Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City 08:58 - Dec 22 with 8995 viewsPhil_S

A rare visitor from South Wales here - breaking Welsh lockdown rules and in West London for the moment.

As part of our coverage of Saturday's game then we have a extensive build up ahead of the game which you may want to check out at the link below - interesting this morning to see that someone has updated Warburton's wikipedia to say that he will be sacked - based on what I was reading earlier not sure there will be any tears shed from your end.

Anyway - check out the coverage below

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2496

And if you are interested then by all means follow us on Twitter @swansnews

Swansea City on 13:17 - Dec 23 with 1908 viewsPhil_S

Swansea City on 12:42 - Dec 23 by timcocking

My mate's Dad was the Swansea...was it Chairman or Manager? Can't remember. Griffiths. Swansea family. Suppose it shows how quickly things have changed. Seems unlikely nowadays my mate's Dad would be the Swansea manager. Or Chairman.

Could be Harry Griffiths he was Swans manager in the 70s just before Toshack.

Unfortunately died of a heart attack in the changing rooms at the Vetch before our glory years really started but laid many of the foundations of the time

The bar at the Vetch was named after him and he was one of the first inductees on our wall of fame
Swansea City on 17:08 - Dec 23 with 1813 viewsManinBlack

Swansea City on 10:09 - Dec 23 by Phil_S

Cheers all for the comments and I atually add that this is a quality website - Planet Swans was a part of fansnetwork for many years and I often read Clive's words largely as I wonder where he finds the time to write them but because they always read well.

I think the best way to describe us right now is "relentlessly functional" - we are not pleasing on the eye or pinging the ball around like a modern day Welsh version of Barcelona, we just play it tight, score a goal here and there and win games. I think it is one of the benefits of no fans, is you can watch on your TV, stand up, make a cuppa and grab a biscuit, visit the toilet (number 1 or 2 makes no difference) and come back into the room reasonably safe in the knowledge you won't have missed much.

Do keep checking back on the thread, we keep adding stuff to it as the week goes on, some of it is interesting, some less so but its all subjective 😂

Sorry to those of you deported 😁 we've had prohibition now for a few weeks anyway its only a matter of time before Drakeford sinks the severn bridge not realising there are endless back roads into Wales anyway. Odd times

Anyway, today's feature - I won't keep spamming the board but great to be made so welcome

https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2496&p=32616#p32

Don't worry Phil I will be back when I am no longer considered an English disease. I have always found South Wales welcoming. Also the staff that work on Welsh railways are so cheerful and friendly compared to what I am used to locally.

After Boxing Day, I wish you and Swansea good luck for the rest of the season.
Swansea City on 14:03 - Dec 27 with 1657 viewsPhil_S

Well that was a strange one yesterday.

It's rare for us to have so much possession against us but at the same time not sure our goalkeeper will ever have an easier afternoon. We have lost many games like that in the past two years so can certainly understand how you feel - it was one of those days for certain that we could have gone home on 60 minutes and not sure it would have impacted the result (I mean that with no disrespect, we had a similar one at Derby a few weeks back when we could still be playing now with nil next to our name)

It's difficult to see Warburton surviving this for you - it looks like one of those classics that nothing will change unless you make the change. It's strange as I thought he was a decent manager but then you read about him and he had fallings out at Watford, Brentford and Rangers before you, maybe he is just one of those managers who believes his stock is substantially higher than it really is. For Mark Warburton read Garry Monk...

Cheers again for all the comments about the preview/thread (it's just about all completed now with the post match videos and watchalongs - https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2496) and good luck for the remainder of the season.
Swansea City on 14:05 - Dec 27 with 1640 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We could have played till New Years Day and not scored.

What’s Paul Clement like?
Swansea City on 16:36 - Dec 27 with 1493 viewsDixie_CT

Swansea City on 14:03 - Dec 27 by Phil_S

Well that was a strange one yesterday.

It's rare for us to have so much possession against us but at the same time not sure our goalkeeper will ever have an easier afternoon. We have lost many games like that in the past two years so can certainly understand how you feel - it was one of those days for certain that we could have gone home on 60 minutes and not sure it would have impacted the result (I mean that with no disrespect, we had a similar one at Derby a few weeks back when we could still be playing now with nil next to our name)

It's difficult to see Warburton surviving this for you - it looks like one of those classics that nothing will change unless you make the change. It's strange as I thought he was a decent manager but then you read about him and he had fallings out at Watford, Brentford and Rangers before you, maybe he is just one of those managers who believes his stock is substantially higher than it really is. For Mark Warburton read Garry Monk...

Cheers again for all the comments about the preview/thread (it's just about all completed now with the post match videos and watchalongs - https://www.planetswans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2496) and good luck for the remainder of the season.

Warburton doesn't come across as someone who is doubting his own abilities. I don't think the stint at Glasgow Rangers did him any favours as he genuinely belives he was at a massive club and cracked it by winning the equalivent of League One with Man City and the LDV Cup!

Hopefully the result is enough to ring his neck as the longer he is swanning around, the more likely we are to go down.

Good luck with it, always admired how you have stuck to the Swansea style and have brought in managers and players to fit it rather than creating a patchwork quilt like we have so often done.
Swansea City on 21:29 - Dec 27 with 1328 viewsPhil_S

Swansea City on 14:05 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ah yes Paul Clement. Put it this way I wouldn't see him as an upgrade on Warburton, think that is as constructive as I get.

Very negative manager, brilliant number 2 I have no doubt but as a number 1, no thanks
Swansea City on 00:07 - Dec 28 with 1216 viewsFredManRave

Swansea City on 14:05 - Dec 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

Tone's "Dream manager" allegedly!

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Swansea City on 05:17 - Dec 28 with 1153 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Swansea City on 00:07 - Dec 28 by FredManRave

Tone's "Dream manager" allegedly!

Based on FA evidence, I have a feeling this is who our next manager will be or someone like him. His stock is significantly lower than what it was when he turned us down the first time.

I am also saying, with 100% certainty, that he or someone like him will be sacked within a year to 18 months.

Happy to have this post dug up and thrown in my face in 5 years.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 6:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024