Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option 19:28 - Feb 15 with 5486 viewsParkRoyalR

Field needs to drop back into a 3 with Dunne in the middle and Dickie on the right,

Martin + Lowe in the 2 supported by a 3 of Chair on the left, Johansen in the middle and (tin-hat on) Tim on the right,

Dickie + Laird have the experience to cover Tim's defensive lapses but other than this cannot see an alternative formation or 11 that will stop the rot.
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 11:50 - Feb 16 with 1244 viewsPhilmyRs

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 11:11 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

Albeit he was still out best player by some way on Tues night IMO. Actually linked up fairly well with Kakay, held it up well, tracked back, played some nice passes.

Sam Field is a consummate professional surrounded by charlatans.

Still, it sounds basic, play your best players in their best positions. Field is out best central midfielder. Play him there.

––––––-Dieng––––––
–--Dickie Dunne Gubbins––
Kakay––––––––––––-Paal
–––––Field Johansen–––-
–––––––Chair–––––––-
–––––Martin Lowe–––––

Only one loanee (Critchley’s). Everyone else on a perm contract with this club, even if short term.

You play to Dunne and Dickie’s strengths in those positions. You play to Paal’s strengths as an attacking wing back. You play to Field’s strengths. You play to Chair’s strengths (although he must play deeper and become a true 3rd CM out of possession). You play to Martin’s strength with a man off him. You play to Lowe’s strength (playing off a big man). You force the oppo’s defence not to sit too high (Lowe), or too deep (Martin).

Do this. If JCS was fit he plays instead of Gubbins but he’s not so next man up. At least he has cover.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 13:06]

I'd play the same team, although flagging I don't have much knowledge of Gubbins but with the one exception, Laird would retain his place if fit over Kakay.

Agree with those that have said 3 at the back has suited us, especially on the few occasions JCS has been fit.

The real worry at the moment is I can't see where the goals are going to come from when we're attacking, but can see lot's of areas where they may come when we're defending. Getting a bit more of a defensive shape and retaining players in their best positions (Dickie and the wing-backs), seems the only (logical) option.
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 12:46 - Feb 16 with 1166 viewsgolborne

Warburton bit the bullet in Jan 21 and switched to a back 3 after an awful start to the season, and looked what happened. We simply don't have 2 good enough (actually the 2 injured would probably work and did earlier in the season, but that's a different issue...). Dickie is (usually) good on the ball, but a pretty poor CB, defensively. Kakay isn't the best footballer, or biggest, but he would add some pace in there. MB never had an issue dropping him in when required, rather than change back to a 2.
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 13:43 - Feb 16 with 1136 viewsCadfael

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 12:46 - Feb 16 by golborne

Warburton bit the bullet in Jan 21 and switched to a back 3 after an awful start to the season, and looked what happened. We simply don't have 2 good enough (actually the 2 injured would probably work and did earlier in the season, but that's a different issue...). Dickie is (usually) good on the ball, but a pretty poor CB, defensively. Kakay isn't the best footballer, or biggest, but he would add some pace in there. MB never had an issue dropping him in when required, rather than change back to a 2.

prerequisites for back 3-

defensive ability and positional sense but very much comfortable on the ball.-

The latter is worth an extra player.
In his early days, Dickie was touted as at least sufficiently comfortable to sweep in front of the back line at the base of a diamond.
Is his regression in this respect all about confidence? Does someone suddenly become less adroit? Is it a function of the level in which you play.? i understand that Laird and Kakay( and Dickie) began as forwards but we now are aware that they often have difficult passing beyond the first defender.
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 14:53 - Feb 16 with 1095 viewsCLAREMAN1995

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 21:06 - Feb 15 by 1JD

Tim is mobile and can tackle?

I must be watching a different game. He has the ability to be mobile and tackle, yes. But he doesn’t have the appetite. And so he does neither. It’s like playing with 10 men.

No desire, no aggression, no closing down, no tackles, no anything. And he gives the ball away for fun. I don’t want to see this guy anywhere near the team again this season.

Watched Tim closely the other night and could not start to count the amount of passes he left short causing us multiple issues.
Hard to see but I think he caused Field to pick up that yellow card also with another sh*t pass .
He cost us a game under Beale who said "he is young and learning his trade but I will work with him and make sure it never happens again "or some B.S like that yet here we are.
Leave him, Dozzell ,Laird and a few more sitting in the stands listening to our fans and realizing the fans care about QPR so should the players FFs
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 15:17 - Feb 16 with 1069 viewsBurnleyhoop

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 11:11 - Feb 16 by Hunterhoop

Albeit he was still out best player by some way on Tues night IMO. Actually linked up fairly well with Kakay, held it up well, tracked back, played some nice passes.

Sam Field is a consummate professional surrounded by charlatans.

Still, it sounds basic, play your best players in their best positions. Field is out best central midfielder. Play him there.

––––––-Dieng––––––
–--Dickie Dunne Gubbins––
Kakay––––––––––––-Paal
–––––Field Johansen–––-
–––––––Chair–––––––-
–––––Martin Lowe–––––

Only one loanee (Critchley’s). Everyone else on a perm contract with this club, even if short term.

You play to Dunne and Dickie’s strengths in those positions. You play to Paal’s strengths as an attacking wing back. You play to Field’s strengths. You play to Chair’s strengths (although he must play deeper and become a true 3rd CM out of possession). You play to Martin’s strength with a man off him. You play to Lowe’s strength (playing off a big man). You force the oppo’s defence not to sit too high (Lowe), or too deep (Martin).

Do this. If JCS was fit he plays instead of Gubbins but he’s not so next man up. At least he has cover.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 13:06]

That would be my line up, although Armstrong for Chair should be considered. Love Chair to bits, but, as was the case last season, he is not as effective without Willock supporting him.

Anything that gets Dozzell and Tim out of the team has to be an improvement.

Can someone please remind Critchley what the definition of madness is again. He needs to start thinking out of the box and earning his corn.
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 15:56 - Feb 16 with 1041 viewsParkRoyalR

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 15:17 - Feb 16 by Burnleyhoop

That would be my line up, although Armstrong for Chair should be considered. Love Chair to bits, but, as was the case last season, he is not as effective without Willock supporting him.

Anything that gets Dozzell and Tim out of the team has to be an improvement.

Can someone please remind Critchley what the definition of madness is again. He needs to start thinking out of the box and earning his corn.

I'm not saying I don't like that team but Gubbins and Kakay in the same defence is a hell of a risk, particularly how fragile Dickie is at the moment.

I get why some are frustrated with Laird, and infuriated with Tim, but I would hope Laird is back to his early season best in the wing-back position and TIm can be coached through the game by SJ.

I just cannot see Kakay getting the vocal support he needs from Dickie and think Middlesboro away is a game too soon for Gubbins and i'm not just there yet (give me a week!), but I can understand why others are.

Again that's why I opt for Lowe ahead of Sinclair, as Lowe has put in some good performances and has regularly got into the box to support our lone striker which is sorely needed.

Most of all we just need to cut out the individual mistakes and run ourselves into the ground as its surprising what you can do when you work yours socks off.
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 16:02 - Feb 16 with 1024 viewsRangersw12

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 15:56 - Feb 16 by ParkRoyalR

I'm not saying I don't like that team but Gubbins and Kakay in the same defence is a hell of a risk, particularly how fragile Dickie is at the moment.

I get why some are frustrated with Laird, and infuriated with Tim, but I would hope Laird is back to his early season best in the wing-back position and TIm can be coached through the game by SJ.

I just cannot see Kakay getting the vocal support he needs from Dickie and think Middlesboro away is a game too soon for Gubbins and i'm not just there yet (give me a week!), but I can understand why others are.

Again that's why I opt for Lowe ahead of Sinclair, as Lowe has put in some good performances and has regularly got into the box to support our lone striker which is sorely needed.

Most of all we just need to cut out the individual mistakes and run ourselves into the ground as its surprising what you can do when you work yours socks off.

Problem is we're not gonna run ourselves into the ground with Laird and Tim in the team both are the problem not the solution IMO
This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 16:38 - Feb 16 with 974 viewsBurnleyhoop

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 15:56 - Feb 16 by ParkRoyalR

Laird has done his hamstring, so he’s a non starter.

Tim simply cannot play. Far too passive, doesn’t follow runners and providing little from an attacking sense.

If we don’t get a grip of the midfield we will be overwhelmed and collapse again. A complete change of approach is required.
Login to get fewer ads

This 11 in a 3-5-2 is our only Option on 22:29 - Mar 11 with 849 viewsParkRoyalR

Who'd have thought! UR's!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024