Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. 23:36 - Sep 22 with 7839 viewsNotLoyal

WYCOMBE WANDERERS V SWANSEA CITY
ADAMS PARK, HIGH WYCOMBE
SATURDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2020
KICK OFF 12.30PM
SKY SPORTS LIVE

REFEREE : A bloke called Geoff.

This is Geoff, he is from County Durham and is quite an ugly man.

This is Gareth Ainsworth coming off stage at Reading last year
This is Steve Cooper, unrivalled in the facial stakes. He is non negotiable.

History. The name Wycombe appears to come from the river Wye and the old English word for a wooded valley, combe, but... Modern-day High Wycombe. High Wycombe comprises a number of suburbs including Booker, Bowerdean, Castlefield, Cressex,... Demography. High Wycombe's population figure differs with the varying definitions of the town's area

Already you can see the whole area is a confusion of words, in the above passage the author clearly wrote all the words they know but in no particular order. The town itself is described by its locals as a chav town, my understanding of this term is - generic dressed young people who don't wash, talk like they are from Jamaica or Barnsley and eat chips and sewerage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fat bloke James Corden supports local side West Ham, Corden was raised in Wycombe but born in Hillingdon which was at the time the closest hospital for fat babies. Corden is married to Julian Clarey and they have numerous children.
Other famous people from Wycombe are Terry Pratchet, the drummer from Pentangle, Ian Dury and Matt Dawson the oblong chasing cooking bloke who has been booted off a question of sport.

Memories from 26 years ago are rekindled as Swansea City beat Wycombe over two legs in the 1994 Autoglass semi finals. Here we see Swansea Independent columnist Roger Freestone lifting the trophy at that Wembley. Swansea City are the only team to win a trophy at the old Wembley, the new Wembley and at Leckwith when the FA played their major finals there. Swansea are good at winning. Well done.
**As a footnote you will see some local MP in the background, he supports whatever team he wants to so as to improve his overall cock rating with whichever constituency he represents"" I think it's Michael Howard MP who along with Leon Briton MP went on to play for Swansea City **

And now for some football
Swansea have won 6 of their games against Wycombe. Wycombe have also won 6, with 2 being a draw.

Did you know?
Swansea and Wycombe have met in the Autoglass Trophy, LDV Vans Trophy, Auto windscreens Trophy and the Johnstone Paints Trophy. It is genuinely possible had Swansea not become Wales greatest ever football side winning a major trophy and going on a European journey with internationals in World Cup Finals playing for six of the top ten countries in the world they would have also met in the Checkatrade Trophy as well. But Swansea at the time were shit hot. Wycombe were not..

The Wycombe Wanderers squad is now somewhat depleted since their return to action this season. During lockdown they took the opportunity to grow old and eat Mars bars. The game is LIVE on SKY and Wycombe Wanderers should be ashamed of themselves.

MORE TO FOLLOW.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:48]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:45 - Sep 26 with 1302 viewsDr_Parnassus

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:27 - Sep 26 by Neath_Jack

That was almost a Brendan type performance.

Gibbs White is absolutely running the show, he is everywhere. Shows how ordinary Gallagher was last year.

Bidwell is an outstanding wing back at this level.

Hopefully Cooper get's in their earholes in the dressing room to pick the tempo back up and go for the jugular the second half.

Loved that half of football!
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 13:35]

Not sure if I am allowed to agree with you now that I’m on your naughty list but agree completely. MGW and Gallagher aren’t even in the same conversation. He looks to be the best attacking mid we have had for a very long time, most certainly going to be the Brewster type where we just enjoy him for the season we have him for.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2020 13:46]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:46 - Sep 26 with 1300 viewsGeoffThom

If we could keep these 3 at the back at this club we could go up with a striker also the 3 at the back are gonna be worth a fortune
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:54 - Sep 26 with 1264 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Lazy third quarter performance.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:57 - Sep 26 with 1255 viewsjasper_T

Been flat for almost 15 minutes. Time to work, Mr Manager.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:58 - Sep 26 with 1248 viewsAnotherJohn

Getting very sloppy - hope we don't regret this.
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:58 - Sep 26 with 1243 viewsAndyCole

~70% possession and twice as many shots, winning 2-0 away.

What should the manager now do to maintain this dominance ?

Be good to hear some thoughts re subs, tactical changes.

- Fulton for Smith who is yet again anonymous, Cullen up top.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:07 - Sep 26 with 1201 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:58 - Sep 26 by AnotherJohn

Getting very sloppy - hope we don't regret this.

Should have been a hatrick for GW there

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:09 - Sep 26 with 1190 viewsAnotherJohn

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 13:58 - Sep 26 by AndyCole

~70% possession and twice as many shots, winning 2-0 away.

What should the manager now do to maintain this dominance ?

Be good to hear some thoughts re subs, tactical changes.

- Fulton for Smith who is yet again anonymous, Cullen up top.

Accurate prediction
Login to get fewer ads

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:09 - Sep 26 with 1190 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Nice ball in from Smith there

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:10 - Sep 26 with 1187 viewsAndyCole

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:07 - Sep 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Should have been a hatrick for GW there

and even a quadtrick

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:11 - Sep 26 with 1175 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Typical Cooper. MGW off for the defensive Fulton. Batten down the hatches!

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:15 - Sep 26 with 1156 viewsNeath_Jack

He waits too long to change things up, then when he eventually brings subs on they are uninspiring. Cullen should have had at least half hour.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:20 - Sep 26 with 1126 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:15 - Sep 26 by Neath_Jack

He waits too long to change things up, then when he eventually brings subs on they are uninspiring. Cullen should have had at least half hour.

Agreed. But why MGW? Surely Grimes and Smith were worthier candidates for the crook?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:22 - Sep 26 with 1121 viewsAndyCole

Lovely link-up play from Fulton with Ayew and Cullen

The underrated Fulton adds another dimension going forward

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:23 - Sep 26 with 1116 viewsBrynmill_Jack

A good win but we really need a killer instinct. Goals may play a big part in the final day shake up - we should know that more than anyone

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:23 - Sep 26 with 1113 viewsAndyCole

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:20 - Sep 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Agreed. But why MGW? Surely Grimes and Smith were worthier candidates for the crook?

Because he's the best like-for-like in that space, to push forward. And it worked

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:25 - Sep 26 with 1107 viewsjasper_T

Does Cooper not get bored watching us limp through second halves until his 80 minute alarm clock goes off? Or is it a power play trying to convince the owners he needs money to spend on his bench?
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:28 - Sep 26 with 1086 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:23 - Sep 26 by AndyCole

Because he's the best like-for-like in that space, to push forward. And it worked

That's not the question I asked. Why MGW when he was by far our most influential player? Didn't look that tired.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:30 - Sep 26 with 1082 viewsAndyCole

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:25 - Sep 26 by jasper_T

Does Cooper not get bored watching us limp through second halves until his 80 minute alarm clock goes off? Or is it a power play trying to convince the owners he needs money to spend on his bench?

Combination of the two, plus wanting to preserve the formation until he felt MGW was tiring after such an excellent outing.

You are clearly a football man. Hearing your thoughts on tactical changes and subs as the match unfolds would be insightful, and educational

Liking the power play tac

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:30 - Sep 26 with 1082 viewsBadlands

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:20 - Sep 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Wickham were getting some profit from high balls and Fulton offers more in the air.
And it could've been because Gibbs-White was truly awful in the second half.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:32 - Sep 26 with 1081 viewsNeath_Jack

Agree, Smith would have gone for me.

I've got no confidence in Cooper being able to change things in-game at all.

We were on fire first half, Wycombe changed things half time, and we just go along with it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:32 - Sep 26 with 1079 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:30 - Sep 26 by Badlands

Wickham were getting some profit from high balls and Fulton offers more in the air.

Connor?

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:33 - Sep 26 with 1073 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:30 - Sep 26 by Badlands

Well his first half performance alone must have earned him MOTM

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:42 - Sep 26 with 1054 viewsAndyCole

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:28 - Sep 26 by Brynmill_Jack

That's not the question I asked. Why MGW when he was by far our most influential player? Didn't look that tired.

He was in the first half, but not the second half. Hence being subbed. And Fulton like for like.

I was a bit surprised he dropped off, as his engine had been superb in our first game.

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:48 - Sep 26 with 1037 viewsjasper_T

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 14:42 - Sep 26 by AndyCole

He was in the first half, but not the second half. Hence being subbed. And Fulton like for like.

I was a bit surprised he dropped off, as his engine had been superb in our first game.

Most of the team started to run out of ideas from 55 onwards. Less movement and interplay. Passing got sloppy. That's when you want to bring someone on eager to get on the ball and impress, to pick the rest of the team up and start playing again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024