Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over 100 people in the ground today 10:59 - Sep 11 with 23978 viewsbuilthjack

- will be carrying Covid.
It could be the person next to you.
Frightening. Perhaps wear a mask folks. Take hand gel.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2021 10:59]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 21:44 - Oct 3 with 1068 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 21:37 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Well done you!

So why not blanket antibody tests then? Or don’t they mean anything?

I don't see what benefit they'd be?

We know how many people have been vaccinated and have an idea how many people have caught covid and we know who they are, also antibodies don't last much more than a few months.

The ONS already do a similar survey too.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 00:01 - Oct 4 with 1048 viewsDJack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:50 - Oct 3 by Brynmill_Jack

It turns out the company hired to “moderate” Facebook for anti vaccine conspiracy theories is a major shareholder of “vaccine manufacturers”Johnson and Johnson. So no conflict of interest there then.

Erm... citation needed or I call bullshit.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:13 - Oct 4 with 1013 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 21:44 - Oct 3 by Scotia

We know how many people have been vaccinated and have an idea how many people have caught covid and we know who they are, also antibodies don't last much more than a few months.

Is it a fact that naturally acquired immunity (gained from having the virus at a point in the past) doesn’t last as long as the vaccine acquired immunity??

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:08 - Oct 4 with 1008 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:13 - Oct 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Is it a fact that naturally acquired immunity (gained from having the virus at a point in the past) doesn’t last as long as the vaccine acquired immunity??

No. As far as I'm aware it's hugely variable depending on how ill you've been or what vaccine you've had and how long ago you were vaccinated or infected.

Also an antibody test only detects antibodies and not other parts of your immune response.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:06 - Oct 4 with 981 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:08 - Oct 4 by Scotia

No. As far as I'm aware it's hugely variable depending on how ill you've been or what vaccine you've had and how long ago you were vaccinated or infected.

Also an antibody test only detects antibodies and not other parts of your immune response.

Thanks for the response. So the vaccine efficacy - how is that measured with regards immunity (and I don’t mean stats over reinfections). Is there another way of measuring both immunised and non immunised persons - a test that best states immune response in unvaccinated (but with an immune response due to actually having contracted COVID) or the vaccinated?

Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:55 - Oct 4 with 950 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 20:21 - Oct 3 by Scotia

I can spot a stupid conspiracy theory a mile off and I don't have shares in any pharmaceutical company that I'm aware of. I just want life to get back to normal, and these nutjobs are making that less likely.

Don't forget J&J are a massive company, they make baby products, beauty products and hygiene products too. They're selling the vaccines at cost and have promised to do so throughout the pandemic.

Can you prove any of this "conspiracy theory wrong" with links of course?

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-facebooks-independent-fact-checker-on-va

And don't even bother to attack the source, attack the facts.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 14:57 - Oct 4 with 949 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 21:44 - Oct 3 by Scotia

The anti-bodies from vaccines only last a couple of months.
The Israeli data shows that Natural immunity lasts much longer than Pfizer Immunity.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/312637
Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:12 - Oct 4 with 951 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:06 - Oct 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Thanks for the response. So the vaccine efficacy - how is that measured with regards immunity (and I don’t mean stats over reinfections). Is there another way of measuring both immunised and non immunised persons - a test that best states immune response in unvaccinated (but with an immune response due to actually having contracted COVID) or the vaccinated?

I think there are two reported ways.

As part of the trials Pfizer and Moderna both reported on those who developed symtoms, so didn't include asymptomatic infections. This gave a figure of over 90% efficacy against the original variant. The Oxford / AZ trial actually tested participants, so included asymptomatic infection, and this gave a lower efficacy result, but is probably more accurate regarding infection.

I don't think there is an easy way to measure immune respone aside from an antibody test. I think measuring a T cell response would need a full blood screening undertaken in a lab.
Login to get fewer ads

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:35 - Oct 4 with 917 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 00:01 - Oct 4 by DJack

Erm... citation needed or I call bullshit.

Actually it’s Facebooks vaccine fact checkers - brought in to dispel vaccine disinformation-were accused by US Congressman Thomas Massie (ok he’s vehemently opposed to the vaccine) of being run by a company (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation) with around 1.8 billion dollars worth of stock in vaccine manufacturers Johnson and Johnson, and whose CEO was a former chairman of the CDC .

Impartial?

Over 100 people in the ground today on 22:50 - Oct 4 with 885 viewsDJack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:35 - Oct 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Actually it’s Facebooks vaccine fact checkers - brought in to dispel vaccine disinformation-were accused by US Congressman Thomas Massie (ok he’s vehemently opposed to the vaccine) of being run by a company (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation) with around 1.8 billion dollars worth of stock in vaccine manufacturers Johnson and Johnson, and whose CEO was a former chairman of the CDC .

Impartial?

Still no citation...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:00 - Oct 5 with 856 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 22:50 - Oct 4 by DJack

Still no citation...

Again this is just typical misinformation.

I think J&J are the smallest of the vaccine producers (by number) outside of China and Russia.

J&J also make far more products than just vaccines, the vaccines were actually developed by the Janssen subsidary company. J&J are also distributing them at cost throughout the course of the pandemic.

Was the misinformation that these factcheckers identified only limited to the J&J vaccine?

Does it make any difference if it actually was misinformation?

I just think these anti-vaxxers are getting desperate. The vaccines are very safe and effective and they are looking incredibley stupid.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 10:17 - Oct 5 with 834 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:35 - Oct 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Impartial?

When you get to a certain level in business, global corporations, there is hardly any impartiality. The CEO's and most senior staff all know each other, they probably know how to contact each other covertly. Us poor old Joe public have no idea how many sweetheart deals are going on, what backroom deals are being done.

These CEO's and senior staff often have good links to politicians too, it's amazing what money, or the promise of it can buy. Look at the Pandora papers and the Russians who contribute to the Tory party. I wonder if that undersea Electricity cable will go ahead...maybe another 700k donation to the tories will guarantee it?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:24 - Oct 5 with 814 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:00 - Oct 5 by Scotia

I think J&J are the smallest of the vaccine producers (by number) outside of China and Russia.

J&J also make far more products than just vaccines, the vaccines were actually developed by the Janssen subsidary company. J&J are also distributing them at cost throughout the course of the pandemic.

Was the misinformation that these factcheckers identified only limited to the J&J vaccine?

I just think these anti-vaxxers are getting desperate. The vaccines are very safe and effective and they are looking incredibley stupid.

Go ahead prove this guy wrong with fact based links.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-facebooks-independent-fact-checker-on-va

Don't even bother attacking the source I am not interested, prove him wrong.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:04 - Oct 5 with 812 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 15:24 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Go ahead prove this guy wrong with fact based links.

Don't even bother attacking the source I am not interested, prove him wrong.

Ok. How about the very first paragraph sentence.

"Accurate information about the vaccines and other vital COVID-related topics hinges upon the ability to disseminate the facts on major social media platforms like Facebook"

Do you serioulsy believe that?

Aside from that there is barely a fact within that article. It is just his opinion and guesswork, and some misrepresented stuff we've been through ad nauseum.

What is particulalry interesting is that the group that funds factcheck has a minority investment in the smallest vaccine provider in the western world, who are making and distributing that vaccine at cost. I'd suggest that the vast majority of J&J's profits (and therefore returns on their investment) are coming from other parts of the business, in fact 45% of their revenue does not come from pharmaceuticals at all. But of course that isn't stated in the article.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/020316/johnson-johnsons-3-most-pro

Why aren't the factcheck funders also investing in Pfizer, Biontech, AstraZeneca or any of the other vaccine producers if disproving anti-vax propaganda is so rewarding?

If a stated fact is proven to be wrong, it's no longer a fact. Irrespective of who's proven it.

I genuinely don't think there is anything of interest in that article. It sounds like the rantings of someone who is clutching at straws, because it is becoming increasingly clear that the anti-vaxxers are.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:32 - Oct 5 with 796 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:04 - Oct 5 by Scotia

Ok. How about the very first paragraph sentence.

"Accurate information about the vaccines and other vital COVID-related topics hinges upon the ability to disseminate the facts on major social media platforms like Facebook"

Do you serioulsy believe that?

Aside from that there is barely a fact within that article. It is just his opinion and guesswork, and some misrepresented stuff we've been through ad nauseum.

What is particulalry interesting is that the group that funds factcheck has a minority investment in the smallest vaccine provider in the western world, who are making and distributing that vaccine at cost. I'd suggest that the vast majority of J&J's profits (and therefore returns on their investment) are coming from other parts of the business, in fact 45% of their revenue does not come from pharmaceuticals at all. But of course that isn't stated in the article.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/020316/johnson-johnsons-3-most-pro

Why aren't the factcheck funders also investing in Pfizer, Biontech, AstraZeneca or any of the other vaccine producers if disproving anti-vax propaganda is so rewarding?

If a stated fact is proven to be wrong, it's no longer a fact. Irrespective of who's proven it.

I genuinely don't think there is anything of interest in that article. It sounds like the rantings of someone who is clutching at straws, because it is becoming increasingly clear that the anti-vaxxers are.

Well it is either facebook or so called "anti-Vaxx" forums, which very few people visit, so yes what he says is true, because what we get from the manufacturers and governments via the media is not true.

Yes like your repeated "fact" that J & J are selling at cost, which is not true, it is AZ who are selling at cost, J & J are merely selling theirs cheaply.
Unless you can find where J & J actually state that they are selling at cost of course.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timabansal/2021/04/05/why-is-jjs-covid-19-vaccine-s

He provided details and you provide your opinions as usual, where are the facts with links as requested?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 16:33]
Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:38 - Oct 5 with 791 viewsProfessor

Over 100 people in the ground today on 13:06 - Oct 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Vaccine efficacy is always based on protection. Antibody responses are easy to measure but rarely predictive of the actual level of protection. The real idea is to elicit memory so the immune response responds to re-infection quickly. Measuring memory is difficult. Need to culture cells and restimulate. Hard for large numbers. Antibody levels will always fall in time.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:43 - Oct 5 with 788 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 16:32 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Well it is either facebook or so called "anti-Vaxx" forums, which very few people visit, so yes what he says is true, because what we get from the manufacturers and governments via the media is not true.

Yes like your repeated "fact" that J & J are selling at cost, which is not true, it is AZ who are selling at cost, J & J are merely selling theirs cheaply.
Unless you can find where J & J actually state that they are selling at cost of course.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/timabansal/2021/04/05/why-is-jjs-covid-19-vaccine-s

He provided details and you provide your opinions as usual, where are the facts with links as requested?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 16:33]

Well here's a link to demonstrate that the j&j vaccine is not being sold at profit, not just cheaply.

https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-authorized-by-u-s-fda-for-e

Not the best investment really.

My repeated fact is actually a fact, unlike that article which is opinion. Whereas your second paragraph is a disproven fact and therefore misinformation.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:12 - Oct 5 with 773 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Over 100 people in the ground today on 08:00 - Oct 5 by Scotia

It’s spelt as incredibly by the way.

I think it’s far too early to call people stupid - I suppose the proof will only be truly evident in say 5 years time. I don’t go round throwing playground insults at vaccinated people so I think you want to grow up a bit. This thread was started by Builthy whom despite being double vaccinated is terrified of catching the virus (controversial jack also posted similar). I think that says it all.

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:44 - Oct 5 with 761 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:12 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

I think it’s far too early to call people stupid - I suppose the proof will only be truly evident in say 5 years time. I don’t go round throwing playground insults at vaccinated people so I think you want to grow up a bit. This thread was started by Builthy whom despite being double vaccinated is terrified of catching the virus (controversial jack also posted similar). I think that says it all.

Thanks for pointing out my typo. It's very helpful.

It would be too early to call anti vaxxers stupid if side effects to vacciinarion developed after 5 years, but they don't. These vaccines are clearly safe and effective. It's not a playground insult to call someone who'd refuse one stupid, I genuinely think that they are.

I'm treble vaccinated and feel very confident that I'm not going to be bothering the staff on a covid ward this winter.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:30 - Oct 5 with 754 viewsCatullus

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:12 - Oct 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Of course some double vaccinated are still terrified of catching covid, if you are in a high risk age group and have underlying healyth problems, even with the vaccine you risks are still quite high, depending on the health problems. My neighbour has COPD, Diabtetes and high blood pressure, he's 60. He is a far higher risk than I am.

Personally, although I was told to shield in the first wave, I am quite confident about it all now. I still wear a mask in shops, I use hand sanitiser but otherwise I get on with life. Myself and my son go to the football and he's in school so he's a very big risk for bringing it home. It doesn't stop me. We are all different.
I must admit though, I hadn't noticed Builty say he was terrified!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:44 - Oct 5 with 747 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 18:44 - Oct 5 by Scotia

Thanks for pointing out my typo. It's very helpful.

It would be too early to call anti vaxxers stupid if side effects to vacciinarion developed after 5 years, but they don't. These vaccines are clearly safe and effective. It's not a playground insult to call someone who'd refuse one stupid, I genuinely think that they are.

I'm treble vaccinated and feel very confident that I'm not going to be bothering the staff on a covid ward this winter.

"These vaccines are clearly safe and effective."

Is a very odd way to describe the vaccines with the worst Adverse Events and deaths in the whole history of vaccines.
Have you seen the latest analysis of vaccine related deaths from the USA?
Approximately 50,000 deaths from 5.6 million vaccinated people does not sound very "safe" to me, but then that is just me.

They also have the shortest period of "effectiveness" of any previous Vaccines as far as I am aware, hence the reason that you have needed 3 in 9 months.
They do not prevent the spread of the virus, they do not prevent hospitalisations or deaths after about 6 months.

You ignore the long term adverse effects that other vaccines have shown like ADE, I am glad that you are happy with the way that your part in the clinical trial is going.
I hope it stays that way for you and all the others that have been vaccinated, especially with Pfizer & Moderna vaccines.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 07:43 - Oct 6 with 699 viewsScotia

Over 100 people in the ground today on 19:44 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

"These vaccines are clearly safe and effective."

Is a very odd way to describe the vaccines with the worst Adverse Events and deaths in the whole history of vaccines.
Have you seen the latest analysis of vaccine related deaths from the USA?
Approximately 50,000 deaths from 5.6 million vaccinated people does not sound very "safe" to me, but then that is just me.

They also have the shortest period of "effectiveness" of any previous Vaccines as far as I am aware, hence the reason that you have needed 3 in 9 months.
They do not prevent the spread of the virus, they do not prevent hospitalisations or deaths after about 6 months.

You ignore the long term adverse effects that other vaccines have shown like ADE, I am glad that you are happy with the way that your part in the clinical trial is going.
I hope it stays that way for you and all the others that have been vaccinated, especially with Pfizer & Moderna vaccines.

This is stuff that we've been over plenty of times, you seem to be ignoring common sense in favour of these misrepresented and almost certainly inaccurate statistics from right wing American anti vax websites.

Of course they have the most adverse events then any other vaccines in history. They have been given to vastly more people, each one of those has had how to report "adverse events" explained to them and given to them in a seperate large print form. Whist waiting for Jab 3 I was given an A4 sheet with potential side effects and how to report them framed in a box on the front page. This was then given to me in a leaflet form too and the vaccinator directed me to (and explained) the potential, very rare more serious side effects. I was also given the small print sheet too.

I had my flu jab 10 days afterwards and received none of this information. Multiply this situation by many millions and what do you think will happen?

Of course as this system is self reported it is open to innaccurate reports too.

Quite frankly I don't believe those death figures please provide evidence that they were caused directly by the vaccine and not coincidence. You've fallen in to that trap before don't forget. As I've said before my Grandfather died a few weeks after his flu jab, did that kill him or the congestive heart failure he'd suffered from for years?

These are the most scrutinised vaccines in history, and as safe as others.

Regarding the effectiveness, let's not forget that these are the first human coronavirus vaccines (I believe) we know immunity won't t last too long, but the hospitlaisation figures are still very low. The most vulnerable are clearly still being protected even 6 months after their second jab, society is open and they are still safe. I also think this is a moot point - as the booster programme is underway. Vaccination is a way we live with this virus, hopefully even better vaccines and treatments will become available too.

You're getting confused regarding long term adverse effects and side effects that appear after a long period of time. Long term effects are incredibly rare, side effects that appear after a long time don't happen after vaccination.

As prof said before, we're all in this trial together. I'm considerably safer than those who volunteer to be in the control group, and that is becoming clearer by the day.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 09:21 - Oct 6 with 690 viewsProfessor

Over 100 people in the ground today on 07:43 - Oct 6 by Scotia

This is stuff that we've been over plenty of times, you seem to be ignoring common sense in favour of these misrepresented and almost certainly inaccurate statistics from right wing American anti vax websites.

Of course they have the most adverse events then any other vaccines in history. They have been given to vastly more people, each one of those has had how to report "adverse events" explained to them and given to them in a seperate large print form. Whist waiting for Jab 3 I was given an A4 sheet with potential side effects and how to report them framed in a box on the front page. This was then given to me in a leaflet form too and the vaccinator directed me to (and explained) the potential, very rare more serious side effects. I was also given the small print sheet too.

I had my flu jab 10 days afterwards and received none of this information. Multiply this situation by many millions and what do you think will happen?

Of course as this system is self reported it is open to innaccurate reports too.

Quite frankly I don't believe those death figures please provide evidence that they were caused directly by the vaccine and not coincidence. You've fallen in to that trap before don't forget. As I've said before my Grandfather died a few weeks after his flu jab, did that kill him or the congestive heart failure he'd suffered from for years?

These are the most scrutinised vaccines in history, and as safe as others.

Regarding the effectiveness, let's not forget that these are the first human coronavirus vaccines (I believe) we know immunity won't t last too long, but the hospitlaisation figures are still very low. The most vulnerable are clearly still being protected even 6 months after their second jab, society is open and they are still safe. I also think this is a moot point - as the booster programme is underway. Vaccination is a way we live with this virus, hopefully even better vaccines and treatments will become available too.

You're getting confused regarding long term adverse effects and side effects that appear after a long period of time. Long term effects are incredibly rare, side effects that appear after a long time don't happen after vaccination.

As prof said before, we're all in this trial together. I'm considerably safer than those who volunteer to be in the control group, and that is becoming clearer by the day.

That mortality rate is a complete myth. Whilst the ONS estimates only NINE U.K. deaths are directly attributed to the vaccine, the U.K. data are pretty clear there are fewer than 200 deaths from close to 50 million vaccinated. Given at least 120,000 lives have been saved ….

The latest Israeli data on mycocarditis following 3rd boosters revealed only 10 cases in 1.6 million . All mild and transient. Vaccine adverse effects are being greatly exaggerated.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 11:25 - Oct 6 with 671 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 09:21 - Oct 6 by Professor

That mortality rate is a complete myth. Whilst the ONS estimates only NINE U.K. deaths are directly attributed to the vaccine, the U.K. data are pretty clear there are fewer than 200 deaths from close to 50 million vaccinated. Given at least 120,000 lives have been saved ….

The latest Israeli data on mycocarditis following 3rd boosters revealed only 10 cases in 1.6 million . All mild and transient. Vaccine adverse effects are being greatly exaggerated.

"the U.K. data are pretty clear there are fewer than 200 deaths from close to 50 million vaccinated."
UK Yellow card deaths from COVID Vaccines quote from UK Gov.
"The MHRA has received 544 UK reports of suspected ADRs to the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine in which the patient died shortly after vaccination, 1,091 reports for the COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca, 19 for the COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna and 28 where the brand of vaccine was unspecified.

I think you will find that adds up to slightly more than 200.

Funny how that Israel data doesn't align with an actual study in Canada, which found 1 in 1000 developed myocarditis.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.13.21262182v1.full

Or this old US study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8483988/

Which included 6 deaths.

You were wrong about the origins of the COVID virus as has been established by various means, especially FOI requests and looking at various grants and meeting minutes.
Even the UK press has started to report on the tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10062775/US-Chinese-scientists-planning

This is a crime against Humanity and has lead to millions of deaths, there should be arrests and trials.
The UK Government is hiding our involvement in this, when FOI requests have been made we get completely blanked out data.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10052689/Government-condemned-refusing-

They are not to trusted on anything they are telling us, they have lied to the public all the way through the pandemic and continue to do so.
Over 100 people in the ground today on 12:44 - Oct 6 with 653 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Over 100 people in the ground today on 09:21 - Oct 6 by Professor

The fact that you only talk about Myocarditis as a an Adverse Event is enlightening.
There are many life threatening and life changing effects.
For a nice roundup with links is this article.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/mon78-most-common-adverse-ev

By the way it appears that they have identified the cause of Long COVID, it is Micro-Clots.

https://scitechdaily.com/overload-of-inflammatory-molecules-trapped-in-micro-blo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024