Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter 16:34 - May 20 with 3643 viewsMrSwerve

4 year deal.

Bugger.

[Post edited 20 May 2019 16:37]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:35 - May 20 with 2587 viewsSwansea93

Thanks Potter for continuing our exciting rebuilding project.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:38 - May 20 with 2510 viewsAlfieMooresSon

It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:35 - May 20 by Swansea93

Thanks Potter for continuing our exciting rebuilding project.

I had serious doubts before the season, but I now think he was and still is a decent Manager.

Last year he was appointed too late to get players in and out and that put him at a massive disadvantage, plus it was a total rebuild needed, it looks like we could make the same mistake again, but without a decent Manager we are right in the shit.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:38 - May 20 with 2509 viewsMrSwerve

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48340989

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:39 - May 20 with 2488 viewsMrSwerve

He’s excited for the long term vision at Brighton.

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:39 - May 20 with 2488 viewsjasper_T

Fck him.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:40 - May 20 with 2470 viewsSwansea93

Swansea City chairman, Trevor Birch, confirmed: “We received a request from Brighton last week to speak to Graham over the vacant managerial position at the club.

“We had absolutely no desire to lose the services of Graham after the excellent work he had done over the course of his debut season. We therefore declined Brighton’s initial request to speak to him.

“We then spoke to Graham in length over the request. These discussions included the offer of a new, improved contract and certain assurances regarding future squad strengthening. These assurances would have had to sit within our current financial budget, but we were confident that by working together we could build on the excellent progress the team made last season.

“Unfortunately, following those amicable discussions, Graham expressed a desire to challenge himself in the Premier League and we reluctantly allowed him to speak to Brighton after agreeing a compensation package.

“It goes without saying that we are very disappointed to lose Graham and members of his backroom staff, but we would like to thank him for the excellent work he did during our first season of transition and we wish him well at Brighton.

“We will endeavour to keep supporters aware of any developments.’’

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:54 - May 20 with 2319 viewsswan65split

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:40 - May 20 by Swansea93

Swansea City chairman, Trevor Birch, confirmed: “We received a request from Brighton last week to speak to Graham over the vacant managerial position at the club.

“We had absolutely no desire to lose the services of Graham after the excellent work he had done over the course of his debut season. We therefore declined Brighton’s initial request to speak to him.

“We then spoke to Graham in length over the request. These discussions included the offer of a new, improved contract and certain assurances regarding future squad strengthening. These assurances would have had to sit within our current financial budget, but we were confident that by working together we could build on the excellent progress the team made last season.

“Unfortunately, following those amicable discussions, Graham expressed a desire to challenge himself in the Premier League and we reluctantly allowed him to speak to Brighton after agreeing a compensation package.

“It goes without saying that we are very disappointed to lose Graham and members of his backroom staff, but we would like to thank him for the excellent work he did during our first season of transition and we wish him well at Brighton.

"These assurances would have had to sit within our current financial budget,"

ENOUGH SAID.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:56 - May 20 with 2291 viewsAlfieMooresSon

allowed him to speak to Brighton after agreeing to a compensation package.

Show us the $$$$$$
Login to get fewer ads

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:58 - May 20 with 2254 viewsBillyChong

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:54 - May 20 by swan65split

ENOUGH SAID.

Yep, he’s probably heard enough within a year
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:01 - May 20 with 2227 viewslifelong

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:39 - May 20 by jasper_T

Fck him.

I concur.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:08 - May 20 with 2174 viewsAngelRangelQS

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:54 - May 20 by swan65split

ENOUGH SAID.

So you’d advocate us handing him money we don’t have?
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:18 - May 20 with 2076 viewsswan65split

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 16:58 - May 20 by BillyChong

Yep, he’s probably heard enough within a year

TBH I think he had enough by January.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:21 - May 20 with 2047 viewsswan65split

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:08 - May 20 by AngelRangelQS

Change the record will you, its obvious your in love with the Yanks.

suppose you had the same opinion when HJ was wasting our future on a bunch of blood suckers and a fat bank balance.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:23 - May 20 with 2020 viewsTreforys_Jack

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:21 - May 20 by swan65split

Change the record will you, its obvious your in love with the Yanks.

suppose you had the same opinion when HJ was wasting our future on a bunch of blood suckers and a fat bank balance.

He's right though.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:24 - May 20 with 2014 viewsswan65split

Lets see where the money goes from the expected departures shall we?
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:26 - May 20 with 1980 viewsPrivate_Partz

No one advocated we go multi million pounds in debt to support Potter.
I don't think it was an unreasonable expectation to modestly strengthen the squad whilst efforts are made to move the big earners off the books.
These owners were the 'next level' don't forget and able to take the hit of relegation.
I reckon Potter was told there is no new money coming in and we would have to sell to buy in any new players. I we fail get the big earners off the books then there is no guarantee of keeping any of the young starlets on board and we will sell regardless.
This is a very likely scenario as they have a history of not putting money into this club. It is also dubious as to how much of any funds received would actually go into recruitment and what would be used to support the Hedge Fund losses after relegation.
The Yanks are not to be trusted and therfore Brighton was ano brainer for Potter. Don't blame him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:32 - May 20 with 1926 viewsJack_Brel

“We spoke to Graham in length over the request. These discussions included the offer of a new, improved contract and certain assurances regarding future squad strengthening. These assurances would have had to sit within our current financial budget, but we were confident that by working together we could build on the excellent progress the team made last season. Unfortunately, following those amicable discussions, Graham expressed a desire to challenge himself in the Premier League and we reluctantly allowed him to speak to Brighton after agreeing a compensation package."

If that bit is true, then it doesn't sound like there were any nasty surprises - in fact, the club seems to be in a better overall state than during the last transfer window - so I have to say I'm really disappointed in Potter for leaving us in the dung like this for a shortcut to the big time. He MUST know that him leaving, along with his staff and not inconceivably a couple of our best young players, is likely to hurt the club badly, also because those players staying behind will have had their hearts broken by his departure.

His move is disloyal and self-indulgent and I have to say I hope it goes disastrously with him either taking Brighton down or getting the sack before he gets the chance to. Doubt either of these will happen, though, as he is of course a very decent manager.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:33 - May 20 with 1905 viewssg1912

When was the last time we had a manager longer than 2 seasons?
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:34 - May 20 with 1890 viewsjasper_T

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:26 - May 20 by Private_Partz

No one advocated we go multi million pounds in debt to support Potter.
I don't think it was an unreasonable expectation to modestly strengthen the squad whilst efforts are made to move the big earners off the books.
These owners were the 'next level' don't forget and able to take the hit of relegation.
I reckon Potter was told there is no new money coming in and we would have to sell to buy in any new players. I we fail get the big earners off the books then there is no guarantee of keeping any of the young starlets on board and we will sell regardless.
This is a very likely scenario as they have a history of not putting money into this club. It is also dubious as to how much of any funds received would actually go into recruitment and what would be used to support the Hedge Fund losses after relegation.
The Yanks are not to be trusted and therfore Brighton was ano brainer for Potter. Don't blame him.

We're already going multi-millions into debt. Have you not seen last year's accounts?
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:39 - May 20 with 1834 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:34 - May 20 by jasper_T

We're already going multi-millions into debt. Have you not seen last year's accounts?

Well that may or may not be given. I have read countless threads on here and nothing is conclusive for me.
Can you help? How much in debt are we at the moment? Is it a worsening situation?
Do you agree that the Yanks can't therefore take the hit of relegation and therefore the 'next level' claim is laughable?
[Post edited 20 May 2019 17:42]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:46 - May 20 with 1763 viewsjasper_T

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:39 - May 20 by Private_Partz

Well that may or may not be given. I have read countless threads on here and nothing is conclusive for me.
Can you help? How much in debt are we at the moment? Is it a worsening situation?
Do you agree that the Yanks can't therefore take the hit of relegation and therefore the 'next level' claim is laughable?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00123414/filing-history

Happy to help.
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:51 - May 20 with 1714 viewsBillyChong

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:39 - May 20 by Private_Partz

‘Next level’ was the biggest joke/lie ever
(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:52 - May 20 with 1705 viewsPrivate_Partz

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:46 - May 20 by jasper_T

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00123414/filing-history

Happy to help.

Doesn't help at all. Any of those on here professing to have knowledge of such have widely differing views. Read the endless threads when Shakey and Lisa used to lock horns.
Now strop dodging the column. What are YOUR views? There were a few questions there. After all you always claim to be ITK. ;-)

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:52 - May 20 with 1701 viewsNeath_Jack

F*ck him, the f*cking worm.

And well done Trev, DO NOT buy players just to keep the computer championship managers happy. I'd rather have a club in leagues one or two than no club at all.

On we go...

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:55 - May 20 with 1674 viewsKGriz16

(SSN) It’s official: Brighton confirm Potter on 17:52 - May 20 by Neath_Jack

F*ck him, the f*cking worm.

And well done Trev, DO NOT buy players just to keep the computer championship managers happy. I'd rather have a club in leagues one or two than no club at all.

On we go...

Fantastic.

F*ck Potter. We offered him everything, he didn't wanna know once the big league came calling. Swansea bigger than him, any players who don't wanna be here can go too. F*ck 'em
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024