Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we 3rd from top or bottom 11:18 - Mar 11 with 3617 viewsthornabyswan

Just been reading through this forum and you would swear we are in a relegation battle.
Admittedly only a few but they do seem to have taken over the site.

Keith if we do get promoted are you doing another book really enjoyed Walking through sunshine.
What will you call this one.

Moaning our way to promotion or promoted in spite of Cooper in recognition of our most negative fans efforts of spurring the team along.

[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 11:20]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 11:24 - Mar 11 with 2920 viewsBadlands

Much depends if you like watching football or a table.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 11:44 - Mar 11 with 2900 viewsonehunglow

I started a Praise thread purely for the happy harrys on here.

It s a thread you can append all the possible,lovely,kind and utterly disingenuous drivel you like ,to impress your readers.

Nobody is enjoying WATCHING us right now.

That should be self-evident.

And no,us negative ,moaning ,entitled excuses for fans do not want us to lose,as you suggest. It is becaue we love this great club of ours that we want the best possible .

Our standards have been lowered and it is very obviously so.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 11:54 - Mar 11 with 2893 views1983

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 11:24 - Mar 11 by Badlands

Or if you love your club or not

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 11:55 - Mar 11 with 2893 viewsswancity

I enjoy looking at the table to see our team in 3rd place in this most competitive league

I also enjoy watching our team winning football matches

I also enjoy seeing our team keep clean sheets

I also enjoy watching our team beat the best teams in this league eg Norwich

I also enjoy watching our team of loan signings, free transfers and a group put together by our manager and recruitment team doing so well

I don’t enjoy reading constant negative crap about our team from one or two people. Yes thankfully it’s just one or two.

We aren’t playing too much “ flowing football “ I’d accept that. But it’s a results business and if you can’t get excited watching your team win then may be its best to do something else with your time like knitting

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 12:06 - Mar 11 with 2878 viewsvetchonian

That is a fair point.....question is what do our owners want and they are the ones who call the tune to Cooper!

I beleive Cooper has been told to get us promoted to do so requires results he has developed a not lose strategy even when we are in front...perhaps sitting back on the lead. Despite what is said about him watch the highlights and if possible the whole of games again and you will see that we do try to play "football" but sometimes we revert to hoofball or percentage football. Stoke's goal came from us attempting to play the ball out from the back ..possesion football, Guehi's first instinct was not to hoof it up field but to pass to a team mate.. we know what happened next.
So much is and has been written about Cooper being a fraud/ clown and lucky yet last season he got us to the play offs, this season we are in reach of the automatics....yes we have recently had a wobble or two,,,,had the run of the green for a change with penalties...tell me was Pep lucky to have beaten us with an offside goal and dodgy penalty?
Our eqauliser at Stoke was in the style of the "total" football many in here keep talking about that Cooper has stopped us playing the Bristol City game saw lots of that but we failed to convert the chances we created

We all want so watch entertaining attractive football BUT football is a results game....we played football against Bristol but lost, we played football against Cardiff and Norwich but won.
I understand why so many complain but quite often the moans come without actually looking at what is going on and again we all have an opinion.
Personally I think that Cooper would want us to play "total" football but recognises to keep his bosses happy he needs results and so at times that demands "percentage" football reverting as we have seen of late "Pullis" ball but mixed with possesion passing flowing football when we can. He understands the limitations of his squad. So he "stumbled" upon the 3-5-2 and in that as others have said Guehi thrives more so than in a flat back 4...so actually what he has done is try to utilise his resources to thier max in that situation. But again its one persons opinion against another. What I do know he is a "qualified" football manager whilst I am just a fan with many years of experience of watching the game,and what I dont see is what happens on the training ground ,or see the information from his team of analysts and medical folk which all contributes to his decisions on selection and tactics.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 12:42 - Mar 11 with 2856 viewsonehunglow

The only table that matter is that which ends the season.

I don’t enjoy our last in the prem ,come to think of it.

We looked safe,then what happened cut us to the core.

Where we are now means nothing at all.

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 13:23 - Mar 11 with 2835 viewsKeithHaynes

To the op, the follow up I thought encapsulated the first season in the premier league. Both were ( for me ) very successful books, reprinted nine times for both. But will I do another ? 😂 I’m not allowed to swear on this site.

But it could be called ‘ Imagine how Sunderland fans feel’

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 13:42 - Mar 11 with 2815 viewsthornabyswan

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 13:23 - Mar 11 by KeithHaynes

To the op, the follow up I thought encapsulated the first season in the premier league. Both were ( for me ) very successful books, reprinted nine times for both. But will I do another ? 😂 I’m not allowed to swear on this site.

But it could be called ‘ Imagine how Sunderland fans feel’

Sunderland till I die now that's a good footy documentary count our blessings eh.

Anyway got a good collection of Swans books and can honestly say walking on Sunshine is up there with the best neck and neck with David Farmers 1912 to 1982.

Promotion or not be great if you did another one mate
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 13:44]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 13:55 - Mar 11 with 2787 viewsKeithHaynes

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 13:42 - Mar 11 by thornabyswan

Sunderland till I die now that's a good footy documentary count our blessings eh.

Anyway got a good collection of Swans books and can honestly say walking on Sunshine is up there with the best neck and neck with David Farmers 1912 to 1982.

Promotion or not be great if you did another one mate
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 13:44]

Time is the real reason.
I’ve been asked loads by people over the last few months about how to get other books and if another one is on the way.

Here’s the follow up on paperback
Shine On Swansea City: 2011/12 A Season in the Sun
by BOOKS_EXPRESS_MEDIA_SERVICES
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/075248625X/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GY2RE3231MERRTWGM0BP

There’s a digital book too, somewhere 😂

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 13:58 - Mar 11 with 2780 viewsKeithHaynes

Here’s both, paperback and kindle.
by Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B9BL7R4/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_5NMMM9YMDXRN3C01KDR2

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 14:23 - Mar 11 with 2757 viewsBadlands

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 11:55 - Mar 11 by swancity

I enjoy looking at the table to see our team in 3rd place in this most competitive league

I also enjoy watching our team winning football matches

I also enjoy seeing our team keep clean sheets

I also enjoy watching our team beat the best teams in this league eg Norwich

I also enjoy watching our team of loan signings, free transfers and a group put together by our manager and recruitment team doing so well

I don’t enjoy reading constant negative crap about our team from one or two people. Yes thankfully it’s just one or two.

We aren’t playing too much “ flowing football “ I’d accept that. But it’s a results business and if you can’t get excited watching your team win then may be its best to do something else with your time like knitting

We aren’t playing too much “ flowing football “ 😂😂😂😂😂 Any 'flowing football'

It is possible to win and play a brand of football that isn't sphincter clinchingly awful.
Cooper really hasn't got it in him to produce a style akin to Robert, Sousa, Rogers, Laudrup or Guidolin but it doesn't have to be as dire as we are getting.
As for table position and winning against the best team In the league, that is the same view as beating the likes Man United, Liverpool and Leeds ... great but when we then lost to other relegation zone teams the big wins were pretty meaningless unless you think of us as little old Swansea.
I would happily swap a loss to Norwich over wins against Blackburn, Huddersfield and Bristol City.

With the talent in our squad we should be with Norwich not picking up lucky points in dogfights with relegation candidates.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 15:20 - Mar 11 with 2730 viewsvetchonian

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 14:23 - Mar 11 by Badlands

We aren’t playing too much “ flowing football “ 😂😂😂😂😂 Any 'flowing football'

It is possible to win and play a brand of football that isn't sphincter clinchingly awful.
Cooper really hasn't got it in him to produce a style akin to Robert, Sousa, Rogers, Laudrup or Guidolin but it doesn't have to be as dire as we are getting.
As for table position and winning against the best team In the league, that is the same view as beating the likes Man United, Liverpool and Leeds ... great but when we then lost to other relegation zone teams the big wins were pretty meaningless unless you think of us as little old Swansea.
I would happily swap a loss to Norwich over wins against Blackburn, Huddersfield and Bristol City.

With the talent in our squad we should be with Norwich not picking up lucky points in dogfights with relegation candidates.

But we did play flowing football against Bristol created lots of chances only we couldnt convert those to goals....this was one game where the result doesnt reflect the performance.

Gifted Bristol 2 goals....otherwise we were the better side I know i ve watched the game over a few times.

Huddersfield is no excuse,Blackburn we got a point we didnt lose but we could/should have beaten them.

Much discussion of late but my opinion Houihane has been more of a problem than an asset. Whilst most of us initially thought he was the missing piece of the jigsaw he has proved asn inssue and has unsettled our previoulsy "balanced " midfield.

As i say it would do some folks to rewatch highlights or full games if possible there you will see flashes and more of "flowing" attacking football using the ball on floor with passing and individual runs the issue is we struggle to finish and convert those moves to goals.

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 16:26 - Mar 11 with 2693 viewsbuilthjack

Our backs are doing a good job defending. But pumping it high into the sky isnt good.
Forwards not doing a lot lately.
Midfield - We cant pass the ball. Whats gone wrong?
Goalie - needs to learn the word composure, or practice his passing, left and right foot.
Its hard to watch. But i do.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 16:43 - Mar 11 with 2682 views9MilesHigh

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 15:20 - Mar 11 by vetchonian

But we did play flowing football against Bristol created lots of chances only we couldnt convert those to goals....this was one game where the result doesnt reflect the performance.

Gifted Bristol 2 goals....otherwise we were the better side I know i ve watched the game over a few times.

Huddersfield is no excuse,Blackburn we got a point we didnt lose but we could/should have beaten them.

Much discussion of late but my opinion Houihane has been more of a problem than an asset. Whilst most of us initially thought he was the missing piece of the jigsaw he has proved asn inssue and has unsettled our previoulsy "balanced " midfield.

As i say it would do some folks to rewatch highlights or full games if possible there you will see flashes and more of "flowing" attacking football using the ball on floor with passing and individual runs the issue is we struggle to finish and convert those moves to goals.

We were the better side first half, no one on earth could argue that.

Although, I have a very good Bristol City supporting mate and he warned me all week how utterly crap they were, told me to watch out for the left back and all.

And that proved to be the case. Although, they did change it in the second half and took that young left back off in what was Pearson's first game in charge.

The second half we weren't the better side. Not even up until the penalty.

We allowed a god awful Bristol City side to out think us, out tactic us and get some kind of foothold in a game they should have been dead and buried in.

That was as bad as it's been mate. It's not even the nature of their goals although the corner wasn't a fluke, they'd been training those balls into the box in the days before.

Sitting back and trying to hold onto shitty one nil leads was and always will be a big mistake

Other fans are calling us a shithouse team. That's because we have a shithouse manager.
Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 16:55 - Mar 11 with 2678 viewsvetchonian

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 16:43 - Mar 11 by 9MilesHigh

We were the better side first half, no one on earth could argue that.

Although, I have a very good Bristol City supporting mate and he warned me all week how utterly crap they were, told me to watch out for the left back and all.

And that proved to be the case. Although, they did change it in the second half and took that young left back off in what was Pearson's first game in charge.

The second half we weren't the better side. Not even up until the penalty.

We allowed a god awful Bristol City side to out think us, out tactic us and get some kind of foothold in a game they should have been dead and buried in.

That was as bad as it's been mate. It's not even the nature of their goals although the corner wasn't a fluke, they'd been training those balls into the box in the days before.

Sitting back and trying to hold onto shitty one nil leads was and always will be a big mistake

Other fans are calling us a shithouse team. That's because we have a shithouse manager.

YOu need to watch the game again...second half though we were not as on top as we were in the first half...Bristol were not in control ....and we gifted them 2 goals....

Grimes slowed the game down when we wnet 1 up then we went out to attack looking for the winner,then the equaliser whrn 1-2 down...before Freddy gifted them the third.

We created opportunities to score Arriola blasting a shot over the bar for example.
YOu like many others have been fooled by the score line...we were not outthought second half...but we were not as dominant as we were first half....go an d watch the game again

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 17:21 - Mar 11 with 2674 views9MilesHigh

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 16:55 - Mar 11 by vetchonian

YOu need to watch the game again...second half though we were not as on top as we were in the first half...Bristol were not in control ....and we gifted them 2 goals....

Grimes slowed the game down when we wnet 1 up then we went out to attack looking for the winner,then the equaliser whrn 1-2 down...before Freddy gifted them the third.

We created opportunities to score Arriola blasting a shot over the bar for example.
YOu like many others have been fooled by the score line...we were not outthought second half...but we were not as dominant as we were first half....go an d watch the game again

Yeah we had a chance here and there but the writing was on the wall from minute 46.

I don't need to watch the game back even if I could. I remember it well. My Bristol mate does as well who also thought they were the better side second half. In fact, the 2 halves were as contrasting as they come.

And Matty slowed the game down? Dear me... Without him this team wouldn't play any football at all.

No one player slows the game down. What actually happens is we don't look to get on the ball so much, we concede more and more possession and defend our positions, seemingly confident on our ability to defend well. We don't commit players in more advanced areas so poor Matty has nobody to hit.

And that is another massive failing of Cooper, watching Matty look up to see where his colleagues are...

Smith and Jay wide apart, Lowe and Ayew isolated and dis-connected. So we go back to the full backs or Guehi and they launch it down the channels.

It's crap.
Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 17:38 - Mar 11 with 2660 viewsSwans9

I hope Cooper and Woodman didn't read this site very demotivating. We haven't been this high in a long time. Perhaps people hammering them could do better.
Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 17:43 - Mar 11 with 2657 viewspencoedjack

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 13:55 - Mar 11 by KeithHaynes

Time is the real reason.
I’ve been asked loads by people over the last few months about how to get other books and if another one is on the way.

Here’s the follow up on paperback
by BOOKS_EXPRESS_MEDIA_SERVICES
Learn more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/075248625X/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_GY2RE3231MERRTWGM0BP

There’s a digital book too, somewhere 😂

Read them all & thoroughly enjoyed them 👍
Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 18:03 - Mar 11 with 2649 viewsonehunglow

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 17:38 - Mar 11 by Swans9

I hope Cooper and Woodman didn't read this site very demotivating. We haven't been this high in a long time. Perhaps people hammering them could do better.

More chance of you dining with a Harry and Meghan

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 18:55 - Mar 11 with 2626 viewsshingle

We are in a great position how we are in a great position is another matter, just happens everything is going our way and we are riding our luck, long may it continue but you get the feeling the luck will turn sooner or later.
Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 18:58 - Mar 11 with 2625 viewsvetchonian

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 17:21 - Mar 11 by 9MilesHigh

Yeah we had a chance here and there but the writing was on the wall from minute 46.

I don't need to watch the game back even if I could. I remember it well. My Bristol mate does as well who also thought they were the better side second half. In fact, the 2 halves were as contrasting as they come.

And Matty slowed the game down? Dear me... Without him this team wouldn't play any football at all.

No one player slows the game down. What actually happens is we don't look to get on the ball so much, we concede more and more possession and defend our positions, seemingly confident on our ability to defend well. We don't commit players in more advanced areas so poor Matty has nobody to hit.

And that is another massive failing of Cooper, watching Matty look up to see where his colleagues are...

Smith and Jay wide apart, Lowe and Ayew isolated and dis-connected. So we go back to the full backs or Guehi and they launch it down the channels.

It's crap.

iv just watched the second half again and suggest you do uts available on Robins tv...Bristol kick off they gave the ball for less than 40seconds we luanch an attack from a goal kick taken short....Bristol dont have much of the ball untill around 60 mins in by which time we are 1 up...up until then most if the game is played in the Britol galf...then Bristol have a steong 5 minute spell we get tge ball back then gift them a goal..so how you can say the writing was on the wall from 46 mins just shows how yiur memory of the game is wrong.
i am notsaying im happy with our recent play or what is happening but it id not the same as you or many portray things.....the evidence is there go see

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 19:13 - Mar 11 with 2616 viewsFlashberryjack

If a neutral was watching the swans recently, he'd definitely think we were a 3rd from bottom team.

I'm hoping for an upturn in our performance at Luton, but I won't be holding my breath (not unless we're actually 1 nil up in the 80th min)

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 19:33 - Mar 11 with 2602 viewsvetchonian

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 19:13 - Mar 11 by Flashberryjack

If a neutral was watching the swans recently, he'd definitely think we were a 3rd from bottom team.

I'm hoping for an upturn in our performance at Luton, but I won't be holding my breath (not unless we're actually 1 nil up in the 80th min)

not wrong there just as if Brentford had been watched duringbthis slump.

We are off the pace but for me some of the stuff being written on here is way off the mark ...we all have different opinions i know but at times some ofcwgat is written is vased on fantasy

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 19:36 - Mar 11 with 2597 viewsCatullus

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 11:54 - Mar 11 by 1983

Or if you love your club or not

So if you love your club you are not allowed to speak the truth?

If you love your club you should only ever say nice things?

Are you saying that? If you are it's nonsense. Even Cooper said we were poor, the manager can say it but we aren't allowed? Have a word with yourself mun.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 19:46 - Mar 11 with 2588 viewsCatullus

Are we 3rd from top or bottom on 16:55 - Mar 11 by vetchonian

Holding the Bristol game up as some kind of example is flawed thinking to me. We were the better team by far, we should have mullered them yet we lost, that should ring more alarm bells than losing to Huddersfield did, we were crap aginst the Terriers and desrved to lose, Bristol though, how the heck did we throw that away?

We played more good football in one half than we have in all the games since. Woodmans mistakes aginst Bristol were not just one off either.

We all know we can be so much better so what is wrong? If we're not allowed to discuss that honestly we may as well not bother at all.

Cancel culture is everywhere.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024