Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 13:43 - Sep 16 with 24627 viewsNotLoyal

English Championship

Today’s fixtures

Luton Town v Swansea City
Kenilworth David Pleat Stadium
Kick off 3pm

Match Officials
Whose Tony is that jacket ? Tony Harrington ( whose coat ) will be the referee for Swansea City’s Championship clash against Luton Town on Saturday (3pm). The Cleveland official took charge of the Swans five times last season, he oversaw wins over Nottingham Forest and Rotherham, as well as the away leg against Barnsley in the play-offs, plus defeats against Huddersfield and Birmingham. Jacket will be assisted by Mark Scholes and Craig Taylor, while Darren Drysdale is the fourth official. Mark is related to Paul Scholes, possibly.

New Covid rules mean you can’t slowly drive your car near the ground or talk to a variety of ladies with money in your hand. Just in case, you understand. Wear a mask.

Never trust a hippy.

This is a huge opportunity for Luton boss Nathan Jones to sound absolutely ridiculous again and bemoan about referees, missed opportunity, and his stupid accent.

Nick Owen said he was a Luton fan, then he said this "However, I have a significant number of other commitments, with both my primary employer, the BBC, and other organisations. All of these demand long travel and unpredictable schedules and consequently I feel that I am unable to dedicate the time and effort that I feel the role now deserves."

Seriously though, this could easily be a defining game for Russell Martin, the swans have lost only once in the previous seven meetings. Luton draw a lot of games, expect a 1-1 draw. In the last meeting the swans lived life dangerously but won 1-0 at Kenilworth Road.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55776/russell-martin-eye

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55782/luton-town-confide

Luton Town: Simon Sluga, James Bree, Kal Naismith (capt), Harry Cornick, Luke Berry, Elijah Adebayo, Tom Lockyer, Reece Burke, Pelly Mpanzu, Henri Lansbury, Gabriel Osho.

Subs: James Shea, Glen Rea, Danny Hylton, Carlos Mendes-Gomes, Jordan Clark, Dion Pereira, Cameron Jerome.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Rhys Williams, Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (capt), Liam Walsh, Jamie Paterson, Ryan Manning, Michael Obafemi.

Subs: Steven Benda, Ben Cabango, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Olivier Ntcham, Joel Piroe.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55796/another-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55794/swansea-city-show-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:11 - Sep 18 with 1237 viewsAndyCole

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:04 - Sep 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"I think we saw in the second half exactly what RM is trying to do"

If we need our opponent's to play with the mentality of already being 3-0 up to see what Russell Martin is trying to do, it is little wonder we are in a relegation battle.

He had those players available to him from the start. He refused to play them. Playing with them was quite clearly not what he wanted to do. He wanted to play without Piroe and Ntcham.

This.

The blind sheep are leading the blind, on here and in the dug out.

The senior players wrest control and decision making from a hapless manager, and we salvage a point against a very poor Luton who were cruising to a much deserved 3-0 win.

And we are still languished haplessly near the foot of the table. Couldn't make it up.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:11 - Sep 18 with 1253 viewsmagicdaps10

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:05 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I think a lot of bruised egos tonight, a bit of realising that those with concerns may well have a point after all.

Looking at the other forum there is certainly some realisation going on there so at least some people are starting to ask questions.

Although I’m sure some will be hanging onto a point at Luton to continue the notion that 1 win in 8 league games is still fine.

Going to be a lot of bruised egos from all angles.

Think alot of people have learned a few things today.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:12 - Sep 18 with 1240 viewsmax936

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:04 - Sep 18 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If we need our opponent's to play with the mentality of already being 3-0 up to see what Russell Martin is trying to do, it is little wonder we are in a relegation battle.

He had those players available to him from the start. He refused to play them. Playing with them was quite clearly not what he wanted to do. He wanted to play without Piroe and Ntcham.

Ntcham has just come to the club and hasn't played much football for months, played last Saturday started Wednesday and looked physically tired, you can't blame Martin for not starting him, he came on and was the star of the show in the 2nd half, Piroe was probably a strange decision though, he should have started with Obafemi either behind him or in front.

Hopefully this is the start of better times.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 17:16]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:14 - Sep 18 with 1217 viewsswan_si

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:00 - Sep 18 by Badlands

What a comeback - it shows we have the squad but Martin needs to start playing the best team not just the best in training.
Happy with a point but that really should have been 3 with a sane starting line up.

I think if we were out of the cup, like urm, Cardiff for instance,we may have started with a different 11, having a game Wednesday probably had something to do with resting some key players today, this could be the kick up the arse we needed, we've come back from 3 goals down, and could have nicked it at the end, not bad for a team struggling to score, what difference second half.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:15 - Sep 18 with 1212 viewsmagicdaps10

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:11 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

The “doom brigade” were right.

It was one of the worst halves of football in years. Not sure I can think of a worse one. As I’m sure you are well aware.

Not discounting it, flip side if the coin shows that the fight is there and we can score goals.

As a lot of people, hopefully Martin has learned that 2 up top and what his best team is.

Glad for him, these type of results can be the springboard.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:16 - Sep 18 with 1179 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:11 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

Going to be a lot of bruised egos from all angles.

Think alot of people have learned a few things today.

I don’t think so.

I think this game was a cold slap in the face for those that want to go ahead with blind faith. One of the worst halves of football in decades.

Those that had been voicing concerns prior to the match will no doubt have even more. Those that claimed they didn’t will certainly be having some enter their mind.

That felt a little like the Palace escape under Bradley. It’s not sustainable to go into a match with those tactics and that approach. We will get destroyed by better teams, Luton ripped us apart. Luton.

Second half we were far more direct from around 65 mins onward, we seemed to ditch the slow cumbersome passing for passing sake as Luton were siting back protecting their lead. I called it at 3-1 that they were there for the taking if we can go a bit more direct.

That is what we should be doing every game, not this nonsense ego stroking stat boosting in the possession department.

Needs to be binned.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 17:18]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:16 - Sep 18 with 1194 viewsWalterBoyd

He tried rotating his squad, especially after a midweek match.

He wanted to try out a midfielder many have been singing the praises of, Walsh.

He wanted to give game time to Liverpool loanee who had a decent match last week.

At half time he spotted the weakness, was brave making 3 changes, big risk but he had the balls to do it.

Hope Russ goes onto become one of Swansea's best ever managers.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:19 - Sep 18 with 1164 viewsmagicdaps10

It was a bad first half, Martin changed it half time and he needed to, we have come back for a terrific point after a horror first half.

I can see the concerns from that first half but I am buzzing after that... Considering the circumstances.

If we don't take this result as positive energy and carry on with the negativity then we may aswell give up. I just hope the boys take this on board and they are pumped up enough after that to take it into the next game.

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:20 - Sep 18 with 1134 viewsAndyCole

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:08 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

Let's be fair, first half was bad and we need to stop gifting things to the opposition.

Agreed the doom brigade were out.

Martin can get the team playing like we did 2nd half then that needs to be the aim.

As I say, alot of us have learned something today and hopefully this draw is the turning point.

Let's hope it is, and Winter sits him down and spells it out clearly.

Luton and Jones outfoxed us without really trying. Their 2nd half gameplan was poor, and executed even more poorly.

Half decent teams can easily snuff us, it's all far too predicable and obvious surely even to the likes of some of the beauts on here.

It wasn't Martin that got us playing like we did 2nd half. The senior layers yet again took it upon themselves, allowed Grimes to orchestrate alone (instead of having 2 deep lying CDMs, Downes the spare part).

In so doing the players salvaged a point. Yet again. Against lowly Luton, ffs.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:21 - Sep 18 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:19 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

It was a bad first half, Martin changed it half time and he needed to, we have come back for a terrific point after a horror first half.

I can see the concerns from that first half but I am buzzing after that... Considering the circumstances.

If we don't take this result as positive energy and carry on with the negativity then we may aswell give up. I just hope the boys take this on board and they are pumped up enough after that to take it into the next game.

Today we are actually closer to relegation rivals as they all won so they are improving too.

We just drew a game against Luton.

Perspective works both ways

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:21 - Sep 18 with 1111 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:19 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

Agreed.

But he needs to go into the next game with a far more sensible approach. We have a very good side and we have no business being in and around the relegation zone, new manager or not.

Now is the time to start pulling away. No more excuse making.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:22 - Sep 18 with 1115 viewsmagicdaps10

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:16 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t think so.

I think this game was a cold slap in the face for those that want to go ahead with blind faith. One of the worst halves of football in decades.

Those that had been voicing concerns prior to the match will no doubt have even more. Those that claimed they didn’t will certainly be having some enter their mind.

That felt a little like the Palace escape under Bradley. It’s not sustainable to go into a match with those tactics and that approach. We will get destroyed by better teams, Luton ripped us apart. Luton.

Second half we were far more direct from around 65 mins onward, we seemed to ditch the slow cumbersome passing for passing sake as Luton were siting back protecting their lead. I called it at 3-1 that they were there for the taking if we can go a bit more direct.

That is what we should be doing every game, not this nonsense ego stroking stat boosting in the possession department.

Needs to be binned.

I think so.

Think it shows that Martin can put his hands up, make the changes and be proactive and realise the changes were needed.

From out of his depth to acracking comeback.

As much the first half was negative, the second half was positive.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:23 - Sep 18 with 1106 viewsswan_si

it's good to have a manger willing to use his bench.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:25 - Sep 18 with 1079 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:23 - Sep 18 by swan_si

Well let’s hope he uses his starting 11 next time.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:27 - Sep 18 with 1066 viewsraynor94

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:16 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t think so.

Needs to be binned.

From 65 minutes? We could have scored 3 in the first five minutes of the 2nd half!

Totally dominated the 2nd half, and should have won it on chances created

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:28 - Sep 18 with 1058 viewsmagicdaps10

Piroe and Obefami up top next game, Ntcham in the hole.

Who plays in midfield

Cabango instead of Bennett.

Left wing back is an issue.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:29 - Sep 18 with 1038 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:27 - Sep 18 by raynor94

From 65 minutes? We could have scored 3 in the first five minutes of the 2nd half!

Totally dominated the 2nd half, and should have won it on chances created

Yep from around the hour mark is when we visibly ditched the “short pass at all costs” philosophy. We were far more direct.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:30 - Sep 18 with 1045 viewsWalterBoyd

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:23 - Sep 18 by swan_si

Jesus ' ?
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:30 - Sep 18 with 1041 viewsOldjack

he's found a formula ,now bloody stick to it and stop meddling

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:32 - Sep 18 with 1033 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bad starting line up compounded with no hold up player up front and two poor players in midfield. Took off our better prospects in Downes and Walsh and the the draw was achieved despite the two hapless players grimes and Paterson doing their best to confound us.

RM’s got to do a depeche mode - “get the balance right”

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:32 - Sep 18 with 1028 viewsjackrabbit

Time for the ‘glass-half-full’ perspective. Yes a draw away at Luton would normally be nothing to write home about. But a draw away at Luton thru coming back from 3-0 down, by scoring 3 in a half we dominated….now that’s definitely worth celebrating. It’ll do wonders for belief and positivity in the mentality of the team. Yes the first half was ugly. The players looked cowed and afraid of making mistakes - result: lots of mistakes.
Second half, we cast off the shackles and started playing with freedom and confidence.
Result: very encouraging.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:33 - Sep 18 with 1021 viewsswan_si

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:11 - Sep 18 by Dr_Parnassus

The “doom brigade” were right.

It was one of the worst halves of football in years. Not sure I can think of a worse one. As I’m sure you are well aware.

I think our away game against Derby last year comes close.
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:34 - Sep 18 with 991 viewsDr_Parnassus

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:33 - Sep 18 by swan_si

I think our away game against Derby last year comes close.

I remembered the Tottenham away game too as I pressed ‘submit post’,that was horrific.

Certainly in that realm anyway.

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:35 - Sep 18 with 993 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Luton gifted us the draw by defending their lead.
The last 5 minutes was more like the whole half should have been ie chances at both ends.
At half time my grandson said the bookies were offering 100:1 for a draw and both my son and myself said no way we would waste a pound on that bet.
How wrong can you be?
Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:37 - Sep 18 with 975 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Luton Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 17:32 - Sep 18 by jackrabbit

Time for the ‘glass-half-full’ perspective. Yes a draw away at Luton would normally be nothing to write home about. But a draw away at Luton thru coming back from 3-0 down, by scoring 3 in a half we dominated….now that’s definitely worth celebrating. It’ll do wonders for belief and positivity in the mentality of the team. Yes the first half was ugly. The players looked cowed and afraid of making mistakes - result: lots of mistakes.
Second half, we cast off the shackles and started playing with freedom and confidence.
Result: very encouraging.

We did look scared in the first half - I think ending the game as we did is a massive confidence boost. Let’s carry that into every game.

Oh for a chat with Nathan Jones after the game lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024