Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. 23:36 - Sep 22 with 7840 viewsNotLoyal

WYCOMBE WANDERERS V SWANSEA CITY
ADAMS PARK, HIGH WYCOMBE
SATURDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2020
KICK OFF 12.30PM
SKY SPORTS LIVE

REFEREE : A bloke called Geoff.

This is Geoff, he is from County Durham and is quite an ugly man.

This is Gareth Ainsworth coming off stage at Reading last year
This is Steve Cooper, unrivalled in the facial stakes. He is non negotiable.

History. The name Wycombe appears to come from the river Wye and the old English word for a wooded valley, combe, but... Modern-day High Wycombe. High Wycombe comprises a number of suburbs including Booker, Bowerdean, Castlefield, Cressex,... Demography. High Wycombe's population figure differs with the varying definitions of the town's area

Already you can see the whole area is a confusion of words, in the above passage the author clearly wrote all the words they know but in no particular order. The town itself is described by its locals as a chav town, my understanding of this term is - generic dressed young people who don't wash, talk like they are from Jamaica or Barnsley and eat chips and sewerage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fat bloke James Corden supports local side West Ham, Corden was raised in Wycombe but born in Hillingdon which was at the time the closest hospital for fat babies. Corden is married to Julian Clarey and they have numerous children.
Other famous people from Wycombe are Terry Pratchet, the drummer from Pentangle, Ian Dury and Matt Dawson the oblong chasing cooking bloke who has been booted off a question of sport.

Memories from 26 years ago are rekindled as Swansea City beat Wycombe over two legs in the 1994 Autoglass semi finals. Here we see Swansea Independent columnist Roger Freestone lifting the trophy at that Wembley. Swansea City are the only team to win a trophy at the old Wembley, the new Wembley and at Leckwith when the FA played their major finals there. Swansea are good at winning. Well done.
**As a footnote you will see some local MP in the background, he supports whatever team he wants to so as to improve his overall cock rating with whichever constituency he represents"" I think it's Michael Howard MP who along with Leon Briton MP went on to play for Swansea City **

And now for some football
Swansea have won 6 of their games against Wycombe. Wycombe have also won 6, with 2 being a draw.

Did you know?
Swansea and Wycombe have met in the Autoglass Trophy, LDV Vans Trophy, Auto windscreens Trophy and the Johnstone Paints Trophy. It is genuinely possible had Swansea not become Wales greatest ever football side winning a major trophy and going on a European journey with internationals in World Cup Finals playing for six of the top ten countries in the world they would have also met in the Checkatrade Trophy as well. But Swansea at the time were shit hot. Wycombe were not..

The Wycombe Wanderers squad is now somewhat depleted since their return to action this season. During lockdown they took the opportunity to grow old and eat Mars bars. The game is LIVE on SKY and Wycombe Wanderers should be ashamed of themselves.

MORE TO FOLLOW.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2020 11:48]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:56 - Sep 27 with 547 viewsNotLoyal

The Independent official Wycombe v Swansea City MATCHDAY Thread. on 16:04 - Sep 27 by jasper_T

Has had some serious injuries. Played for Aberystwyth Town when he was 15/16 before we brought him in. For Wycombe last season he was just energy; pressing and harrying and holding the ball up as part of their anti-football approach, and did well at it especially in their playoff success.

One of that early batch of academy products to come through who didn't have the whole package to be proper players for us but are doing well for themselves making a career in football rather t than dropping to amateur/semi-pro stuff.

Not settling for port talbot with weekends off at Tesco’s, fair play to him.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024