Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Potter tactical masterclass 19:43 - Apr 6 with 4906 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

I thought GP showed today he is streets ahead of the likes of Pulis. Pulis could not counter anything Potter did today and really showed himself as a fraud. I hope we are able to keep hold of Potter. With some investment into the type of player he wants, we could be a force to be reckoned with and not witnessed at the Liberty since the days of Rogers.
Potter tactical masterclass on 15:37 - Apr 7 with 1015 viewsjackrmee

Potter tactical masterclass on 13:40 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

Isn't a right decision that doesn't come off technically a wrong decision?

Not really...
A decision is basically a gamble.
In football, you can make the correct bet, after consulting all the stats, teamsheets, tactics etc. but then get let down by a simple mistake or something you couldn't have planned for.

So you can actually lose many bets which were actually still the correct call.

*that makes total sense in my head.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:39 - Apr 7 with 1013 viewsjackrmee

Potter tactical masterclass on 14:31 - Apr 7 by A_Fans_Dad

No it not just who is available, it is also who comes off for who comes on just as much as who comes on.
For instance why was VDH taken off for Joe, surely it should have been CCV?
Why Narsingh instead of Fulton, Ollie or even Mckayto come on, I realise he was trying to keep speed merchants on the field, but we were 3 up by then.

And why not?
I'm sure GP knows why he decides to do things.
Why do you think you know better?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:41 - Apr 7 with 1010 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Potter tactical masterclass on 14:31 - Apr 7 by A_Fans_Dad

No it not just who is available, it is also who comes off for who comes on just as much as who comes on.
For instance why was VDH taken off for Joe, surely it should have been CCV?
Why Narsingh instead of Fulton, Ollie or even Mckayto come on, I realise he was trying to keep speed merchants on the field, but we were 3 up by then.

Why VDH and not CCV?

Who knows? If we were to pick up a centre back injury in the last 10 minutes, better that it's CCV and not VDH when the game is already won.
Which one is most likely to be here next season? Probably neither but who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

These things can be looked at in many different ways.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:48 - Apr 7 with 1002 viewsjackrmee

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:41 - Apr 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Why VDH and not CCV?

Who knows? If we were to pick up a centre back injury in the last 10 minutes, better that it's CCV and not VDH when the game is already won.
Which one is most likely to be here next season? Probably neither but who knows what's going on behind the scenes.

Exactly...who knows why the boss decided to do it, but he is THE BOSS. He is the boss for a reason and idiots on here who slag off his decisions even when we win are merely jesters who haven't really got a clue about football, but wish they did.

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:49 - Apr 7 with 1001 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:31 - Apr 7 by Fireboy2

No you are not SH.

I rate him as well.

You are not wasting your time defending him, when you have belief in him, it is all about opinions.
I rate parts of his expertise like
Style of Play
Coaching of youngsters
What I didn't or don't rate is
Initial Team set up, it used to be too Bradley-esque
Some substitution choices
Playing players out of position
Goal keeper selection
But overall he is getting there and the football is great to watch, so to sum up
Great Coach, but game management needed to improve and it is improving just more slowely than the playing side.
Potter tactical masterclass on 15:51 - Apr 7 with 997 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:48 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Exactly...who knows why the boss decided to do it, but he is THE BOSS. He is the boss for a reason and idiots on here who slag off his decisions even when we win are merely jesters who haven't really got a clue about football, but wish they did.

If you don't want to talk about football why come on a discussion board?

Potter's always right when we win, the board is always wrong when we lose. End of story. Good stuff.
Potter tactical masterclass on 16:12 - Apr 7 with 964 viewsBadlands

I thought subbing Mike VDH was odd but was it simply a case of giving him a bit of a breather before next Tuesday's game.
Keeping going for a tough final 20 - 25 minutes can be as draining as the previous 70.
It also gave Rodon some minutes before Stoke and even a chance to see Joe and CVC alongside each other.
Worse case scenario - Horn leaves and CVC is a sweetener to get Celina and James to Whit Hart Lane.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Potter tactical masterclass on 16:24 - Apr 7 with 943 viewsjackrabbit

Potter tactical masterclass on 12:08 - Apr 7 by Dr_Winston

I think this is only Celina's second full season as a first team regular. He's done extremely well for the most part.

In a way he's a microcosm for the team in general. Young, talented, on the right day capable of making others look distinctly average but often inconsistent and still a work in progress.

I’ve just watched the highlights and from what I saw, Celina controlled the game with some sublime passing. He sees spaces and visualises runs into those spaces, delivering the ball with just the right weight for the receiving player to run onto. He’s the sort of passer of the ball that we missed in our latter years in the Premier League. The lad is a talented footballer and we’ll do well to hang on to him. It’s hardly credible that he gets stick from some elements in the crowd. As somebody so aptly put it above, he doesn’t shift pianos, he plays pianos. As he grows in confidence, experience and stature, he will become a much stronger player and hopefully feature more on the scoresheet. We know he can score superb goals, we’d just like to see them more often. But we ‘ll forgive him that if he can just maintain the creativity he showed yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Potter tactical masterclass on 16:40 - Apr 7 with 924 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 16:24 - Apr 7 by jackrabbit

I’ve just watched the highlights and from what I saw, Celina controlled the game with some sublime passing. He sees spaces and visualises runs into those spaces, delivering the ball with just the right weight for the receiving player to run onto. He’s the sort of passer of the ball that we missed in our latter years in the Premier League. The lad is a talented footballer and we’ll do well to hang on to him. It’s hardly credible that he gets stick from some elements in the crowd. As somebody so aptly put it above, he doesn’t shift pianos, he plays pianos. As he grows in confidence, experience and stature, he will become a much stronger player and hopefully feature more on the scoresheet. We know he can score superb goals, we’d just like to see them more often. But we ‘ll forgive him that if he can just maintain the creativity he showed yesterday.

He was picking up the ball and seeing space open up in front of him because they were backing off, terrified of the three lads running beyond them. Teams can't push up and compress the space like they did when we had (for example) McBurnie and Roberts as part of the attacking unit. He's not having to dribble through two or three to get us up the pitch.
Potter tactical masterclass on 17:00 - Apr 7 with 894 viewsswan_si

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:39 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

And why not?
I'm sure GP knows why he decides to do things.
Why do you think you know better?

Sorry mate, accidentally down arrowed, fat fingers.
Potter tactical masterclass on 18:49 - Apr 7 with 805 viewsPozuelosSideys

Potter tactical masterclass on 16:40 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

He was picking up the ball and seeing space open up in front of him because they were backing off, terrified of the three lads running beyond them. Teams can't push up and compress the space like they did when we had (for example) McBurnie and Roberts as part of the attacking unit. He's not having to dribble through two or three to get us up the pitch.

I agree with this and mentioned it in the matchday thread yesterday. Obviously Oli has his place, but we look much more effective with 3 with pace rather than 2 and a hold up.

What sort of player would you go for instead of Oli? Any names?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Potter tactical masterclass on 19:02 - Apr 7 with 788 viewsvetchonian

Potter tactical masterclass on 15:41 - Apr 7 by Joe_bradshaw

Why VDH and not CCV?

VDH spoke to the bench prior to the substitution following an incident bear that touchline. Maybe he took a knock forfeit a twinge but it was after that Joe started warming up

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Potter tactical masterclass on 19:10 - Apr 7 with 771 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 18:49 - Apr 7 by PozuelosSideys

I agree with this and mentioned it in the matchday thread yesterday. Obviously Oli has his place, but we look much more effective with 3 with pace rather than 2 and a hold up.

What sort of player would you go for instead of Oli? Any names?

Jordon Garrick.
Potter tactical masterclass on 19:13 - Apr 7 with 760 viewsPozuelosSideys

Potter tactical masterclass on 19:10 - Apr 7 by jasper_T

Jordon Garrick.

Wait, youre saying you would throw him straight in rather than look to bring another player in from elsewhere? He ready then?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Potter tactical masterclass on 19:24 - Apr 7 with 739 viewsOldjack

It's gonna be a crying shame if this team gets ripped up this summer. I'll be gutted for us and Potts

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Potter tactical masterclass on 19:36 - Apr 7 with 724 viewsjasper_T

Potter tactical masterclass on 19:13 - Apr 7 by PozuelosSideys

Wait, youre saying you would throw him straight in rather than look to bring another player in from elsewhere? He ready then?

We'll be in no rush to spend, and shouldn't be given how things worked out this season with DJ and Grimes eclipsing players we bought/nearly bought. There's talent at the club already.

Joel Asoro played mostly as a central striker for Sunderland. Cullen and Jones-Thomas also fit the mould of being nimble, mobile forward players. Possibly even Oliver Cooper eventually.

In a week the playoffs might be out of reach. Games remain to give players chances before the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024