Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement on Transfer Window 12:23 - Feb 1 with 6033 viewsDarran

Now that the transfer window has closed, the Trust notes with disappointment the fact that three players, Wilfried Bony, Jefferson Montero and Tom Carroll, have left with no replacements coming the other way to strengthen Graham Potter’s squad. It seems though that it could have been much worse, with the clear desire within the club to also move on Dan James and Leroy Fer. The Trust is relieved and pleased that both James and Fer are still Swansea City players, at least for now.

The Trust’s frustration is not that players have been allowed to leave but that there has been no effort to bring in any replacements and that both Montero and Carroll left for clubs in direct competition with the Swans, as would have been the case it seems for James and Fer.

Once again those in charge of overseeing the club’s transfer dealings have allowed last minute departures to weaken our squad significantly without seemingly have any plans to bring any players in. The final day of the transfer window proved once again that the club seemingly has little interest in ensuring we are competitive on the pitch and is prepared to leave Graham Potter with a significantly reduced squad. Graham Potter had previously said that if players leave, players would be brought in. He presumably made this comment based on assurances he had been given and yet again, he has been let down.

To say that the club’s current transfer policy, such as it is, is short sighted is an understatement and highlights the inept way the club appears to be run now. It is not unreasonable to expect a professional football club to have a plan in place for a transfer window and contingency plans to replace any players who leave. It is also unclear who in the club is responsible for making decisions, allowing confusion to reign. While yesterday could have been much worse had James and Fer left as the club wanted, it does highlight a clear desire by the club to reduce costs at the expense of on field matters.

As a Trust, we fully support the need to run the club on a financially prudent basis and understand that changes are needed to reflect our reduced income in the Championship. However, in the continued absence of detailed financial information, the Trust is unable to confirm whether the desire to move players on is the result of that financial prudence or simply a lack of ambition by our majority owners and those afforded the privilege of running the club on a day to day basis.

It is clear that the club has not learned the lessons from the disasters of previous transfer windows, nor have the desperately needed changes been made to rid the club of the individuals responsible for the mistakes which led to our relegation from the Premier League. This is despite repeated requests over the past two and a half years for the majority owners to create succession plans for the changes needed and of course comments from those in situ, including the chairman, that their own roles would become untenable in the event of relegation. To be prepared to allow five players to leave the club on the final day of a month long transfer window with no replacements lined up is gross negligence on the part of those running the club.

We are disappointed to note the apparent lack of support by the board and owners for Graham Potter, who has steered his team to within sight of the play off places and with a very realistic chance of a second successive FA Cup quarter final. Given the words of the chairman just a few short weeks ago where he stated that a promotion challenge was there for the taking, the events of the transfer window suggest that this is very far from the club’s minds.

That the club was prepared to allow Dan James, a player just breaking into the first team, to leave at the first opportunity highlights a very real lack of ambition for the club and zero support for the manager. While we support the removal of some of the club’s top earners, to consider allowing young talent like Dan to leave goes against many of the principles on which we, and our manager, would like to pride ourselves.

There are two clear things that need to happen as a direct result of this transfer window. First and once again the Trust finds itself calling for the immediate removal of Huw Jenkins as chairman. Despite the excellent job that Mr Jenkins did in supporting the Swans’ rise to the Premier League he is also largely responsible for the horrendous transfer dealings of the past few years that resulted in both our relegation and the dire situation in which we now find ourselves, where the club is prepared to offload prized assets to our immediate rivals. We have long since suggested that the club’s majority owners should have considered succession planning to replace Mr Jenkins but these words have fallen on deaf ears and the result is the current situation. The club has to stop repeating the same mistakes and the removal of the chairman is the first step towards that happening. We should not forget that our inabilit y to move on the high earners has been a hindrance to us in the last two windows. This is a direct result of the transfer deals struck in previous windows where we have overpaid both in fees and wages for players who have failed to deliver on the pitch.

Secondly, we call on the club’s majority owners to be totally transparent and communicate to the fans the reasons for taking the decisions they have taken and were prepared to take. If the reasons are purely financial then why haven’t the significant cuts being made on the playing side been reflected off the pitch? The club has a number of highly-paid executives strongly rumoured to be paid in line with Premier League income rather than that of a financially prudent Championship club. It is time for those who made great play when they arrived of being so keen on the ownership model and close community club that they saw in Swansea City to stand true to those beliefs and be present in Swansea and accountable for the poor decisions they are making. Our wage bill off the pitch is as unsustainable in this division as we were told our on the pitch outgoings are, yet the people who made and continue to make those de cisions are still being paid as though they’re somehow considered to be doing an acceptable job. They clearly aren’t.

It is therefore well overdue that the club undertakes a full review of the off the field staff, overall costs and budgets and ensures these are in line with a club in the Championship with a vastly reduced income.

The continued reduction in numbers of the first team squad and the continued presence of the former shareholders and their extended families enjoying the hospitality of the football club are a smack in the face of the club’s supporters. For these reasons, the club is as far detached from its fan base now as it has ever have been in the club’s history.

Changes simply need to be made and the events of the most recent transfer window serve to highlight that beyond all doubt yet again.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:46 - Feb 1 with 1533 viewsMyFinalHeaven

This is absolutely outrageous. How can the trust own 21% of the club but not know who's making the transfer decisions AND not be privy to its financial information and accounts?

The only bigger question now then is why the trust STILL haven't commenced legal action against these bellends yet. They can keep putting out these strongly worded statements, but until they litigate and fight them in the courts as aggressively as possible, nothing's going to change and none of this will matter.

Come on you Swans.

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:48 - Feb 1 with 1533 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:29 - Feb 1 by icecoldjack

Lovely statement from the trust..2 years too late though.

Except that a very similar one was issued six months ago. And a year ago. It’s the club that keeps f*cking up transfer windows, your ire is best directed that way.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:51 - Feb 1 with 1516 viewsmagicdaps10

All jokes aside, after all that has happened yesterday can you have a go at the trust today
And
How as a true fan of Swansea City can you question the statement from the trust.

There are major concerns with our club and most notably the board, if people wish to stick their head in the sand then so be it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 17:27 - Feb 1 with 1444 viewsjacksfullaces

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 14:10 - Feb 1 by Landore_Jack

The Trust director cannot see a break down of the figures unless he signs an NDA.

yep, so should sign, and then resign if they see something inappropriate.

would be enough to send out the right signals.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:43 - Feb 1 with 1337 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 16:38 - Feb 1 by monmouth

Shareholders are only entitled to annual financial (historical) accounts.

What boggles me is that the Board (including McDonald remember) isn't discussing monthly management accounts. I have never seen that in any company Board I have sat on. They are presumably taking all important financial decisions outside the Board. there must surely be something in the companies act about that? Or is it because of the delaware structure or because finance (unlike 'football') is reserved for the holding company board?

I'm being a bit slow today, but what instrument actually entitles the Trust to see the management accounts? Is it part of the constitution or anything legally signed with the owners? Or was it just custom, in which case I guess they (we) are screwed.

The Trust sees the management accounts. The issues after the summer and onwards related to the follow on questions and who could be privy to that information. Simply limiting it to Stu and restricting who he could tell on the Trust board is just unacceptable.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 19:35 - Feb 1 with 1269 viewsElmo

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:43 - Feb 1 by Uxbridge

The Trust sees the management accounts. The issues after the summer and onwards related to the follow on questions and who could be privy to that information. Simply limiting it to Stu and restricting who he could tell on the Trust board is just unacceptable.

That's good. Pretty sure we were lead to believe the Trust hadn't seen the Mgt A/cs since the summer.

Is there an update on the state of the financials ? Thx.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 19:40 - Feb 1 with 1248 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 19:35 - Feb 1 by Elmo

That's good. Pretty sure we were lead to believe the Trust hadn't seen the Mgt A/cs since the summer.

Is there an update on the state of the financials ? Thx.

It was the case in the summer and later. Then issue remains the lack of clarity on a number of areas from a financial perspective. Until then, we can't know the whole picture, which is one of the big problems.

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 19:44 - Feb 1 with 1238 viewsmonmouth

Well that is something at least. So the Trust is fully up to date with the financial position and thought today’s missive a fair attack on transfer policy. That’s quite reassuring. Thanks Ux.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 20:01 - Feb 1 with 1205 viewsswancity

Superbly worded statement from the Trust

A copy of that has to be submitted to Jenkins and the owners ASAP

Plus can of be conveyed to swep for publication?

Now tho actions speak louder than words and it’s time for action

For what it’s worth: my view on today ; I find it beyond belief that up to five front line 1st team players were about to leave...things have to change quickly now

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 20:09 - Feb 1 with 1188 viewsNeathJack

The Trust should purchase a full page advert in the Evening Post and print that statement in full.

While it's not got the circulation it once had, it would certainly help get the word out.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 22:07 - Feb 1 with 1093 viewsskacrazy

I think it's obvious Jenkins staying where he is was part of the deal he made so he's going nowhere. How someone can be so hated but still show their face every week is beyond me.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 22:30 - Feb 1 with 1049 viewsJonathans_coat

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 22:07 - Feb 1 by skacrazy

I think it's obvious Jenkins staying where he is was part of the deal he made so he's going nowhere. How someone can be so hated but still show their face every week is beyond me.

He’s got £633,000 a year to soften the blow of the occasional negative chant directed his way.

Plus he hides up in his exec box now, out of sight of the fans, so I’m told.
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 23:54 - Feb 1 with 979 viewsomarjack

Good statement for once, but..

Now I know that 21% ownership is a minority stake. But in the name of all that is holy, aren't the trust embarrassed by the fact that they know nothing of the affairs of the club they own a sizeable chunk of? How is this going on? Does nobody ask questions which must be answered by the majority owners by law? Are they scared? Do they not care?

How is it possible for the trust not to know who's calling the shots? Why don't they demand to call some shots? Do they really own any stoke in the club or is it just a myth perpetrated by Yanks and Huw to give an impression of comfort to Swans fans?

If my "conspiracy theory" is BS, then how come the trust constantly act as useless and clueless as always? What is the trust in the 1st place? Is it even a real organisation? Or just a bunch of actors, a facade to cover up the shady dealings of the embezzling scum in charge?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 00:16 - Feb 2 with 957 viewsElmo

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 19:40 - Feb 1 by Uxbridge

It was the case in the summer and later. Then issue remains the lack of clarity on a number of areas from a financial perspective. Until then, we can't know the whole picture, which is one of the big problems.

Thx.

So, if you have seen the Management Accounts, what are the findings ?

(not interested in your additional questions/ number of area etc - simply the plain vanilla accounts)

Atleast let us see (some extract of) the Accounts for us to analyse, being key Stakeholders
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 00:27 - Feb 2 with 953 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 20:09 - Feb 1 by NeathJack

The Trust should purchase a full page advert in the Evening Post and print that statement in full.

While it's not got the circulation it once had, it would certainly help get the word out.

Good point. Get the message out!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:02 - Feb 3 with 737 views_

Well bloody hell I missed this one as well.

So the Mis-Trust does indeed see the accounts???

Well Fack me sideways. That's going to piss off a lot of very stupid people haha 😂

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:03 - Feb 3 with 729 views_

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 00:16 - Feb 2 by Elmo

Thx.

So, if you have seen the Management Accounts, what are the findings ?

(not interested in your additional questions/ number of area etc - simply the plain vanilla accounts)

Atleast let us see (some extract of) the Accounts for us to analyse, being key Stakeholders

Why wasn't this post answered???

The Mis-Trust being sly again?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:04 - Feb 3 with 726 views34dfgdf54

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:02 - Feb 3 by _

Well bloody hell I missed this one as well.

So the Mis-Trust does indeed see the accounts???

Well Fack me sideways. That's going to piss off a lot of very stupid people haha 😂

Yeah I don’t understand this either.

Explain Ux? What don’t you see then?
Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:11 - Feb 3 with 706 viewsUxbridge

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:03 - Feb 3 by _

Why wasn't this post answered???

The Mis-Trust being sly again?

Bloody hell Chris, do you have any idea how many messages I've answered in the past 48 hours?!

Anyway, a question I am happy to answer. When I say the Trust sees the mgmt accounts, it's the Trust director that does. As we stated in the summer, the Trust has a lot of questions that need answering that aren't covered in what are generally high-level accounts. They certainly don't allow anyone to dispel many of the conspiracy theories that you'd like us to. In terms of making those public, that'd be the biggest tap-in I could imagine for those who want to demonstrate the Trust can't keep confidential information out of the public sphere and I'm not even going to get into a discussion on that.

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:15 - Feb 3 with 682 viewslonglostjack

Trust Statement on Transfer Window on 18:11 - Feb 3 by Uxbridge

Bloody hell Chris, do you have any idea how many messages I've answered in the past 48 hours?!

Anyway, a question I am happy to answer. When I say the Trust sees the mgmt accounts, it's the Trust director that does. As we stated in the summer, the Trust has a lot of questions that need answering that aren't covered in what are generally high-level accounts. They certainly don't allow anyone to dispel many of the conspiracy theories that you'd like us to. In terms of making those public, that'd be the biggest tap-in I could imagine for those who want to demonstrate the Trust can't keep confidential information out of the public sphere and I'm not even going to get into a discussion on that.

Understood. Thanks for that information and keep up the good work.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024