Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Bennett ? 19:54 - Aug 27 with 6709 viewsKeithHaynes

Regardless of his ability or whatever, why would a club pay him 80k a month plus and not play him.
And how does the manager justify this financial loss ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Ryan Bennett ? on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 706 viewsonehunglow

Ryan Bennett ? on 19:31 - Aug 28 by magicdaps10

There is absolutely no consistency here, I am not defending Martin nor am I proclaiming him to be some magical messiah. BUT I read a post claiming he would destroy the best of players.....all I am pointing out is the players who have flourished under his management to show what was claimed is incorrect.

I now read that those players I have mentioned, one only performed in spite of Martin, one was already showing promise and one just grew up.

Cmon! The mythical rubbish that is posted on here that somehow becomes fact with some as I said.
Its truely unbelievable!

Mythical rubbish .Fair comment.
Ive been accused of being all manner of matter becaue I do not follow the myth of Grimes being in any way a "great" player for us;nor the legendary Naughton,a name that plucks at the heartstrings of his legions of followers. I know Im nuts and shallow but his control of the game,his inspiration to his fellow defenders,his organisating his chums with all his e xperience and his sheer will to win-all of which I am blind to. It simply passes me by.

Bennett is a slow,ponderous stopper and one who would have made a decent captain.

He is a stopper though. Many of our defenders arent.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:27 - Aug 29 with 562 viewsdobjack2

Ryan Bennett ? on 07:40 - Aug 29 by angryjack

Funny hos we could afford it when we gave him the contract

If the figures being bandied about are correct, then he was a poor signing purely from a financial point of view. If on top of that the speculation about there being an automatic extension based on appearances is also correct then that makes it even worse.

Purely based on his alleged contract details it has the feel of the club having deadline day approaching and being desperate for an experienced centre half. So desperate that we agreed to a contract that we couldn't really afford if we didn't get promoted.
Ryan Bennett ? on 19:37 - Aug 29 with 481 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ryan Bennett ? on 18:27 - Aug 29 by dobjack2

If the figures being bandied about are correct, then he was a poor signing purely from a financial point of view. If on top of that the speculation about there being an automatic extension based on appearances is also correct then that makes it even worse.

Purely based on his alleged contract details it has the feel of the club having deadline day approaching and being desperate for an experienced centre half. So desperate that we agreed to a contract that we couldn't really afford if we didn't get promoted.

The club hit the goldmine with the £11m for Rodon. Cooper sold Winter the idea that Bennett would be his man for 4 seasons. One less position to worry about.

Winter could simply force Martin to accept Bennett. Brendan and Ranieri got a song from Wes Morgan 6 ft 1 in and 16 stone.

He has to go in the next few days otherwise.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 19:37]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024