Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Easter Saturday Nosh 19:23 - Apr 8 with 2052 viewsTogg

Just polished off a King Prawn Pathia, Cauliflower Bhajee, Pilau Rice . Couple of glasses of Rioja Crianza. Very nice. Pathia was quite spicey and I'm now sweating like Nicola Sturgeon's accountant.
Have a good weekend everybody and most importantly enjoy!
Easter Saturday Nosh on 20:10 - Apr 8 with 2012 viewsSullutaCreturned

Pizza, chips and curry sauce. I had a balti last night.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 20:58 - Apr 8 with 2000 viewsonehunglow

Greedy bugger .
Had a nice Greek salad and bottle of sparkling water

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:23 - Apr 9 with 1916 viewsSullutaCreturned

Easter Saturday Nosh on 20:58 - Apr 8 by onehunglow

Greedy bugger .
Had a nice Greek salad and bottle of sparkling water

I like Greek food BUT only when it's in Greece. UK Greek food is rubbish.

We can do a curry and that's about all.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 20:20 - Apr 9 with 1887 viewsTogg

Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:23 - Apr 9 by SullutaCreturned

I like Greek food BUT only when it's in Greece. UK Greek food is rubbish.

We can do a curry and that's about all.

Mrs Togg this evening cooked a couple of lovely plaice fillets, with potatos pobre. Very good indeed. 😋
Easter Saturday Nosh on 20:50 - Apr 9 with 1875 viewsKeithHaynes

Easter Saturday Nosh on 20:20 - Apr 9 by Togg

Mrs Togg this evening cooked a couple of lovely plaice fillets, with potatos pobre. Very good indeed. 😋

Decent Indian restaurants where you are ? 😉

Do you use padron or bell peppers in the pobre ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Easter Saturday Nosh on 22:45 - Apr 9 with 1817 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 20:50 - Apr 9 by KeithHaynes

I keep away from Indian restaurants, many have poor hygiene ratings
Easter Saturday Nosh on 07:41 - Apr 10 with 1770 viewsTogg

Killay Spice for the Indian. I will ask Mrs T about the peppers. I just do the eating.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 09:32 - Apr 10 with 1743 viewsTogg

Usually Padron but she didn't have any this time...blinking Brexit Chorizo leaks ( I've got to watch I don't eat to many onions ) cooked in Virgin Olive Oil
Login to get fewer ads

Easter Saturday Nosh on 09:35 - Apr 10 with 1741 viewsonehunglow

Now,you re just showboating

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Easter Saturday Nosh on 18:17 - Apr 11 with 1674 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 07:41 - Apr 10 by Togg

Killay Spice for the Indian. I will ask Mrs T about the peppers. I just do the eating.

Kilay Spice has a hygiene rating of 0, which would indicate some kind of infestation. Eat there at your peril
Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:59 - Apr 11 with 1652 viewsTogg

Easter Saturday Nosh on 18:17 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

Kilay Spice has a hygiene rating of 0, which would indicate some kind of infestation. Eat there at your peril

Last time I was actually in the restaurant it was 4. I've been generally getting my takeaways delivered. However I will look at that.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 21:05 - Apr 11 with 1629 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:59 - Apr 11 by Togg

Last time I was actually in the restaurant it was 4. I've been generally getting my takeaways delivered. However I will look at that.

https://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search/en-GB/Killay%20spice/%5E/Relevance/
Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 1508 viewsTogg

Easter Saturday Nosh on 21:05 - Apr 11 by controversial_jack

https://ratings.food.gov.uk/authority-search/en-GB/Killay%20spice/%5E/Relevance/

I certainly didn't have a curry from there this weekend. Feel really let down as I've known the brothers for years but a 0 rating is just totally unacceptable.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:36 - Apr 15 with 1505 viewsTogg

Tonight. Mostly supermarket Tapas but Mrs T has done an exceptional Mackerel Pate with Sourdough bread. All good healthy stuff. Oh and a Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon.
Man of the people me. Not some bourgeoisie pretentious div! ;)
Easter Saturday Nosh on 00:13 - Apr 16 with 1445 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:36 - Apr 15 by Togg

Tonight. Mostly supermarket Tapas but Mrs T has done an exceptional Mackerel Pate with Sourdough bread. All good healthy stuff. Oh and a Casillero del Diablo Cabernet Sauvignon.
Man of the people me. Not some bourgeoisie pretentious div! ;)

Sounds lovely, and I hope you enjoyed. Without wishing to be controversial - my nick is a wind up, there does seem to be a trend that Indian restaurants are generally filthy places. Chinese seem to be much better, and most chippies seem to be spot on
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 0:15]
Easter Saturday Nosh on 08:06 - Apr 16 with 1389 viewsWhiterockin

Easter Saturday Nosh on 00:13 - Apr 16 by controversial_jack

Sounds lovely, and I hope you enjoyed. Without wishing to be controversial - my nick is a wind up, there does seem to be a trend that Indian restaurants are generally filthy places. Chinese seem to be much better, and most chippies seem to be spot on
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 0:15]

I'm not saying this is the case here, but quite often the mark down is due to poor/bad paperwork records. It's not surprising as their command of written English language is often poor. There must be a market for a translator to go around twice a week updating from a native tongue to English.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 08:17 - Apr 16 with 1381 viewsWhiterockin

Easter Saturday Nosh on 08:06 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

I'm not saying this is the case here, but quite often the mark down is due to poor/bad paperwork records. It's not surprising as their command of written English language is often poor. There must be a market for a translator to go around twice a week updating from a native tongue to English.

This is the report on the Killay Spice.

Area inspected by food safety officer Standards found

Hygienic food handling
Hygienic handling of food including preparation, cooking, re-heating, cooling and storage
Major improvement necessary

Cleanliness and condition of facilities and building
Cleanliness and condition of facilities and building (including having appropriate layout, ventilation, hand washing facilities and pest control) to enable good food hygiene
Improvement necessary

Management of food safety
System or checks in place to ensure that food sold or served is safe to eat, evidence that staff know about food safety, and the food safety officer has confidence that standards will be maintained in future
Urgent improvemen

The cleanliness came down as improvement necessary. But the more urgent are the management and handling of food. Quite often means procedure and recording as evidence.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 09:18 - Apr 16 with 1358 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 08:06 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

i'm afraid it doesn't. A zero would indicate some kind of infestation although they don't state it on paper
Easter Saturday Nosh on 10:11 - Apr 16 with 1343 viewsWhiterockin

Easter Saturday Nosh on 09:18 - Apr 16 by controversial_jack

i'm afraid it doesn't. A zero would indicate some kind of infestation although they don't state it on paper

It doesn't work like that. To get a rating of "0" you would need to have a score of 50 or more. On inspection you are given points for every infringement and they are totalled up 50 points and you get a 0 rating for 50. Each of the three sections (how hygienically the food is handled, the condition of the structure of the premises and cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities) is classified as to Urgent, Major or improvement.

Lack of paperwork or failure to keep records would be major as would the kitchen layout or no training for staff, a cracked tile would be urgent as would improvements to poor practices in place. These are just some examples, the list is extensive. The inspector has the power to implement an immediate shut down on the spot, this would be done for an infestation.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 17:55 - Apr 16 with 1300 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 10:11 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

It doesn't work like that. To get a rating of "0" you would need to have a score of 50 or more. On inspection you are given points for every infringement and they are totalled up 50 points and you get a 0 rating for 50. Each of the three sections (how hygienically the food is handled, the condition of the structure of the premises and cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities) is classified as to Urgent, Major or improvement.

Lack of paperwork or failure to keep records would be major as would the kitchen layout or no training for staff, a cracked tile would be urgent as would improvements to poor practices in place. These are just some examples, the list is extensive. The inspector has the power to implement an immediate shut down on the spot, this would be done for an infestation.

Of course those are listed, but it wouldn't explain away a zero rating.You can't get lower than a zero. Dirty b*stards should be closed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51120935
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:57]
Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:44 - Apr 16 with 1267 viewsWhiterockin

Easter Saturday Nosh on 17:55 - Apr 16 by controversial_jack

Of course those are listed, but it wouldn't explain away a zero rating.You can't get lower than a zero. Dirty b*stards should be closed

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51120935
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:57]

As explained to you, you get a zero for an accumulation across the inspection criteria.

"But, Mr Cole added, a zero rating reflects failures across the board."

"A zero indicates failures across all three areas."

The three areas I explained to you.

You said.

Clearly this is not the case.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 19:53]
Easter Saturday Nosh on 21:03 - Apr 16 with 1228 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 19:44 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

As explained to you, you get a zero for an accumulation across the inspection criteria.

"But, Mr Cole added, a zero rating reflects failures across the board."

"A zero indicates failures across all three areas."

The three areas I explained to you.

You said.

Clearly this is not the case.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 19:53]

Would you eat there?
Easter Saturday Nosh on 21:06 - Apr 16 with 1215 viewsWhiterockin

Easter Saturday Nosh on 21:03 - Apr 16 by controversial_jack

Would you eat there?

No.

But if one of my establishments was accused of having an infestation and it didn't there would be serious repercussions.

I think its best we leave it there.
Easter Saturday Nosh on 21:52 - Apr 16 with 1186 viewscontroversial_jack

Easter Saturday Nosh on 21:06 - Apr 16 by Whiterockin

No.

But if one of my establishments was accused of having an infestation and it didn't there would be serious repercussions.

I think its best we leave it there.

There are quite a few with zero ratings too
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024