Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austria pre-season 15:54 - Jun 7 with 27154 viewsNorthernr

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/austria-pre-season-training-camp-confirmed-
Austria pre-season on 11:54 - Jun 8 with 2784 viewsSheffieldHoop

Done a couple of pre-seasons abroad but will not be doing this one. Given what's been announced I'll be quite surprised if it doesn't all get changed at the last minute anyway.

Honestly, it's like the club doesn't even want fans' support atm. The club shop has nothing, just says "We can't find products matching the selection" on every page - Great work, I'll buy them an amazon voucher instead. Announcement of this tour - "if attending, please note there is more than one Raiffeisen Arena in Austria".......The quiet part......we can't actually confirm which one it is, but here's the address we've been given anyway, your guess is as good as ours. The Ticketing website is utterly riddled with issues and has been for years.

I think this is the third or fourth trip to Austria in 10 years. Most clubs go to fun, cheap places like the Algarve. Not us. Not QPR.

Piss takers.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Austria pre-season on 11:57 - Jun 8 with 2789 viewsNorthernr

Austria pre-season on 11:54 - Jun 8 by SheffieldHoop

Done a couple of pre-seasons abroad but will not be doing this one. Given what's been announced I'll be quite surprised if it doesn't all get changed at the last minute anyway.

Honestly, it's like the club doesn't even want fans' support atm. The club shop has nothing, just says "We can't find products matching the selection" on every page - Great work, I'll buy them an amazon voucher instead. Announcement of this tour - "if attending, please note there is more than one Raiffeisen Arena in Austria".......The quiet part......we can't actually confirm which one it is, but here's the address we've been given anyway, your guess is as good as ours. The Ticketing website is utterly riddled with issues and has been for years.

I think this is the third or fourth trip to Austria in 10 years. Most clubs go to fun, cheap places like the Algarve. Not us. Not QPR.

Piss takers.

At a time when they really need to be getting fans onside as well. It does feel like we're on a sort of drift. No attention to finer details whatsoever.

The venue for the first game does very much scream a repeat of what happened in Holland a couple of years ago i.e. somebody at the local police station clocks late in the day that they're thinking of playing QPR v Slavia Prague on the village green and says "yeh absolutely not" and it either gets cancelled, moved or stuck behind closed doors somewhere.
Austria pre-season on 11:59 - Jun 8 with 2776 viewsAntti_Heinola

Austria pre-season on 11:57 - Jun 8 by Northernr

At a time when they really need to be getting fans onside as well. It does feel like we're on a sort of drift. No attention to finer details whatsoever.

The venue for the first game does very much scream a repeat of what happened in Holland a couple of years ago i.e. somebody at the local police station clocks late in the day that they're thinking of playing QPR v Slavia Prague on the village green and says "yeh absolutely not" and it either gets cancelled, moved or stuck behind closed doors somewhere.

This makes me think changes are still coming - this sort of drift, no ownership, no management, everyone sort of on a holding pattern.

Bare bones.

Austria pre-season on 12:02 - Jun 8 with 2754 viewsNorthernr

This is where they reckon that first game is happening...

Austria pre-season on 12:51 - Jun 8 with 2603 viewstoboboly

I get the following;

https://www.google.com/maps/place/UFC+Pieno+Rohrbach-Berg/@48.5675234,13.9934754

It has an athletics track so looks like a step 7 ground over here (think Hornchurch).

edit: same as Norf's post above. I don't think it looks that bad, but then I am used to non-league and that is definitely non-league!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 12:55]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Austria pre-season on 13:28 - Jun 8 with 2492 viewsSheffieldHoop

Austria pre-season on 12:51 - Jun 8 by toboboly

I get the following;

https://www.google.com/maps/place/UFC+Pieno+Rohrbach-Berg/@48.5675234,13.9934754

It has an athletics track so looks like a step 7 ground over here (think Hornchurch).

edit: same as Norf's post above. I don't think it looks that bad, but then I am used to non-league and that is definitely non-league!
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 12:55]

Has anybody managed to find any suggestion that this field has ever been known as Raiffeisen Arena? I would consider going over if it is actually at the Raiffeisen Arena in Linz, as is kind of implied in the article.

Edit - Just heard one QPR fan has booked a flight to Prague assuming we'd be playing Slavia at their place. What a club.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 13:36]

Austria pre-season on 13:32 - Jun 8 with 2501 viewsJeff

Austria pre-season on 13:28 - Jun 8 by SheffieldHoop

Has anybody managed to find any suggestion that this field has ever been known as Raiffeisen Arena? I would consider going over if it is actually at the Raiffeisen Arena in Linz, as is kind of implied in the article.

Edit - Just heard one QPR fan has booked a flight to Prague assuming we'd be playing Slavia at their place. What a club.

If you go to the website for UFC Pieno

https://vereine.oefb.at/UFCPIENORohrbachBerg/News/

halfway down the link above they list the stadium as:

Sportplatz
Raiffeisen Arena Rohrbach-Berg
Hopfengasse 17
4150 Rohrbach

So that bit of grass in the middle of nowhere is indeed 'Raiffeisen Arena'

Can we not knock it?

Austria pre-season on 13:37 - Jun 8 with 2495 viewsNorthernr

I'm still of the mind that it must be the one in Linz. It's got a smaller stadium next to it, like at Man City, where as a poster says above Union Berlin played a friendly a couple of years ago that coincided with outs.

There's also a second Raiffeisen Arena in a suburb off to the west of Linz, which again looks a more realistic venue.

The village QPR reckon they're playing in is 1hr 30 on the train from Linz, 3hr 30 from Vienna with 2 changes, and has no train back after 7pm at night, and one very ropey looking guesthouse.
Login to get fewer ads

Austria pre-season on 13:40 - Jun 8 with 2466 viewsSheffieldHoop

Austria pre-season on 13:32 - Jun 8 by Jeff

If you go to the website for UFC Pieno

https://vereine.oefb.at/UFCPIENORohrbachBerg/News/

halfway down the link above they list the stadium as:

Sportplatz
Raiffeisen Arena Rohrbach-Berg
Hopfengasse 17
4150 Rohrbach

So that bit of grass in the middle of nowhere is indeed 'Raiffeisen Arena'

Top snooping. That's that plan in the bin, then.

Austria pre-season on 13:47 - Jun 8 with 2440 viewstoboboly

Tbf if someone has booked Prague despite the club saying it is in Austria is on them

Austria pre-season on 13:50 - Jun 8 with 2420 viewsSheffieldHoop

Austria pre-season on 13:47 - Jun 8 by toboboly

Tbf if someone has booked Prague despite the club saying it is in Austria is on them

Yep. Apparently the uber from Prague will be at least 3 hours.

Austria pre-season on 13:50 - Jun 8 with 2431 viewstoboboly

Austria pre-season on 13:50 - Jun 8 by SheffieldHoop

Yep. Apparently the uber from Prague will be at least 3 hours.

Ouch

Austria pre-season on 13:53 - Jun 8 with 2426 viewsNorthernr

TBF this place seems like it's three hours from anywhere.

Sam from the Crown was also looking at Prague flights until I intercepted him

Loads of QPR on twitter assuming it's the ground in Linz.

All sorts of potential here. Maybe this could finally be the season for the LFW book.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Austria pre-season on 14:13 - Jun 8 with 2322 viewsNorthernr

Sought some clarification from the club and, yeh, that is indeed the venue ^^.
Austria pre-season on 14:18 - Jun 8 with 2293 viewstoboboly

Austria pre-season on 14:13 - Jun 8 by Northernr

It would probably be better if they did a tour of Devon or Cornwall and played non-league clubs - would be easier to get to and probably cost less.

Austria pre-season on 14:31 - Jun 8 with 2249 viewsAntti_Heinola

effin hell.

Bare bones.

Austria pre-season on 14:32 - Jun 8 with 2231 viewsSheffieldHoop

Meanwhile, Charlton's announcement of their tour of Malaga says......
"The Addicks’ pre-season training camp runs from July 9th to July 15th with supporters invited to be a part of the trip. The Addicks are expecting to play a pre-season friendly while in Spain which will be open to supporters. The club will make fans aware once the friendly is confirmed."

No game confirmed yet, but invite you to come and meet the players, watch them train etc. Our club was like that once upon a time. QPR is not the only club treating their own fans like dirt. But that doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Austria pre-season on 14:36 - Jun 8 with 2221 viewsAustrianHoop

Actually I would be very surprised if the game is not played in Rohrbach Berg. It is very common that friendlies during training camps take place at lower league grounds. By the way where are QPR based during the camp? Anyway I will try to phone the local club tomorrow to find if they know anything about it (today is a holiday over here)
Austria pre-season on 14:36 - Jun 8 with 2217 viewsNorthernr

Austria pre-season on 14:32 - Jun 8 by SheffieldHoop

Meanwhile, Charlton's announcement of their tour of Malaga says......
"The Addicks’ pre-season training camp runs from July 9th to July 15th with supporters invited to be a part of the trip. The Addicks are expecting to play a pre-season friendly while in Spain which will be open to supporters. The club will make fans aware once the friendly is confirmed."

No game confirmed yet, but invite you to come and meet the players, watch them train etc. Our club was like that once upon a time. QPR is not the only club treating their own fans like dirt. But that doesn't make it any more acceptable.

And, like I say, it's at a time when they should falling over themselves to get us onside, make us happy, lift the mood. At the moment it's higher season ticket prices, fire sale of players, a seemingly inevitable relegation struggle, attritional football style, manager says he's scared and we should lower our expectations, and you can come on the pre-season tour if you want we'll be playing.... over there, somewhere.
Austria pre-season on 14:44 - Jun 8 with 2151 viewsdaveB

Austria pre-season on 14:36 - Jun 8 by Northernr

And, like I say, it's at a time when they should falling over themselves to get us onside, make us happy, lift the mood. At the moment it's higher season ticket prices, fire sale of players, a seemingly inevitable relegation struggle, attritional football style, manager says he's scared and we should lower our expectations, and you can come on the pre-season tour if you want we'll be playing.... over there, somewhere.

Playing devils advocate whatever they do is deemed wrong at the moment. Dickie slaughtered all season then the club gets stick for selling. Dykes the same.

We don't like the type of players Ainsworth wants despite not knowing who they are yet and not knowing who we are linked with is equally a problem for some. The academy is apparently dreadful because we're not seeing a production line of players which has been pretty much the way at QPR and clubs with far bigger academies than us since time began.

Now a few pre season games in Austria complained about because it's not easy for fans to get to, is it a training camp we want or a jolly up for fans. We've all done nothing but moan about how desperate we are to see the back of them, calls on social media to boycott games and now annoyed at where a pre season game is being played.

Everything is so doom and gloom at the moment to the point where if they announced tomorrow they were signing Messi people would find a problem with that

We may well struggle next year, it may well be as awful as many are predicting but blimey it's depressing on here at the moment
Austria pre-season on 14:47 - Jun 8 with 2137 viewsNorthernr

Austria pre-season on 14:44 - Jun 8 by daveB

Playing devils advocate whatever they do is deemed wrong at the moment. Dickie slaughtered all season then the club gets stick for selling. Dykes the same.

We don't like the type of players Ainsworth wants despite not knowing who they are yet and not knowing who we are linked with is equally a problem for some. The academy is apparently dreadful because we're not seeing a production line of players which has been pretty much the way at QPR and clubs with far bigger academies than us since time began.

Now a few pre season games in Austria complained about because it's not easy for fans to get to, is it a training camp we want or a jolly up for fans. We've all done nothing but moan about how desperate we are to see the back of them, calls on social media to boycott games and now annoyed at where a pre season game is being played.

Everything is so doom and gloom at the moment to the point where if they announced tomorrow they were signing Messi people would find a problem with that

We may well struggle next year, it may well be as awful as many are predicting but blimey it's depressing on here at the moment

I'd keep off the Twitter mate, this place is like some tropical bar in the Maldives in comparison!

Agree though TBF, it's just one of those periods where we're all needlessly grumpy about every little thing.
Austria pre-season on 14:48 - Jun 8 with 2117 viewsSheffieldHoop

Austria pre-season on 14:36 - Jun 8 by Northernr

Yeah, they could sort of get away with it while signing Ji-Sung Park. But when you're going around asking if anyone "has some spare buy-in we could borrow".......Treating your hardcore like a bunch of weirdly over-obsessive boyfriends (Look, we know we are, just let us be) isn't helpful.

Austria pre-season on 14:52 - Jun 8 with 2086 viewsdaveB

Austria pre-season on 14:47 - Jun 8 by Northernr

I'd keep off the Twitter mate, this place is like some tropical bar in the Maldives in comparison!

Agree though TBF, it's just one of those periods where we're all needlessly grumpy about every little thing.

Yeah I need to stop looking, it's driving me a bit mad
Austria pre-season on 14:55 - Jun 8 with 2071 viewsAustrianHoop

It is the tour organisers who organise opponents and venues so it is down to them. As there are many foreign clubs in Austria for summer training camps they should have enough experience. There is a second game by the way in a decent stadium against an admittedly not so attractive opponent. It's the one I will go to, it will take me more than two hours by car each way...
Austria pre-season on 14:55 - Jun 8 with 2071 viewsNorthernr

Austria pre-season on 14:52 - Jun 8 by daveB

Yeah I need to stop looking, it's driving me a bit mad

Yeh I've made myself stop. Feel so much better for it. Mass mute and block and basically use it for links and jokes now, drive traffic back here and get the hell out.

It was always a bit of a hellhole, but getting involved even in what you initially think is a friendly conversation on there now is just asking for trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024