Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY 12:19 - Dec 17 with 9548 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City Under-23s lead coach Gary Richards has left his role at the club.

Richard departs after a long-running association with Swansea City, and is expected to officially reunite with Cameron Toshack at Cypriot top-flight club Pafos FC.

Richards, 56, spent the last four years working alongside Toshack as joint under-23s lead coach.

Swansea City chairman Trevor Birch said: “Everyone at Swansea City would like to thank Gary for his fantastic service to the club over the years and wish him well for the future.”

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/gary-richards-leaves-swansea-city-role

#backtojack

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:19 - Dec 18 with 1582 viewsBluebird

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 14:42 - Dec 17 by TimTtam

The 'black hole' is cleared, parachute payments are NOT reducing (we essentially had zero parachute payment this season because it was used to fill the 'black hole'), Borja, Ayew, and VDH will be off the wage bill, and we will have a surplus of cash due to player sales (the yanks will surely not invest it).

Why do people think we are in a financial mess?

The black hole is cleared?? Do you have proof to show it has?
GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:38 - Dec 18 with 1566 viewsTimTtam

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:19 - Dec 18 by Bluebird

You know I don't have proof. I don't work for Swansea City AFC, or for Jason Levien.

But it's simple enough to understand. The black hole was supposedly 30M. That figure was mentioned enough times by enough people for it to seem appropriate. We received 40.5M in player and manager sales. So, lets say people got the figure wrong, and it was actually 35M. The black hole would still be cleared. And lets say people's estimations were way off, and it was actually 40M. The black hole would still be cleared.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:41 - Dec 18 with 1561 viewsTimTtam

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 18:18 - Dec 17 by perplex

Because all our profits will go in to our American friends pockets, simple really.

I'd love for someone to give an explanation. Can the yanks legally take money from the club? What's stopping an owner in the PL from taking the 100M TV money, quitting, and placing the club in administration?

There is a huge ownership mess, but not a financial one as far as I'm concerned.

My name is Matt

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:42 - Dec 18 with 1559 viewsvetchonian

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:19 - Dec 18 by Bluebird

You just worry about your own financial issues like paying Nantes wha is owed to them!!!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 16:15 - Dec 18 with 1539 viewsjasper_T

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:38 - Dec 18 by TimTtam

You know I don't have proof. I don't work for Swansea City AFC, or for Jason Levien.

But it's simple enough to understand. The black hole was supposedly 30M. That figure was mentioned enough times by enough people for it to seem appropriate. We received 40.5M in player and manager sales. So, lets say people got the figure wrong, and it was actually 35M. The black hole would still be cleared. And lets say people's estimations were way off, and it was actually 40M. The black hole would still be cleared.

A financial black hole is a deficit, not a single debt that can be cleared with a one-off sum. Same as most other Championship sides we'll likely see annual debts that need to be recovered with player sales, it's extremely difficult to live within means in this division.

£30m was needed last season, could well be the same again this season with Borja and Ayew still on the books.
GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 1509 viewsLuther27

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 16:15 - Dec 18 by jasper_T

A financial black hole is a deficit, not a single debt that can be cleared with a one-off sum. Same as most other Championship sides we'll likely see annual debts that need to be recovered with player sales, it's extremely difficult to live within means in this division.

£30m was needed last season, could well be the same again this season with Borja and Ayew still on the books.

Unfortunately for us at the end of the season we do not have two players and a manager to raise circa £40 million. It's going to be interesting when the next set of accounts are lodged with companies house though.
GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 22:22 - Dec 18 with 1435 viewsBluebird

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 15:38 - Dec 18 by TimTtam

I know what you mean but your just assuminng it's cleared?
Not having a go but if i had a mortgage or loan etc then later on came in to a few quid which was more than enough to pay my debt off it dont mean i have to??
I could just carry on paying the agreed instalments and spend or keep my money elsewhere?
GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 23:01 - Dec 18 with 1405 viewsKilkennyjack

Parachute payments are unique to the English game and, currently, see relegated clubs receive a percentage of their final earnings in the Premier League in which they were relegated. These drop progressively over a three year period — 55% in the first year, 45% in year two and 20% in the final year.

After next season ....we are screwed.

And then we will have new owners....

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 23:10 - Dec 18 with 1396 viewsmajorraglan

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 23:01 - Dec 18 by Kilkennyjack

Parachute payments are unique to the English game and, currently, see relegated clubs receive a percentage of their final earnings in the Premier League in which they were relegated. These drop progressively over a three year period — 55% in the first year, 45% in year two and 20% in the final year.

After next season ....we are screwed.

And then we will have new owners....

It doesn’t help that some of the PPs were cashed in early to help the cash flow, jor do the losses on the likes of Clucas etc. Baston was a £15m purchase, what’s he worth now?
GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 04:38 - Dec 19 with 1349 viewsTimTtam

GARY RICHARDS LEAVES SWANSEA CITY on 16:15 - Dec 18 by jasper_T

Of course, there will be a serious reduction in income. But especially at the end of this season, we will see our wage bill drop significantly. Borja, Ayew, VDH, and Montero will be gone, and Naughton, Dyer, & Carrol will either be gone or have reduced wages on a new contract.

Then factor in the transfer fee we will receive for Ayew (or others?) leaving, whether it is in January or later. If Birch does his job properly, and he has a good track record, then we will be stable enough.

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024