Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride 09:29 - Jul 31 with 2883 viewsdna

Apologies for the length of the post, perhaps I'm old, but has PC gone mad???

A revamped version of Disneyland's famed Snow White ride is drawing backlash for portraying the 'true love's kiss' scene, which critics say undermines lessons about consent by portraying the Prince kissing Snow White while she is asleep.

'A kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening,'

In the new movie, Rachel Zegler (a Latino 'actor') has been cast as Snow White
“People are making these jokes about ours being the PC Snow White, where it’s like, yeah, it is — because it needed that,” says Zegler

The Snow White remake won’t have its title character waiting around for a prince to come to save her. Zegler says that Snow White is “dreaming of becoming the leader she knows she can be, and the leader that her late father told her that she could be"

Photos from the Snow White set revealed that the seven characters accompanying Snow White weren’t all dwarfs. They were actors of different heights, races, and genders.

I give up!!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 10:24]
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 10:05 - Jul 31 with 2203 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Disney’s last eight studio releases have made a combined loss of $900 million.

Simply put people are voting with their feet and don’t want to watch this nonsense.

It’s not just Disney either. Amazon recently spunked away a record amount on their terrible Tolkien fanfic series “Galadriel: Warrior princess” that everyone hated.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 10:37 - Jul 31 with 2161 viewsonehunglow

Clearly this generation is the most intelligent and perceptive of all time
Every single epoch of yore was racist, sexiest or inappropriate
For sure, the most arrogant in human history . It can only be right

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 13:01 - Jul 31 with 2105 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 10:37 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

Clearly this generation is the most intelligent and perceptive of all time
Every single epoch of yore was racist, sexiest or inappropriate
For sure, the most arrogant in human history . It can only be right

…or young girls aspirations have moved on from just looking really pretty to attract a prince?

Disney have made some real turkeys recently but the move over the last two decades to strong female leads is a positive one.
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 13:02 - Jul 31 with 2106 viewsshandyjack

this interview is fantastic, the woke individual trying to stand up for the movie whilst being told he's wrong by the person he trying to 'defend'. It sums up this world

Poll: Expectation for the season

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 14:19 - Jul 31 with 2076 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 13:01 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

…or young girls aspirations have moved on from just looking really pretty to attract a prince?

Disney have made some real turkeys recently but the move over the last two decades to strong female leads is a positive one.

“…or young girls aspirations have moved on from just looking really pretty to attract a prince?”

I’m not sure that’s entirely true. I think if you surveyed a hundred 18 year old women asking if they wanted to meet a tall dark and handsome man and be swept off their feet the answer would be a resounding yes. I think the attraction of a fairytale romance will never die out especially for young girls. You only have to look at the amounts spent on clothes, make up, hair, lashes, lip fillers, nails etc or the popularity of vacuous programmes like love island to see young women still aspire to look pretty, more so than ever I’d say. The pressures to look perfect are insane these days.

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 14:21 - Jul 31 with 2074 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 14:19 - Jul 31 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

“…or young girls aspirations have moved on from just looking really pretty to attract a prince?”

I’m not sure that’s entirely true. I think if you surveyed a hundred 18 year old women asking if they wanted to meet a tall dark and handsome man and be swept off their feet the answer would be a resounding yes. I think the attraction of a fairytale romance will never die out especially for young girls. You only have to look at the amounts spent on clothes, make up, hair, lashes, lip fillers, nails etc or the popularity of vacuous programmes like love island to see young women still aspire to look pretty, more so than ever I’d say. The pressures to look perfect are insane these days.

Bit like the B movie actress who married her primce.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 14:54 - Jul 31 with 2058 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 14:19 - Jul 31 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Certainly you’re right for some but I’m not so sure it’s the norm.

I’d also say that with social media and Love Island type things going in on, the need is even greater for positive female role models whether in business, sport or even Disney princesses that don’t need a man to make their dreams come true.
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:06 - Jul 31 with 2046 viewsFlashberryjack

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 13:01 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

Jesus Gwyn, what planet are you living on ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:10 - Jul 31 with 2026 viewsonehunglow

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 14:54 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

Certainly you’re right for some but I’m not so sure it’s the norm.

I’d also say that with social media and Love Island type things going in on, the need is even greater for positive female role models whether in business, sport or even Disney princesses that don’t need a man to make their dreams come true.

It’s called childhood
One of my granddaughters wanted to be a princess.
She’s over it now and was kidding us all along the way
No damage done

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:15 - Jul 31 with 2024 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:06 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

Jesus Gwyn, what planet are you living on ?

One that wants girls to have choices.

You can’t be what you can’t see.
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:46 - Jul 31 with 2007 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

At the dining table on Sunday, the subject of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs came up. There was a discussion about if that film would be made now.

My grand daughter aged 5 intervened and said 'it's only a story'.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:52 - Jul 31 with 1997 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:46 - Jul 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

At the dining table on Sunday, the subject of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs came up. There was a discussion about if that film would be made now.

What a perfect response 👏
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 17:01 - Jul 31 with 1972 viewsFlashberryjack

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:15 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

And they don't have choices now ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 17:21 - Jul 31 with 1959 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 17:01 - Jul 31 by Flashberryjack

And they don't have choices now ?

Getting better all the time, thankfully.

Still needs further promotion though. Things like powerful media examples help, as do sporting promotions like This Girl Can.

I thought this was fab too:

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 17:42 - Jul 31 with 1948 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:15 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

Disney however seems to be of the opinion that the choice to romance and marry and set up a family is an undesirable one. They are of the belief that a strong woman is an emotionless joyless husk who doesn’t need any attachments whatsoever and runs around kicking the asses of anyone who stands in her way.

Compare and contrast Galadriel in the Peter Jackson films versus the Amazon mess. She exudes power and grace in the Jackson trilogy and doesn’t even pick up a weapon. Yet she is still an equal partner of her husband the lord celeborn who was inexplicably written out of the Amazon mess because strong wommin need no man.

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 17:58 - Jul 31 with 1940 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 17:42 - Jul 31 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Disney however seems to be of the opinion that the choice to romance and marry and set up a family is an undesirable one. They are of the belief that a strong woman is an emotionless joyless husk who doesn’t need any attachments whatsoever and runs around kicking the asses of anyone who stands in her way.

Compare and contrast Galadriel in the Peter Jackson films versus the Amazon mess. She exudes power and grace in the Jackson trilogy and doesn’t even pick up a weapon. Yet she is still an equal partner of her husband the lord celeborn who was inexplicably written out of the Amazon mess because strong wommin need no man.

Which of the 14 official Disney princesses (all of whom appear live in their parks and whose back catalogues are constantly available on their streaming services) do you think are emotionally joyless husks?
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 18:19 - Jul 31 with 1932 viewsSullutaCreturned

I'm not sure that is true, there hadn't been a female Prime Minister, until there was one. I'm sure there are many examples of women becoming thinsg they couldn't see.

For me, why re-write a story? Why not just write a new one. Why can't Snow White and her Prince have a daughter? Why do women's roles have to be competely altered in new storylines so they are unrecognisable?

Why can't they write modern fairytales? Don't they have the talent?
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 18:25 - Jul 31 with 1928 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 18:19 - Jul 31 by SullutaCreturned

I'm not sure that is true, there hadn't been a female Prime Minister, until there was one. I'm sure there are many examples of women becoming thinsg they couldn't see.

For me, why re-write a story? Why not just write a new one. Why can't Snow White and her Prince have a daughter? Why do women's roles have to be competely altered in new storylines so they are unrecognisable?

Why can't they write modern fairytales? Don't they have the talent?

I think that’s an excellent point, Cat.

On one hand they are stories so by their nature they can be messed with but why bother?
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 18:38 - Jul 31 with 1912 viewsSullutaCreturned

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 18:25 - Jul 31 by Gwyn737

I think that’s an excellent point, Cat.

On one hand they are stories so by their nature they can be messed with but why bother?

Yep, and then it doesn't give us dinosaurs anything to moan about
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 09:28 - Aug 1 with 1821 viewscontroversial_jack

What choices don't girls have thesedays, in the Uk at least?
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 09:46 - Aug 1 with 1815 viewsonehunglow

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 15:46 - Jul 31 by JACKMANANDBOY

Bright girl
Kids know the difference between re@pity and fantasy .
Adults often don’t

We ruin kids. Leave them alone .

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 10:50 - Aug 1 with 1795 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 09:28 - Aug 1 by controversial_jack

What choices don't girls have thesedays, in the Uk at least?

As I said earlier, it's getting better all the time (thankfully) and that's in part to do with female role models.

That's all I've really been saying in this thread; real life examples raise aspirations.

The fact I've had push back speaks volumes.
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 12:00 - Aug 1 with 1772 viewsonehunglow

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 10:50 - Aug 1 by Gwyn737

As I said earlier, it's getting better all the time (thankfully) and that's in part to do with female role models.

That's all I've really been saying in this thread; real life examples raise aspirations.

Your comments,Gwyn,with respect can be misinterpreted.
My point is kids are smarter than we think .
We teach them to do the wrong things.
These days, my generation is being demonised but not by them though.

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 12:21 - Aug 1 with 1766 viewscontroversial_jack

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 10:50 - Aug 1 by Gwyn737

They have the same choices as males do. It's down to legislation not role models
Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 12:31 - Aug 1 with 1764 viewsGwyn737

Politically Correct Snow White Film Re-make/Theme Park Ride on 12:21 - Aug 1 by controversial_jack

They have the same choices as males do. It's down to legislation not role models

So you’ve no issue with the OP on Disney changes then?

Tidy. We’re on the same page.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024