Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest... 18:23 - Mar 12 with 2426 viewsSTID2017

Just two points above the relegation zone.
Just saying ...

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Forest... on 09:35 - Mar 13 with 555 viewsvetchonian

Forest... on 09:32 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

I wouldn't mind if he came back as head coach. I know we shouldn't just look at former players but I think Tate could do a decent job.

Wouldnt do any worse than this current clown

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Forest... on 09:42 - Mar 13 with 543 viewsBadlands

Wasn’t Tate offered the Forest gig while still on our payroll?
Don’t remember TBH
What surprises me is there are Swans fans rooting for a club we've had a few run ins with over the years because a manager, who twice bottled promotion with us, and his assistant, admittedly a Swans legend as a player, are in charge.
I recall the clamour for Laudrup, who won us our first ever senior trophy, to be sacked when we were four points off the drop zone but in three major tournaments having come through an horrendous and extended period of injuries and having spent the equivalent of £31 million (inflation adjusted).
Cooper have spent c£160 million.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Forest... on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 534 viewsWhiterockin

Forest... on 09:42 - Mar 13 by Badlands

Don’t remember TBH
What surprises me is there are Swans fans rooting for a club we've had a few run ins with over the years because a manager, who twice bottled promotion with us, and his assistant, admittedly a Swans legend as a player, are in charge.
I recall the clamour for Laudrup, who won us our first ever senior trophy, to be sacked when we were four points off the drop zone but in three major tournaments having come through an horrendous and extended period of injuries and having spent the equivalent of £31 million (inflation adjusted).

RM didn't want him to be here and Tate wasn't happy with RM's coaching style, basically the styles were alien. Tate spoke to Cooper who offered both Tate and the club a way out.
Forest... on 10:00 - Mar 13 with 525 viewscadleigh

Don’t remember TBH

As I recall Tate was shunted from assistant manager to Curt's old honorific gig of 'bloke who checks on our loanees from time to time'. At that point, our loan players were Josh Gould (Ebbsfleet United), Jordan Garrick (Plymouth Argyle), Oli Cooper (Newport County) and Kyle Joseph (Cheltenham Town). Hardly a full-time job for a former assistant manager.

(In contrast, when the job was created for Curt we had a dozen players out on loan.)

So yes, he may have technically resigned rather than being sacked, but everyone knew it was only a matter of time before they handed him the Cyril costume.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Forest... on 10:56 - Mar 13 with 491 viewsvetchonian

Don’t remember TBH

I dont think any Swans fan is particularly rooting for Forest....more so some fans are using it to deflect from Martin

Like yourself many still accuse Cooper of bottling the playoffs albrit to a club that is now sitting 9th in the Premier league....

The club no longer has the likes of Tate , Leon, Curt on its payroll Tatey was the last of these and Russ made sure he was gone.....much to the demise of the club.

Amazing yes the clamour form the fanbase to sack Laudrup despite his winning us our first major trophy and us being on an European adventure, still in the cup but because our league form was dipping there waere calls for his head...yet Martin has had muchos support despite achieivng zilch as either a player or manager and taking us down the league

Forest... on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 483 viewsBadlands

Forest... on 10:56 - Mar 13 by vetchonian

I dont think any Swans fan is particularly rooting for Forest....more so some fans are using it to deflect from Martin

Like yourself many still accuse Cooper of bottling the playoffs albrit to a club that is now sitting 9th in the Premier league....

The club no longer has the likes of Tate , Leon, Curt on its payroll Tatey was the last of these and Russ made sure he was gone.....much to the demise of the club.

Amazing yes the clamour form the fanbase to sack Laudrup despite his winning us our first major trophy and us being on an European adventure, still in the cup but because our league form was dipping there waere calls for his head...yet Martin has had muchos support despite achieivng zilch as either a player or manager and taking us down the league

Where Brentford are in the PL this season is neither here nor there.
The Wembley play off was gutless embarrassment.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Forest... on 11:16 - Mar 13 with 482 viewsWhiterockin

Forest... on 11:08 - Mar 13 by Badlands

This 100%.
Forest... on 11:21 - Mar 13 with 479 viewsvetchonian

Forest... on 11:08 - Mar 13 by Badlands

We had had several gutless emabrrasments this season....the play off final has gone lets focus on the here and now let your hatred of Cooper go and focus on rthe here and now

Login to get fewer ads

Forest... on 18:47 - Mar 13 with 426 viewsshingle

So is this a i would love to be in their position in the Prem and still in with a shout of staying up thread.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2023 12:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024