Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper is now worrying me 10:12 - Feb 9 with 5853 viewsNotLoyal

Yesterday we were 2-1 up, based on I would say HT talk, slight change in formation, we were pushing on the back four and it worked.
However, at 2-1 Cocu changed his formation and tactics, two subs on and Rooney pushed forwards maybe ten metres. This totally stuffed us, it was blatantly obvious from that point Derby had the flexibility to change and it paid off. Albeit from mistakes in midfield by us, Routledge especially. Cooper didn’t react, there was nothing, no matching Cocu’s changes, we just dropped back, gave the ball away and lost the game. This for me was down to Cooper and Marsh, they seemed devoid of any ability to at least redress the balance. Game to game I am getting increasingly worried by Cooper and his tactical nouse in game time. I know he is new to this, and it’s now clear we won’t be challenging for any top 6 spot unless something drastically changes. I’m worried.

And I will add an edit, we didn’t give Rooney anything other than respect yesterday, three hard challenges from 3 separate players and a bit of bite and he would have faded from the game. Instead we may have well passed the ball to him ... oh hang on.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2020 10:20]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper is now worrying me on 16:02 - Feb 10 with 789 viewsjack247

Cooper is now worrying me on 15:49 - Feb 10 by Badlands

One of the main reasons we can't keep our passing style going is because players without the ball only move sideways across the pitch and don't work to get into space or create space.
There was one passage o play from Derby that highlighted how static we are.
Derby players manoeuvred Byers, Grimes and Naughton and left a big space in front of the dugout and towards the corner flag. Lawrence pointed where he want the ball played and the defender with the rolled it in to the space for Lawrence to walk on to. It's what we used to do.
One old wag near me has compared our movement with a game of table football.

I agree
Cooper is now worrying me on 16:08 - Feb 10 with 776 viewsjasper_T

Wonder if Matt Grimes still speaks positively of Cooper's "win at all costs" training mentality? Intensity up during the week, not enough left in the tank on match day (no subs doesn't help).

Tournament football very different from a long and hectic league schedule.
Cooper is now worrying me on 20:41 - Feb 10 with 657 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper is now worrying me on 16:08 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

Wonder if Matt Grimes still speaks positively of Cooper's "win at all costs" training mentality? Intensity up during the week, not enough left in the tank on match day (no subs doesn't help).

Tournament football very different from a long and hectic league schedule.

Well if it’s “win at all costs” then it isn’t f*cking working.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper is now worrying me on 21:36 - Feb 10 with 625 viewsjack2jack

We have had this conversation before about managers, and I think I've said on more than one occasion, that we need consistency, I completely agree with most of what has been said, regarding SC management skills.
The old adage that this is a marathon, not a sprint, springs to mind.
Look were are in a bit of a pickle, financially, etc and blah, blah blah.
It's not ideal, as we all know, but let's give it a while longer, let the new lads settle in, let Cooper get a few miles under his belt, if it goes completely nubs up, then there is only one option, he has to go.
We are not in a bad position, albeit we need to show a bit more nouse and get a bit more streetwise, and Cooper needs to sort his sh!t out, there is no doubt.Its up to him now to show all of us what he's about, if he can.
I'm just trying to get a bit of balance here, we don't have millions to spend, and let's not get into the whys and wherefores.
Just as I see it ladies and gentlemen.👍
Cooper is now worrying me on 23:02 - Feb 10 with 586 viewsswan65split

Cooper is now worrying me on 21:36 - Feb 10 by jack2jack

We have had this conversation before about managers, and I think I've said on more than one occasion, that we need consistency, I completely agree with most of what has been said, regarding SC management skills.
The old adage that this is a marathon, not a sprint, springs to mind.
Look were are in a bit of a pickle, financially, etc and blah, blah blah.
It's not ideal, as we all know, but let's give it a while longer, let the new lads settle in, let Cooper get a few miles under his belt, if it goes completely nubs up, then there is only one option, he has to go.
We are not in a bad position, albeit we need to show a bit more nouse and get a bit more streetwise, and Cooper needs to sort his sh!t out, there is no doubt.Its up to him now to show all of us what he's about, if he can.
I'm just trying to get a bit of balance here, we don't have millions to spend, and let's not get into the whys and wherefores.
Just as I see it ladies and gentlemen.👍

"let the new lads settle in" ...yes not a bad suggestion, but on the other hand , they and a few more will not be here next season.

Bit to think on there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024