Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was you favourite Swans goalie? 18:51 - Oct 4 with 7678 viewsDracan66

I’m going for Dai Teflon, the look on his face as the ball sailed past him into the back of the net was priceless.
Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 21:33 - Oct 4 with 1557 viewsdickythorpe

Guthrie
Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 21:52 - Oct 4 with 1533 viewstheloneranger

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 21:33 - Oct 4 by dickythorpe

Guthrie

Peter Guthrie, a centre forward who became a goalkeeper. A great signing by Terry Yorath, Guthrie was part of the team who won promotion from the 4th Division in 1988.

Here's a good write up on him ...

https://blythspirit.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/peter-guthrie-the-spartan-who-earne

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 21:57 - Oct 4 with 1521 viewssherpajacob

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 20:31 - Oct 4 by theloneranger

Peta B'Alac

Any relation to Dropa B'olac

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 22:05 - Oct 4 with 1498 viewssherpajacob

Favourite by a country mile : Roger

Best : Fabby, although if Vorm had stayed it might have been him.

Unsung: Rhys Wilmot, unbelievable saves in every game.

Favourite memory: Jimmy Rimmer Friday night v Brizzle city.

I liked him, but it seems I'm on my own : Doris.

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 22:11 - Oct 4 with 1468 viewsbuilthjack

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 22:05 - Oct 4 by sherpajacob

Favourite by a country mile : Roger

Best : Fabby, although if Vorm had stayed it might have been him.

Unsung: Rhys Wilmot, unbelievable saves in every game.

Favourite memory: Jimmy Rimmer Friday night v Brizzle city.

I liked him, but it seems I'm on my own : Doris.

I played against Rhys a few times in the late 1990s when he was playing for Presteigne in the Mid Wales League. He had a pub nearby.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 22:15 - Oct 4 with 1469 viewsunion_jack

Not one mention of Chris Sander.

Not my favourite, that’s Dave Stewart by a mile, but thought he may have been mentioned in dispatches.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 22:21 - Oct 4 with 1444 viewsTNT

Seeing as we're now naming everyone...

...Konstantopoulos

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 23:10 - Oct 4 with 1411 viewsTreforys_Jack

Yep Dave Stewart for me as well, shocking decision to drop him for Teflon. Who was the keeper who used to drop kick the ball, Keith Barber possibly ?
Login to get fewer ads

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 23:39 - Oct 4 with 1382 viewsGlyn1

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 19:04 - Oct 4 by raynor94

Tony Millington, a real character

Absolutely 100% this. As a kid he made me fall in love with the Swans, the ****

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 23:54 - Oct 4 with 1359 viewsswan65split

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 18:58 - Oct 4 by dickythorpe

ROGER, ROGER -ROGER, ROGER ROGER, ROGER

Sat oppositte Roger on the train when he was making his way to make his debut for the Swans.
Dont forget George Heyes, a Gordon Banks understudy!!! remember one of his saves was sitting on the ball.

Dilwyn John.....a hit whatever the colour of the ball was

also Lee Bracey
[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 23:55]
Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 00:43 - Oct 5 with 1350 viewstheloneranger

Some of the goalkeepers I've watched playing for the Swans ...

Ronnie Briggs, John Black, Derek Bellotti, Peta B'Alac, Keith Barber, Lee Bracey, Graham Brown, Brian Cash,Geoff Crudgington, Neil Cutler, Alex Davies, Dai Davies, Lyn Davies, Dorus De Vries, Noel Dwyer, Lukasz Fabianski, Roger Freestone, Matt Gregg, Willy Gueret, Peter Guthrie, George Heyes, Mike Hughes, Dilwyn John, Jason Jones, Lee Jones, Mark Kendall, Johnny King, Dimi Konstantopoulos, Atur Krysiak, Glan Letheran, Tony Millington, Brian Murphy, Donny Payne, Mike Pinner, Steve Potter, Jimmy Rimmer, Chris Sander, Dave Stewart, Gerhard Tremmel, Michel Vorm, Rhys Wilmot, Freddie Woodman.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 0:49]

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 00:46 - Oct 5 with 1332 viewsTNT

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 00:43 - Oct 5 by theloneranger

Ronnie Briggs, John Black, Derek Bellotti, Peta B'Alac, Keith Barber, Lee Bracey, Graham Brown, Brian Cash,Geoff Crudgington, Neil Cutler, Alex Davies, Dai Davies, Lyn Davies, Dorus De Vries, Noel Dwyer, Lukasz Fabianski, Roger Freestone, Matt Gregg, Willy Gueret, Peter Guthrie, George Heyes, Mike Hughes, Dilwyn John, Jason Jones, Lee Jones, Mark Kendall, Johnny King, Dimi Konstantopoulos, Atur Krysiak, Glan Letheran, Tony Millington, Brian Murphy, Donny Payne, Mike Pinner, Steve Potter, Jimmy Rimmer, Chris Sander, Dave Stewart, Gerhard Tremmel, Michel Vorm, Rhys Wilmot, Freddie Woodman.

Apart from Tatey, which other outfield players have gone in goal for us?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 00:56 - Oct 5 with 1336 viewstheloneranger

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 00:46 - Oct 5 by TNT

Angel Rangel v The Scum.

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 04:51 - Oct 5 with 1283 viewsAnotherJohn

We've has some good keepers. The one who sticks in the mind as a character is Millington. He wasn't the best all-round keeper, but having said that, he pulled off one of the most acrobatic leaps I've seen in the top corner at Exeter. I think Fabs is technically the best we've had, and, of course, he performed at the top level. Mike Hughes would have ranked higher in the list if his career hadn't been cut short. Freestone and Rimmer also up there.
Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 06:08 - Oct 5 with 1268 viewsCaptain_Sham

I remember being excited when we signed "The Flying Dutchman" Nico Schroeder in July 1976 as a replacement for the hapless Steve Potter (he of the white electricians Van).
Unfortunately after a comical performance in his debut, at Stockport, on a Friday night in August he was never heard of again.
I liked Steve Potters GK jersey though. Bright blue.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 6:08]

Its just a ride.

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 07:47 - Oct 5 with 1230 viewssherpajacob

Didn't Terry Yorath go in goal from the start in a,welsh cup match.?

Or was it something dodgy giving me hallucinations in the 80s

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 09:03 - Oct 5 with 1190 viewsBadlands

TBF we've had some cracking (& some crackpot) keepers but I am surprised few are mentioning Willy Gyeret. Remembered more for getting arrested than his goalkeeping maybe?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 09:13 - Oct 5 with 1186 viewsswan65split

Geoff Thomas
Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 10:16 - Oct 5 with 1171 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 07:47 - Oct 5 by sherpajacob

Didn't Terry Yorath go in goal from the start in a,welsh cup match.?

Or was it something dodgy giving me hallucinations in the 80s

Wolves away after a sending off? When we lost 4-0? Or am I hallucinating again??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 10:57 - Oct 5 with 1142 viewstheloneranger

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 10:16 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Wolves away after a sending off? When we lost 4-0? Or am I hallucinating again??

That was Yorath's one and only league appearance in a Swans shirt, but I can't remember where he played.

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 11:05 - Oct 5 with 1139 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 10:57 - Oct 5 by theloneranger

That was Yorath's one and only league appearance in a Swans shirt, but I can't remember where he played.

Oh yes that’s right. He was left back I think and got rinsed (as did we 4-0?). It could have been that famous 87 season when were second in February after beating the runaway leaders Northampton away then losing most of the remaining games. Getting thrashed 4-1 at f*cking Aldershot was a low away day for me. Similar at Colchester away on a Friday night when the segregation was chicken wire.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 11:47 - Oct 5 with 1117 viewskrunchykarrot

Jimmy Rimmer was world class.
Fab was and is world class the best ive seen in a Swans kit.

Someoe earlier said that Vorm might be up there, took the money and never played at a decent level since.
Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 12:15 - Oct 5 with 1104 viewsDarran

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 00:43 - Oct 5 by theloneranger

Was you at the game where Alex Davies made his debut?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 12:25 - Oct 5 with 1097 viewstheloneranger

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 12:15 - Oct 5 by Darran

Was you at the game where Alex Davies made his debut?

👍👍 When he came on as a sub for Jason Jones ... saved a penalty, but I think the ref accused him of moving too soon and gave Bury a 2nd go, from which they scored.

Who was you favourite Swans goalie? on 12:31 - Oct 5 with 1092 viewsSgorioFruit

Nordfelt

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024