Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little England beyond Wales 17:19 - May 10 with 3042 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/smouldering-anger-west-wales-secon

Couriers are still delivering suitcases down and supermarkets delivering to obvious second homes....
Little England beyond Wales on 17:01 - May 11 with 701 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Little England beyond Wales on 16:13 - May 11 by Johnw102

Pity the tolls are not still on the bridges, would have been the easy option to turn them round there.

That's the trouble with us Welsh. We don't protect our borders properly.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Little England beyond Wales on 17:06 - May 11 with 690 viewscontroversial_jack

It would be easy to turn caravans around. they stand out a mile
Little England beyond Wales on 09:04 - May 13 with 594 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Trampie unusually not available for comment .........

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Little England beyond Wales on 09:12 - May 13 with 579 viewsWhiterockin

English are already trying to book into holiday parks in Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52634192
[Post edited 13 May 2020 9:14]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Little England beyond Wales on 10:11 - May 13 with 553 viewsdickythorpe

Little England beyond Wales on 09:12 - May 13 by Whiterockin

English are already trying to book into holiday parks in Wales.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-52634192
[Post edited 13 May 2020 9:14]

I heard the owner being interviewed on radio Wales.
What is she to do? The lack of leadership and enforcement of the rules could come back and haunt us.

I wish we had a Cuomo like figure in charge
Little England beyond Wales on 11:07 - May 13 with 531 viewsBytholWyn

Little England beyond Wales on 10:11 - May 13 by dickythorpe

I heard the owner being interviewed on radio Wales.
What is she to do? The lack of leadership and enforcement of the rules could come back and haunt us.

I wish we had a Cuomo like figure in charge

The travel restrictions are justifiable throughout Wales, but have a particular relevance to those parts of Wales (and the UK for that matter) with big tourism sectors i.e. West Wales. The hospital provision in West Wales is geared towards the needs of the resident population by and large, and the last thing the hospitals in Haverfordwest, Aberystwyth and Bangor need right now is an influx of holidaymakers. You only have to look at what happened the weekend before the lockdown, with record numbers flocking to Snowdon and resorts being inundated, to see what the realistic consequences of allowing people to travel freely would be, both within Wales and from outside Wales.

It's also worth noting that even if second home owners pay Council Tax (which many avoid by registering as businesses, where they get generous small business tax relief) this doesn't pay for the health service, and only a fraction of local government expenditure. Trivial compared to the health issues at stake, but the idea that second home owners are making the same contribution to the local economy as year-round residents is clearly false.

Making this a Welsh-English thing isn't helpful. Cornwall, the Lakes (with the South Lakes having some of the highest infection rates in the UK) and and other popular tourist destinations,will face some real challenges over the coming weeks - with people likely to descend in their thousands on towns and villages where cafes, restaurants and public facilities (including public toilets) are closed. Remind me again of Boris' advice is to those caught short a couple of hours' drive from home? Shyt in a bag?
Little England beyond Wales on 11:56 - May 13 with 499 viewsairedale

Years ago, in a tourist place in the US, Monument Valley perhaps, in this little nook, someone had written on the rock, ‘if you voted for Nixon, you can’t shit here cos your rsole is in Washington’.
Little England beyond Wales on 19:31 - May 13 with 430 viewsNotLoyal

Little England beyond Wales on 18:53 - May 10 by dickythorpe

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the headers start having a pop.

There’s some serious cases down there that’s for sure, wouldn’t surprise me.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024