Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. 18:59 - Jun 26 with 3617 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Numerous senior players have declined considerably and will be soon retired or are already gone.

Those coming through to replace them are much less talented.

Wales will likely have a small group of players who make the bench or start for mid table and bottom-half Premier League teams (Ward, James and Roberts), however the vast majority will do well to spend their careers playing in England's second tier, with brief spells in the Premier League upon promotion etc.

It is a shame so little was achieved by this generation of supremely talented Welsh footballers. Not even a single World Cup finals appearance.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 13:30 - Jun 27 with 804 viewsjasper_T

Bale playing 4x90 in 14 days is very different to what he was doing at Spurs as well.
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 14:08 - Jun 27 with 773 viewsonehunglow

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 11:26 - Jun 27 by Dr_Parnassus

11 goals in 20 Premier League appearances (923 minutes) for Spurs is very good.

That's a goal every 83 mins (pretty sure that was the best record in the whole league).

Kane scored 1 every 134 mins for reference, Son was 1 every 183 mins.

Bale is far from done if he doesn't want to be, clubs just need to adapt his role slightly and be more like a Berbatov.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2021 11:32]

Bale was utterly ineffective

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 14:37 - Jun 27 with 770 viewsReslovenSwan1

The careers of Neco, Wilson, Roberts C, Roberts T, Brooks, Ampadu, James, Rodon should all be as developing Premier leagues players over the next 3 or 4 season, all currently approaching their prime. That is 8 PL players, pretty much more than ever before. The tournament will have done them no harm. Two were sent off and another made a huge ricket. Being Welsh we still love him.

Other players with Wales PL potential in the squad are Mepham and Ward. There is then some championship players that are quite not upto to that level who might be signed by Burnley. Moore, Lawrence T, Lawrence J, Vaulks older and Matondo, Morrell. Lockyear who are lower to mid twenties.

Players with potentially stellar careers for Wales are few and far between and may of course fade. Levitt and Colwill. Levitt as a smooth sliky passer could be just what the doctor ordered.

I always believe Swansea can produce good international players in the next 3-4 years. Brandon and Olie Cooper perhaps. Webb maybe. Rushesha if he puts his career ahead of his heritage. There will always be some Anglos coming out of the woodwork who kick on. Hesketh at Wolves , Niail Huggins at Leeds, a few lads at Stoke. Beck and Hill at Liverpool.

Then there is the lower league battlers who will most probably never make the grade. Maybe one or two of them will get picked up Regan Poole, Tommy Taylor, Luke Jephcott, Sass Davies.

Then there are the players that are either 'late developers' or 'never will developers' who have talent but lack application. Nathan Broadhead and Ben Woodburn. Mark Hughes only really delivered after his 21st birthday. Walas could do with these guys starting to deliver next season.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 15:16 - Jun 27 with 759 viewsKilkennyjack

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 14:37 - Jun 27 by ReslovenSwan1

The careers of Neco, Wilson, Roberts C, Roberts T, Brooks, Ampadu, James, Rodon should all be as developing Premier leagues players over the next 3 or 4 season, all currently approaching their prime. That is 8 PL players, pretty much more than ever before. The tournament will have done them no harm. Two were sent off and another made a huge ricket. Being Welsh we still love him.

Other players with Wales PL potential in the squad are Mepham and Ward. There is then some championship players that are quite not upto to that level who might be signed by Burnley. Moore, Lawrence T, Lawrence J, Vaulks older and Matondo, Morrell. Lockyear who are lower to mid twenties.

Players with potentially stellar careers for Wales are few and far between and may of course fade. Levitt and Colwill. Levitt as a smooth sliky passer could be just what the doctor ordered.

I always believe Swansea can produce good international players in the next 3-4 years. Brandon and Olie Cooper perhaps. Webb maybe. Rushesha if he puts his career ahead of his heritage. There will always be some Anglos coming out of the woodwork who kick on. Hesketh at Wolves , Niail Huggins at Leeds, a few lads at Stoke. Beck and Hill at Liverpool.

Then there is the lower league battlers who will most probably never make the grade. Maybe one or two of them will get picked up Regan Poole, Tommy Taylor, Luke Jephcott, Sass Davies.

Then there are the players that are either 'late developers' or 'never will developers' who have talent but lack application. Nathan Broadhead and Ben Woodburn. Mark Hughes only really delivered after his 21st birthday. Walas could do with these guys starting to deliver next season.

Good post - thanks for posting it.

Beware of the Risen People

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 15:23 - Jun 27 with 753 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s a good discussion point by the OP, as can be seen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 17:36 - Jun 27 with 712 viewsjasper_T

Regan Poole got to the League One playoffs this season after joining Lincoln, which is better than Chris Gunter managed. Regular centre half in the age groups but has had to convert to right back in senior football. Lacks height but we've played shorter ones.

Nathan Broadhead's new contract at Everton is strange given his age - a full year older than Cullen who's no teenage sensation. Needs a loan, one of those stuck in-between last season like some of ours. He's quite a blinkered, head down player, but has ability and pace.

Josh Sheehan in League One next season with Bolton. Still has time.

Leicester have been collecting promising young Welsh-qualified players recently. Iestyn Hughes, big Will Russ. Oli Ewing looks a gem. Chris Popov joining them as a scholar. Joe Adams of Brentford B and Sam Pearson at Bristol City are good attacking players who could crack on.
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:04 - Jun 27 with 674 viewsjack247

How are we defining bleak?

Prior to 2016, England had won a World Cup since we last qualified for anything. If we’re talking not reaching the semi final again, I’d certainly agree. If we’re comparing our future to what we’ve been used to, I’d say it looks pretty bright.
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:16 - Jun 27 with 658 viewsbennytheblue

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 10:49 - Jun 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Bales move to Madrid has effectively ended his career. He’s lost pace and desire. He tried hard at times yesterday but unfortunately not enough.

Ramsey looked like another version of Hourihane yesterday. He may as well have not been on the pitch. A so called world class player who hides when the going gets tough. Needs to be binned.

I don’t get Ramsey, poor v the Swiss, amazing v Turkey then a shocker v Denmark. I wasn’t even sure he was in the pitch half the time he was so anonymous. How does he manage this?
Login to get fewer ads

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 08:17 - Jun 28 with 609 views34dfgdf54

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:16 - Jun 27 by bennytheblue

I don’t get Ramsey, poor v the Swiss, amazing v Turkey then a shocker v Denmark. I wasn’t even sure he was in the pitch half the time he was so anonymous. How does he manage this?

Ramsey is ridiculous. What we saw Saturday is exactly why he isn't a regular at Juventus.

One of the best there is one week, absolutely woeful the next. As I said before though, no one took into account how poor Turkey were going to be, there was no way Hojbjerg was going to allow Ramsey the space he was allowed in that game.
The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 08:46 - Jun 28 with 597 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The next decade for Welsh football looks extremely bleak. on 22:16 - Jun 27 by bennytheblue

He just lacks the ability or the will to stamp his authority on a game. A pity because when he wants to he can be excellent. Too many anonymous games for Wales though unfortunately . Allen should never have been in the squad either - another one living of reputation.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024