCopaMundial

Is Dan James the new Darren Perret, pace to burn but not much else
Is Dan James on 20:24 - Dec 1 with 1773 viewsjackatbarry

Is Dan James on 19:58 - Dec 1 by icecoldjack

Good f9r him, he always got grief from some on the northbank, calling him a Cardiff coont, thought he was a Barry boy ?

Anyway, he kinda made it as a pro footballer so is in the top few percent where many failed .

Definitely a Barry boy I played in the same team as him
Is Dan James on 20:30 - Dec 1 with 1753 viewsKilkennyjack

As a winger, Dan is an automatic pick.

I think Routs and Dyer are also automatic picks.
We need a mature proven centre forward to share the load with Oli, sadly its not going to be Bony.

I would go Fer and Celina as my 2 centre mids.

Other opinions are available.

Beware of the Risen People

Is Dan James on 20:59 - Dec 1 with 1731 viewsgrabsplatter

Is Dan James on 16:09 - Dec 1 by Badlands

Great pace and takes a lot of physical abuse but ...
Personally I think Dyer, Routledge, Asoro, McKay, Naughton and Rangel would all be more effective.

You must be on a wind up, Asoro - really??
McKay apart from the goal he scored has been completely ineffective.
Can't believe the stick Dan is getting
Is Dan James on 21:14 - Dec 1 with 1707 viewsCroftyjack

You gonna catch a few out with this post..personally see what you mean as thought he would become a star.
Wasn't Jason Bowen on the books the same time and looked good for a while.
Is Dan James on 23:52 - Dec 1 with 1636 viewsicecoldjack

Is Dan James on 20:59 - Dec 1 by grabsplatter

I don't think Dan is getting any stick, just the observation that his shot is as weak as a kittens, which is true,so far it's all about pace and not the other bits. I think everyone understands he's a talent and a work In progress, let's not pretend he's the dogs, yes a long way off that but with hard work will be a fine player.
Is Dan James on 00:16 - Dec 2 with 1633 viewsjasper_T

Ideally he wouldn't be our main attacking threat and we could praise him for creating so many chances in his first dozen or so senior matches, instead of thinking we needed to score them to get anything out of games.

Hopefully his injury isn't serious and he's back to full speed in a week or two.
Is Dan James on 00:56 - Dec 2 with 1612 viewsswan65split

Is Dan James on 23:52 - Dec 1 by icecoldjack

I don't think Dan is getting any stick, just the observation that his shot is as weak as a kittens, which is true,so far it's all about pace and not the other bits. I think everyone understands he's a talent and a work In progress, let's not pretend he's the dogs, yes a long way off that but with hard work will be a fine player.

hes still on the learning curve, I would try the Curtis move, as hes a left footer, switch wings , cut in onto his left foot,
Is Dan James on 01:05 - Dec 2 with 1618 viewsjasper_T

Is Dan James on 00:56 - Dec 2 by swan65split

hes still on the learning curve, I would try the Curtis move, as hes a left footer, switch wings , cut in onto his left foot,

DJ's right footed.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Dan James on 01:07 - Dec 2 with 1608 viewsswan65split

Is Dan James on 01:05 - Dec 2 by jasper_T

DJ's right footed.

then its weak , lol
Is Dan James on 01:23 - Dec 2 with 1607 viewsbuilthjack

He needs to learn composure. Oh, and we need a centre forward

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Is Dan James on 03:23 - Dec 2 with 1583 viewsTNT

James made good runs early on v West Brom, but nobody else in the final third of the field for him.

I enjoy watching him play, as I did Stuart Roberts, Kevin Moore, Mickey Conway.

Saw Darren Perrett rip Oldham Athletic to shreds in a midweek Cup game up there. To be fair he was brilliant that night. We lost 2-0, but Darren Perrett couldn't have done anymore.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Is Dan James on 09:16 - Dec 2 with 1524 viewsgrabsplatter

Is Dan James on 23:52 - Dec 1 by icecoldjack

There's been a fair number on here having a pop at him in the last week, going over the top in my opinion.
I agree with you completely that he's a work in progress & he's still learning the game - he'll be fine.
We've got far more of an issue on the other wing atm.
Is Dan James on 09:33 - Dec 2 with 1512 viewsWhiterockin

Is Dan James on 20:30 - Dec 1 by Kilkennyjack

As a winger, Dan is an automatic pick.

I think Routs and Dyer are also automatic picks.
We need a mature proven centre forward to share the load with Oli, sadly its not going to be Bony.

Other opinions are available.

Both a really poor at the moment.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Is Dan James on 13:35 - Dec 2 with 1467 viewsjackrmee

Is Dan James on 16:02 - Dec 1 by Captain_Sham

A bit of composure is something he doesn't appear to have.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2018 16:03]

Time will tell. He needs coaching and some kind words in his ear.
He's very young and raw.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Is Dan James on 14:04 - Dec 2 with 1448 viewsfelixstowe_jack

In our only two attacks in the first half yesterday he stole the balls of their centre halves but there was not one of our players within 30 yards of him. The result he had to shoot on his own. The first shot he cleverly lobbed the keeper from an impossible angle and the ball just went past the post, the second he scuffed his shot. In the second half once Montero was on we suddenly looked like we could attack. He got past his man four times with decent crosses.

Would be great to see him and James on from the start but sadly James pulled a hamstring in the last couple of minutes could be out for weeks.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is Dan James on 15:02 - Dec 2 with 1425 viewsBadlands

Is Dan James on 20:59 - Dec 1 by grabsplatter

Not at all - over a few seasons I've watched James getting into hundreds of good positions to deliver great crosses but he very seldom does. I thought at the start of his inclusion this season he might have improved - a few good crosses and a couple of assists.
But I am looking at effectiveness. He isn't very effective. He's exciting and offers much optimism for fans but boiled down his efforts are not resulting in scoring opportunities and he does not offer a defensive element (nor does Astro).
James is still an impact sub to be brought on against tiring defenders.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Is Dan James on 15:07 - Dec 2 with 1418 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is Dan James on 15:02 - Dec 2 by Badlands

Not at all - over a few seasons I've watched James getting into hundreds of good positions to deliver great crosses but he very seldom does. I thought at the start of his inclusion this season he might have improved - a few good crosses and a couple of assists.
But I am looking at effectiveness. He isn't very effective. He's exciting and offers much optimism for fans but boiled down his efforts are not resulting in scoring opportunities and he does not offer a defensive element (nor does Astro).

In place of whom?
Is Dan James on 15:53 - Dec 2 with 1404 viewsjack247

To be fair, that’s not really his fault. We need to get players up in support of him when he bursts through. McBurnie drops deep and is often the one playing him through, so isn’t there for the cutback. He does need to improve his finishing and final ball, but Potter has to find some way of supporting him when he breaks.
Is Dan James on 15:56 - Dec 2 with 1399 viewsjackrmee

Is Dan James on 15:53 - Dec 2 by jack247

To be fair, that’s not really his fault. We need to get players up in support of him when he bursts through. McBurnie drops deep and is often the one playing him through, so isn’t there for the cutback. He does need to improve his finishing and final ball, but Potter has to find some way of supporting him when he breaks.

No it's not anyone's fault. The kid is doing ok and is improving. People just to need to let it happen without constant picking.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Is Dan James on 17:09 - Dec 2 with 1373 viewsgrabsplatter

Disagree with that, we've got Jeff as the impact sub for the last 20 minutes.
I'd stick with him as a starter- injury permitting.
Getting extra bodies in the box when he makes the break would help which brings me back to the lack of an effective wide player on the other side.
Is Dan James on 20:37 - Dec 2 with 1342 viewsploppy

Is Dan James on 17:09 - Dec 2 by grabsplatter

Disagree with that, we've got Jeff as the impact sub for the last 20 minutes.
I'd stick with him as a starter- injury permitting.
Getting extra bodies in the box when he makes the break would help which brings me back to the lack of an effective wide player on the other side.

Agree about getting bodies in the box, but the trouble with DJ is (and it's true of all pacy wingers) that when he breaks no-one else can keep up with him.
Is Dan James on 20:46 - Dec 2 with 1335 viewsjasper_T

Is Dan James on 20:37 - Dec 2 by ploppy

Agree about getting bodies in the box, but the trouble with DJ is (and it's true of all pacy wingers) that when he breaks no-one else can keep up with him.

Get Asoro back in the side and have him play on the shoulder like he did in our first few games of the season.

McBurnie can drop deep all he wants then (all the way back to the bench).
Is Dan James on 21:19 - Dec 2 with 1321 viewsgrabsplatter

Is Dan James on 20:46 - Dec 2 by jasper_T

Get Asoro back in the side and have him play on the shoulder like he did in our first few games of the season.

Unfortunately while McBurnie has his faults he looks like the only player we've got who can stick the ball in the net with any regularity
Is Dan James on 21:36 - Dec 2 with 1305 viewsjasper_T

Is Dan James on 21:19 - Dec 2 by grabsplatter

Unfortunately while McBurnie has his faults he looks like the only player we've got who can stick the ball in the net with any regularity

With his feet he's quality. Like to see him work on his heading though. Wasted another good aerial chance on Saturday.
Is Dan James on 22:04 - Dec 2 with 1287 views34dfgdf54

Is Dan James on 20:46 - Dec 2 by jasper_T

I’d be bringing Asoro back in now. Genuine width both sides.

I know he’s struggled with form, but he’s a kid with a lot of talent, need to stick with him. I wouldn’t be against giving Mackay a go at 10 aswell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024