Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
20 stewards 19:17 - Feb 15 with 4782 viewsandrew

Manning the north east corner and I still know people who find their way up there when they don’t have a ticket there. What a horrific waste of money.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

20 stewards on 20:46 - Feb 18 with 618 viewsSTID2017

20 stewards on 20:28 - Feb 18 by SullutaCreturned

See, that was your mistake, you didn't seriously think I meant a steward should be paid more than you? That's crazy talk mun.

Wages across the board for us plebs should be higher. In an industry where they pay bang average people 10k per week and more, the staff at grounds SHOULD be on more. It's a part time job that some people do because they can't afford to buy tickets.

When the stadium opened and they brought the turnstile operators in for "training" the guy in charge (John Goss I think) said that the turnstile operators were in no way guaranteed a seat, even if the stadium was half empty !
I bought a ticket for the first home match just to be sure !
It was always a given that once you paid in down the Vetch, you went and watched the game.
I think a few of the senior guys threatened to walk out and they changed their mind eventually and guaranteed us a seat.
Still paid us a pittance though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

20 stewards on 21:09 - Feb 18 with 589 viewsSullutaCreturned

20 stewards on 20:46 - Feb 18 by STID2017

When the stadium opened and they brought the turnstile operators in for "training" the guy in charge (John Goss I think) said that the turnstile operators were in no way guaranteed a seat, even if the stadium was half empty !
It was always a given that once you paid in down the Vetch, you went and watched the game.
I think a few of the senior guys threatened to walk out and they changed their mind eventually and guaranteed us a seat.

Down the Vetch you were expected to go in the wing stand and wait. If there was aproblem Pat came and called you.

It was Pat wasn't it STID? A blonde woman with big hair and a big cleavage!
20 stewards on 21:10 - Feb 18 with 586 viewsbuilthjack

20 stewards on 20:46 - Feb 18 by STID2017

2 guys in front of us, do the turnstiles. They work for 2 hours on minimum wage, and arrive in their seats about 15 minutes after kick off. About £20 and see the game, except for quarter of an hour.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

20 stewards on 21:22 - Feb 18 with 567 viewsFireboy2

See, that was your mistake, you didn't seriously think I meant a steward should be paid more than you? That's crazy talk mun.

Wages across the board for us plebs should be higher. In an industry where they pay bang average people 10k per week and more, the staff at grounds SHOULD be on more. It's a part time job that some people do because they can't afford to buy tickets.

The ones that we use are cardiff based so I suspect they won't support us.

I have a mate who runs a small company who supply stewards to Burnley fc and Wigan RL, he doesn't pay anywhere near £15 an hour, think its around £10.
20 stewards on 21:26 - Feb 18 with 563 viewsSTID2017

20 stewards on 21:09 - Feb 18 by SullutaCreturned

Down the Vetch you were expected to go in the wing stand and wait. If there was aproblem Pat came and called you.

It was Pat wasn't it STID? A blonde woman with big hair and a big cleavage!

Yes I remember Pat.
We used to pay in 10 minutes after Kick Off then go wherever we wanted and go back about 10 mins from the end.
A few years after you I think ?

20 stewards on 21:29 - Feb 18 with 558 viewsKeithHaynes

20 stewards on 21:22 - Feb 18 by Fireboy2

The ones that we use are cardiff based so I suspect they won't support us.

I have a mate who runs a small company who supply stewards to Burnley fc and Wigan RL, he doesn't pay anywhere near £15 an hour, think its around £10.

Got to make a profit though ?

Makes you wonder what they charge the clubs.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

20 stewards on 21:38 - Feb 18 with 528 viewsSTID2017

20 stewards on 21:10 - Feb 18 by builthjack

2 guys in front of us, do the turnstiles. They work for 2 hours on minimum wage, and arrive in their seats about 15 minutes after kick off. About £20 and see the game, except for quarter of an hour.

I did until the end of the 2011 season.
Then got a ST as didn't want to miss any of the PL games.
On rota we would have to work a late until half time.
Didn't fancy missing any of the games

20 stewards on 22:37 - Feb 18 with 518 viewsBoundy

20 stewards on 16:37 - Feb 18 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

£15 an hour for sitting on a bucket looking miserable?

Why not I spend 30 quid and I sit on a seat looking miserable

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

20 stewards on 22:47 - Feb 18 with 508 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

20 stewards on 22:37 - Feb 18 by Boundy

Why not I spend 30 quid and I sit on a seat looking miserable

Touché

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

20 stewards on 22:48 - Feb 18 with 507 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

A lot of the jobs aren’t part time. They have a contract with Swansea arena and other venues around south wales so they have events multiple times a week.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024