Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dineen v Pearlman 11:09 - Jul 3 with 4126 viewsDarran

What the fuçk was the point of replacing Dineen with Pearlman?
£15k a week and a complete and utter load of wañk.

Shit sponsors and a disaster of a venture in the city centre plus he now employs (so I’m told) more staff in the commercial dept than Dineen ever did.

Seriously what was the point? £15k a poxy week more than when Dineen was doing it and for what?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Dineen v Pearlman on 11:34 - Jul 3 with 2775 viewsBadlands

Come on Darran you're better than tae comment.
Increased off field income of £2.5 million over and above his wages and previous income.
Shop in town failed because people didn't use it. More of an indictment on our fans than Pearlman.
Look around the Championship and outside the top 6 of the PL and who is doing anything different. No magic unicorn out there (despite what Brexiters claim).

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dineen v Pearlman on 11:42 - Jul 3 with 2752 viewsnantywatcher

I see both sides of this argument.
I think he is bleeding useless for the salary he draws and the city centre shop was always a disaster waiting to happen, but there are very limited opportunities for him to shine.
There must so many people out there that could have performed easily as well as him on a salary of £2/£3k per week.Surely?
Dineen v Pearlman on 11:50 - Jul 3 with 2734 viewsDarran

Dineen v Pearlman on 11:34 - Jul 3 by Badlands

Increased off field income of £2.5 million over and above his wages and previous income.
Shop in town failed because people didn't use it. More of an indictment on our fans than Pearlman.
Look around the Championship and outside the top 6 of the PL and who is doing anything different. No magic unicorn out there (despite what Brexiters claim).

I’m not better than anything. He’s a waste of money and a waste of tine.
£15k a week ffs.

Dineen v Pearlman on 11:56 - Jul 3 with 2706 viewsDarran

I don’t believe he’s made a profit of £2.5million when you total everything up like extra staff etc.

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:03 - Jul 3 with 2666 viewsvetchonian

I am not defending anyone here but isnt Pearlman CEO not just "commercial manager/director"

I think this aopointment shows "mismanagment" by the majority shareholders by appointing a non football person to the snior role.

How could a club of Swansea's size even in the PL justify paying a CEO and Chairman the high slaries we were /are even when HJ was in post.

On the face of it he doesnt seem to have "paid his way" but then without access to all the numbers we cannot tell.

What it further reinforces is the cheek of HJ to pay himself that massive salary! And reaises questions about the "savvy " of the Yanks!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:08 - Jul 3 with 2644 viewsjasper_T

Alright, Leigh, calm down.
Dineen v Pearlman on 12:12 - Jul 3 with 2615 viewsDarran

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:03 - Jul 3 by vetchonian

I am not defending anyone here but isnt Pearlman CEO not just "commercial manager/director"

I think this aopointment shows "mismanagment" by the majority shareholders by appointing a non football person to the snior role.

How could a club of Swansea's size even in the PL justify paying a CEO and Chairman the high slaries we were /are even when HJ was in post.

On the face of it he doesnt seem to have "paid his way" but then without access to all the numbers we cannot tell.

What it further reinforces is the cheek of HJ to pay himself that massive salary! And reaises questions about the "savvy " of the Yanks!!!

Spot on.

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:15 - Jul 3 with 2605 viewsswan65split

Bit unfair to blame the fans ......when the commercial side is always rise and fall with how successful the side is.

2.5 mill over may be down to selling off the stuff on the cheap, would be nice to see outlay /income on merchandise .
Login to get fewer ads

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:18 - Jul 3 with 2593 viewsJacket

Or an indictment on the city centre itself.
Dineen v Pearlman on 12:38 - Jul 3 with 2510 viewsChief

I know what the point in replacing Dineen with Ted Danson was. To give a wage to one of the Yanks buddies, thereby taking money directly out of the club and across the pond.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:46 - Jul 3 with 2480 viewsBadlands

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:15 - Jul 3 by swan65split

Bit unfair to blame the fans ......when the commercial side is always rise and fall with how successful the side is.

2.5 mill over may be down to selling off the stuff on the cheap, would be nice to see outlay /income on merchandise .

Did the town shop ever pay its way?
I believe it was more of an advertising outlet and City centre presence - great when we had TV £££££. but an obvious cost cutter when needed.
Had fans used the shop and it had broken even it would have been kept on.
Pearlman seems to be the new bogeyman now Jenkins has gone.
IMO he's done a very good job - 2018
'Commercial revenue rose from £9.4m to £12.1m (29%) as Swansea managed to exploit their Premier League status successfully one last time.'
That's just on £ & p and doesn't take into account the developments in advertising, ticketing, in house TV etc that have dragged us into the 21st Century.
His brief has been complicated by relegation but to complain about his modernising and increased income at a time when we could have crumbled is pretty pathetic TBH.
Cost effective.
But why not let Dai from the pub have a go - he'd be cheap and knows a few people.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 12:46]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:59 - Jul 3 with 2418 viewsFireboy2

Bloody hell, i came on here thinking that the 2 bellends had been fighting.

Boooooooo
Dineen v Pearlman on 13:02 - Jul 3 with 2404 viewsNeath_Jack

Darran is now #TeamDineen.

Wait until we have John Van Texas over from America, he'll be back to being #TeamVanZweden then.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Dineen v Pearlman on 13:06 - Jul 3 with 2385 viewsDarran

Dineen v Pearlman on 13:02 - Jul 3 by Neath_Jack

Darran is now #TeamDineen.

Wait until we have John Van Texas over from America, he'll be back to being #TeamVanZweden then.

Am I fuçk I just don’t see the point in spunking £15k a week on someone who doesn’t appear to be earning his corn.

Dineen v Pearlman on 13:08 - Jul 3 with 2377 viewsDarran

Dineen v Pearlman on 12:46 - Jul 3 by Badlands

Did the town shop ever pay its way?
I believe it was more of an advertising outlet and City centre presence - great when we had TV £££££. but an obvious cost cutter when needed.
Had fans used the shop and it had broken even it would have been kept on.
Pearlman seems to be the new bogeyman now Jenkins has gone.
IMO he's done a very good job - 2018
'Commercial revenue rose from £9.4m to £12.1m (29%) as Swansea managed to exploit their Premier League status successfully one last time.'
That's just on £ & p and doesn't take into account the developments in advertising, ticketing, in house TV etc that have dragged us into the 21st Century.
His brief has been complicated by relegation but to complain about his modernising and increased income at a time when we could have crumbled is pretty pathetic TBH.
Cost effective.
But why not let Dai from the pub have a go - he'd be cheap and knows a few people.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 12:46]

A lot of the rise in incoming revenue is the extra sponsorship money that became ours after taking over the stadium surely?

Dineen v Pearlman on 14:16 - Jul 3 with 2233 viewsCooperman

Dineen v Pearlman on 11:56 - Jul 3 by Darran

I don’t believe he’s made a profit of £2.5million when you total everything up like extra staff etc.

He's increased revenue by £2.5m and rather than profit by £2.5m. Actual profit on that revenue increase might be considerably less which backs up your point even more.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dineen v Pearlman on 14:24 - Jul 3 with 2212 viewsSwans9

Pearls of wisdom don't believe.
Dineen v Pearlman on 14:32 - Jul 3 with 2179 viewsDarran

Dineen v Pearlman on 14:16 - Jul 3 by Cooperman

He's increased revenue by £2.5m and rather than profit by £2.5m. Actual profit on that revenue increase might be considerably less which backs up your point even more.

Indeed.

Dineen v Pearlman on 14:35 - Jul 3 with 2171 viewsPhil_S

Just a couple of points to make

Pearlman isn't on 15k per week to my knowledge. In fact I believe it is less than 50% of that but I don't know for certain

The last question of the OP also suggested that the predecessor was working for nada, I don't believe this was the case either

Wont be arguing with some of the other points
Dineen v Pearlman on 14:59 - Jul 3 with 2110 viewsLeonWasGod

Quite. Wa it as much as £2.5m, I thought it was closer to £2m? Not that it matters as your point still stands - he's payed for himself and some.

And we now own a long lease on a staium that's f*cked too!
Dineen v Pearlman on 15:02 - Jul 3 with 2104 viewsCooperman

Dineen v Pearlman on 14:59 - Jul 3 by LeonWasGod

Quite. Wa it as much as £2.5m, I thought it was closer to £2m? Not that it matters as your point still stands - he's payed for himself and some.

And we now own a long lease on a staium that's f*cked too!

In the long term it's profit that pays the wages and not income. The latter doesn't necessarily guarantee the former.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Dineen v Pearlman on 15:26 - Jul 3 with 2068 viewsnantywatcher

Dineen v Pearlman on 15:02 - Jul 3 by Cooperman

In the long term it's profit that pays the wages and not income. The latter doesn't necessarily guarantee the former.

Exactly. Turnover does not equal profit by a long way. The shop contributed to the increased turnover but almost certainly provided another nice little loss to cope with. If he's on PS's guesstimate of £300k - he's still on money we could alternatively have attracted someone with star quality.
Dineen v Pearlman on 15:40 - Jul 3 with 2029 viewsDarran

Dineen v Pearlman on 14:35 - Jul 3 by Phil_S

Just a couple of points to make

Pearlman isn't on 15k per week to my knowledge. In fact I believe it is less than 50% of that but I don't know for certain

The last question of the OP also suggested that the predecessor was working for nada, I don't believe this was the case either

Wont be arguing with some of the other points

I’m not suggesting the predecessor was working for nada but it seems pointless adding another wage a wage by what I’m told he’s still getting though it’s nothing compared to Pearlmans and I thought the accounts said Pearlman was on £750k per year which is more or less £15k per week.

Dineen v Pearlman on 16:05 - Jul 3 with 1981 viewsIAN05

I don’t know if Chris Pearlman is any good or not, things certainly seem more professional with him running day to day operations. That said, fans can’t be blamed for the failure of the city centre shop. The club positioned it poorly, with a very poor range and in a street where the footfall would never have been sufficient. I actually discussed this point with Chris Pearlman when it was first mooted and he would not be convinced otherwise and told me it would definitely be profitable.

The commercial income in last years accounts certainly look more favourable than previous but would have to look deeper than just that figure to know if he is any good.

One thing that is interesting is that despite Leigh Dineen being criticised by all, there are a number of ex-club staff who have left the club to go and work for him. - which suggests he can’t have been as bad as people think
Dineen v Pearlman on 16:48 - Jul 3 with 1907 viewsPhil_S

Dineen v Pearlman on 15:40 - Jul 3 by Darran

I’m not suggesting the predecessor was working for nada but it seems pointless adding another wage a wage by what I’m told he’s still getting though it’s nothing compared to Pearlmans and I thought the accounts said Pearlman was on £750k per year which is more or less £15k per week.

The accounts list his salary?
I thought they only had to do that for the highest paid director?

He's not on 15k a week though, or he isn't if what I am told is correct (which I have no reason to doubt)

Similarly I should add he isn't on £20k pa either ;-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024